Beautiful cakes done your way!

From the every day cake, to the most elegant of wedding cakes, you can find exactly what you are looking for! Everything is made in house with wholesome, high quality ingredients and lots of love. We work with every budget and theme. You’ll find everything your looking for and more at Kat's Cakes!

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free

Cake Serving Sets, Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1331 Barataria Blvd, Marrero, LA (504) 309-4306

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Jennifer R

My wedding was on June 21, 2014 and I searched for the perfect bakery to create a special grooms cake for my soon to be husband. After speaking with Kat, who was such a pleasure to work with, I told her my vision and she was confident that she would be able to create exactly... Read More what I wad looking for. This cake had sentimental components so it had to be perfect! She went above and beyond my expectations and did a spectacular job on my grooms cake! I was beyond pleased and would recommend her to anyone!! Thanks Kat :)

2014-09-24T12:38:38 Response from the vendor

You are very welcome! I get so many people complimenting that cake! They all want that duck!! I was so glad to be a part of your day and knowing that it had a special meaning, made it that much more important that we made... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Layaly K

I absolutely adored my sweet + cake table not only was it simply breathtaking it was delicious Kat is amazing she was organized gave me everything I asked for I didn't have to stress over anything she set up on time and decorated everything !! My sweet table was the talk of the... Read More night everyone commented about it and loved it I'm excited to work with her again!! My dream wedding came true!!!

2015-10-29T21:51:25 Response from the vendor

I am so grateful that you trusted us to do your cake and sweets table! It turned out better than I imagined. Thanks! Kat

Amazing Owner and Gorgeous cake!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

Kat is by far the nicest, most helpful baker I have ever met! She is so very talented at what she does, I very affordable, and personable!!! She answered every single question, I spoke directly with her, and she answered me so fast! I did not see my cake before the wedding, and... Read More when I walked in afterwards, the first thought that came to mind was "Oh my, that is the most beautiful cake I've ever seen!" If I could attach a picture I would! Kat makes ALL of her cakes from scratch, does not freeze them, AND makes her own filling! I got so many compliments and questions on my cakes that it was insane! Everyone raved about how delicious and moist the cake was! Kat's Cakes, in my opinion, stands out above everyone else I spoke with prior to deciding on a baker! Customer service, talent, cost, and taste were absolutely superb!!! I highly recommend Kat's cakes! I simply cannot thank her enough for all of her hardwork and for truly caring about what I wanted and making it happen! She was always so very polite and accommodating! You will not regret picking this cake lady for your special day! I'm serious. Look no further!!!!!!!! Victoria

2014-09-28T14:54:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks Victoria!! I loved your cake so much and it was even better after the florist added all the flowers! It is now one of my new favorites! I did get so many compliments on the cake and had some even ask if we really... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Sherri R

Kat did my daughter's wedding and groom's cake!!!! Was absolutely beautifully done and could not have taste more delicious. She is sooo professional and so sweet!!!!! Great experience!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Erika P

We were married on July 1, 2017 and had Kat do our wedding cake. It was absolutely amazing. The design was even better than I had imagined, and everyone was chomping at the bit to taste it. I would recommend Kat to anyone needing an excellent cake for any event or celebration.... Read More Kat herself is professional, easy going, and has a great sense of humor.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Christina H

I planned our vow renewal from another state. I wasn't able to go by bakery and meet with her. Everything was done over the phone and internet. I sent her two pictures of cakes I wanted combined. She did exactly what I imagined and the cake was delicious! I couldn't have been... Read More happier!

2017-03-21T22:26:30 Response from the vendor

I am so happy that we were able to do exactly what you wanted. All of our brides are important to us and reviews like this make it all worth while! Congrats and thanks for trusting us on your special day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Dana W

They did my wedding shower cake and dessert bar and they were beautiful! Cannot wait for the wedding cake!

2016-10-23T20:19:24 Response from the vendor

Your cake is going to be awesome. Can't wait!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Sarah P

We got our wedding cake and grooms cake here and she did a great job. Her staff is really nice too. The price was better than every place we went. 5 stars!

2016-10-23T20:19:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kyle T

Kat and her staff made a BB8 grooms cake for my wedding and it was the bomb! Thank you

2016-10-23T20:16:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks. We love how he came out! Congrats again!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Katlyn B

Kats cakes made our wedding cake and sweets table and it was better than we could have imagined! Thanks for making our day more special with your attention to detail and going above and beyond.

2016-10-23T20:17:30 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016

Kat was just a pleasure to work with. She knew what she was talking about. We did a free tasting and by the time we were done I was ready to book my cakes with her. She was able to bring my ideas to life. And the cakes were amazing. They were beautiful and delicious. I highly... Read More recommend using Kat's Cakes for your wedding.

2016-10-23T20:20:39 Response from the vendor

Awe! thank you for becoming a new customer. We loved being you baker!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

I got married on Sept. 10, 2016! My husband and I went to a bunch of different cake testings, but Kat's cake was definitely the best! Kat was so personable and friendly, we loved working with her! She made me feel confident that my cake was going to be as beautiful as I had... Read More hoped, and it was. Her prices are great, and her staff is super friendly! We loved everything and we will definitely be back!

2016-10-12T16:13:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks! I am so glad you were happy with the cake and my girls! Congrats again.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

They did my grooms cake and it was better than the wedding cake... Please don't tell my wife I said that. lol! Thanks Kat and staff!

2016-10-12T16:13:24 Response from the vendor

We wont tell! Thanks again and congrats to you and the mrs!!! :)

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

Kat and her staff are super sweet and the cake was very affordable. She made it exactly the way we wanted and the price was great! Highly recommend

2016-10-12T15:32:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be a part if your day! Glad to make a new customer!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Ashley S

My husband and I went to Kat's Cakes after we was told a ridiculous price by our venue for a cake through whom they go through. Kat saved the day when she told us she can deliver to our venue! We always heard of her cakes through word of mouth and we couldn't be happier that we... Read More chose her for our big day! My husband and I didn't get any of the grooms cakes, because our guest was lined up waiting on it as the cake was being cut.Thank you Kat for making ourr big day special. The cakes were exactly how we wanted them! Also, we loved her welcomely and friendly personality!

2016-10-12T14:20:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your special day!! :)

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Brooke R

By far the yummiest cake we had ever had! I really loved our wedding cake and Kat was such a great pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend Kat's Cakes to everyone.

2016-06-14T16:34:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am so glad you chose us to be a part of your wedding! Congrats!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Charlotte D

We were absolutely thrilled with our experience with Kat's Cakes. I'm lactose intolerant, and my wife and I were having so much trouble finding anywhere that would make a lactose free cake. Kat's took on the challenge and created the perfect cake for our wedding. It was... Read More delicious! Additionally, their costumer service is beyond compare. We had a wonderful time at our tasting, and very much enjoyed chatting with the staff who are friendly, warm, and happy to accommodate whatever you may need. I cannot recommend Kat's highly enough.

2016-06-14T14:24:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! We were happy to be your baker and wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Kate G

Kat was great to work with. She coordinated with the florist to top the cake with no issue. Price was great and our guests loved the cake! Yum!

2016-04-03T21:13:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for including us in your special day! :)

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

Kat's Cakes made my mini wedding cake favors that I gave out at my small wedding. They were soooo delicious and I received many phone calls after from friends asking me which bakery the mini cakes were made at. Kat has great customer service skills and prices. I will definitely... Read More be back again and again. Thanks Kat's Cakes!!!!

2015-12-29T22:15:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for those kind words! I loved your little cakes! Perfect wedding favors. Congrats! :)

Best cake ever

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Tammy H

Kat is very friendly and helpful. She bakes beautiful cakes and they taste amazing. Plus she made both the wedding and groom's cakes exactly as requested. Our guests raved about the look and taste of both. Highly recommend!!

2016-10-11T13:15:21 Response from the vendor

Awe, Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

Kat did my wedding cake I loved it I did not see till the wedding and it was perfect!!!

2015-09-17T22:33:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for trusting us to be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

Love Kat's Cakes! Always get exactly what I order or even better. She goes out of her way to make the fine details and make your day special. She has made my daughter's dental hygeine graduation cake which was amazing I might add, her bridal shower cake which was too beautiful... Read More for words and the groom's cake which was just what the groom ordered. Perfect in every way and delicious as well! Love you Kat, Thanks for all you do! Kim W

2015-09-17T21:55:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks Kim!! I love you and your family too. I am blessed to have been able to be a part of such great times in both yours and Shana's life. 😘

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

Totally love Kat's Cakes. Our cake came out soon much better than we thought. Kat went above and beyond. She is extremely sweet and caring. She will work with you!! Check her out. We will always get our cakes from Kat's Cake!! Thanks Kat for everything!!!!

2015-09-17T21:56:33 Response from the vendor

You're very welcome honey! Congrats and I wish you a long and happy marriage!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015

Kat's Cakes was amazing from the customer service to the cake itself!!! I was looking for a bakery to do my Wedding cake and Grooms cake for our Wedding March 28, 2015, we got several recommendations, but when I went into Kat's and met with her I knew she was the one I wanted to... Read More do our cakes. I brought her picture of what we wanted for both of our cakes and she exceeded our expectations not only with presentation, but the taste was outstanding!!!! It was so fresh. We also purchased chocolate covered pretzels (in our color scheme), cupcakes, and Petit fours. Every one of our guest could not stop talking about how great the cakes were, even the men!!!! Everything was perfect!!! I would highly recommend Kat's Cakes.

2015-08-11T22:32:55 Response from the vendor

Your cake is still one of my favorites! I am so glad to have you and the boys and I am so thankful that you trusted us to be a part of your special day! Kat

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Takasha N

First the cake was decorated exactly how i wanted it. Just beautiful. The flavor...... Omg! The cake was delicious. The vendor was easy to work with as i coordinated every thing out of state.

2015-08-11T19:21:22 Response from the vendor

Thanks! I love getting destination weddings from out of towners! It's nice to give some southern hospitality and NOLA love to our brides. Thanks for trusting us with your cake! :)

Kat's Cakes