Beautiful cakes done your way!

From the every day cake, to the most elegant of wedding cakes, you can find exactly what you are looking for! Everything is made in house with wholesome, high quality ingredients and lots of love. We work with every budget and theme. You’ll find everything your looking for and more at Kat's Cakes!

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free

Cake Serving Sets, Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

1331 Barataria Blvd, Marrero, LA (504) 309-4306

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Jennifer R

My wedding was on June 21, 2014 and I searched for the perfect bakery to create a special grooms cake for my soon to be husband. After speaking with Kat, who was such a pleasure to work with, I told her my vision and she was confident that she would be able to create exactly... Read More what I wad looking for. This cake had sentimental components so it had to be perfect! She went above and beyond my expectations and did a spectacular job on my grooms cake! I was beyond pleased and would recommend her to anyone!! Thanks Kat :)

2014-09-24T12:38:38 Response from the vendor

You are very welcome! I get so many people complimenting that cake! They all want that duck!! I was so glad to be a part of your day and knowing that it had a special meaning, made it that much more important that we made... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Layaly K

I absolutely adored my sweet + cake table not only was it simply breathtaking it was delicious Kat is amazing she was organized gave me everything I asked for I didn't have to stress over anything she set up on time and decorated everything !! My sweet table was the talk of the... Read More night everyone commented about it and loved it I'm excited to work with her again!! My dream wedding came true!!!

2015-10-29T21:51:25 Response from the vendor

I am so grateful that you trusted us to do your cake and sweets table! It turned out better than I imagined. Thanks! Kat

Amazing Owner and Gorgeous cake!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

Kat is by far the nicest, most helpful baker I have ever met! She is so very talented at what she does, I very affordable, and personable!!! She answered every single question, I spoke directly with her, and she answered me so fast! I did not see my cake before the wedding, and... Read More when I walked in afterwards, the first thought that came to mind was "Oh my, that is the most beautiful cake I've ever seen!" If I could attach a picture I would! Kat makes ALL of her cakes from scratch, does not freeze them, AND makes her own filling! I got so many compliments and questions on my cakes that it was insane! Everyone raved about how delicious and moist the cake was! Kat's Cakes, in my opinion, stands out above everyone else I spoke with prior to deciding on a baker! Customer service, talent, cost, and taste were absolutely superb!!! I highly recommend Kat's cakes! I simply cannot thank her enough for all of her hardwork and for truly caring about what I wanted and making it happen! She was always so very polite and accommodating! You will not regret picking this cake lady for your special day! I'm serious. Look no further!!!!!!!! Victoria

2014-09-28T14:54:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks Victoria!! I loved your cake so much and it was even better after the florist added all the flowers! It is now one of my new favorites! I did get so many compliments on the cake and had some even ask if we really... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Curtneka J

I just want to say Wow to everything. Kat was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I had no idea what type of cake I wanted but with her help she made the process smooth and easy. We decided on a four tier cake with a petal bottom tier, a plain tier, a gold tier and a... Read More monogrammed T on the top tier. The groom's cake was shaped as the football team the Philadelphia Eagles logo. The cakes were beautiful and tasted wonderful. You could also tell that they were fresh because they were soft. Which means a lot to me since my wedding was 2 days after Thanksgiving Day. Thanks again for everything.

2017-12-05T13:39:12 Response from the vendor

You are very welcome! I loved how well the cakes came out and we ALWAYS serve fresh baked cakes! Congrats again, and we look forward to making more cakes for you in the future!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Judy P

The cakes were absolutely Beautiful and delicious. Kat was notified less than 24 hours prior to Wedding , that wedding needed to be moved up 6.50 hours. She did what needed to be done and made the most incredible cakes "ever". I would recommend this Bakery to anyone who is... Read More planning their Wedding. Thanks

2017-10-11T12:09:30 Response from the vendor

Thank Judy! We were just glad that the weather didn't cause the wedding to cancel. We tell all of our brides that NO MATTER WHAT, we will deliver the cake when it is supposed to be delivered. And we mean every word of that! Please... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Jessica L

Kat did an AMAZING job on our cakes! She did the wedding cake exactly how I was imaging and the chocolate groom cake was perfect. She added one tier Gluten Free cake to accommodate my needs, and that was delicious as well. Both cakes were delicious and devoured! She delivered on... Read More time and communicates extremely quick: easy to work with. We highly recommend using Kat for your wedding!

2017-10-11T07:48:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am so glad the hurricane Nate didn't ruin everything!! What a day! lol! Congrats again!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Cindy B

One word, Awesome! I wouldn't go anywhere else for my cakes. I've had 3 cakes done by Kat's cakes and a 4th one on order. All I need to give her is a picture or an idea and she nails it every time! And her cakes are delicious!

2017-10-10T09:03:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words!! We love that we are your go-to bakery! Looking forward to many more.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Hallie S

I am so glad I found Kat to make my cake for my wedding at CGT Plantation on 9/23/17. I had been to a few other bakeries before I went to Kat’s and I knew she was the winner when I left. Kat is so sweet and actually cares about her customers. After meeting with kat I felt that... Read More she really cared about making my perfect wedding cake. She was very easy to deal with through out the process and coordinated with my venue and flower shop so that I did not have to worry about anything. Everyone LOVED the cake! I had so many people asking where my cake was from at the reception. I would definitely recommend Kat’s for your wedding cake !! Can’t wait to eat my cake on my anniversary!!

2017-10-09T13:09:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! Congrats and I am sure that one year from now the cake will just as yummy!! :)

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Shenita G

We had a wonderful experience our cake was so amazing our family and friends are still raving over how wonderful our cake was

2017-10-09T13:10:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing us! Congrats again!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Miriam B

AWESOME taste and decorations for our grooms cake!!! Kat took our order, understood what we wanted and DELIVERED BIG!!! We had a race car and race boat on the cake. If you know racers, they appreciate the details of nice looking cars and paint jobs and everyone of the racers... Read More (and others) at our wedding ABSOLUTELY loved the work on the replications and the flavor of the chocolate cake! We couldn't be happier. Reasonably priced. Too!

2017-10-09T13:10:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for trusting us with that cake. It was a lot of fun! Congrats again!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Alexis G

Kat and her team did a phenomenal job for my June wedding, the cake looked and tasted just like we had talked about. I really appreciated her realness in helping find the perfect cake for our wedding size and pocket books.

2017-10-02T23:04:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words, but mostly thank you for choosing us! :)

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Janis M

Kat did an exceptional job on our cakes for our wedding. She more than exceeded our expectations and our wedding cake and groom's cake looked beautiful! We had an opportunity to have almond, red velvet, and chocolate cake between our tiered wedding cake and groom's cake, and... Read More they were all so delicious. She is so easy to work with and is truly a talented artist. We are so happy that Kat made our wedding cake and groom's cake.

2017-10-02T23:05:12 Response from the vendor

You are very welcome! We are so happy that you chose us to be your baker and wish you a lifetime of happiness!!!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Sherri R

Kat did my daughter's wedding and groom's cake!!!! Was absolutely beautifully done and could not have taste more delicious. She is sooo professional and so sweet!!!!! Great experience!

2017-07-25T13:39:42 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words! We were thrilled to be her baker and are so happy with her cake! Congrats again to the happy couple!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Erika P

We were married on July 1, 2017 and had Kat do our wedding cake. It was absolutely amazing. The design was even better than I had imagined, and everyone was chomping at the bit to taste it. I would recommend Kat to anyone needing an excellent cake for any event or celebration.... Read More Kat herself is professional, easy going, and has a great sense of humor.

2017-07-25T13:40:45 Response from the vendor

Well, thank you my lady! We were thrilled to make a cake as unique as the bride and groom! Congrats again and maybe we will meet one day in Neverland! ;)

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Christina H

I planned our vow renewal from another state. I wasn't able to go by bakery and meet with her. Everything was done over the phone and internet. I sent her two pictures of cakes I wanted combined. She did exactly what I imagined and the cake was delicious! I couldn't have been... Read More happier!

2017-03-21T22:26:30 Response from the vendor

I am so happy that we were able to do exactly what you wanted. All of our brides are important to us and reviews like this make it all worth while! Congrats and thanks for trusting us on your special day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Dana W

They did my wedding shower cake and dessert bar and they were beautiful! Cannot wait for the wedding cake!

2016-10-23T20:19:24 Response from the vendor

Your cake is going to be awesome. Can't wait!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Sarah P

We got our wedding cake and grooms cake here and she did a great job. Her staff is really nice too. The price was better than every place we went. 5 stars!

2016-10-23T20:19:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kyle T

Kat and her staff made a BB8 grooms cake for my wedding and it was the bomb! Thank you

2016-10-23T20:16:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks. We love how he came out! Congrats again!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Katlyn B

Kats cakes made our wedding cake and sweets table and it was better than we could have imagined! Thanks for making our day more special with your attention to detail and going above and beyond.

2016-10-23T20:17:30 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016

Kat was just a pleasure to work with. She knew what she was talking about. We did a free tasting and by the time we were done I was ready to book my cakes with her. She was able to bring my ideas to life. And the cakes were amazing. They were beautiful and delicious. I highly... Read More recommend using Kat's Cakes for your wedding.

2016-10-23T20:20:39 Response from the vendor

Awe! thank you for becoming a new customer. We loved being you baker!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

I got married on Sept. 10, 2016! My husband and I went to a bunch of different cake testings, but Kat's cake was definitely the best! Kat was so personable and friendly, we loved working with her! She made me feel confident that my cake was going to be as beautiful as I had... Read More hoped, and it was. Her prices are great, and her staff is super friendly! We loved everything and we will definitely be back!

2016-10-12T16:13:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks! I am so glad you were happy with the cake and my girls! Congrats again.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

They did my grooms cake and it was better than the wedding cake... Please don't tell my wife I said that. lol! Thanks Kat and staff!

2016-10-12T16:13:24 Response from the vendor

We wont tell! Thanks again and congrats to you and the mrs!!! :)

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

Kat and her staff are super sweet and the cake was very affordable. She made it exactly the way we wanted and the price was great! Highly recommend

2016-10-12T15:32:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be a part if your day! Glad to make a new customer!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Ashley S

My husband and I went to Kat's Cakes after we was told a ridiculous price by our venue for a cake through whom they go through. Kat saved the day when she told us she can deliver to our venue! We always heard of her cakes through word of mouth and we couldn't be happier that we... Read More chose her for our big day! My husband and I didn't get any of the grooms cakes, because our guest was lined up waiting on it as the cake was being cut.Thank you Kat for making ourr big day special. The cakes were exactly how we wanted them! Also, we loved her welcomely and friendly personality!

2016-10-12T14:20:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your special day!! :)

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Brooke R

By far the yummiest cake we had ever had! I really loved our wedding cake and Kat was such a great pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend Kat's Cakes to everyone.

2016-06-14T16:34:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am so glad you chose us to be a part of your wedding! Congrats!!

Kat's Cakes