We don't just play music, we entertain.

Congrats on finally snagging "the one!" You've been dropping hints for AGES and nearly throat punched your nosy Aunt Rita who just CAN'T stop asking, "When are you getting married?" Ugh. The struggle is real. And now that there is a "ring on it" - so is your wedding day! The KC Mobile DJ & Photography team is made up of a diverse, fun and professional crew with decades of wedding and event experience. KC Mobile DJ & Photography started in 2006 by borrowing equipment from family. We stopped borrowing equipment quite a while ago and also offer 2 state of the art photo booths, we staff published photographers, an experience event planner and a handsome officiant. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and see why we have so many elated clients.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Bollywood, Latin, Polka, World Music

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

15 E Kansas Street, Liberty, MO Missouri and Kansas (816) 974-3005
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Kaitlin J

Derek is incredibly organized, but is also fun to work with! We talked when we initially decided to go with KC Mobile and he explained how the process worked with me. The website was easy to navigate and helped provide a framework for the flow of the night. The money process was... Read More smooth. Derek met with us the week before our wedding and talked through the schedule of the night, the style of our wedding, what we liked or didn't like, and he was still able to explain the thought process behind songs and the flow of the night. He was attentive to us the night of and helped make the night fun for us and the crowd! Derek had new games we had never seen during other weddings that everyone enjoyed. He kept the dance floor going and even participated in our end of the night sparkler sendoff! We would recommend him or his company to any other couple - very reasonably priced and they tailor their service to you! Very pleased with our work together.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Kathy J

Derek was outstanding. If there were 6 stars, he would get all of those! Works closely with bride and groom and truly loves his job! Very reasonably priced, engaging, innovative, and the best in the KC area. Our son is getting married and we hope he and his bride-to-be use... Read More Derek! You will be impressed!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Alisha C

Such fun and friendly people! So willing to work with you to make your day special and perfect!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Christina S

Derek was absolutely amazing! From the first meeting with him to the end of our reception he was a total blast to work with and I wouldn't change a thing! He is telling the truth when he says that he doesn't just play music, but that he entertains. Our reception was wonderful... Read More and I know that we have Derek to thank for that.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Deidre L

KC Mobile DJ was great to work with. We didn't have a ton of ideas to start with and they did a great job of helping us get everything in line. At the wedding, Travis was really good at mixing up the songs to keep everybody up and having fun all night. We also really enjoyed the... Read More game that he suggested to decide which table got to go get food first.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Kacie C

KC Mobile DJ did an amazing job at our ceremony and reception. From our beginning stages of planning Derek was extremely organized, helpful, and informative. Fernando was our Dj and he did an excellent job. We received tons of compliments from our guest on the music. He kept... Read More everyone dancing and having fun. Fernando, listened to all our guests needs/wants and he did his best to accommodate everyone. Derek and Fernando both played a huge part in making our day perfect. I highly recommend KC Mobile DJ.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Ally C

Cannot say enough amazing things about Derek Hoffman with KCMobileDJ. He is exactly what made our entire reception so amazing. We met a few days before my wedding and I did not have a day of timeline and helped me create one for the day beginning to end. He reduced my stress so... Read More much by helping me with that! He made my guests laugh, accepted all of their songs requests, and kept us grooving on the dance floor. I received numerous compliments on him from our guests. His uplights also transformed our union hall to an amazing wedding reception and I could not have been more impressed. Choose Derek and definitely play the scavenger hut game! That was a huge hit with our guests!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Levi R

Derek was very easy to work with and very professional when a major hiccup came up about a week before the wedding. But he was able to quickly make other arrangements and everything went smoothly! Derek created a timeline for the evening's events that was very helpful for all... Read More our other vendors as well as us! Our DJ was fantastic and we got lots of good comments from our guests. He was energetic and kept the night moving and really took a lot of stress off the bride! Their website was really helpful when picking songs and finding out what the top songs for the different wedding activities are and you can even preview the songs. I highly recommend KC Mobile DJ for any event!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Mallory J

KC Mobile DJ was amazing from the beginning until the end! I would recommend them to everyone in need for a wedding DJ. Derek was our DJ for our big day and was absolutely fabulous to work with!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Jenna R

Wonderful experience! Fernando did a great job at meeting all of my requests and did a fantastic job working with a genre he is not as familiar with. Well done!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Julie H

Our wedding was 10/13/17 at The Elms Resort and Spa, we hired Derek as our DJ from KC Mobile DJ. When I met Derek I was in poor shape, we had just lost our event space for reasons that we could not control and Derek stepped up and did more than provide us with his DJ Services... Read More but also his wedding expertise! He had knowledge of most all event spaces, where to go and where not to go, he even helped me look at event spaces when I didn’t have the time (no Joke!). He helped make contact with other spaces and even helped me with getting a videographer (Lucas Cohen/Gassmann Media). Derek is a pro and you can tell he really has a passion for his trade, he does it because he Loves His Brides! He has so much fun and you can see it when he works! Always smiling, dressed nicely, and checks with the couple often to make sure things are just the way you want it. He not only did the ceremony and added/mixed all the songs we wanted but kept the party going into the evening. It was great to be able to text in song requests. He was not Loud or Annoying( I was fearful of this) he kept the music just right with the feel of the crowd. With Derek, I knew that with all his experience that I could relieve any fears or worries for my special day! I would highly recommend him anytime!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Sarah M

We had an absolutely amazing reception and ceremony thanks to KC Mobile DJ! Derek was prompt, full of information and very helpful during the planning process. He swooped in to help us when we were in a pinch and boy did he come through! We signed up for ceremony music which was... Read More an excellent decision. We didn't have to worry about a mic for our officiant or the music for the ceremony. KC Mobile DJ took care of everything. Fernando was our DJ and he did an amazing job at keeping the dance floor moving and the energy up. Everyone had an amazing time! We cannot thank you enough!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Elizabeth N

KC Mobile DJ was an awesome choice for us for our wedding reception DJ. Derek (owner) and Travis (our DJ) were always very easy to get ahold of. They were able to accommodate us on some very special requests and made sure the night flowed smoothly and the dance floor was packed... Read More all night long! KC Mobile DJ is an awesome service and we will always recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Kayla T

loved working with KC Mobile DJ - Derek and Fernando were great! created a very personal and unforgettable experience!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Sarah K

Excellent! Flexible and available to answer questions. We did not use a wedding planner, so doing all of the work ourselves was chaotic but we felt at ease with our DJ who did a great job!

2017-10-02T20:10:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Sarah! Nick had such a great time with you and your guests. Thanks again for having us :-)

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Alisha C

The DJ, Derek, was funny and very helpful. He helped me set up what order certain things should happen (cake cutting, ex) in order to keep the guests interested, since I had no idea what to do. He also had our guests laughing and he would try to find a way to say something witty... Read More to keep the guests attention! Derek helped make an unforgettable experience for me and everyone that was there.

2017-09-29T12:00:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Alisha! I had such a great time with you, Blake and your guests! We really enjoy intimate weddings such as yours and even had a great time with the other wedding pros you hired! Congrats again to you and Blake!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Ashley J

I highly recommend KC Mobile DJ! Derek with KC Mobile DJ rocked my wedding! He got the guests involved & ready to celebrate! He kept the fun going all night. My husband and I received many compliments about him! Derek was so friendly and professional. He was easy to work with.... Read More He is there to offer recommendations while you're planning & his advice for the time of events to keep the celebration going strong! I also used KC Mobile DJ for our photo booth which was awesome! You can give him any thought you have for your photo strips and he will do whatever he can to make it come alive. Lots of props to use and plenty of fun!

2017-10-02T20:11:41 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Ashley! Congrats again to you and Dylan! One of the most fun scavenger hunt games we've ever done!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Haley G

Nick was absolutely incredible, he played all the music we loved! All we had to tell him was what style and stations we liked and he was spot on all night. He was incredibly helpful and kind. I was on the dance floor all night long with all the amazing songs he was playing to... Read More keep the crowd on the dance floor!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Denise G

The process from start to finish was super easy and they have an awesome online portal to enter your songs.....Fernando from KC Mobile DJ & Photography was FANTASTIC!! He was an awesome DJ who played all of our requests and kept the party going!! He even jumped into the pool... Read More with us at the end!! So fun!!! Thanks so much for helping to make our wedding so memorable!!!!

2017-10-02T20:13:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Denise! We all cracked up when Fernando came back to the warehouse dripping wet. Seems like he had just as much fun as your guests! Congrats again to you and Bill and wishing you the best!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Aimee Y

These guys deserve nothing less than 5 stars! We took advantage of their DJ service and it did not disappoint. The entire process was seamless from our first meeting, to wedding day. You can easily create your playlists (pre-ceremony, ceremony and reception) on their website,... Read More which was great. They even have a suggested playlists for specific activities (i.e. first dance, intro, cake cutting, etc.)- definitely a helpful time saver. We personally worked with Nick and he awesome- relatable, personable, upbeat, fun to work with and professional. He went out of his way to make sure they had every song we wanted (even if it wasn't a part of their playlist selection). And he handled day-of schedule changes flawlessly, which made the night easy and enjoyable for us and the staff in charge. To anyone reading this review, I highly recommend KC Mobile DJ with full confidence they will do a spectacular job!

2017-10-02T20:16:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Aimee! Nick had an awesome time with you, Michael, your wedding party and your guests. It definitely makes our job easier when we have AMAZING clients like you :-)

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Rachael R

Very happy with everything. Everyone had a great time!

2017-10-02T20:18:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Rachael! Congrats again to you and Ruben. You were absolutely #stunning! Dress, hair and makeup were all *on-point*. PS: I still feel guilty about eating that beautiful cake. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Ashlyn A

Derek was our wedding DJ 8-5-17 and it was so fun! He does a great job of keeping a dead dance floor poppin' & is funny! He listened to all of my requests and everybody had a great time.

2017-08-22T15:41:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Ashlyn! I had such a great time with you and Riley on your big day and working with the phenomenal professionals you selected. We're so excited to see your pictures when Anthony is done with them. Hope you had an amazing... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Paige K

Our KC Mobile DJ, Derek, was amazing! He was extremely helpful when I needed suggestions for songs to be played during our reception. The reception flowed perfectly thanks to him and we could not have asked for a better DJ for our special day!

2017-07-29T10:37:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Paige! We had a great time working with you, Joe, your wonderful guests and family. Truly, a good group of people you have around you two. Congrats again on your #OhHappyDahman! :-)

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Genevieve B

How wonderful and professional Derek and his team are ! thank you so much for those beautiful memories, we can tell you love every minute of your job starting from first meeting, review day and wedding day. All my guests appreciated you a lot, I will recommend you to everyone !... Read More Gen.

2017-07-20T12:41:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Genevieve! You and Mike were so amazing to work with and we had a blast teaching the kids how to mix a bit. Félicitations!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Thy N

Our DJ was by far the best vendor we dealt with during the wedding. He had so many good ideas for not only the music but for many of the other aspects of our wedding. If I were to ever get married again, God forbid, I would book again.

2017-07-20T12:38:10 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much Thy! This is definitely one of our favorite reviews. Congrats again to you and Lucinda!

Derek Hoffman

I come from a musically inclined family. Although. I'm the black sheep. The best I can do is push buttons. Growing up, our friends, knew our house is where the sound was, so naturally, when they started getting married, they me asked to DJ their wedding. The first one was a travesty... but I learned from it. And oddly enough, we had 2 referrals from that wedding. The next year we had 5 weddings, then 10... Now we're celebrating with 70+ couples per year. We love the joy in celebrating weddings and build unique relationships with our clients before, during and after their big day.