Keeping Composure Photography

Breck, Keystone, Frisco, Vail, Copper Mountain, Colorado

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Breck, Keystone, Frisco, Vail, Copper Mountain, Colorado (314) 369-0165

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Cassie Z

Emily is AMAZING! I would recommend her to every and anyone! She was so helpful with all the planning and perfectly created what I envisioned for bouquet colors and location. We went up to Breck for an intimate elopement, and Emily set it all up perfectly. I had never been to... Read More the area where we had our ceremony, but it was just gorgeous, lots of foliage (9/29/17 wedding!) which is exactly what I wanted. The pictures she took were so gorgeous. She had some surprise shots with our 5 year old and 4 month old which were so authentic and beautiful. Love her, and we will be using her anytime we are up in the mountains for family portraits, anniversary pictures, etc!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Rachel T

Emily is the absolute best! We had such a blast taking engagement photos with her! Her location choice was excellent, her attitude even better, but most importantly, she has a great eye for the "perfect shot." We had some scheduling conflicts on our end but she was very flexible... Read More in meeting our needs and is always quick to respond to email. Would highly recommend for al your photography needs!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Abby P

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Emily with Keeping Composure Photography was OUTSTANDING! Living in Illinois and having a destination wedding in Colorado was tough to plan, but Emily made this completely stress free and she was very organized!... Read More Her excellent talent for photography is easily shown while she is navigating you through your session with different poses and locations for lighting. Emily's communication with you during and before your session allows your photo session to be fun and easy! There is no better choice for a photographer for any occasion than Keeping Composure Photography! I will definitely be contacting her again in the future for another session while visiting Colorado!

2017-09-20T14:00:26 Response from the vendor

I had such a blast photographing and working with you two, what a pleasure! Thank you for your sweet feedback; I'm so glad to hear you're thrilled, and can't wait to see you again for another session!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Allyn C

Emily did an amazing job on our elopement. She knew which areas to explore for great pictures. The return on the edited pictures was really quick also. We plan on having family pictures made by her in the future!

2017-08-01T22:55:16 Response from the vendor

I can't wait to meet your little one and do some new family portraits together! Cheers!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Melissa B

Emily did such an amazing job! She was fun with the wedding party, patient with all the blocked roads from triathlon and loved her sense of adventure in the Jeep! Thank you Emily so so much!!!!

2017-07-17T10:33:24 Response from the vendor

You two were a joy to work with, and going the extra mile (down dirt roads...!) definitely makes a difference! Thanks again for your adventure side. Cheers!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Mady D

Emily has been nothing short of amazing during the whole process of the planning part. I reached out to her and she responded right away with options and plans. She knows the area very well and will listen to exactly what you want. She worked with our budget and payment. I could... Read More not have asked for anyone else better. The day of she was always on top of it. The photos truly captured the day of the wedding and I would recommend her to anyone! Thank you again Emily!!

2017-05-04T13:56:47 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness - I had such an amazing time with you two and think we really lucked out as far as weather goes in Summit, also! The details were beautiful, and the people were even better ;-). Congratulations again on a beautiful wedding day,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Sydney T

Keeping Composure Photography is the perfect solution to wedding photos! Emily is amazing at planning AND taking great-looking photos. We happened upon her in an overwhelming task of planning an elopement and contacted her that night via email, she called us back immediately!... Read More The rest was history, we fell in love with Emily's helpfulness and positivity. The day of the wedding, she was helpful and managed to get amazing photos of two awkward people. Thank you, Emily!

2017-05-04T13:55:43 Response from the vendor

It was SO much fun to be included in your amazing adventure in the mountains and your willingness to act a little silly (and a LOT in love) for the photos. I'm so happy for you two and wish you all the best. Cheers!

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Sara T

Emily took our engagement photos on Lake Dillon this February while we were there on a ski trip! She did such an amazing job! My Fiance and I are not photogenic people, and we also are not the best at trying to "pose" ourselves in front of a camera! Emily took care of all of... Read More that! She put us in some of the most flattering spots and made us feel so extremely comfortable we ended up having a lot of fun with it! Emily has such an amazing talent! We will be using her at our Wedding in June as well! Thanks for everything Emily!

2017-04-08T15:44:27 Response from the vendor

I had so much fun photographing with you two down by the lake (and on it!). I'm getting excited for your wedding in June and can't wait to explore more and create more beautiful images with you two!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Eryn R

Emily is sweet, professional, flexible, and takes absolutely breath-taking photos! She was completely understanding of our budget and took the most beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Katie B

We booked Emily as part of a package for our elopement photos, and while we were hopeful about the images, "pleasantly surprised" doesn't even begin to describe our feelings-- We were THRILLED once we saw the photos! Emily hiked through several feet of snow with us on a blustery... Read More single-digit day, and somehow she made our chattering teeth look like beautifully happy smiles. While I felt like I rushed through the photos because it was so cold, she caught some really amazing shots that I would never have imagined... She is a genius! (FYI - I am the bride, posting this apparently from my husband's Knot account).

2017-01-24T15:15:38 Response from the vendor

Hi Joe + Katie - thank you so much for your kind words. It was definitely a winter wonderland that day! Cheers to the next amazing adventures!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Megan K

I can't begin to thank Emily enough for the absolutely beautiful photos of both our engagement and our wedding! She is an amazing photographer who is so easy to work with. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 12/18/2015 Chelsea S

Emily is an amazing photographer, and we are so glad that we chose Keeping Composure as our wedding photography vendor. Emily worked with us in the months prior to the wedding to select the package that was the best option for us and so that everything was prepared for the day.... Read More We were impressed that Keeping Composure offered both printed albums as well as all digital files and printing rights. To us, that showed Emily listened to her clients and their needs and is also tuned into the wedding industry to what couples want (whether they know it and express it, or not) when it comes to photography. As a result, we did not have to worry about anything photography-related on the day of our wedding and we knew that Emily would take care of everything and get the shots we had discussed. We are not the most comfortable people in front of the camera, but Emily made us feel completely at ease. Upon receiving our Keeping Composure photos, we were completely blown away. They were truly gorgeous and Emily captured all of the happiness that we felt on that day. There were so many photos that we didn't even know she taken but were so pleased to have. Going through the photos puts smiles on our faces every time. Keeping Composure also offers many print options, from albums to prints to keepsakes. We can't wait to share prints with our family for the holidays. Thank you, Emily!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Wendy M

I had the pleasure of working with Emily and Keeping Composure Photography on a client's wedding in August. As a wedding planner, I have the pleasure of working with many great vendors, and Emily is a shining star! She is accommodating to both the couple and the vendors.... Read More The photos that Emily produced were beyond stunning, a quick view of her gallery will confirm this. It was a pleasure to work with Emily, and I hope I have the chance again. Thanks Emily!!!

Captures the Magic

Reviewed on 6/05/2014

Priceless. We were lucky enough to have Emily take our engagement photos. She is the queen of capturing soft, natural lighting, lovely compositions, and spontaneous, fun moments. 5 Years later, they are still some of our favorite and most featured photos in our home.... Read More Working with Emily is a joy. You should not wish to find a more beautiful spirit with which to go out on a photographic adventure. You will feel at ease and her pictures will naturally capture the celebration you have in your hearts. One of her greatest strengths is capturing those little, often missed moments, such as a child curiously playing with a flower, that special look from grandma, or the way you wring your hands out of anxious excitement. She is looking for the passion and magic of the moment, which is why Emily is such a talented photographer. Anyone can take a photo. It takes an exceptional eye to capture the intangible essence of what makes your relationship unique. Emily has a passion for finding that uniqueness and preserving it for you to remember always.

Beautiful Work!

Reviewed on 4/15/2014

My husband and I first worked with Emily when we needed engagement photos done...before she made the transition to professional photographer. We were beyond impressed with the quality of photos that she was able to produce. She made us feel comfortable, and she had an eye for... Read More finding the right locations and poses to get the best photos. Since then, she has followed us through many more stages in our lives, photographing our wedding, boudoir photos, maternity photos and, most recently, newborn photos. We have developed a wonderful relationship with Emily, and we will most definitely continue to go to her for future photo needs.

Gorgeous memories on film

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Sonya K

Emily was a friendly and thorough photographer, making good use of our/her time and taking many wonderful photos of our wedding day! We were married in Grand Lake in the fall, and she was able to capture a plethora of beautiful scenery throughout our photos. She contacted us... Read More before the wedding to get a good idea of what kind of photos we were really looking for. She did a great job with candid photos during the reception, and got many great dancing shots, as well as sentimental photos while the bridal party was getting ready. We were quite happy with the end results, and have gotten many compliments from our friends and family on the wedding photography. Thank you Emily for the beautiful memories of our wedding day!

2014-01-18T12:54:31 Response from the vendor

I appreciate all of your feedback and am SO happy you enjoy the images. It was a cold day, and you were all such troopers for hanging in there! Thanks for having me be such a big part in your special day. I just featured... Read Less Read More

Beyond Happy :)

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Melissa W

We loved having Emily as our photographer at our wedding! I saw her portfolio pictures and knew that she would be perfect for our rustic/country/casual wedding. My fiance and I weren't exactly comfortable in front of the camera but she somehow made it easy for us to just be... Read More us. She was so laid back but professional at the same time and we had a blast taking our wedding pictures! We spoke many times before the big day about what pictures I wanted and she even went so far as to ask for my family members names so she could call them by name the day of the wedding! Honestly though, she made me feel so comfortable with her experience and knowledge that I didn't really make much of a list of desired pictures. I knew that she was capable and I had full trust in her abilities to produce beautiful pictures..and boy was I right! We loved all of our photos! She did such an amazing job of capturing our special moments that we can relive every time we look at our pictures. I would suggest her to anybody looking for a down to earth photographer that takes stunning photos. She was a pleasure to work with and we were honored to have her be apart of the most important day in our lives. Thanks Emily!

2014-01-07T09:34:34 Response from the vendor

Hello! Thank you SO much for all of your kind words. That is why I am in this business: to share a beautiful experience with others and make it as easy as possible. I appreciate all the feedback! Be safe, Be healthy, Be happy, -Emily

Great Work!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Kara L

This photographer was so great to work with on our wedding day. She is very easy going, professional, and captures amazing images!!!