Hawaii fine art wedding photography and films

Our style is an artistic photojournalistic way of shooting. While creating unique, beautiful and dramatic pieces of art through photographs and video, your day will unfold before us like a story, as we discreetly capture the most candid moments - a hearty laughter, a tearful yet happy eye - and the moments you may have missed yourself.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Day After Session, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Kailua-Kona, HI All Islands (808) 895-3590
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Katie R

We hired Sheri Lynn to shoot both our photos and film for our 1/6/17 Kahua Ranch wedding about seven months out. From the initial moment of contact Sheri Lynn was invested, she made me feel like I had just hired and old friend, so nice and personable. Then on our big day both... Read More her and her husband Phil were on site ready to go well in advance. They were so in sync with shooting and getting all the money shots you dream of having from your big day, it was incredible. I’ll be honest I was more focused on my wedding than what she was doing most of the day so when I got the photos of the ceremony I felt like I got to see it from a whole new perspective, it was awesome. Sheri Lynn provided ample input and guidance for different shot ideas making everyone feel extremely comfortable and confident. She was also sure to document the little details of the ceremony and reception that I would have never thought to ask her to shoot. She’s got skills. Something that was extremely important to me to have pictures and video footage that captured the emotion of the day and the Kelilina team did just that!! I’ve been watching my highlight reel on what seems to be repeat in awe of how well everything was captured and tied together. I felt as though she paid attention to our personalities and used that during the editing process to make a film and that captured us. In addition to her amazing on site skills, the editing time was extremely efficient and on par with was is stated on her website. Sheri Lynn makes you feel as through your wedding is the most important item on her plate and she truly puts her heart into each aspect of the process. I have already received so much amazing feedback on her work. My recommendation for prospective clients is that if you’re on the fence, don’t be, you will not be disappointed when you choose to go with Kelilina Photography + Films. I feel so fortunate to have joined the Kelilina Photography + Films family.

2017-02-01T00:51:40 Response from the vendor

K+K, this is exactly why we LOVE what we do! We get a 'backstage pass' to your wedding, and get to spend more time with you than anyone else, actually! That being on the most important and intimate day of your lives together (thus far;)... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Tess C

Where do I start?! I booked my wedding through Royal Kona Resort. Along with photography, I wanted my ceremony filmed. Ashley, from the Royal Kona provided us with a list of photographers and videographers. Kelilina was my number 1 choice and boy did she not disappoint. I... Read More received my highlight reel and vow clip less than 24 hours ago and I am pretty sure I have watched both of them over a thousand times. Haha! Our family & friends said the clips brought tears to their eyes they were so beautiful. A couple of my friends even said they are rethinking the whole not getting married in Hawaii thing :-) Sheri knew what she was doing. She is a natural. Her laid back yet enthusiastic personality made me comfortable to be myself and just let her do what she does without interfering. There was a moment in my clip where she filmed me pretending to hula. I was joking around with my husband when I thought no one was filming/taking pictures. She was able to capture a moment where I was my bubbly self and not just smiling for the camera. I loved seeing that in the highlight reel! I truly cannot be happier with what Sheri has presented to us. The entire experience, start to finish, was absolutely perfect. Thank you Sheri for capturing our unforgettable day. The film is more than we ever could have hoped for.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Haley O

What can I say sheri is amazing. We decided on a destination wedding in Kailua Kona at a local resort. By purchasing a wedding package we weren't sure of what photographer we would have considering we live in Australia. Everything was sorted for us which was perfect just the way... Read More we wanted it. The wedding day came and we hit jackpot we couldn't ask for anyone better...sheri was amazing capturing every beautiful moment of the day. Her strong work ethic shows through the images she creates. Sheri was very kind, patient and easy going. A fabulous photographer to work with. The photos turned out absolutely amazing, With many friends from home in disbelief at how beautiful she captured the day and the gorgeous Kona scenery. We now have the most amazing photos to look back on our day. I would not hesitate in recommending kelilina photography to anyone looking for a photographer.

2016-09-18T21:59:19 Response from the vendor

H+C, Thank you for the kind words! It was wonderful getting to know you both, as well as your little guy, and that made it special to be a part of your day. I'm so glad you love the photos and wish you all the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Margaret F

She was amazing !! Could not have had a better photographer. Our photos were amazing and she really captured our special day!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Michelle H

My husband and I had our wedding at the Royal Kona Resort and had Sheri Lynn for our photographer. We weren't sure how everything was going to turn out since we didn't really choose Kelilina Photography as they were the only company available for our Sunday night ceremony. We... Read More ended up having a blast with Sheri Lynn, she was so lively and made taking photos so fun! She made it easy to take photos with our whole family and she did an amazing job of taking us around to different places for the best photos. She took breathtaking photographs of our entrance and first dance and amazing sunset pictures. My only regret is not hiring her for more time!! Around 3 in the morning the next day, she had already gotten a sneak peak of edited photos back to us! Kelilina Photography is the best in Hawaii and I recommend their work to everyone! I can't stop looking at my amazing pictures!! Thanks Sheri Lynn!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Aisling P

We recently eloped to Kauai. We had no idea what to expect but as soon as we met Sheri and Phil we knew we were in good hands. They both were so professional but also so fun and insanely nice. It was THE BEST experience we could have imagined. Coming home and showing everyone... Read More the pictures blew everyone away. We've gotten so many compliments and tears (of joy) from how beautiful the photos were from our Hawaiian elopement. We can't stop looking at all the photos and we're both so happy we went with Kelilina Photography!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Brittni P

Sheri was awesome she did a wonderful job capturing our wedding day for us and went above and beyond to get the perfect sunset photos that we have always thought about. Thank you again for making it perfect. Definitely recommend her for wedding fun, she was laid back and made... Read More the picture part less stressful!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Haley H

Sheri Lynn was amazing. She captured our day perfectly and kept us at ease. Her professionalism, knowledge and skill shined through in our photos. We received them in no time flat and we love showing our friends and family them.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Victoria P

We got married at the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows on 7/22/17 and chose Kelilina from 3 photography options our wedding coordinator gave us. Sheri was so sweet, worked with the family really well, and had creative ideas for some shots of both my husband and I and for the... Read More entire family. I really enjoyed having her as our photographer because it was super easy and no stress. The photos turned out great, with an assortment of views and scenes at the wedding. Sheri captured the special moments at our wedding and I'm very glad we chose Kelilina Photography. I would recommend this photographer to everyone!

2017-08-24T13:03:04 Response from the vendor

V+R, Thanks for having me be a part of your ceremony! You all were so pleasant to work with, and I"m happy to have captured the day for you. Congrats again! -S

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Cathleen F

We recently got married on The Big Island as a destination wedding at The Sheraton Kona. From the first conversation I had with Sheri Lynn, I knew I picked the right photographer. She is highly experienced and put me at ease as she knew the area and where to go for good shots.... Read More We were planning from a different time zone, but Sheri Lynn was always super prompt with responses. She was professional, kind and approachable. We were so thrilled with the photos - she is a true talent! I would highly recommend to use Phil for videography. We've only seen the highlights reel and it perfectly captures us and our day. I checked out other videos and they are all unique to the couple. From start to finish, we would hands down recommend Kelilina Photography and Films to anyone on The Big Island!

2017-07-26T13:31:43 Response from the vendor

C+A, you guys were rockstars, pushing through the rain! It made an incredible night and we were so happy to be there to capture it all. Best wishes for many more happy years to come! -S+P

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Molly H

We hired Kelilina Photography for our wedding in August 2016. We weren’t sure what to expect of this company since our information was solely based on internet research. However, it’s easy for us to say that this company was the best choice for our wedding! We had our ceremony... Read More at St. Peter’s by the Sea and a small reception at a private house with our family to share the experience. Sheri was great with our rather large immediate family during the ceremony and reception! She was accommodating, timely, professional, and creative. I’m so glad she was able to capture so many different poses and views on our day. Her personality and professional skills are what truly made the experience incredible. Sheri was amazing to work with and very knowledgeable of locations that provided the paradise view that we wanted. It was a perfect day and Sheri was able to capture the true beauty and nature of Hawaii! We are lucky to have these pictures as a memento of the day we started our family.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 David

We hired Kelilina Photography + Films for our destination wedding in June 2016. It was an absolutely wonderful experience working with Sheri and Phil. Leading up to our wedding day, communication with Sheri was great. She was always quick to answer any of our questions and... Read More walked us through how the day will go. The day before our wedding we were able to connect with her and do a day of walk-through to find some great spots for pictures. We appreciated this nice touch because it allowed us to bond with Sheri before the big and scope out possible photography locations. We received our photos and films exactly when they said we would (within two weeks!). Sheri and Phil were very professional throughout our wedding day, but also made us feel like we had two good friends capturing our day. She was able to capture so much more than the smiles and portraits and instead our photos reflect the true beauty and emotion of the day. We could not be more pleased or feel more blessed to have had Sheri and Phil apart of our day. We cannot thank you enough Sheri and Phil!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jessica G

Sheri was the best! She was early and started taken photos right away. She knew what she was doing and got amazing shots. She was able to tell me where to go and how to stand and got every memorable shot. I was nervous the whole morning before my wedding but the photography was... Read More something I didn't have to worry about. Sheri was great and now I have photos to remember my special day. Thanks Sheri!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Tara N

Sheri was incredible to work with! She beautifully captured the highlights of our day and preserved our memories so we can relive them over and over again. So creative with the video and shots that captured the emotion from our ceremony and through our first dance. We teared... Read More up all over again watching the highlight reel and video, it made us feel like we were right there all over again. If I did anything differently - we would have made sure we book the extended hours you might not think you need during the actual reception. (Tip to future brides - don't think twice, splurge because you will not regret it!) She captured so much more than just what was happening, you can feel the emotions, the beauty of the day and island and almost feel the Hawaiian air surround you as you watch it! These are so precious to us - we will cherish them forever! ♥

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Christine K

We hired Sheri Lynn for our wedding in July 2016 and she was absolutely amazing! She went above and beyond with everything. On the day of the wedding, she arrived early and stayed later than needed. She even asked if she could come out the day before (during the rehearsal)... Read More just to check out the wedding venue so she could be prepared to get some great shots for the wedding day! During the wedding, Sheri Lynn continued to exceed our expectations by sprinting to the balcony to get a beautiful overhead shot during our ceremony (I still don't know how she did that). And while we were dancing the night away during our reception, a random flash would appear from afar surrounded by a pitch black background. I'm amazed she didn't sprain an ankle getting some of our shots. Just amazing! Once the photos arrived, many people thought we had flown our own photographer all the way from New York to Hawaii (not true, Sheri is just a very talented photographer that we were so happy to have found through our wedding coordinator's recommendations). Others said there was no way we had just one photographer because there were so many photos from all angles (I have no idea how she managed to get all the shots she got). And the best comments of all were.... "Those are the most beautiful wedding photos that I've ever seen" "Those picture look so great, they can't be real"

2016-10-18T15:38:48 Response from the vendor

C+J, The excitement you have for your wedding photos is exactly why I love my job! It was wonderful to spend such a special occasion with you, and get to know you, and create beautiful and unique photographs of those memories for you. Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Delmy F

Christopher and I always wanted a private ceremony where we could open up our hearts and don't be nervous about anything. It was just the two of us in kona Hawaii just like we always wanted, we both dislike cameras, but we did wanted share our beautiful day with our families in... Read More Boston and Rhode Island. Sheri made us feel comfortable, she was professional and calm. She capture our happiness without forcing it, giving us our space, letting us be. When we got home we had a Hawaiian luau and showed our guest the video. It was so beautiful it definitely made a few cried including us. Thanks you for capturing our beautiful day, we will never forget you! C+D FLAGG

2016-09-28T08:33:38 Response from the vendor

C+D, I'm so happy I was able to witness to your intimate nuptials...it was such a beautiful day and I'm glad I got the opportunity to capture it just the way you wanted. Congrats again, and best wishes for many happy years to come! -S

Reviewed on 9/06/2016

We chose Sheri Prisby from the others on the Kona Resort Hotels list of photographers because she seemed to be the most qualified and took the most unique pictures--for our vow renewal on our 30th wedding anniversary (May 2016). That said we were not disappointed!! She did a... Read More phenomenal job on our pictures and we will have them to look back on from now on--a beautiful memory all due to her skills as a photographer!! She was sweet and kind and got every photo we suggested and even more that she had the ideas for--simply beautiful pictures were the result!!! We would truly recommend her to anyone wanting beautiful and unique photo memories to last a lifetime!!

2016-09-06T13:32:53 Response from the vendor

S+S, Thank you for the kind words! Your day was so beautiful and your vow renewal was so sweet, you guys had me laughing and crying during the ceremony. Plus, you were troopers with the rain that we got - thanks for embracing that and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Brandy W

We absolutely loved the photos and video Sheri did for us. The shortened video was perfect to show family and friends and the longer video and photos captured our day perfectly forever. She is the best at recording those important, special moments.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Elaine C

Sheri is awesome. Not only is she professional and takes amazing photos, she is also gets prints back to you very quickly. On the day of the wedding, she even acted as a mini-coordinator on our behalf, really going above and beyond her duty. Highly recommend Kelilina Photography... Read More for your photography needs.

2016-09-01T02:55:10 Response from the vendor

E+C, Thank you so much for the kind words and wonderful review! It was an honor to be a part of your day, so I was glad to help make it run smoothly. So glad you love the photos too! -S

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

Sheri was so easy and fun to work with! Planning a destination wedding can be difficult, but Sheri was quick to respond to emails and always asked if there was anything she could do! Even when my wedding had to be postponed 2 days due to a tropical storm, Sheri was able to... Read More reschedule last minute. My husband and I can be a little awkward in front of the camera, but Sheri knew what she was doing and would tell us what to do and how to pose which made it so nice! I can tell that she takes pride in her work and is very passionate about photography. Plus the pictures that I received in only 1 week are GORGEOUS! She captured the beauty of our special day perfectly!

2016-08-03T02:45:10 Response from the vendor

J+R, Thank you both for such a great day! I'm so glad you're happy with the photos...you're right, they are beautiful:) But how could they not be...beautiful couple, beautiful setting! Congrats again!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Erin U

Sheri was so awesome she did a wonderful job capturing our wedding day for us and went above and beyond to get the perfect sunset photos that I was dreaming about. Thank you again for making it perfect.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Susan H

Sheri was amazing! The photos are gorgeous and she was amazing to work with. The day was really hot and I'm easily stressed but Sheri made it a lot of fun. We were on some rough rocks by the beach, and Sheri was super sweet about helping me along with my big dress. Photos are... Read More amazing! I thought I looked funny with the makeup that day but Sheri was able to catch me in the best light and from the best angles. Very dedicated and would highly recommend.

2016-07-30T03:17:00 Response from the vendor

Aloha S+B, While you did have THE HOTTEST day ever, I'd be there again for you in a heartbeat. You both were very sweet throughout it all, which made it a fun day for me as well. I'm so glad you are happy with the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/10/2016

My fiancé and I married on the Big Island Hawaii January 2016. Sheri was our videographer. She met my expectations and beyond. We gave her creative freedom. She directed us very well and captured everything that made us uniquely us. Her video was seemless and high quality. My... Read More family and friends are so impressed with her work. I'm so happy I found her. I would recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

The video she did for our son's wedding was totally amazing!! I would wholeheartedly recommend Kelilina Photography!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Ann J

We really enjoyed working with Sheri for our family portrait on the Big Island! From first contact she was very prompt to respond and always professional in her correspondences. When it was close to our session date there was a possibility of rainy weather impacting it. She... Read More was completely willing to accommodate our needs and work with our schedule. The day of the shoot she made us feel very comfortable and relaxed because she is so easy-going. I would highly recommend her and would definitely work with her again!

Sheri + Phil Prisby

We are a husband + wife team, of whom you'll probably become friends with by the end of your day. And though we may have just met, you can count on a certain one of us to tear up during your father's toast /it's happened more than once/! On your journey in planning the perfect day, the most important part is that you are comfortable enough with those involved that you'll be able to relax + enjoy your day. We strive to be just that. -Sheri + Phil