Kelley Stinson Photography

Hampton Roads and Beyond

Classic, Documentary

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Virginia Beach, VA Hampton Roads and Beyond (757) 632-0943

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Hannah H

Kelley Stinson is an incredible artist! My wife and I hired her to shoot our engagement photos and as well as our wedding. She was very sensitive to our needs and even reworded a questionnaire to fit two brides for us! We never felt fake or forced with her directions. She... Read More automatically made us feel at ease. Her photography is so beautiful. She really knows how to use the light and find the best angle for any situation. We couldn’t be happier with our photos. We absolutely adore Kelley! Hire her! You won’t regret it.

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Katy F

Kelley Stinson was one of the best things we booked at our wedding! When we first met Kelley we immediately knew she was the right person for the wedding. She is very laid back and was totally on board for whatever we wanted to do. But she also knew how to guide us in the right... Read More direction, like switching our ceremony from 5:30pm to 4:30pm-- and that little change gave us the most beautiful lighting of all time for our wedding photos. I also had some specific shots I wanted, and she took notes about those and made sure they happened on the day of! Then we had our engagement session. I was nervous because my now-husband was NOT thrilled about the idea of posing for photos. But Kelley was extremely relaxed and just chatted with us as we walked around and stopped at different places. It gave us a great chance to get to know Kelley before the big day, and now we have beautiful family photos with our dogs! On my wedding day she came to my house while I was getting ready. As always, it was a bit chaotic at the house but Kelley was so calming to have around, and she even cleaned my shoes AND my engagement ring for me just so they would look good in photos. The detail shots she took that morning are gorgeous… I didn’t think I cared about detail shots, but they are some of my favorite photos now. Kelley had a second shooter, Elizabeth, go to the house where the groomsmen were getting ready. My husband, who was so anti-posing for photos, loved Elizabeth. He said she was “cool” and made all the guys feel at ease, and we actually got some great portraits of the groom because she made him so relaxed. Then we come to the wedding. Both Kelley and Elizabeth were there, and took photos of the wedding from start to finish. We did not want to do a first look, so after our ceremony they took us aside to do portraits. Again, Kelley made us so relaxed… it was the easiest thing I’ve ever done, and that shows in the photos. And Kelley knows how to MOVE…. we were back at cocktail hour with 30 minutes to spare. Then we moved on to the cocktail hour/reception part of the evening, and the one thing I’ll say is that I did not notice Kelley and Elizabeth at all, yet we had literally hundreds of photos of the party! They are very discreet and polite, but still know how to get a great shot. Several guests even mentioned our photographers were the nicest people. The most important thing is our wedding photos. Every single one is a keeper. Kelley’s photos made my wedding look better in pictures than it did in real life. All I wanted was one photo of me and my husband that I would always love and pass down through the family… and now I have 50. Kelley truly captured my vision. She brought together the event details, the party, and the memories in a perfect set of 400 photos. Kelley’s photography made our wedding look like a magazine, but at the same time, she made it look so personal. I’m having trouble describing how much I love my photos, so I’ll only say that Kelley knows how to see true joy in people and click the shutter button at that exact moment. And she knows how to show you your wedding in a perfect light when you’re too busy that day to see it yourself. Kelley’s prices are unbelievable for the amount of manpower, hours, and photos you get with her packages. You will love your photos if you go with Kelley. You will love spending time with her and so will your guests. And if you book her now you will have a chance to get in before she is famous.

2018-01-17T07:00:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much Katy for the amazing review!! You and Joe are the best!! <3

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Kathy K

We were so fortunate to have Kelley photograph our daughter's destination wedding. Kelley was more than happy to travel to us. As one of the most important vendors of the day, Kelley created her art with ease and confidence. She bonded with everyone like part of the family, but... Read More maintained an inconspicuous presence throughout the day. The preview photos were ready the day after the wedding and the final edits were ready very soon after. Kelley captured the details and special moments with care and thoughtfulness, along with bringing out the best of all the wedding party and guests. We only wish we had at least one more wedding (this was our last daughter) so we could hire Kelley again.

2018-01-15T15:08:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kathy!! I loved traveling back to Georgia for this gorgeous wedding!!

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Dixie D

Kelley did an outstanding job and gave us a great choice of options for our wedding photos. She worked out the details of sunset timing to capture the best possible photos just like we wanted and gave sound advice based on what we were thinking. We asked for a lot of more candid... Read More as opposed to posed shots, and she did exactly that. Very affordable compared to other professional photographers. We're so glad we chose her!

2018-01-15T15:08:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Dixie!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Megan S

Working with Kelley from our engagements to our wedding day was such a blessing! Her joyful personality and her amazing professionalism made us feel welcome and comfortable at all times! She documented every detail of our wedding day and went above and beyond with wedding party,... Read More family, and couples portraits! We have received so many compliments on our photos and that makes me so happy because I know Kelley was meant to capture our big day. She was the best investment and now we have the most beautiful photos to cherish forever! Thank you so much to Kelley and her assistant, Elizabeth!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Molly W

Kelley was amazing! From our engagement pictures to the rehearsal dinner and our big day, we have gorgeous photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. On top of that, Kelley was an absolute pleasure to work with- she is so sweet, accommodating, and listened to exactly... Read More what we wanted (and guided us when we didn't know what we wanted which I was very thankful for!). I would absolutely recommend Kelley for anyone looking for a wedding photographer, she will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Angie C

Do not hesitate. Taking engagement and wedding photos was not something that my husband and I were looking forward to but Kelley made it easy. She had simple directions for us that made us look good no matter how we felt about taking photos. And soon enough we became much more... Read More at ease. We ended up with spectacular pictures that are exactly what I wanted. Kelley listens to her clients input and then adds her professional knowledge to create the perfect shots. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Hilary M

I was looking for a wedding photographer who had great composition, used natural light, and was able to capture the special "moments" and not just typical stand-there-smiling portraits. Kelley nailed it. Her service was professional, friendly, and efficient. She was attentive to... Read More our specific needs, helped us with pulling together our shot list, and was very organized and thorough during our wedding. She is fast, too! We had our full set of photos literally before we got back from our honeymoon. There are SO many good pictures our biggest problem will be selecting the ones we want on our walls. It probably goes without saying by the end of this review, but I would recommend her whole-heartedly and without reservation to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

2017-03-07T12:49:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words Hilary!! It was such a pleasure being a part of your beautiful day!!

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Nicole F

Kelley Stinson was an absolutely JOY to work with from our first meeting through our engagement shoot, planning process and wedding day. She provided great professionalism, coupled with a fun-loving and easy-going attitude, that made the decision to immediately book her as our... Read More photographer an easy one. Her rates were extremely competitive (and actually lower than others we had looked into), but her personality and excitement over being part of our day would have been worth far more. She and her second shooter were always responsive, helpful and blended into our whole wedding day effortlessly - all of our guests could not get over the photos she provided without every really realizing she was there! I would recommend Kelley a million times over.

2017-03-07T12:50:26 Response from the vendor

Awwww!! Thank you SO much Nicole!!! Your wedding was awesome and I loved every minute of it!!