"Upscale, not uptight!"

As a full-service Wedding Planner, Kelly believes in knowing each bride's vision and dream before beginning the planning process. With the belief and understanding that this time in a bride and groom's life should be a happy celebration from start to finish, Kelly prides herself on creating just that - a stress-free, fun planning process! While majority of her clients are looking for an upscale wedding experience, the process will be far from uptight and stuffy! The individual attention and relationship that Kelly creates will keep you calling well after your Perfect day!

$$$$ – Expensive

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100

New Orleans & Destination Weddings (504) 400-1233

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Meredith W

Kelly is without a doubt the most amazing and the BEST wedding planner in the New Orleans area. Our wedding was at our country house in a very remote location about 3 hours from New Orleans down several dirt roads. We always knew that this wedding would be somewhat of a... Read More logistical nightmare, but in the hands of Kelly Sherlock it was always "Don't worry, I got this". And boy did she! She was there from day one of planning and was totally on top of everything. Although not typical, she even spent 5 days at the house leading up to the event, making sure that everything went off without a hitch, which it did. Kelly coordinated vendors from multiple different towns and states, and was always there for us while keeping a close eye on our budget. For the bride that needs a planner with great contacts, is attentive to your needs, and will make the entire process a complete blast and stress free, she is your girl! Kelly has an amazing sense of humor, and will have your back and be by your side throughout the whole process, while putting on the wedding of your dreams! Thank you Kelly for going above and beyond to make our wedding that much more special!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Sarah B

Kelly Sherlock is hands down the very best thing that has every happened to the wedding industry. She makes the wedding planning process and "day of" experience absolutely stress free. She thinks of every. single. detail and leaves no stone unturned. She offers her expert... Read More opinion when asked, while taking into account your personal preference and taste. She recommends only the best vendors to ensure your day is perfect. She answers all emails/ texts/ calls so quickly and makes you feel as if yours is the only wedding she is planning. No request is ever too big for her. You can trust her 110% to take care of anything and everything. I truly believe no one should ever plan a wedding without Kelly Sherlock!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Erin F

Kelly was our wedding planner for our November 2016 wedding in New Orleans, and she was AMAZING! We had a 300 person fall, indoor wedding and Kelly brought it all together seamlessly. We got married at the Monastery (Kelly's find! It was still under construction when she... Read More brought it to our attention) and had the ceremony at the Ace Hotel. She took care of everything. We had 3 artists playing music at the ceremony and 4 at the party, plus a production team and Kelly handled coordinating all of that gracefully. She ran interference for me with vendors, gave me good and honest advice about every idea I had, and some of those ideas were out there, and she connected us with Urban Earth, the design team who made the ceremony and reception spaces more beautiful than I had hoped for. She also gave me a list of great vendors to chose from for Make Up (Flawless Bride), photographer (Julia Bailey) and our Cakes (Pure Cake,) and we LOVED each of them. The cake tasting was really thoughtful, fun, and delicious. Kelly made arrangements with the Ace Hotel to do a blind cake tasting, where we sampled different cakes without knowing which bakery they came from, all the while sipping champagne in the very place our party would take place. It was one of my favorite things about the planning process, and it was 100% because of Kelly. We loved having her be apart of our wedding because we never had to worry about anything. Everything ran on time, everything looked and tasted great, and everyone loved the planner. I have been singing her praises for the last month and will keep doing so. THANK YOU KELLY!!!

2016-12-15T14:48:44 Response from the vendor

Erin!!! You're so sweet and I am so very happy that you guys were so happy. You deserve all of the happiness in the world - your family and friends were so warm and loving. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Shannnon W

Kelly was so amazing. I didn't have to worry, think, plan, she did it all. As a MOB I had no idea how to give my daughter her dream wedding, but Kelly did and it was perfect. She thought of things that I didn't even know about. So great to work with, always on her A game and... Read More laughed with our crazy family!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017

I couldn't thank Kelly enough for putting together the most perfect day! I was able to enjoy the wedding process since Kelly took the stress out of planning, especially since I am from NJ and not local to the area. I felt like I got to show up to my dream wedding and didn't... Read More have to worry about one thing. It was flawless thanks to Kelly's hard work. I highly recommend Kelly to anyone looking for someone with expertise when planning your perfect day. I couldn't ask for anything else. Thank you again Kelly!!!! I will always remember my perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Jennifer C

I want to start by saying that I will truly miss talking to Kelly on a regular basis now that our wedding is over. After getting engaged, I interviewed four wedding planners for our destination wedding and was very skeptical after our conversations. When I spoke to Kelly I was... Read More sold! I knew from the beginning we would get along great because she tells it exactly like it is. There were ideas my husband and I had that we ran by Kelly and she either made them work or explained why logistically they may not work. Her confidence and fun and easy going personality made it easy for us to stay calm and rely on her for the more difficult decisions. She never steered us wrong. We never felt like it we were far away because Kelly always got back to us quickly with any questions we had. Initially, my husband was very hesitant about hiring a wedding planner. He felt as though we could do the research ourselves online since we were having a destination wedding and save the money to spend it elsewhere. On the night before our wedding, my husband told me that hiring Kelly was the best decision we made. Her relationships with the vendors are incredible. Each vendor we hired raved about Kelly and how they love working with her. Her experience in the wedding industry gave us connections to vendors we would never have been able to find on our own and let us know about previous experiences with other vendors. Because of her, we were able to enjoy the time with our guests and not worry about any last minute details. In fact, Kelly continued to check up on us on the days leading up to the wedding to make sure we had no questions, concerns, or bridezilla/groomzilla moments. Surprisingly, we were both very calm. That was all due to the fact that we knew we could trust Kelly to take care of everything. Her attention to detail is incredible and with so much experience she can foresee issues and adjust accordingly before they even occur. The day of our wedding was like a dream! There is not one detail either one of us would change. That morning, Kelly called me to tell me that there was rain in the forecast, but she had it all covered. She explained that our beautiful rooftop ceremony would probably have to be done inside and not to worry. My only concern was the secondline. Kelly nailed it all! Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Kelly never came to us with a problem without having multiple solutions. The wedding day was no different. My husband and I truly believe the ceremony turned out even more beautiful inside than it would’ve been outside. We trusted Kelly and she was 100% right. She even pulled off the secondline outside. Because of Kelly, our wedding day was what it was. PERFECT!! Our guests are still telling us that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to. We enjoyed every moment knowing Kelly was in control. There is no other choice for a wedding planner. Thank you, Kelly, for making our dream wedding a reality!! We can’t thank you enough for the best day of our life and now for your friendship.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Alice L

Kelly was great at helping me plan my destination wedding in New Orleans. She is very responsive and helped me stay within budget. I loved our wedding and Kelly made sure that everything went off without a hitch. Would definitely recommend her to everyone! Our friends and family... Read More are still raving about our wedding weeks later.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Trish P

Thank you Kelly @kellysherlockevents for your help with our little, intimate and beautiful wedding!!!! And most importantly thanks for the dance offs!!!! So excited for us and so happy to have you in my life through these years!!! Fun times!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Taylor R

AMAZING...in all ways! I did not have much of a vision for what I wanted my wedding to look like when I first got engaged and Kelly helped me organize my thoughts and ideas to create the most beautiful, special event ever! She has wonderful connections throughout the city and... Read More was able to list recommendations and call on people for the largest to the smallest of details. Being that I live out of town, Kelly would FaceTime whenever needed so I could "see" things and be more apart of the planning process. She organized and planned all our meetings (floral, cake, catering) for the same day that way I only had to travel down one time. Her attention to detail is impeccable, making your dream day an unforgettable one. All-in-all, Kelly Sherlock is incredible at her job. She kept me sane day of, fixed my hair at the reception, went to my hotel room to gather and drop things off, filled my drinks, and fed me food :) I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. She started as my wedding planner but has become my friend!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Tania Z

Kelly was absolutely amazing. We got married abroad and then had a large party in New Orleans. We were initially really stressed about having to plan two weddings but she pretty much did everything. She made planning the party effortless. She simplified all the decisions for us... Read More and walked us through everything. She was also wonderful the day of the party. My friends and family kept coming up to us and telling us how great she was. We would definitely highly recommend her. She seemed to quickly "get us" and the vision and vibe we were going for and made it happen. The party went off without a hilt and all the recommendations she made (lighting, cake, photography, etc...were perfect). If you're getting married in New Orleans, she is your person. She knows the city and all the different vendors. She is also such a fun person herself which totally helps. Thanks Kelly for making our (second!) day so special.

2017-05-11T10:48:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Tania! You are so sweet! I loved working with you guys and your family and friends were amazing!!! Thank you for trusting me with this wedding celebration. You guys are the best!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Maggie W

Working with Kelly as my wedding planner was the best choice! Kelly really helped make the whole planning process stress free. She brought me vendor options within my budget and every single vendor selected was amazing!! Then the week of the wedding we had to scramble with... Read More some last minute decisions associated with the weather and knowing that I could lean on her to get the job done took the weight of the world off my shoulders. Kelly definitely goes the extra mile to make sure the bride and groom have a wonderful, stress free wedding!! Thank you Kelly!! I'm beyond grateful!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Nikol M

Kelly somehow captured my dream and made it come true!! I could not have had a better wedding day! Even her staff was amazing!! She was very attentive. I was an out of town bride and needed to have a planner who understood the city well and had alot of contacts. Also she was... Read More comfortable finding vendors that were accustomed to having african american clients. This was especially important for hair and makeup. I cant say enough about how awesome Kelly is. I am forever grateful to her!

2016-12-15T14:45:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words, Nikol! You and Brandon were amazing to work with and I will be forever grateful for you putting your trust in Monica and I! I hope you will call me anytime you come to New Orleans and,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Christine I

Kelly in one word, is a saint. We were planning our NOLA destination wedding from New York and her help was immeasurable when it came to navigating vendors, timelines, payments, what we should expect etc. She helped keep our timelines on track and gave us honest answers that we... Read More sometimes didn't want to hear, but that were always to our benefit. Once we were on the ground in NOLA, she was basically a body guard protecting the groom and myself from any last minute vendor issues or behind the scenes hiccups (not even sure they actually existed!). All in all there is NO way we could have pulled off our dream weekend without her!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Emily G

Kelly is the best of the best! I was planning my wedding in New Orleans while living and working in Baton Rouge. She was so flexible working with my schedule, and always super on top of everything. When it came to the day of the wedding, I seriously had no anxiety at all... Read More regarding any of the logistics, knowing she would take care of it all. The wedding was above and beyond my and my family's expectations! Stop looking, and hire Kelly ASAP. She's so worth it!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Barbie P

People say it’s difficult it is to plan a wedding… so many things to juggle, so many things to take care of. Well, actually it was pretty easy. Why? Because one of the first decisions we made was to pick Kelly. That was the best decision we made while planning our big day! She... Read More spent some time getting to know us to figure out what we wanted. Our planning sessions often felt like we were working with a friend, we would laugh and share stories. Kelly was the perfect balance of fun and business. When it came time to get things done, she is very efficient. She created a plan that not only gave us plenty of time to consider our options but also kept us on schedule and within our budget. She also knew exactly which vendors we would like. In fact, we pretty much picked every recommendation she made. Kelly quickly built a rapport with us and we knew we could trust that her recommendations would deliver a high quality product or service. She was always available via text, email or call - her only stipulation was not to text at 3 AM with a question about the linens – otherwise she was quick to respond. We planned a half Christian/half Hindu wedding ceremony and she handled the event like the expert that she is. The day of the wedding went without a hitch, every vendor delivered to near perfection and Kelly was there to manage all the details immaculately. All we had to do was sit back, relax, and enjoy... Well, as much as would be allowed for the bride and groom on their wedding day. Kelly is one of a kind. She’s the kind you want to be planning your wedding. If you don’t hire Kelly, you are missing out!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Michelle B

Kelly is AMAZING! There cannot possibly be anyone out there who does a better job than her. She made everything easy. I thought planning a wedding in New Orleans while living in Jacksonville, FL was going to be stressful but having Kelly made the entire experience stress free.... Read More You can tell the second you meet her, she knows what she's doing and she's going to get you exactly what you want. And that she did! She was great to work with! She gives solid advice throughout the entire experience. Kelly is the absolute best! There really are no words that will give the job she does justice. I would highly recommend using her! She is also pretty funny and adds comical relief when needed. Love love love working with her!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

Kelly Sherlock is the Mary Poppins of party planners! She is practically perfect in every way! From our first meeting, Kelly was an excellent collaborator and a true professional. She assisted in planning and executing the perfect wedding for my daughter and son in law.... Read More Although I hail originally from NOLA, I moved away many years ago so Kelly was able to put us in touch with local vendors. The florist, pastry chef and all other aspects to the wedding were outstanding to work with and delivered beyond our expectations! If you want to work with the best, then hire Kelly Sherlock and you will have the perfect event and you will be able to relax and enjoy your family and friends. Kelly takes care of everything!

Reviewed on 4/10/2016

WONDERFUL! Kelly helped to fulfill our daughter's dream wedding of a perfectly magical night. The work she did for us was worth every penny and then some. Her organization and planning skills are top notch, as are her communication and negotiation. She first made the effort to... Read More understand the vision of the bride and groom, then guided us through a timeline of vendors, arranged appointments in groups efficient for us, trouble shot when needed, and gave us the peace of mind knowing that everything was being handled correctly and in a timely manner. In addition to her fabulous business skills, she was fun to work with. Looking back, she was a necessity for us, and we now have a family friend in her.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Caitlin N

Kelly basically made my wedding happen and made it MAGICAL. I would spend double the money on what we spent on Kelly. She was worth her weight in GOLD. Kelly and my family became great friends over the wedding planning process. From day one Kelly made our lives easier. She did... Read More not only help with every detail of the wedding, but she allowed us to ENJOY the process. She puts out any fire that may happen before you ever hear about it, and that is if you ever hear about it! I told her my vision and she directed me in which way to go for vendors, band, etc. Every single vendor she recommended was amazing. There ended up being a torrential thunderstorm the day of my wedding, and my venue was mostly oustide...Kelly created a plan B within hours and made it happen. My wedding would have been a disaster without her. It was truly the best day of my life and I owe it all to her. If you are still reading this review you need to stop, pick up your phone and call Kelly. She's the BEST!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Robert H

Kelly was amazing and both my new wife and I are extremely glad that we had her to help us plan our wedding (which far exceeded our admittedly lofty expectations). She spent the first couple weeks getting to know us and our tastes and then made recommendations that she was... Read More confident would be a good fit. We hit a major bump a few months before our wedding when we found out that the reception venue we had booked was sold and that they were cancelling our contract. Needless to say, the stress levels soared, but Kelly was able to help us find a replacement in only a few days. Looking back, we feel confident that the new venue was a better fit than our original choice. The day of our wedding was absolutely perfect and Kelly managed all of the details flawlessly so that my bride and I could relax and truly enjoy the experience. All of our guests commented on how beautiful everything was and how much fun they had. This is largely due to Kelly's expert guidance on things like flow and pacing. At the end of the reception, she got the dj to play a little longer than planned, which resulted in all of our dancing guests chanting her name! She is awesome!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Allison L

Kelly is the absolute best! Everything for my wedding was so amazing and perfect, because of Kelly's hard work. I wouldn't change a single thing. Hiring Kelly was the best decision we made. She made everything seamless and I was able to relax during the planning and the day... Read More of the wedding. All of the vendors she recommended were amazing! She is incredibly organized and did an amazing job with coordinating all of the vendors and tasks on the day of the wedding. She also has a great sense of humor and is a lot of fun to work with!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Kathleen L

Kelly is awesome. We planned a 450 person Hindu/American ceremony and reception in four months with little or no screw ups whatsoever. Kelly is a no-BS type of gal and she gets right to the point in all vendor/in-law interactions - she definitely will not waste your time or... Read More money! :) As a bride, she stuck up for me and my husband's opinions on multiple occasions (his parents are very old school) and the event turned out beautifully as we had imagined it. Our wedding weekend consisted of Thursday through Saturday events, all which flowed smoothly, as if they had effortlessly been coordinated. More importantly, she is available practically 24/7, always ready to answer text, phone call, or email. Multiple guests have told us that our wedding was the only wedding they have ever been to where each part of it actually started exactly on time. More importantly, everyone had a blast! All the thanks in the world, Kelly! We couldn't have done it that well without you:)

Reviewed on 3/31/2016

Pretty much to some up our experience with Kelly I need one word "phenomenal." I am thoroughly convinced that Kelly is capable of building mountains in no time at all. We used all the vendors she recommended, and I don't think there are any ones that were better in New... Read More Orleans. The cakes were incredible. The flowers were beyond belief. We had those beautiful aspects of our wedding thanks to Kelly's direction. She communicates promptly and is extremely easy to get a hold of through a call, text, or e-mail. This was very important to me. She followed through with everything she promised, and far exceeded my expectations. Basically she made the whole wedding experience enjoyable and the stress level tolerable. She is fabulous. If either of us ever get married again, she's definitely getting hired ;) P.S. She has a great sense of humor.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Benjamin L

I will preface this review with two pieces of pertinent information, this review will be lengthy, and it is being written from the perspective of a groom who had very little knowledge of the intricacies involving planning a wedding. That being said, Kelly Sherlock opened my eyes... Read More and allowed me to look not only at my wedding day as an incredible experience, but to appreciate and enjoy the processes along the way. This made planning the wedding a blast! She has the ability to communicate both artistically and professionally. One of the things I respect the most was Kelly’s ability to speak to my wife and I on our own levels, and as a team. My wife and I worked with Kelly for a year and a half planning the wedding, so you can undoubtedly imagine the communication required between us. Constant and honest communication is something I cannot put a price on, and Kelly excels at it. My wife and I dreamt of a grand wedding but the planning and execution required the utmost attention to detail, Kelly went above and beyond to ensure that everything worked out perfectly. She took our dream and our budget and made everything come to fruition for us, while respecting our wishes along the way and keeping us constantly in the loop. There was never an unanswered phone call, text message or email and every time I saw her she greeted us with a hug and smile on her face! She dealt with some obstacles that I don’t think anyone would anticipate and she did it so well, I had no idea anything was going on until after Kelly had handled it. WIthout getting into too much detail, she single handedly protected my cigar humidor and all of it’s contents from being stolen and immediately protected my items. She did it without hesitation, without question, and with full authority. I could not be more grateful for that instance alone. When authority and responsibility needs to be taken, Kelly Sherlock is right there looking after the best interest of not only us as the wedding couple, but our guests as well. I don't know how she juggles such a delicate balance of vendor/client relations; However, she is clearly an expert. She is amazingly omnipresent, there at the exact moments when you need her, and always handling business when decisions need to be made. Odd/Intricate family dynamics are things that I am sure most people have in their lives, but do not always want to discuss. For us, it was a member of my family who required special attention… extremely special attention. She handled it amazingly, so much so that for our wedding weekend, my entire family was at peace. Kelly was able to create an atmosphere of complete wedding bliss and once everyone got settled into the hotels, it was as if we were placed into our own world. I swear time must have frozen for me that weekend, I stood idly by as dozens of vendors, from the hotel, to the church, to the venue for the reception worked so diligently to make everything run perfectly. There was one person conducting the symphony, and it was Kelly Sherlock. Without her, the operational efficiency of our wedding would have come to a grinding halt. Kelly, I cannot thank you enough for your amazing and awe inspiring work. Your professionalism and attention to detail did not go unnoticed by any wedding guest or vendor. My wife will kill me for saying this but you knew exactly what to do to take the “zilla” out of the bride! I wish I could write more but due to review limits I am literally at zero characters remaining!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Kelly D

Kelly Sherlock's worth is immeasurable! This woman is literally a machine. She knew all the right things to do and say. She knew when to let me obsess over things during the planning process and when to take over and have me just be the bride. My groom swears she is the best... Read More thing to happen during our engagement ;) She had everything handled beforehand and took care of anything that came up- no stone was left unturned. I can't say enough about how important it is to have her be a part of your wedding. She knows how to handle every type of person and was great at dealing with any kind of family dynamic you can imagine. I have never met a groomsmen before that even noticed if there was a wedding planner and even our groomsmen commented on how incredible she was. She knew just what to do to calm me and make me laugh. She was there any time I needed to talk to her throughout the year and a half of my planning and on the day of the wedding, she did not stop! She had every single detail covered and she made sure everything was just as I wanted it. I'm a pretty big control freak and I trusted her implicitly with my most important memory to date. How can you put a price tag on your sanity?! She is worth every penny and more. I hope every bride is lucky enough to have Kelly Sherlock by her side.

Kelly Sherlock