The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The family-run Kendall Plantation has an elegant and historical feel. Set atop a limestone hill on a 300-acre ranch in Boerne, Texas, just a little north of San Antonio in Texas Hill Country, this venue offers both indoor and outdoor spaces for formal ceremonies and receptions.

The Lawn in front of the imposing antebellum-style house, with its steep entrance steps and colorful flora, displays a spring-fed pond and several large oak trees. It can seat up to 400 guests for an outdoor wedding ceremony and, thanks to its elevation, benefits from a cool, year-round breeze.

The Ballroom inside the main house has a polished hardwood floor. Surrounded by towering floor-to-ceiling windows and a viewing gallery on the upper level that can be reached by way of the grand central staircase, this space has a neutral palette and some authentic Southern plantation flourishes. It can accommodate a maximum of 400 guests.

A deposit is required to hold the date and 50 percent of the rental fee is payable 8 months before the event. The remaining balance is due 60 days in advance.

The rental period runs from 10 a.m. until midnight and includes a one hour rehearsal. Only one event is scheduled per day, so the rental covers exclusive use of the entire property for the duration of the wedding. The rental includes use of the bridal suite, with a live video feed of the site being set up and guests arriving and the groom's suite, which features a Sonos sound bar, flat-screen TV and foosball table.

Tables and chairs are all included in the rental fee, with gorgeous Mahogany Chiavari chairs provided for the reception. Tables linens, setup and cleanup are included in the rental fee. Additionally, a gazebo for the wedding ceremony, complete with a sound system and crystal chandelier is provided.

Catering is provided by one of the venue's preferred vendors. If desired, guests can bring their own alcohol, but it must be served by the venue's preferred bartending company. Smoking is permitted on the premises, but only in the outside areas of the site.

Loud music can be played both indoors and outdoors throughout the rental period, ending promptly at midnight. Confetti and glitter are prohibited.

In addition to its evocative rural setting, Kendall Plantation has a number of enticing unique amenities that are part of the rental fee including the following:

• Webcam coverage for absent friends and family to watch the wedding live
  • A bridal portraits location
  • Forever-green turf at ceremony site
  • Sophisticated audio equipment, including a sound system with iPod docking
  • On-site transportation provided by golf cart

An Elegant Day Awaits You...

For a truly elegant wedding with timeless appeal and picturesque scenery, Kendall Plantation is the place to say ‘I do.’ Set atop a hill, which offers amazing views of the Hill Country and cool breezes, Kendall Plantation highlights some of the most desirable features for today's bride. Price starting at $3500

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue

Rentals + Equipment

20 Guthrie Road, Boerne, TX (830) 229-5090

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Dawn W

When I walked into Kendall Plantation for the first time a YEAR before I was even engaged, I knew that it would be where I would get married. I loved that we could get ready there and have our ceremony and reception all in one location. The venue is absolutely stunning and has... Read More the perfect classic feel I had always dreamed of, but what stood out to me the most was how wonderful Kristin is. She is so helpful, kind and genuine and makes sure everyone is taken care of. As a wedding vendor myself, I have worked with a large number of venues, but there isn't one that even comes close to the experience we had at Kendall Plantation. The wedding of our dreams literally came to life on our day, and it wouldn't have been possible without Kristin and Kendall Plantation. Thank you for being such a special part of our lives. We will cherish our memories made at Kendall Plantation forever!

2017-03-01T14:01:33 Response from the vendor

I am hearing your heartfelt words and they are cherished! What a blessing of a bride you are. FOR REAL. Thank you, thank you.

Reviewed on 7/21/2016

Kendall Plantation is absolutely beautiful! I'm the second member of my family to marry at Kendall. I had five months to plan and Kristin helped make it easy. I would recommend Kendall Plantation to anyone looking for a fabulous location, accommodating staff, and a beautiful... Read More wedding.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Chelsea S

Michael and I were married on April 2, 2016. The first time I had seen Kendall Plantation was in an Instagram post a couple years back. I fell in love with beauty of the location without realizing it was in my hometown. Fast forward to looking for a venue and Kendall couldn't... Read More have been more of a meant to be scenario. I was so excited when we met Kristin and quickly decided this was where we were suppose to be! The venue is just as beautiful if not more beautiful in person. Kristin could not have been more personable and quick at responding with any concerns or questions we had. Trust her list of preferred vendors because they know what they are doing and they do it extremely well! Our night couldn't have been more perfect. If you get a chance to check out Kendall Plantation's Instagram page it's full of great photos of decorating ideas and the property.

2016-05-21T09:38:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Chelsea, it was a joy working with you and 400 of your family and friends! Best day ever!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Amanda M

I knew I wanted to have my wedding at Kendall Plantation the moment I saw it on theknot.com. I immediately contacted Kristen, after a emailing each other back and forth she let me know if an open house that was being held early the next week. After attending the open house I was... Read More convinced! The Plantation is everything I hoped it would be. Kristen was behind helpful as well as accommodating. She was always available for a quick call and/or email. She gave my wedding the attention is deserved despite me having a smaller guest count. I was able to have the wedding of my dreams because of Kristen and her venue. The compliments I have gotten are endless and I too owe that to Kristen.

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Sarah M

Kendall Plantation is THE perfect venue!!! I first saw the venue years before I meet my husband and dreamed of getting married there. Fast forward 6 years and that dream came true!!! Everything is absolutely perfect! It honestly takes your breath away! Kristin was fantastic to... Read More work with! She answered ALL my questions before the day was over and made me feel welcomed! You truly can not go wrong with Kristin and Kendall Plantation! Giving 5 stars isn't enough, totally deserves 10!!!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Reviewed on 4/03/2017

I still feel like my wedding was a dream! It was everything I wanted and more! Kendall Plantation was the perfect venue for us and Kristin is absolutely amazing. She probably thought I was crazy at the beginning because I was ready to reserve my date the moment I walked up to... Read More her! The day I got married, it rained and didn't stop. The temperature dropped dramatically. At first, I was going to have it outside no matter what and Kristin always stood by my decisions. About 30 minutes before the ceremony, we decided it was best to move it inside. I have to admit I was sad at first, but plan b inside, was just as breath taking. I have to say, I loved it even more. I have to give credit to Kristin and every vendor that flipped the inside upside down in a matter of minutes! Please trust the preferred vendor list that Kristin has because each and every one of them is truly amazing and know what they are doing! My inside wedding was so intimate with all of our family and friends there (over 300). I wish I could go back and relive that day over and over. Thank you for making our dream wedding a reality! I highly recommend Kendall Plantation if you are looking for a wedding venue!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Brandi L

Kendall Plantation was a stunning venue for our wedding!! Kristin was awesome to work with. She was very responsive to any and all questions I had. From the moment I saw Kendall online I was so in love from just the photos. I just knew this had to be our venue. It was... Read More confirmed once we saw it in person. It was the vision of what I had dreamed my wedding to be since I was a little girl. Thanks for making our dreams come true!

2017-02-22T08:17:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review Brandi! I am so happy to have been a part of your day! I love that we completed your vision and helped make your dreams come true! This is awesome!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Kelsey D

The venue is so incredibly beautiful. We had so many compliments. You don't even need many decorations because it is amazing in and of itself! Kristin was so helpful with answering questions and making recommendations beforehand, and helping things run smoothly the day of.... Read More Having 2 stories inside made for some really cool pictures!!!

2017-02-22T08:16:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the glowing review Kelsey! So happy to have been a part of your day!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Lena M

Kendall is a beautiful venue and I instantly fell in love with it as soon as I walked in! It is the perfect mix of a Hill Country wedding with just the right amount of elegance, which is exactly what I was looking for. It is definitely affordable, especially if you are willing... Read More to get married on a Friday/Sunday. The vendors that they recommend are also really great and since they have all worked together so many times before, it makes the planning process very easy and seamless.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Amanda O

Kendall Plantation was the place I knew today would turn into forever with my new husband. As soon as I walked in, I was in awe of how beautiful it was. I had toured about 8 other venues and I just knew none of those could even come close in comparison. The grounds are extremely... Read More well taken care of, the hardwood floors are gorgeous, the stairway is immaculate, but most important of all, Kristin is amazing. She was so friendly and accommodating from start to finish and really if you don't have a great venue host whom is willing to help however she can, you really don't have anything. I never got to thank her, but I hope she knows how grateful I am to her for making our day a wonderful memory that'll be forever in our hearts and mind.

2016-12-07T15:01:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review Amanda! This is amazing! Best wishes for you and Michael! And Thank you for choosing Kendall Plantation!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Sarah B

Kendall Plantation was amazing! once we booked them as our venue I knew we would have a beautiful and elegant wedding. I can't say enough how stunning the property is. all of our guests couldn't compliment it enough either. Kristin was great to work with as well. she was there... Read More for whatever we needed and very quick to respond to any questions. I definitely recommend Kendall Plantation for any couple that wants a beautiful wedding to remember.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Melissa M

Kendall Plantation is a gorgeous venue! Perfect view of the hill country! My husband and I saw the Kendall Plantation in The Knot magazine and we both instantly fell in love with it! This was the first and only venue that we looked at because we just knew we wanted to get... Read More married there! Kristin was amazing and so helpful! She had such great advice about what to do for certain aspects of the wedding and who to go for with certain services! We were so blessed to have her and all of our other vendors work together and make our wedding day better than we ever could have imagined!!! The venue had everything we were looking for, a beautiful area for the ceremony, gorgeous reception space, and a bride and groom suite to get ready in! We are so happy that we choose the Kendall Plantation for our wedding, and we'd recommend it to anyone that's getting married!!!

2016-12-07T15:05:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Thank you so much for the future recommendations, so much appreciated! Best wishes for you and Arturo!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Leah T

My daughter and I were flipping through a bridal magazine. She was aware that I had been looking at plantation type venues near my hometown of Bay City near Houston but just wasn't happy with what I was finding. Then she spotted Kendall right there in the magazine and that was... Read More all I needed. This venue changed the game plan all together...I immediately fell in love with Kendall and from that moment I knew our wedding would now be taking place in Boerne. It couldn't have been more perfect. Sounds funny to say but I think I felt more excited when I found this venue than I did about finding the perfect dress :) Not the typical bride. In finding this breathtaking venue we also found, in Kristin, the perfect person to help guide us through the unfamiliar waters of endless wedding vendors. We were so unbelievably blessed to have encountered such a wonderful person to help us with this long awaited day that would come to mean so much in the days ahead to so many people for so many reasons. We could never express in words our full gratitude to Kristin and how this was not just a pretty site to be married but the place where we were finally able to bring so many of our loved ones whom we rarely get to see to share one extremely special day. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful back drop to that memory. Thank you Kristin!

2016-12-07T15:02:48 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so very much for this review! It means so much, and I am so happy you guys had a great time. It was a very special wedding, and we are honored to be a part of it! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Alexandra B

I don't even have the words to describe the beauty and awe of Kendall Plantation. We knew from the moment we saw it in person that this would be our venue. Not only is the scenery breathtaking, but the owner Kristin has a peace and calmness about her that made me want to chose... Read More her right away. She doesn't try to upsale you on anything and is upfront from the very beginning about all costs included. The price is extremely reasonable for all the perks of this location. Our wedding planner, Sweet August Events, works with Kristen quite often, and together they created magic at an already amazing location. Thank you thank you thank you Kendall Plantation for everything. I wouldn't change a thing about my experience!!!

2016-12-07T15:03:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Alex!!!! You are a dream! Beautiful wedding! Thank you for letting us be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Sarah A

Kendall Plantation was the first wedding venue I toured. And I knew after the tour that this was going to be the place that I would marry the man of my dreams. Kristin is so helpful and wise when it comes to wedding advice and answering any questions. She was always available to... Read More answer all my questions and take any doubts I had away. Hiring a wedding coordinator that Kristin suggested was the best advice she could have ever given me. My wedding day went so smooth with Kristin and my coordinator there that if something went wrong that day then I did not know about it. That’s how professional and prepared they were and I couldn’t have been happier. The Kendall Plantation is a one stop shop when it comes to having the perfect wedding ceremony and venue. Plus the bridal suite was so convenient, all my bridesmaids and vendors were able to fit in this room and enjoy our time before the wedding. All of the vendors that came from the suggested list were amazing. I have not one bad thing to say about the professionalism that I encountered when working with Kristin and everyone she suggested we work with. I am still in awe of my wedding day and how amazing it was. Thank you Kendall Plantation for making the best day of my life one to remember forever.

2016-09-29T11:18:29 Response from the vendor

WOW. Best review ever Sarah!!! Thank you so much for the glowing beautiful review. We are forever thankful for you choosing KP for your wedding. - Kristin

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Megan L

Kendall Plantation was literally the PERFECT venue. A good friend of mine, (who was also one of my bridesmaids) got married here last year, and I fell in love with the venue. My husband and I live out of state, and when we got engaged we weren't sure when we would be able to... Read More make it to Texas to look at venues. I immediately thought of Kendall Plantation, and the date we wanted was open so we booked it! Kristen was so amazing on our wedding day. We had some difficulties with our planner, but Kristen was there every step of the way and made everyone feel so relaxed. Things ran so smoothly because of her! You don't even need a planner when Kristen is around... she knows the venue so well and knows what works and what doesn't more than anyone else. On the day of our wedding, it rained the entire day until just before our ceremony. I never once felt pressured to move our ceremony inside, and Kristen took care of everything to make sure it was going to be perfect either way. The clouds opened up and made for the most beautiful (and cool!) August evening, so we ended up having our ceremony outside. I know if we had to have it inside it would have been perfect either way!

2016-09-14T08:35:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Megan! So glad you guys had a good time, thank you for trusting us for your wedding day! Although, I would still suggest hiring a professional planner :) So glad the sky opened up for you too! YES!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

The Kendall Plantation is absolutely perfect in every way. Not only was it my dream venue, but Kristin & Jeremy made our special day so perfect in many ways. They are truly genuine people and you can tell they LOVE what they do. We have gotten endless compliments about our... Read More wedding day and about the Kendall Plantation. It was THE perfect place for our wedding! 💖

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Casey B

The Kendall Plantation is an amazing venue. It is unbelievably beautiful and Kristin is great to work with. She is always available to answer questions and is so helpful. I had an amazing experience getting married here.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Samantha S

I planned my wedding from a different city and Kristin was extremely easy to work with, very responsive to my (many) emails and phone calls. Kendall Plantation was the first and only venue we checked out--we fell in love with it as soon as we came up the driveway. The views are... Read More breathtaking, the bride's and grooms suites are fantastic, the venue itself is wonderful. As far as planning, everything was convenient and simplified for me--tables, chairs, and linens included; reception and ceremony in one place; a list of recommended vendors...the list goes on. Our day was a day to remember and Kendall Plantation provided the perfect "feel". Thanks for everything!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Christine R

Kendall Plantation is absolutely BEAUTIFUL We were lucky enough to book Kendall Plantation for our Memorial Day weekend wedding this past week. Kendall Plantation is nothing short of breathtaking. It is such a beautiful venue, and Kristin is the easiest person to work with... Read More ever! We only had our reception there, but they have beautiful grounds for an ourdoor or indoor wedding as well. The bride and grooms rooms are amazing for getting ready- we had so much fun! All of the guests loved the venue and the spectacular views of the hill country. Most of our guests were from out of town, so they absolutely loved the scenery. Kendall plantation is an easy 15 minute shuttle ride from the Rim and all the hotels around there, so very easy to access. We had an absolutely amazing wedding reception. Highly recommend to use David with DPC lighting to decorate the place with lights and draping! Thank you so much Kristin for making our day absolutely amazing! I wouldn't have changed a thing! :)

2016-06-07T09:38:39 Response from the vendor

xoxo! Thank you so much for trusting Kendall Plantation for your wedding. It was so beautiful, you did everything right, and had the BEST vendors to make it happen! We were honored to be a part of your day! -Kristin

Reviewed on 5/19/2016

Kristin was wonderful to work with and made the whole process so effortless for us. With the bride's parents and the bride and groom living in different states, Kristin made wedding planning seamless for all involved. The venue was stunning and the whole event was magical! We... Read More highly recommend this venue to any bride and groom looking for that "special place"!

2016-05-21T09:36:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Best wishes! xoxo

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Kristin S

We got married on 4/1/16, and it was an absolutely wonderful time! Kristin was amazing throughout the entire planning process. Every review of Kendall Plantation is spot on, it's simply the best!

2016-05-21T09:39:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kristin ;) Loved working with you and Paul!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Ryann K

Kendall plantation was a beautiful location! The vendors on Kristin's website were also great options. The indoor reception area has great spacing for dining and dancing. Kristin was quick to respond to any questions that came up throughout the process.

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Kimberly H

Our wedding was an absolute dream brought to life at Kendall Plantation! We had searched and visited a few different venues, but none of them had that vintage country vibe we were looking for, as soon as we stepped into Kendall we knew it was the one! Kristen had really good... Read More vibes and we were ready to book! Kristen was also very flexible with my bridal portrait session We shot there and the hours of our wedding rehearsal. If you are looking for a place to have your wedding I highly recommend this place. Kendall was a little over our planned budget, but well worth it for the gorgeous photos we have and the amazing time our family and friends had, they can't stop telling us what a gorgeous wedding we had!!

2016-05-21T09:40:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kim!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Lindsay P

We had our reception only at the Kendall Plantation and let me tell you, Kristen is incredible to work with! Extremely easy going, very organized, incredibly patient and so very helpful. The bridal party had such a great time getting ready there. Everything is so clean and... Read More organized and you just can't beat the view. Although there was a slight hiccup at the reception, (nothing to do with any vendor) Kristen handled it with SO much ease and made sure our night continued on in the best way possible. We can't thank her enough for all she did!! Our wedding reception was a dream come true!

Kristin Voss

2008 Texas State University (Go bobcats!) Bachelors of Science in Agriculture and Business Administration. Married September 13, 2008 in San Antonio Texas. Moved to Houma Louisiana and worked for Terrebonne Parish while my husband Jeremy worked for Schlumberger . After a few years in the swamps, we decided to move back to the best city on earth, our home town, Boerne Texas. Once here, we started drawing and sketching plans for a small wedding chapel to build on family property, it turned into Kendall Plantation :) Two children, son Toby Ryan Voss and daughter Charlee Janelle Voss Go Cowboys