Kickapoo Creek Winery

Edwards, IL

Book Your Wedding with Kickapoo Creek Winery

A BALLROOM IN EDWARDS, IL

Kickapoo Creek Winery is situated at 6605 N Smith Road, Edwards, Illinois. This family-owned vineyard and winery is nestled among 250 rolling acres of picturesque beauty in the Illinois River Valley. Their motto, “Close to the city but far from the ordinary!” couldn’t be more appropriate for this exquisite venue that is ideal for rehearsal dinners, cocktail and weeding ceremonies and receptions.

Kickapoo Creek Winery provides a stunning backdrop for bridal couples looking for a fresh, country yet sophisticated theme. The extensive and well-manicured grounds offer plenty of unique and beautiful setting to capture memorable photographs. From well-kept gardens, rambling vineyards and tranquil lake settings to rustic bridges, towering trees and wooden pergolas, couples will be spoiled for choice. Kickapoo Creek Winery can accommodate indoor and outdoor ceremonies.

The Ballroom. The Ballroom is and elegant and spacious room with a beautifully grand custom-built oak bar. A built-in dance floor, ambient lighting, gentle tones and beautifully updated finishes make this a ideal setting for indoor receptions. The ballroom can accommodate up to 300 guests.

Prairie Star Pavilion. Prairie Star Pavilion is a uniquely built outdoor space with arched ceiling. The Pavilion is supported by broad wooden beam structure and opens up completely on the sides to allow for an open air venue. It can also be closed should the weather not permit and outdoor event. This simply elegant space is ideal for ceremonies, cocktails and intimate reception and can accommodate up to 150 guests.

Ruby Glow Garden. Ruby Glow Garden is a serene garden area adorned with their famous Hostas, a beautiful lily species and a tranquil waterfall feature with koi pond. Outdoor ceremonies can be set up on the lawn and the bride will enter through a beautiful wooden pergola.

Kickapoo Creek Winery offers couples a dedicated and experienced wedding coordinator to assist with all the planning and finer details to ensure a memorable day. Their on-site catering team offers a variety of delicious wedding menu packages or couples can select from their new innovative and creative menus for a unique experience that is sure to please all of the guests. Standard wedding packages include:

• Ivory tables linens
  • Black or ivory napkins
  • Complimentary cake cutting
  • Dance floor
  • Head table, cake table and gift table

Kickapoo Creek Winery offers the complete package and strives to make your event as special and unforgettable as possible for you and your guests whether it’s an intimate ceremony or grand celebration. Other perks include:

• Choice of outdoor ceremony sites on the farm
  • Handcrafted wines available from their own grown vineyards and locally sourced grapes
  • Walking trails through beautiful breathtaking grounds

Weddings/Banquets/On and Off-Site Catering

Your wedding day is about your “vision” and no one understands that better than the wedding professionals at Kickapoo Creek Winery. From the exquisite dining room and surrounding facilities to a perfect menu and unforgettable food, Kickapoo Creek will help you with your perfect wedding.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

6605 N Smith Rd, Edwards, IL (309) 495-9463

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Libby B

Blown away by how smoothly my recent wedding reception on 8/20/2016 went here at the winery. The staff is very helpful, promptly answering any question I had during the months leading up to the big day. The wedding coordinator is extremely organized. I opted to have the staff... Read More set up my decorations and they did it exactly how I had pictured. The banquet hall held all my guests comfortably, everyone raved about the food (the winery is well-known for having great wedding food), and my guests loved being able to explore the grounds in the evening. The wait staff did a great job plating the meals and keeping everyone's glasses full and tables neat. As a bride, the reception venue was the most stressful choice I had to make but Kickapoo Creek Winery ensured that I had a beautiful reception.

2016-08-23T09:35:36 Response from the vendor

We absolutely loved working with you and your family during the process of planning your wedding. It is Brides like you that make our job easy and fun. We wish you and Mark nothing but the best in your future as Mr. & Mrs.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 josh w

An absolutely beautiful place to have both your ceremony and reception. We planned our wedding in just 5 short months so if you think it can't be done, trust me, IT CAN! I can also say that just about every one of our guests raved about the food! We did a split plate option... Read More with filet mignon and chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans, and a vegetarian option of the butternut squash ravioli with green beans; both of which were AMAZING! The steak was so tender it could be cut with a butter knife. Seriously, nothing but good things to say about dinner, it was delicious. We had two bar tenders, they were both awesome. My only reason for giving 4 stars instead of 5 is that I thought communication could have been better with the wedding coordinator. I felt like our final meeting lasted longer than necessary because details that had already been discussed were not documented on the venues end. We had to fix table numbers several times during set-up because they were not placed correctly. Otherwise, everything went very well. I would absolutely recommend having your wedding here.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Kaitlyn O

The winery was the perfect place for my husband and me. We loved working with Cindy and Emily. Any questions we had, they were there to answer them. Very friendly and professional. Our wedding day was perfect.

2016-11-16T11:07:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. We love what we do and when we have such a great couple to work with, it makes it even greater. We wish you the very best in your life as Mr. & Mrs.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Erin K

Our experience at Kickapoo Creek Winery was amazing! Our day was so beautiful! Throughout the whole planning process the staff at Kickapoo was extremely helpful! I'm so glad we chose Kickapoo for our wedding and reception! Also the food was AMAZING!

2016-11-08T07:48:14 Response from the vendor

Thank You so much for the kind words. We love what we do, so it doesn't even seem like a job most of the time. You were awesome to work with and loved everything about your day from beginning to the end. We wish you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jennifer S

Everything was beautiful. Thanks

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Kerri A

The venue was absolutely beautiful. The coordinators did an amazing job working with us. The food was the best we ever had at any wedding event. The whole day went as planned and we couldn't have been happier with our experience.

2016-08-26T09:21:29 Response from the vendor

Thank You, we always do our best to give every wedding couple a day to remember. We have a great Chef and staff who do a fantastic job. Wishing you all the best in your life together!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Michelle D

I am going to leave a detailed review so bear with me! I booked my wedding about 1.5 years out due to a long engagement so booking the venue was a breeze! I had no competition with dates, etc. The communication with Cindy was very easy either through email or phone and I always... Read More had my questions answered. I attended the food tasting event in November with my fiance and both of our parents to trial all of the food for our reception which was an awesome idea and I am so glad we attended. We chose our food options on that day and it really decreased a lot of potential stress. As for the entire reception planning process, I did everything myself and I just had to clear certain details with Cindy or Emily to make sure that I could decorate with certain decorations, etc. They were always very helpful and I never felt like I was limited in what I wanted to do. One moderately large snaffu occurred when a nearby reception venue's pipes burst and all of those brides had no reception venue - this occured less than one month prior to my wedding date. It turned out that a bride had my same wedding date and wanted KCW for their last minute reception venue switch. The winery accepted her decision prior to me being warned which I was a little thrown off by, even though nothing in the contract that I signed mentioned that, so I know I can't be upset about that. But, even more, I had planned on my cocktail hour being in the pavilion - and now that bride's whole reception was taking place in the pavilion - so I was actually forced out of that space. I was very upset and emotional for a few days BUT Cindy and Emily assured me that they would do everything they could to keep the weddings separate and they definitely made that happen! The day of, everything seemed to move smoothly and my wedding party and I still got all of the pictures on the grounds that we wanted, our cocktail hour was moved on to the outdoor patio which the guests seemed to like a lot, and once the reception got started and the guests were moved into the ballroom, I had no idea there was another wedding reception going on several feet away. They really delivered after initially breaking my trust. I felt like my entire reception was absolutely beautiful! Also, I should mention I was able to drop off all of my DIY centerpieces in several totes 3 days prior to the reception and Emily set everything up super early in the week (super convenient and it was nice to clean out my house several days before the wedding). I was even able to come out to visit the space with all of our decorations inside prior to the day, which was super special for me. Overall, our reception was absolutely beautiful and the best combination of down to earth, rustic and classy all in one spot! I would have my reception here again and I do not regret my decision one bit. Also, my photographer loved shooting us in the vines that are on the property and there was a bridge that we posed on with our entire wedding party. It was so rustic and beautiful! A small amount of advice would be to remember that there is a room fee for the night on top of your dinner - just something that I did overlook initially when trying to figure out how much the whole reception would cost - but this is something you will run in to at any reception venue. I hope this long read was worth it! And I hope I have inspired you to have a beautiful winery wedding :)

2016-08-24T09:12:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the nice review. It was definitely a busy day for us at the winery. I won't lie and say that I wasn't a bit nervous going into the day. However, everything seemed to go flawless and a great part of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Jenna M

Amazing!!! They were awesome and so helpful! WELL worth the price!

2016-06-10T12:49:39 Response from the vendor

We always try very hard to give our very best for each and every event. We always want the Bride and Groom to walk away with memories of the best day as they begin their lives as Mr. & Mrs. It is always fun to... Read Less Read More

Beautiful setting, terrible wedding coordinator

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Kim F

My husband and I were thrilled when we visited the winery for the first time. It was the perfect place for our wedding. We wanted an outdoor wedding and reception and the winery was a beautiful setting for this! We loved the scenery and the outdoor pavilion allowed us to have... Read More our reception outside. The weather was perfect for our wedding so overall we could not have been happier with the location itself. We also love the wine at Kickapoo and our guests did too. Now for the downside....we were extremely disappointed in the wedding coordinator at the winery, Cindy. We felt like she dropped the ball on many things the day of the wedding. Our ceremony was at 4:30 and she had told us that the grape train would start shuttling our guests between 3:30-4:00 to make sure there was time to make enough trips to get everyone to the ceremony site. However, 4:00 rolled around, our guests were overflowing in the tasting room and Cindy was no where to be found and the shuttle was not yet running. My husband had to track her down to ask her to start shuttling our guests to the ceremony. As a result our ceremony did not start on time. Then we girls were the last to be shuttled out and we realized that the wagon for the ring bearers was sitting in the parking lot and needed to be at the ceremony site. Again, Cindy was supposed to deliver this and failed to. We had to ask her to take it out moments before the ceremony was to start. After the ceremony the wedding party was going to take the shuttle around the property to take pictures and we had purchased beer from the winery that Cindy was going to have ready for us in coolers to take on the shuttle. She forgot the coolers and had to go back and get them as we waited and got further behind schedule. When it was time to cut the cake there was no cake knife, which Cindy was supposed to supply. We had to use a butter knife to cut the cake. Also, approximately 10 min. prior to our ceremony we girls were in the "bridal room" and Cindy came in to tell us that we needed to get out of the room because there was a business presentation starting soon and we could not interrupt them. I'm sorry, when I signed up to spend thousands of dollars at your winery I was told I would have use of the bridal room on my wedding day, but suddenly a corporate presentation became more important 10 min before I walked down the aisle as she asked us to move all of our stuff out of the room! She took us to another room, that appeared to be a janitor's room and said we could use that room instead! Are you kidding me!?! These may seem like small details, but the point is that as the wedding coordinator, Cindy is responsible for making sure the day runs smoothly and taking care of all of the little details that we should not have had to worry about on our wedding day. She failed miserably at doing her job that day. Overall, we can't say enough good things about the winery itself, but the unnecessary headaches caused by Cindy were extremely disappointing considering the amount of time and money that goes into a wedding and the fact that we had several meetings with Cindy prior to the wedding to hash out all of the details only to have her drop the ball on many of them. Regardless of the poor impression Cindy left, I would still recommend the winery to anyone for a wedding/reception venue. I would just hope for the sake of future brides and grooms that they find a new wedding coordinator!

2015-10-28T10:49:08 Response from the vendor

I am really sorry that I did not give you the qualilty that you deserved on your wedding day. We always try to give the Brides & Grooms the best day of their life. We do over 40 weddings a year and occasionally things are... Read Less Read More

Perfect venue!

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Kim S

Not only is KCW a beautiful, well-maintained venue, but the staff was also so wonderful to work with. Cindy helped up with our reception and Steve helped us to plan our rehearsal dinner, which was also on site. It was a great experience all around and would recommend KCW to... Read More anything wanting to plan the perfect wedding.

Did not receive service paid for

Reviewed on 12/05/2014

Simply put...our daughter was married at KCW, we purchased a 4hour hosted bar along with our dinner reception. We were provided with a very rude bartender who proceeded to charge our guests without explaining the "hosted bar"options, as they had neglected to place their signs... Read More out explaining such. She repeatedly requested that they must use their party favor glasses for a beer or they would have to also pay for that. When this was brought to the coordinators attention, she said there was nothing she could do. After four written attempts, I finally received a call back from the manager, but was basically told that it was my word against his bartenders, he was courteous but in no way offered to refund the four hour hosted bar. Which by contract , was a service we paid for in advance and good faith . We had no reason up to this point to doubt the integrity of KCW. HOWEVER, INTEGRITY,is something they seem to be lacking

Excellent

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Gina S

This venue was PERFECT. It was exactly what I wanted. The fruit flies were bad, but that is seasonal and they only affected the cocktail hour area. I thoroughly enjoyed this venue!

Beautiful Winery Wedding!

Reviewed on 2/27/2014 bailey f

My husband and I's wedding was last August 2013, and we had both our ceremony and reception at Kickapoo Creek Winery. We knew when we first got engaged that we wanted to have our wedding at a winery and KCW was among one of the first venues we explored as an option after hearing... Read More about it from a friend. we instantly fell in love the first time we visited and decided to book our wedding there. Having the ceremony and reception at one location was definitely a plus and wouldn't have had it any other way. We got married on a beautiful, late August day under the Winery's outdoor, covered Pavillion. The lighting was so awesome for pictures and our guests loved the feeling of being outdoors, but having shade from the sun. One really cool feature was having a cocktail/appetizer hour in between our ceremony and reception under the covered pavillion for our guests while our families and wedding party went out on the grounds and took all of our pictures (soo many amazing places for photos). Our reception of course was in the reception hall, and it looked amazing with the uplighting and decorations. The Dance floor and layout was perfect and we absolutely LOVED the big oak bar with the wine/lighting in the background. The food was delicious, especially the prime rib that we had on our menu. We received many compliments from our guests that it was "the best food they'd ever had at a wedding." We also loved knowing that our guests wouldn't have to travel or wait in between our events, and we also set up a nearby hotel shuttle to pick them up after the reception. Working with KCW was a great experience as well, we traveled over several times to meet with the banquet/wedding coordinators and always felt everything would be handled for us and the staff is very friendly. Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better day, venue or experience for our wedding! We would definitely recommend KCW for a wedding venue :-)

Very Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 10/06/2012 Elizabeth L

Kickapoo Creek Winery was a great place to have our wedding! We had the ceremony outside, which was absolutely beautiful! I loved knowing that if it rained we had the option of having out ceremony in their pavilion! Also, our wedding photos were absolutely beautiful because... Read More they have such beautiful grounds. We had so many compliments on everything. The food was delicious! And I also loved that we had a cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception. It gave people something to do while we took pictures! The staff was very helpful throughout the whole process, we just loved Cindy! Kickapoo Creek Winery was an amazing place to have a wedding and I totally recommend it!

BEAUTIFUL VENUE AND AWESOME STAFF!

Reviewed on 10/03/2011 Carissa P

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue! We loved that everything was on site... ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception! Also, the grounds of the winery were absolutely gorgeous in our pictures!! The staff and service was top notch and the food was AMAZING!

Beautiful place!

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Carrie B

They do a wonderful job at Kickapoo Creek! The food, wine and the staff are all amazing! The only reason I gave a 4 is because they cut off the bar a lot earlier than they were supposed to at my wedding and started charging our guests for drinks when we paid for the 4 hour... Read More package. Other than that I am happy we had our ceremony and reception there, great place!

awesome venue!

Reviewed on 6/08/2011 Shelby P

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at Kickapoo creek winery. They were very professional and organized. They made my wedding day stress free! They did all the setup and picked up everything. The only negative I have is that you have to spend at least $4000 just on food for... Read More the reception, no matter how many guest, but it's well worth it! I loved this venue. They had a great setup. We got married outside, then had a cocktail hour outside in their pavilion, then went inside for the dinner reception. They had a nice room off the banquet room for the bride and bridesmaids to get dress in. That worked out really well. Overall great place and I highly recommend it.

poor service up front

Reviewed on 11/21/2010 Emily R

The food and wine were delicious! We also loved the way they set the room up for us! However, less than one month before our wedding, they sent us a new contract with new prices for food, alcohol, room rental fees, etc without any notice. That was very unprofessional and poor... Read More service on their part. They raised our food prices $1 per plate only 1 month before our wedding. They were also not very good about returning calls or emails related to the new contract.

Winery wedding

Reviewed on 11/02/2010 Christine G

They would very nice to work with and extremely professional.

Rating for Kickapoo Creek Winery