Kimberly Chau Photography

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Houston, TX

Wonderful wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 4/24/2014

Kimberly photographed our wedding just over two weeks ago and has already finished editing our photos! My husband and I do not particularly like being photographed, but we absolutely love our wedding photos. I first learned of Kimberly last year when I saw a few photos she had taken of my nieces. I remember being struck by the framing and lighting of the shots and how great they looked even though they were informal pictures. She has a terrific eye for detail and for what works, and the proof is in the pictures. Aside from being a pure pleasure to work with, Kimberly is very responsive, efficient, and provides great value. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 2/10/2014 Xuan L

Kimberly was a pleasure to work with! She is very detailed oriented and will have your wedding day photography planned down to the minute. You will definitely get all the shots you asked for...artistic ones, intimate moments and gorgeous details that might have gone unnoticed. She made my wedding party feel so at ease and I am still receiving compliments on the beautiful pictures. Pick her for your special day!!!

Amazing Clarity and Quality

Reviewed on 12/06/2013

I am a photographer and I was EXTREMELY picky about my photo services but she was perfect!

By far, the best decision we could have made for our wedding

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Vanessa R

Words can't describe how lucky we are to have found Kimberly Chau to be our wedding photographer. From the very beginning when I inquired about her services to the last stages of her working with us on our wedding album, she is the epitome of professionalism. We had a destination wedding in Puerto Rico so finding a photographer posed quite the challenge. Should we find a local photographer and fly them out to the wedding? Or should we hire a stranger in Puerto Rico and hope for the best? Ultimately, when we met with Kimberly, she made the decision pretty easy for us. We got comfortable with her during our engagement session here at home, so by the time we met her in Puerto Rico for the wedding, it was simply great seeing a familiar face. Her vision is absolutely exquisite. She can do no wrong.

Professional and Sweet!

Reviewed on 5/19/2013 Harriet D

Kimberly was such a pleasure to work with throughout our planning process. She was responsive to my e-mails, and sent me reminders to important events. Those are appreciated because even though I am super organized, things can get lost in the jumble of wedding planning. She was always on time to everything. She also sent us little cards throughout our planning process reminding us to enjoy each other and to have fun. She even sent us a little gift on Valentine's Day, and we thought that was a really thoughtful gesture. On the day of the wedding, she came through in a jam. Our limo didn't arrive to the church to take us to the reception because it was hailing and flooding, so many of the highways were shut down. She drove us over to the reception in her small car no questions asked and got us there without any delay. Her pictures turned out beautifully, and I love her photojournalistic style. She is highly professional but also so sweet. I loved working with her, and I would recommend her to anyone.

Great photographer!

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Patrick T

We thoroughly enjoyed having Kimberly as our photographer. She made it a point to really let each of our personalities come through during the pictures. During the shoots, both engagement and wedding day, she was very professional and organized. She really kept a tight schedule and helped everything go smoothly. As an added bonus, her turnaround time and pricing are very good too. If you're shopping around photographers, I suggest you book her ASAP if she has an opening. You won't regret it!

Awesome photographer!

Reviewed on 2/23/2012 Meilizza P

Kimberly was such a sweetheart an awesome photographer at my wedding and engagement session! My original photographer couldn't shoot my wedding so she suggested Kimberly. She came along during my engagement session for a trial run and took pictures right along with my original photographer. As soon as we got a few of the shots back, we made the decision to go with her and have not regretted it! She took great candid pictures which was very important to me and even stayed later than she had to.

Wonderful Photographer!

Reviewed on 12/08/2011 Melissa F

Kimberly's photos are creative and beautiful. She gives clear directions was there for all the best shots at the wedding and reception.

Talented & Professional

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 RG B

I found Kimberly rated high (#3) in one of Houston's yearly polls. After seeing her work and deciding her style would be a good fit for us, we booked her for our engagements and wedding. We later booked her to do my wife's bridal portraits. She is great to work with and we were very comfortable with her. Kimberly is a young talent honing her craft so those who have an opportunity to work with her now will have the advantage of the value she provides. She has a gift for truly capturing the emotions of a very special time. Haven't seen the photos from our wedding yet, but definitely looking forward to them.

Kelly & Matt - Engagements & Wedding

Reviewed on 9/09/2011 Kelly C

Kim was the perfect photographer. We used her services for both our engagement photos and wedding, and I could no thave asked for anyone better. Kim's pictures are absolutely amazing, and really captured not only our wedding, but also our personalities. I would recommend Kimberly to anyone, and have already handed out her information to several friends.

The best!

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 Grace Z

My fiance and I were not sure what to expect because we had never been photographed before! Kimberly is so sweet, and she goes out of her way to get to know you, just to ensure that your pictures really reflect your personality. She is passionate about what she does, and it really shows! She is very pleasant to work with, and has lots of creative ideas! I wanted to incorporate our dog into our engagement pictures, and she was great with him as well! I will never hesitate to recommend Kimberly to everyone I know, she very talented, and she went above and beyond all our expectations.

Far above expectations

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 Erin C

I was blown away by Kimberly Chau. She was so intentional to get to know us and who we were. She wanted to bring out our personalities in the photos and she succeeded! Her prices are incredibly and allowed me to just enjoy the whole experience. I brought several outfis to the shoot and when I arrived Kimberly put the clothes together in a way I never would have...and they looked GREAT! My only regret was not bringing her along on my destination wedding to do those photos! I will use her in the future for sure and will continue to recommend her to family and friends!

Sweet girl with colorful photos!

Reviewed on 5/06/2011 Laura S

For starters, my wedding got pushed up over a year because DH and I found out we were expecting! I had less than 2 months to re-plan everything, including finding a different photographer on my new budget... I stumbled upon Kimberly and will admit I was nervous. (I loved the one I chose but couldn't afford him anymore). Well, I got on her site, saw her pics and put my faith in her! I could not be more glad that I did!!! She came in, quiet and totally inobstrusive. She's shy but it was great! My original guy was outgoing which I now know at your wedding, the last thing you want is a loud photographer in your face. I barely knew she was there.. took a TON of great photos. Some colorful and quirky, some "rich" looking and a good mix of cute staged and candid photos! I'll admit "editing" only 2 photos she took and that was to make them black and white to blow them up and print them!! My wedding was totally diy and super last minute (wanted to stay non-pregnant looking for my wedding photos) but her photos made my wedding look 10x more amazing than it was!! She did a fantastic job and I could not be more satisfied! My wedding was nothing like I had dreamed but photographed amazingly. I feel like the old saying 'everything happens for a reason' is so true... I lost the wedding of my dreams but now have a beautiful perfect baby girl, wonderful husband and fan-tastic photos of our special day! I would recommend her highly! (Especially if you're not interested in paying $5000 for photos..) Thanks Kimberly!!

Perfect

Reviewed on 1/11/2011 Kayleigh M

I believe when planning a wedding on a budget the first thing to do is figure out what is most important. For me since I knew I was going to be doing a lot of DIY and subsequently saving money this way I was able to hire Kimberly for my wedding. This was the best wedding decision I could have made, pictures are the one thing from a wedding that will truly last so I decided to make it a top priority. We did an engagement shoot, a bridal shoot and an after shoot following the wedding and all of these pictures will last a lifetime, she was able to capture moments in our lives that I will forever cherish. Kimberly is very fun to work with, she has so many creative ideas and such an easy going personality. She traveled from Houston to my South Padre beach wedding and was more than eager to do so. Having her around felt like another member of my wedding party, just another girlfriend hanging out with us. I could not recommend her enough, if you are in Houston or a surrounding city definitely consider Kimberly, you will not be disappointed!

Photographer

Reviewed on 12/08/2010 Christine Q

She was very detail oriented and punctual. Very pleasant to work with.

TO Kimberly Chau Photography