Kim's Cottage Confections

Serving all of CT, CT

16 Main St , Serving all of CT, CT (860) 349-2256

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Brittany G

The cake that Kim made as part of our Riverhouse catering package was beautiful! From the moment I met with Kim to try some cake samples, I knew that she was the right cake vendor for us. She took time to understand my vision for our wedding cake and completely executed on that... Read More vision. Our cake was simple and elegant and matched our color scheme perfectly. Not to mention, it was delicious! I highly recommend Kim!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Elissa W

Kim's Cottage Confections made the cake and favors for our wedding. Everyone said how much they loved our baked goods. We enjoyed our cake so much that we had the top for breakfast the next day and ate the remaining cookies (shaped as wine glasses and wine bottles) over the next... Read More two days. The process of picking out our cake was fun and delicious! All the options tasted amazing and it was hard to pick just one (we were told we could pick more than one filling if we wanted).

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Madison B

We had to make a last minute cake decision as plans changed and Kim's Cottage Confections was very helpful. Ordering our cake through them was painless and stress-free! Our cake showed up on our wedding day just as I imagined. Love that they delivered it to our venue and we... Read More didn't have to worry about it.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Marissa W

We had two choices for our wedding venue and we are so thrilled that we went with Kim! Her cake was moist and she was super accommodating. We called her about a month before the wedding and wanted our monogram added and she did a fabulous job. Her cake looked just like the... Read More picture we put together. I enjoyed her tasting and she was helpful but not pushy like some other cake vendors were. I'm so glad we went with Kim. Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Katie S

I LOVED my wedding cake from Kim's Cottage Confections. When my mom and I went in for the cake tasting, we were blown away by how delicious all the cakes were that we tried (and we got to try 6 cakes with 6 different fillings!). Even the 6 we tried were only about 1/3 of the... Read More cake and filling options Kim has available. We had a 4 tier wedding cake and were able to have 2 different kinds of cake in different tiers. We went with a carrot cake with cream cheese filling and a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse. We got compliments on both, but people particularly loved the chocolate cake with chocolate mousse! We ended up going with an exact replica of a cake that was in Kim's 'show room' because we loved it so much and she re-created it perfectly. Thank you Kim, the cake was delicious and the presentation was beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Jessica P

We met Kim at the RH bridal show and loved her cake and we scheduled our tasting. The tasting went great and we ordered a four tier, round marble cake with a chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream. I called the week before the wedding to confirm that the cake could be... Read More delivered. The cake that was delivered was not what I ordered. And the topper was so crooked that the first thing my husband said when he saw it was "that is crooked and looks bad" and he isn't the most observant and person.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Christine P

The cake Kim made was part of the package for my wedding. I met Kim at my venue's food tasting and enjoyed her cake designs the best out of the vendors there. I called her after the tasting to set up an appointment time with her. I had a few ideas of what I wanted and brought... Read More them with me. For the consultation we first went over the different cake flavors. I am not a sweet-tooth type of person by any means so Kim made sure to point out the more savory cakes that she thought I would like. My husband came with me to the tasting since he enjoys sweets way more than me. He enjoyed all the cakes and as Kim predicted I enjoyed the more savory ones she brought out. She was very professional and courteous. Once we decided on the flavors (we went with double chocolate and a lemon cake with raspberry filling) we moved on to the design. Kim had a detailed sheet with her so as we talked and I showed her pictures of what I liked, she took notes and made sure to ask detailed questions. She answered all my questions about the cake topper and decorations. I found her to be very professional and willing to spend as much time as needed with me and my husband. The cake was exactly what I asked for in terms of the design. The flavor and cake itself was absolutely amazing and delicious. Very moist and flavorful!! Kim is amazing at what she does.

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 melanie c

My venue has 2 cake vendors to choose from and I'm so glad both were at their bridal show so I could try the cakes there first. Hands down, Kim had the best cakes. All the kinds we tried were great (we chose a chocolate chip cake with a cannoli cream filling). And he decorating... Read More skills are just as great as her cakes. And if you wish, for an additional charge, you can get your pet on the cake in fondant! I just sent a couple pictures and she made a dog look just like mine come out of the bottom layer of the cake (check out her Instagram, many people have done it).

Kim went above and beyond our expectations!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Soni G

Our wedding venue included a cake from one of two vendors. One was Kim, and I'm so glad. At the consult meeting there were more than enough samples which honestly made choosing flavors kind of difficult. They were all very good. We went with amaretto with almond cream and... Read More chocolate with chocolate mousse. We had several guests tell us that they had never tasted such awesome wedding cake. In the package with our venue a buttercream cake was included, but you could choose to upgrade. When we had our meeting with Kim she looked at some pictures we had seen, and said that we could choose to have a 3 tiered cake instead of a 4 tiered cake, and have one undecorated tier to avoid paying extra. We had a music themed wedding, so Kim decoupaged sheet music to one of our favorite songs that she printed on edible paper all over the top and bottom layers. When I saw the title of the song when we cut the cake I was choked up; it was perfect. She matched a ribbon on the second layer to my maid of honor's dress perfectly. My fiancé had mentioned a few weeks before the wedding that he was nervous about the cake because we met with her almost a year in advance and we hadn't really been in touch throughout the year. I had sent her the pdf of the sheet music but that was pretty much it. When he saw the cake for the first time he was completely blown away. It was unlike anything we had ever seen and honestly so much better than the Pintrest photos we had shown her. Additionally her ability to make it work with buttercream so that we didn't have to deal with the taste of fondant was marvelous. The cake looked extremely smooth and elegant, it tasted as delicious as it looked. I honestly ate way more than I should of the week after the wedding, we had more than enough left over in addition to the entire top tier.

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Eileen C

Kim created a delicious and stunning masterpiece of culinary perfection. Our beach theme and colors were well-represented in this elegant and delicious cake. Her ability to utilize multiple flavor profiles assured that all who partook in the reception were not disappointed.

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Amanda N

Kim’s cake is DELICIOUS. Once you taste the cake, you won’t want to go to anyone else. I showed her a picture of what I wanted to for our wedding cake and she went above and beyond and make it even more beautiful than the picture! People are still raving about the cake and we... Read More are so excited to have the top tier to enjoy next year!

Beautiful cupcakes!!

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Sarah R

Kim's was included in our package at the Society Room of Hartford. They worked with me and my family to make sure our vision for our movie themed wedding was perfect!! We had 3 different flavors of cupcakes and a mini cake on top of our cupcake display. I made my own cake... Read More topper, and they artfully put it in place on our minicake display for everyone to see. They used fondant for our top cake and buttercream frosting for the cupcakes. I loved the way the cupcakes looked, and the guests really enjoyed them. However, I did not feel that the cupcakes were as moist or tasted the way they did at the tasting. They were still very good, just not oh-my-god good. I was happiest that they looked exactly the way I wanted them to, and the guests raved about them. We also used their white-chocolate popcorn for our candy bar as favors for our guests. Now, the popcorn was absolutely oh-my-god GOOD! I ate it after the wedding for days and the guests LOVED it. Overall, Kim's was the right choice for us at the Society Room and they worked with us to make our theme really work with their cake.

Delicious Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Kim K

We chose Kim's Cottage Confections after an initial tasting, as she was one of the vendors included in our catering package. The tasting appointment at their shop was a breeze and the cake was delivered on our wedding day exactly as specified. We decided on a buttercream... Read More marble cake with an oreo filling and it was even more delicious than we remembered! It was very fresh and beautifully decorated.

Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Jennifer S

Our cake from Kim was beautiful! It looked exactly like the model one we saw. The guests raved about the cake and how moist it was. It really made a statement and added to the look of the wedding. Thanks Kim!

delish!

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Angela T

The cake was delish and the team was easy to work with. we selected a cake that was actually on display in their shop when we went for the tasting so we didn't have too many details for them but it came out great. The scroll detailed frosting looked a little baby blue when it... Read More should have been gray, but it wasn't anything that ruined my day. the cake was moist and we were able to choose 2 different flavors so we were both happy and got what we wanted.

Just Simply Delicious!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Brittany V

Kim's Cottage Confections was recommended by my venue. We used them for our June, 2014 wedding. At our consultation, they had many cake displays as well as many picture books- they options were endless. I recommend coming with an idea in mind since it was a bit overwhelming.... Read More Luckily, I had a picture in my mind and they were able to draw it out for me. They made it fun and I was amazed at how much they can do. The different cakes were really divine. My husband is not a strawberry fan at all but he ended up wanting a vanilla cake with strawberry filling! It was so delicious. We went with two cakes for the different tiers- a chocolate cake with an Oreo filling and a vanilla cake with the strawberry filling. I always felt that at weddings, the cake is not the best. However, Kim's Cottage Confections completely changed my perspective on wedding cakes. On the wedding day, the cake tasted exactly as it did the day of our consultation. I was satisfied with every bite. Guests truly enjoyed the flavors. I will indefinitely use them again for future events and I recommend them for your wedding day!

Totally Disappointed & Lack of Professionalism

Reviewed on 8/03/2014

We chose KCC cause she was one of the four Bakery's we had to chose from through our venue. My niece was my wedding planner and took care of calling and setting up our cake tasting appt. My niece called and left a message three times before actually getting to speak to... Read More someone. Cake tasting went good. Cake Flavor's and filling's were delicious I'll give her that. We chose our flavor, filling, shape, and details on the cake. which was all layers to have the cornelli lace, all layers to have a strip of fuchsia ribbon with strip of Rhinestones, and Pink star glazer lilies (real or silk) one on each tier. Before leaving she re-read the order to be sure it was correct. Three weeks before the wedding my niece called Kim again just to touch base and also let her know that we had choosing the silk lilies cause real one are poisonous and we didn't want to have to remove the center of the flower. She was told in detail everything that would be left at the venue for the cake table. My niece asked for a call back to confirm everything was set. NO CALL BACK! Wedding day my niece went to check on the cake that was delivered and table set up. Kim/delivery person was gone. Table was not set up as asked. NO CORNELLI LACE on the cake, NO FLOWERS on the cake, no lily petals spread around the cake table in between votive holders as asked. Cake was crooked on the stand, just looked like it was thrown together fast. Many imperfections on her frosting job as well. Not smooth and a lot dents. If she had in fact did the Cornelli lace it would've hid her imperfections. My niece does cakes, so she noticed all the mistakes. The positive thing we can say is that the cake was moist. My niece called her 7/21/14 and once again had to leave a message. Kim didn't return her call I believe until 7/23/14. She really didn't care that the cake was NOT complete. She tried to blame it on the person that delivered the cake. My niece told her " the delivery person isn't responsible for putting the Cornelli lace on the cake...YOU ARE!" She still pushed the blame on others which was infuriating my niece. She sarcastically apologized but did NOT seem to care that she ruined my wedding cake.

Delicious

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Kristen S

We used Kim's because she was one of the three cake vendors that my venue uses. Her cakes are delicious. We were deciding between the Amaretto cake and the red velvet. We ended up picking the red velvet and it was the right choice. Everyone loved the cake and we ate the top... Read More layer when we got back from the honeymoon. We couldn't wait a year!

Simply Wonderful

Reviewed on 6/05/2014 Ashley C

Had our wedding May 17th. When I saw our cake is was exactly like we wanted. It was beautifully done, tasted fantastic. The chocolate cake was rich without being over powering. The White was light and soft. Everyone was really happy. I will recommend Kim's to anyone

Beautiful and tastful wedding cake

Reviewed on 5/28/2014 Vanessa D

Kim's Cottage was the perfect choice for us when it came to choosing our wedding cake. We had two different wedding cake vendors to choose from and we happily chose Kim's Cottage because her cakes are so delicious, I loved her designs and Kim was a delight to work with. Kim is... Read More so sweet just like her cakes! Thank you!

2014-05-29T08:47:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. It is our pleasure to make your wedding day just a bit sweeter! All the best, Kim

Disappointed

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Samantha L

The cake I chose was one of their display cakes plus I gave them a color swatch and picture. My cake still had lots of detail and design but they forgot to add flowers. I had on big flower as my cake topper which I was charged extra for. There were supposed to be smaller... Read More matching flowers on the other tiers of the cake. This was not done and the color was not as dark as I was expecting. When I called after my wedding to tell them their excuse was that it was a Sunday so her assistant was sent to setup the quick. The flowers are not assembled until they deliver the cake. Kim says they probably just took all the flowers and put them on top which was untrue. There was one big flower on top. I told her I wanted some of my money back and she said she couldn't do that. Kim will give me a $50.00 credit for something in the future. I do not recommend this vendor. They cannot even replicate a cake they have on their own display and I spent a lot of money on my cake.

Yummy and Pretty

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Nicole B

Kim is great. She is straight to the point no nonsense baker. She listens and gets it. We were so happy. Cakes are yummy and they are beautiful to look at.

Wonderful Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 eleni k

I was referred to Kim's from CT Wedding Group and I am so glad Kim's did our wedding cake. Meeting for my tasting was great. I was able to pick two great flavors, chocolate espresso and red velvet with white chocolate mousse. The buttercream outside was tasty, and smooth. My... Read More anchor cake that she crafted up was exactly what we pictured and tasted great. The cake was light and super moist, fresh, fresh, fresh. Kim's also did a special groom cake which tasted great and was very artist. This bakery has great skill, so if you are looking for a great tasting cake that is beautiful go to Kim's.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Katie

So glad we went with Kim! The chocolate chip cake was delicious and her detail work on the cake was outstanding. Truly beautiful!

Perfect Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Kristen O

Kim's Cottage Confections did an amazing job with my wedding cake. I had the opportunity to taste a lot of her cakes at our food tasting at my wedding venue, but I also went in to her shop and tasted other yummy cakes one Saturday afternoon. The cake looked exactly like I wanted... Read More it to look and it was absolutely delicious. I would recommend her cakes to anyone. Thanks again Kim!