So happy you stopped by!

Hi! I am a Seattle based wedding and portrait photographer I love storytelling, chasing fleeting moments, and light. My style is a blend of photojournalism and thoughtfully curated portraits. Every wedding is such an important day and such an honor and privilege for me to capture. I love all the pieces that make up a wedding, from the little embellishments to the shared glances. I am there to soak it all up. I am happy to custom tailor collections to fit your photography needs.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Seattle, WA | Baltimore, MD (321) 356-0147
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Olga P

Kirsten is the most friendly professional photographer you will ever meet. She has a trained and talented eye for truly wonderful shots and catching small moments that otherwise would have been missed (like the photo of my mom crying, framed between my dad and I during our... Read More father-daughter dance... what a great shot). She has a knack for making people feel super comfortable with her around. Because we had an engagement shoot already on our belts with her, when she arrived (over an hour early!) on the day of our wedding I felt like I was welcoming a friend. She works really hard to ensure that you get what you envisioned on your wedding day. We had multiple locations that we did photos at and she was thoroughly organized and planned well in advance ensuring us lots of time to wander around. Kirsten got compliments not only from my husband and I, but also our vendors and guests. My family loved her, they said they felt like she was a family friend and loved having her there taking in the intimate moments. My hair designer told me she was one of the best photographers she has met in the business because of the way she makes everyone feel comfortable and happy. I can't imagine working with someone who made me feel stressed! And even my hyper organized and very professional wedding planner, Julia Pavlovski, of Wedding Wise Seattle, had rave reviews for her. I am so happy that we found her and got to be one of her first weddings in the Seattle area. Seattle is certainly lucky to have her! <3

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Katie B

Can I give 10 stars? Kirsten was everything we could've asked for in a wedding photographer and more. Her warm personality and professionalism put me at ease from the moment of our first conversation, and throughout our subsequent interactions she maintained a cheerful but... Read More professional demeanor that helped us have fun while still keeping us on track. She was flexible with our disorganization and falling off schedule, and went above and beyond to scout out the venue and our rehearsal, and even gave us some pointers as we were running through it. Extremely organized and professional, takes beautiful photos (even of non-photogenic people like us!), and just a really wonderful person. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Sam O

Kirsten is extremely talented, hard-working, generous, and friendly. She also has a lot of experience. My partner and I loved our photographs, loved our album design, and--perhaps most important of all--loved having Kirsten at our celebration. She made our friends and family... Read More feel comfortable and left all our guests smiling. She was also a great listener and very accommodating in terms of timing, staging, and transitioning from one thing to the next. The two of us met briefly with a handful of other photographers, but none of them came close to Kirsten in their professionalism or charisma. Thanks so much, Kirsten Marie Photography. All the very best in Seattle--Maryland will miss you!

2017-03-09T15:39:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! What a lovely and kind note to get. Wishing you both such a wonderful 1st year of marriage. So happy to have met you both and been able to share in your day

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Kaila D

Kirsten was our favorite vendor we hired - we are so unbelievably happy we found her. We planned our Seattle wedding remotely and working with Kirsten made it all so much more smooth. She is warm & genuine and the moment I spoke on the phone with her I knew she had the energy I... Read More needed on my big day. Our first meeting over coffee only confirmed what an excellent choice we had made - it was like we already knew her! Her positive energy vibes shown through immediately - I remember having her at a vendor meeting that was stressful and I felt relaxed having her on my side. She also made us feel so comfortable on the day of even though we chose not to do an engagement shoot to "practice" in front of the camera. I am a bit camera shy but she brought out the best of me, my husband and all our family & friends. Her shots were stunning & had an editorial twist I wanted but also captured the feelings & energy of each part of our day perfectly. I can actually re-live the whole day through her work. We are SO happy we met such an amazing artist! Thank you Kirsten!

2017-10-15T20:54:00 Response from the vendor

Awe!!! Thank you so much, this made me tear up. I am so so happy that I was able to document your day. I felt so inspirited by your beautiful connection and amazing family and friends and knew from out first meeting we would be... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Lindsay H

I could not have been any happier that we chose Kirsten for our wedding photographer. We first did an engagement session with her, where she made us feel so comfortable. Kirsten is fun and positive - all of our bridal party even commented how much they loved her. She is an... Read More absolute pleasure to work with and is very responsive, professional, and talented!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Nicole O

Kirsten is absolutely amazing! From the first point of contact she was thoughtful, engaging, friendly and professional. She regularly checked in throughout the process and made me feel at ease the entire time- she truly cares about her clients and it shows. On the day of the... Read More wedding everything flowed seamlessly. She immediately made me feel at ease when pictures began, and as the process continued it seemed we couldn't stop laughing and smiling the entire night. She is an incredibly gifted photographer and I would highly recommend speaking with her if you are looking for the best photographer in the Seattle area. I have seen a few of our pictures and I am speechless- truly beautiful work. Thank you Kirsten for the best wedding pictures and experience I could have dreamed of!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Julie G

From our first interaction to the delivery of our full gallery Kirsten has been an absolute pleasure to work with! She captured the spirit, feel, and energy of the day so beautifully and we are in love with our pictures. I reached out to Kirsten in a panic because we had just... Read More received our engagement photos from another vendor, and they were...lackluster to say the least. Kirsten immediately put me at my ease and after getting together for lunch I knew we had found our girl! I appreciated how she took the time to have several conversations with me to get an understanding of what I was looking for in our wedding photos, what our style is, etc. It made a huge difference in the end product I know. Kirsten was flexible with her packages to accommodate how we already had done engagement photos which I really appreciated (even though we didn't love them we were most concerned about the quality of the photos on the actual wedding day). Kirsten and her assistant were such a great team and everyone commented on how easy she made the whole picture-taking process. We loved having them with us on our day! Really cannot recommend Kirsten enough she was fantastic.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Alex C

Kirsten was absolutely lovely to work with. We don't think we could have had a better experience with anyone else. She takes beautiful pictures and beyond her talent with a camera, she truly cares about the people she is photographing. We knew we had a winner when for our... Read More engagement pictures, our dog would not cooperate worth anything and kept the attention span of a fruit fly. I was stressed and convinced that we wouldn't have a single decent photo with our dog and I was sure that it could be seen written on my face. However, when the engagement photos came back you couldn't even tell that we had so much trouble. Kirsten went above and beyond to get our dog's attention and for the fractions of seconds that she got it, she managed to capture beautiful pictures of the three of us. For the wedding itself, Kirsten and her second shooter caught all of the emotion of the day in pictures that we will cherish forever. Throughout it all, she was kind, professional, responsive, flexible, and so easy to work with. We are so sad that she is moving to Seattle, but Baltimore's loss is Seattle's gain. People of Seattle, you are getting a wonderful professional photographer and person. Kirsten, we wish you all the best! A&M

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Mary L

Kirsten is just amazing and made me so happy!!!!! From the day we first talked on the phone I knew right away she got me and understood the vision I had for our wedding pictures. I knew my instinct was right when I met her for my bridal portrait. She made me feel so at ease... Read More and so beautiful!! And she did it again on our wedding day! We are in love with every single picture and reliving the magical night looking at them over and over again! She captured us so truthfully and beautifully and she was able to document the sweetest moments that we would have missed otherwise. Kirsten is incredibly creative and talented and it shows in her work. The photos are breathtaking! I could not be happier that we will have these forever!! Thank you, Kirsten!

Love her!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Laura H

I absolutely loved working with Kirsten! Everyone told me the importance of getting along with your wedding photographer and I can see why. Spending the moments leading up to your wedding with a stranger, but Kirsten becomes friends with everyone quickly. My bridesmaids and I... Read More had so much fun taking pictures with her. She makes everyone feel great and do comfortable while taking pictures. Her pictures are absolutely amazing. She was able to capture so many emotions and I am so lucky to have her amazing pictures! She is an incredibly talented photographer!

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Sarah L

Kirsten was an absolutely amazing photographer to work with. She is very friendly, professional, and makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera. I was blown away by the quality and variety of pictures we have seen from our engagement pictures and the sneak peek of... Read More our wedding photos. Kirsten was great at communication throughout the planning process, and was always willing to work with our schedule. On the day of the wedding, she was so organized and made sure we kept to a timeline. Kirsten made the picture taking process fun, and made sure to get the formal ones we needed while keeping the candid style throughout the entire day. We are so pleased with the photos we have seen so far and can’t wait to see our entire gallery! I would highly recommend Kirsten to anyone. Her work is outstanding her style is very romantic and elegant. It is important to connect with your photographer, and Kirsten is a very personable processional who will make sure to capture your day beautifully!

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Kati R

Kirsten photographed my wedding in early August. She was absolutely fantastic! Not only was she personable and fun to be around, she took amazing pictures and kept everyone organized and on schedule. She even had bobby pins to help fix my hair in the middle of my reception when... Read More it was falling out. She's fantastic! Book her today!

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2014 Lauren M

Kirsten and Mary were an amazing team. If I could do it all over again, I totally would! Everything was perfect and I got the images back really soon, but it was the offseason for weddings. Even though I didn't get to meet her before the wedding, she was very nice and personable... Read More on the phone. All of the guests raved over her and how sweet she was! Please consider her for your wedding. You won't be upset! It went so smoothly.

Amazing Photopgrapher!

Reviewed on 12/05/2013 Audrey H

Kirsten was an absolute pleasure to work with! From all of the planning details to coordinating what she needed to on the wedding day, everything went flawlessly! She responds promptly to questions or concerns, is organized, and definitely knows what she's doing. I was worried... Read More about spending too much time taking pictures and not enough actually enjoying our day, but it didn't feel like that at all. She worked very quickly without being pushy or rushing anything. She is extremely talented, all of the pictures we received were amazing. She has an artistic eye and doesn't make any of the shots seem overly posed or uncomfortable. We loved that Kirsten and the second photographer captured so many moments that we didn't even notice them there for. She was amazingly everywhere without ever being in the way. The photographs we received really speak to her talent! I can't recommend her enough!

Love her!

Reviewed on 6/16/2013 Jennifer P

I don't know where to begin. Kirsten was so easy to get along with, and was great the day of the wedding! She made sure to get all the photos we wanted with family- and was able to wrangle everyone into pictures. She had some great ideas for sweet pictures of me and the hubs -... Read More all in all, I highly recommend!

Kirsten Marie

I love the powerful and limitless emotions that make up a wedding day. My interest in photography started in the darkroom at the age of 16 and I continued my education at Savannah College of Art and Design where I received my BFA in photography. I put my heart and soul into each wedding I have the honor of documenting. I love communicating with my couples throughout the process and sharing any and all helpful tips to make your wedding day as stress free and enjoyable as possible. I can't wait to hear your story!