Hair and airbrush makeup for every occasion

Danielle DeSalvo and Brittney Chagnard Kiss and Makeup Beauty Services is an on-location hair and makeup company. We specialize in airbrush makeup and up-do's. We truly love what we do and hope to be apart of your special day! We now sell hair extensions! Email us for more information!

2832 Virginia St, Kenner, LA Serving all of Louisiana (504) 417-6808

My Big Day

Reviewed on 10/02/2014

I finally had my fairytale wedding on September 20, 2014. For the last year I have been planning and running around like crazy. One of the first things I did was book Kiss and Makeup for my big day as all of their work is beautiful and pure talent! Both Brittney and Danielle... Read More showed up on time and ready to roll, they did my hair and makeup, my Mother's and 8 of my bridesmaids as well with all hair and makeup and lashes. They came promptly at 11AM and was finished by 4:15 WITH time to spare for pictures! I would absolutely recommend them to any bride to be or special occasion where you need hair and make up done! One of my biggest fears was getting my makeup on so early for the whole hoopla and my face would be nasty and oily by the end of the night, I expressed my concerns to Brittney and she made sure to bring some special powder she uses so that I wouldn't have to worry about it and guess what? When my wedding was over I still had a perfect face full of makeup with NO oil, it was amazing! I am so happy I chose them to make my day even more special! At AND 5 STARS for this company! Thank you again to Danielle and Brittney for making my day easy and relaxing and everyone so beautiful! We truly enjoyed your presence! :) -Kate the Bride

Awesome Hair, so fast

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Lauren G

Brittney and Danielle did my hair and make up as well as my 5 bridesmaids. They listened to exactly what each of us wanted. My sister asked to change her hair at the end and they did it no problem. Everything looked amazing and they were super fast! They finish all 6 of us in... Read More about an hour and a half.... My photographer was amazed she said shes never seen hair and make up run on time, let alone an hour early.

Great work and reliable

Reviewed on 2/05/2013 Aneta H

NOLA was a destination for us, so I booked Kiss and Makeup simply by reading their reviews, and it worked out wonderfully. They do terrific work - all most all of my seven bridesmaides and five flower girls had their hair and makeup done and they ALL loved it. They are also... Read More very reliable - came to our hotel room and got everyone ready in time.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 R G

I had an April destination wedding in NOLA and therefore was not planning to do any trial runs for hair and makeup. I was so lucky to have found this company! I had both hair and makeup done for myself, and a my maid of honor had her hair done. We were worried because we wanted... Read More a more edgy rockabilly style for her, while I wanted something fun but still bridal for me. We both have hair down to our waists and mine generally refuses to hold a curl. The stylist was able to do half pulled back so I could have my rockabilly-ish flower to match my bridesmaids, with bangs twisted to the back on the other side and lovely long waves that actually stayed the entire night. My bridesmaid had an awesome victory curl to one side that looked amazing, and the other half pulled back to a rockabilly flower to match me, and loose curls. She was so happy with her style (seriously this is a big complement, she hated her hair at her own wedding years ago). I am also a low maintenance makeup style woman and anything more then eyeliner and mascara makes me feel like I'm a cake-face. My makeup was prefect, and photographed amazingly! I had so many compliments and felt like an absolute princess the entire night! My stylist showed up on time and had us ready early. This is even after my maid of honor decided she wanted fake eyelashes after seeing mine. Payment was easy with the Venmo app, which I had never used and installed specifically for this wedding. They were also quick to respond to the style and payment questions I asked via email. I can't express how happy I am with this company.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Lauren B

I wanted extensions and they purchased them on my behalf and passed the price onto me. At my bridal trial, I discovered that the hair did not even remotely match my own. I brought it up with them soon after and they said they would dye the hair to match my color. I drove all the... Read More way to Kenner from Uptown (during rush hour a day after they promised to call to arrange a time) to meet them to drop off the hair after the trial, where she took photos to match colors. I received no communication from them before wedding day, as my coordinator arranged scheduling with them, and I assumed the hair had been colored to match. The day of my wedding I was focused so much on the day itself and failed to realize that they had lied. My extensions had not been colored and remained the same copper tone against my ashy brown natural color which I did not want to "enhance" as they tried to convince me it did. It's evident in photos, which is what I most wanted to avoid, and had even sent photos taken hours after they did my trial where the color difference was evident and I expressed that I did not like it. On top of everything, 3 of the 8 people in my bridal party who paid to have their make up done by them were black, which they had assured us they could handle. However, their foundation did not match whatsoever, being almost blue or violet and with no blending at the hairline. The hairstyles were lacking in skill for sure, while costing as much as the others with lighter skintones. Another note is that while they were personable and friendly over the phone and email, their demeanor was incredibly lacking. During the trial, when I arrived they hardly acknowledged me and didn't introduce themselves while they continued personal conversations, failing to communicate at a basic level with both me and my mother when she arrived. The day of the wedding, they bordered on awkward, and ending up leaving my hair and make up to end, resulting in poorly pinned hair which couldn't be corrected until after the first look due to our timing. I do not recommend them and would have hired someone else if we had known what the experience would have been like. The reviews were positive and Brittany was very responsive on email, however we did not get to have the trial until a month beforehand and had already paid a deposit as well as for the extensions sight unseen. Bottom line: Poor business practices across the board. I would love to get a refund on the extensions and a return of the tips my bridesmaids and family felt obliged to pay before seeing the results of their hair and make up, at the very least.

2017-06-20T15:21:41 Response from the vendor

Hey, This review comes as a shock really. Firstly, we would never lie to our clients about something we didn't do. I'm sorry you felt that we were "awkward" and couldn't hold a basic conversation. During the trial and also at the wedding we felt... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Amanda W

I can't say enough about how wonderful the girls of Kiss and Makeup are. Brittney, Danielle, and Lisa are pros at what they do. Not only are they great hair/makeup artists but they are sweet and easy to work with. They made sure that my girls and I looked our best for my big day... Read More and for that I am truly grateful. Kiss and Makeup is very affordable and I HIGHLY recommend them. Thank you ladies!!!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Melissa G

I absolutely loved working with Brittany for my wedding. I'm very sensitive about how my makeup is done and she listened to my concerns and really worked with me to make me feel beautiful the day of my wedding. She was timely and friendly and kept to our hectic schedule. I would... Read More absolutely recommend giving her a try.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Devon H

These girls were excellent - they were professional, accommodating, and were open to suggestions. For both hair and makeup, they made sure that both myself, all of my bridesmaids, and my mother got exactly what they wanted. They were on time and had me ready exactly when I... Read More needed to be ready.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Becky L

Kiss & Makeup (Danielle and Brittney) were wonderful to work with. I had the exact look I wanted, and they also did an amazing job on all the ladies of the wedding! Would recommend to any bride looking for the best glam experience.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Robin S

Worked with Brittney for both my trial (which served for my engagement photos) and my wedding day, and she was excellent and accommodating of all of my requests and questions. Well-priced and professional, with a cool demeanor. I really enjoyed the work she did for me. She made... Read More me look beautiful - and for that, I believe she's a wizard. Hire her!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Aprille R

I looked better than I could have ever imagined on my wedding day, and Kiss and Makeup had a lot to do with that! I was an out of town bride but they managed to squeeze in a last minute trial request for me a few months prior to my wedding. I am so glad I did the trial as I... Read More learned 1) the airbrush makeup did not look good on me, and 2) I needed to have an up-do as my loose curls did not hold up to the NOLA humidity. So on my big day I actually did not know how things would turn out since I changed so much of what I wanted from the original trial. Lucky for me they nailed it! My husband still talks about how perfect my makeup looked that day, and wants me to ask them what brand of foundation they used so I can get some. My hair was exactly what I wanted, and both hair and makeup held up all night until we finally stopped partying around 4:00am! As long as you have good pictures of the look you want (Pinterest is great), and are realistic about what your hair can actually do, they will make it happen! Thanks Kiss and Makeup!

2016-09-26T22:12:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much ! ☺️ You were such a pleasure !

Absolutely Fabulous!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Cassie J

I cannot say enough nice things about Kiss and Makeup Beauty, honestly, these ladies are amazing. I planned my wedding in New Orleans from my home in Pennsylvania so I didn’t have the convenience of being able to have trials prior to choosing our hair and make-up artists. I... Read More opted for Kiss and Makeup based on their online portfolio and reviews on The Knot. I can definitely say this was the best choice, my hair and make-up have never looked so perfect! The artists came to our hotel early and had us (5 of us, including the bride) ready well in advance of the photographer’s arrival. They were also extremely nice with beautiful personalities. Thank you so much for making us look and feel like movie stars on my wedding day!

love them !!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

I've used kiss and makeup for my engagement photos and my wedding and was extremely pleased both times...they did my hair and makeup exactly how i wanted it! They are the sweetest and will make you feel beautiful and comfortable for your special day!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Kate L

Disappointing to say the least. Everytime I look at my wedding photos I am sad because I didn't look my absolute best because my hair was a complete mess and my makeup I could have done myself. Despite giving specific direction at me trial, I didn't look like myself. I showed... Read More multiple pictures to the hairstylist yet she just didn't get it - even though I'd had my hair done like that previously and looked flawless. The makeup was way too frosty. My fiance actually saw me and looked disgusted. On my wedding day, the hair stylist was on the phone the entire time she did my hair arguing with someone and of course, even though I tried to give her specific direction on wispy strands around my face and blowout looking waves, I had a heavy bang and frizzy curls. By the time all was said and done, I should have pushed back and told her to start over, but it was my wedding day and I was extremely flustered and felt intimidated by her argument on the phone. Then time for makeup. Ok, you're there to do a service. What is the makeup artist doing while I wait for her to finish one of my bridesmaids? She proceeds to do a demo of the squats she does to her favorite hip hop song. Makeup and hair done, since it was professional, it at least should have lasted all day especially in New Orleans humidity right? Nope. I look like a hot mess and now that is my No. 1 memory of my wedding day. You should look your best on that day and Kiss and Makeup did not deliver.

They are Amazing at what they do!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015

For my daughter's wedding on 7/17/15, we used Brittney and Danielle from Kiss and Makeup Beauty Services and could not have been more pleased! In addition to my daughter's hair & make-up, they did mine, the mother of the groom's, and the flower girl's, as well as the make-up for... Read More the 6 bridesmaids. They are a wonderful duo who worked seamlessly together to have everyone ready on time. They definitely know their stuff and made everyone look and feel gorgeous!! The application of make up was perfect and the hairstyles were amazing! My daughter had a certain hairstyle in mind and they created it beautifully for her! Both moms however deferred to their expertise as to what would look good on each of us, and we were both so pleased with elegant end result. The wedding and reception make for a long day, but we all looked fantastic from beginning to end. Thank you again so much Brittney and Danielle!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Emily T

Great!! Everyone said we all looked like we were ready to stand in a royalty wedding!!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Jona R

I chose them because i saw them when i googled hair and makeup around the NO area. I read reviews and liked their work. I was amazed on how awesome danielle and brittney were. I would use them again for any occasion with hair and makeup.

Wedding Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Adrian M

I was an out of town bride for a September wedding. We visited New Orleans once early in the year to meet with vendors and solidify some details of the event. I only had one chance to try out my hair and makeup vendors. I did a trial run of both hair and makeup. I brought... Read More photos of what I wanted and the ladies went straight to work. I'm really glad that we did this trial run because we saved time later on for the day of the wedding. We chose different eye shadows and false eye lashes for the real event. Plus, we also changed up my hair do as well. All of my bridesmaids and mothers each had their own style going, but they all looked perfect. My hair and makeup was also exactly how I wanted. They use airbrush makeup which stayed all night long. The best part was that they stayed on schedule. For 6 of us, it took exactly 3 hours. And that was with my MIL changing her hair twice! I would definitely recommend them for any event!

Wonderful Hair and Makeup Artists!

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Renee B

I used kiss and Makeup for my hair and makeup, as well as all of my bridesmaids, my mother and my husband's mother. Brittany (makeup) and Kristen (hair) did UNBELIEVABLE jobs. They were efficient, but very thorough and hard working. All of my ladies were so happy and felt... Read More beautiful on my wedding day. I received a TON of compliments on my hair and makeup. I would 100% recommend them!

Save yourself a wedding day headache!!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Bridget S

The only reason I gave 2 stars instead of 1 is bc I ended up looking beautiful despite the horrific experience with these people and the makeup girl was fantastic. My first trial was a disaster! I went home and cried for hours. Brittany, the owner, let me do a second trial for... Read More free. That trial went ok, but the hair was still a disaster. On my wedding day, Danielle was fantastic and did a great job with my makeup. She showed up early too. There was a misunderstanding bw Brittany and myself about the remaining balance for the wedding day. I asked her what the remaining balance would be several times via email in the weeks leading up to the wedding so that I could pay in full before and not be writing checks on my wedding day. She never provided me a receipt for the last check I sent and started yelling at me on the phone on my wedding day for another $100 payment which we never discussed. She was SO unbelievably rude to me. I am STILL appalled at her attitude. She even HUNG UP on me! I would have had no problem with the misunderstanding if she hadn't been so rude to me and if she had provided me the information ahead of time like I asked. The girl that did my hair was rude EVERY time I worked with her, and she constantly complained about my hair. She showed up 45 mins late on my wedding day saying that she got lost even though I had given the specific address and instructions days before. She kept dropping bobby pins and cursing under her breath the entire time. She would put my hair up, pin it, and then take it out over and over again! This is now the 3rd time she had worked with my hair. I had a very specific style that I wanted which I had a picture of the entire time for her to reference during trials and on the day of. She had a horrible attitude the entire time, was so rude and not talented. We were running so late that I had to eventually tell her to just spray it, pin it, and let me go or else I wouldn't be getting married. I'm begging you to SAVE yourself the trouble and go with someone else. Get Danielle to do your makeup but do NOT go through KMU. She works at Earthsavers in Metairie.

2014-11-24T15:36:09 Response from the vendor

On the day of your wedding if anything was taken out of context I apologize for that. But you were speaking to us as if we were lying to you about your balance .. There was an email written to you about what you owed... Read Less Read More

Great Hair and Make-up

Reviewed on 11/21/2014

Kiss and Makeup sent two great ladies out to do hair and make-up for myself and two bridesmaids. The work was really quality, and they had a professional and relaxing vibe to them that really helped in the hours before the wedding. I am NOT a make-up person and I understand that... Read More it has to be pretty heavy to last the entire day and photograph well. The looks were a bit heavier than I would've liked, but I probably could've gotten the exact level of make-up I wanted by showing them specific examples. Instead, I just said "as natural as possible" and left it up to them. Either way, I would highly recommend this service!

Beyond Talented!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Erika A

I was so happy and blessed to be working with these ladies! They worked on my entire wedding party, for both hair and makeup, which included 7 BM's, 2 Jr. BM's, 2 Flower Girls, 2 Moms, and myself the bride. They are beyond talented and patient. Everyone loved their hair and... Read More makeup. They showed up on time, they asked us what we would like and provided any suggestions if anyone was unsure of what to do. They made our experience a very relaxing one, I definitely didn't have any stress over this. I would definitely recommend them to any Bride planning on getting married in New Orleans! Love everything about their talented work!

My destin wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Amanda B

I used Kiss and Makeup for my destination wedding on September 7th. Let me start off by saying it was the best decision I ever made!!!! Danielle and Brittney made me feel like a true princess :) I would highly recommend them for anyone who wants to feel and look their absolute... Read More best for the most important day of their lives!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Amanda R

Danielle and her girls are absolutely amazing! I LOVED my hair and makeup. So many people complemented me on my wedding day and said how beautiful I looked. I am a very pleased bride and I would highly recommend kiss and makeup. You won't be disappointed. Thanks Girls!

Engagement hair/makeup

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Brittany L

I chose Kiss and Makeup Beauty Services for all of my wedding events. So far, I have been so impressed with their work! Brittney did my hair and makeup for my engagement pictures. I was so pleased with everything! I have never felt like I did that day. I truly felt like I was... Read More the most beautiful that I've ever been, and that is an amazing feeling! I felt like I was a celebrity! Brittney is so patient and easy to work with. I told her my idea and trusted in her to do the rest. My bridal portraits are on Sunday, and I cannot wait to see how the girls transform me into a bride! I highly recommend this company. You won't be disappointed!!

Danielle DeSalvo and Brittney Chagnard

We opened Kiss and Makeup Beauty Services in 2010 and we couldn't feel anymore blessed! As sisters we grew up with a passion for hair and makeup and our love for the industry only grew stronger as the years went by. We could only dream of starting our own business and where we would be today. We truly are so lucky to have brides choose us to be apart of the most important day of their lives. We never take a day for granted and know we would not be where we are today without the love of our clients! We thank you so much!