Bridal Beauty Specialists

Specializing in a soft and romantic style, Knot & Veil offers airbrush makeup and hairstyling with the convenience of on-site only services.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Texas, San Antonio, Austin,Boerne,Spring Branch and beyond (210) 725-7665

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Amy T

I cannot imagine my wedding day without Genevieve and Lisa, two of the loveliest women I know. Both are incredibly talented and genuinely wonderful to be around... and you definitely want to be around THE BEST on your wedding day. They provided hair and makeup for me (the... Read More bride), 5 bridesmaids, and the MoB and MoG. They listened to each person's style and color preferences, and made us all the most beautiful, glamorous versions of ourselves. An especially wonderful (and tearful) moment was my mother-in-law's reaction to seeing herself in the mirror. In the year leading up to the wedding, she had to undergo several reconstructive surgeries to remove cancer from her nose. It was both physically and emotionally taxing for her, and she worried she would "look like a monster" at the wedding. Genevieve and Lisa were so understanding and sensitive - they put her immediately at ease, and helped her look and feel like her beautiful self again. I would give Knot & Veil my highest recommendation. We love them so much, we hired them for my sister's wedding too. I'm looking forward to when I get to use their services again for another special event!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Sarah F

Lisa and Genevieve are phenomenal!! They did hair and make-up for me, my 6 bridesmaids, AND my mom and mother-in-law. They also had Amanda helping them and all 3 gals did an amazing job!! All of my girls were so happy with their looks! My mom and my husband’s mom had never had... Read More airbrush makeup done before and they loved it! We all got so many compliments on our hair and make-up! On top of that, they are the SWEETEST girls! They set up a hair/make-up trial for me before the wedding and drove to Austin to meet me. The day of they asked each of us what we wanted and made sure they had a clear vision prior to starting. The products they use are top of the line as well and they use makeup/hair products that will LAST all day. They even gave me a lip “touch-up” kit for after dinner. They were PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Julie Ann A

Lisa and Genevieve were perfect. I'm so happy with the finished product as well as the process. As a not very girl girl I'm pretty clueless at most beauty stuff and wedding things in particular. They answered all my goofy questions with such care and kindness. I wanted something... Read More natural and soft and they delivered. I had to do my trial two days before the wedding because I live in New York. They did an amazing job, made it fun for me and my girls, and redid my hair so I could wear it out for my bachelorette party that day. Their energies are so calm and caring. My dads new wife wanted to add hair and makeup one or two days before the wedding and they were totally okay with the last minute add and made her and all the women look beautiful. On the day of, they managed family, bridesmaids, dogs, photographers, and everything else with grace. The photos are stunning and that's mostly due to the gorgeous hair and make up. I didn't once worry about my face melting or my hair falling. You're stressed enough about your wedding; it's nice to not worry about one piece of the puzzle. I cannot speak highly enough about these two. They're a great team, a calming presence, and a talented asset to have on your side on your special day. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Brittany M

Lisa and Gen are INCREDIBLE!! I used them for my bridal portraits and my wedding on August 5, 2017 and I couldn't have asked for a better hair and make up team. They are so easy to get along with and are SO talented. I never wear make up or do my hair and they listened to all of... Read More my comments and concerns and made me look amazing for my big day. On top of that, they did all of the hair and make up for my entire bridal party (9 people total) for an early 3pm wedding. I highly recommend knot and veil for your upcoming wedding and event - you will not regret it.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Haley G

I could not have asked for a better hair and makeup experience! I am not a very girly-girl so I didn't know the first thing about hair and makeup for my wedding, but the ladies at Knot & Veil were so patient and encouraging throughout the entire process. They truly made me feel... Read More like the most beautiful bride but not overdone and cheesy. I cannot recommend them enough!! Thank you for everything!!

2017-07-25T15:29:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your sweet review! 💕

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 CAMI A

We love these two! They did a beautiful job. They were flexible and easy to work with. They were fun to be around and had great ideas. They were a great addition to our daughter's wedding experience. Highly recommend!

2017-07-25T15:28:32 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Brittany A

Lisa and Gen are hands down amazing! They were so fun to be around from the trial to wedding day they were just so perfect. I absolutely loved my hair and makeup and loved all of my bridesmaids as well. They are the perfect team and will make you feel so beautiful on your big... Read More day.

2017-07-25T15:30:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Teresa J

I was very very happy with how my hair and makeup turned out and I couldn't have asked for a better experience! The gals of Knot & Veil completely understood my vision and made me feel at ease on one of the most stressful days I've had! I highly recommend for anyone looking for... Read More a professional and easy going duo. They were great!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Kim R

Lisa & Genevieve were so amazing to work with--they were professional, on-time, so kind and did a great job! They even endured my mini meltdown from day-of stress and made me feel beautiful! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Christi F

Lisa and Genevieve were amazing to work with. They are both very sweet and I felt very comfortable around them. My hair and makeup looked flawless on my big day, and I truly felt like a princess because of them. They showed up right on schedule and were very accommodating with... Read More my timeline. And even though I changed my hairstyle from my trial run to my wedding day, I felt confident that Lisa knew what she was doing and she pulled it off amazingly. If you are looking for two sweet, talented women to trust to do your hair and makeup on your big day and make you feel special, then Knot & Veil is right for you!

2017-01-27T18:50:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Abby A

Lisa and Gen worked their magic on my wedding day! One bride, eight bridesmaids, two moms and a two and half year old flower girl.... all hair and make up done fabulously within hours! I am extremely glad I was able to book them to help beautify my wedding team and I so that we... Read More could have such a relaxing day. They listened to what styles we wanted, were very patient with me and were so kind to give their advice to help me make decisions on my hair. They have hands from heaven because they work magic! Everyone was flawless yet natural looking. They truly are the cutest and best little bridal day duo you can get! They didn't get voted best of the best for nothing ladies 😉

2017-01-27T18:50:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your sweet review!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Amana C

Lisa and Gen are the absolute best! I have never felt so beautiful in my life, my hair was perfect and my makeup was natural and flawless. These ladies are great at what they, fun to be around and very professional! If you want the best in the business, you must hire Knot and... Read More Veil for your special day.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Natalie B

I have never felt more beautiful in my life than I did on my wedding day and I have Lisa to thank for that! She is so talented and I would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sara P

I can't say enough good things about Lisa and Gen! They are the sweetest, most professional, and undeniably best hair and makeup stylists to have style you for your big event! I hired them to do my hair and makeup for my wedding earlier in October, and had my trial prior to a... Read More friends wedding. Both times I received multiple compliments and couldn't be happier with choosing them! Thank you Lisa and Gen! I can't wait to see y'all again! <3 Sara

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Shelly O

Genevieve and Lisa are the BEST! The entire process from booking to wedding day was always so smooth when it came to them. They are such professionals, show up on time, and do the best job ever. They took all the Pinterest inspiration myself and my bridal party gave them for our... Read More looks and nailed it! I have never felt so beautiful and loved the way they still make the hair/ make-up still feel so natural. These girls are the best of the best at what they do!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Candice N

I could not have more positive things to say about Lisa! After having a hairstylist last minute cancel on us, I was in a litle bit of a panic to find someone who I thought would be good. Not being from the area, I sought out The Knot for recommendations, and reviews. I stumbled... Read More across Knot & Veil, and I am so glad I did! I already had an airbrush makeup artist booked, so I was strictly looking for hair only. Deciding to go with my gut, I booked Knot & Veil. Lisa was prompt, professional, and upon a group of excited and goofy girls, poised. Having 10 bridesmaids, two mom's, and a bride to do, I was a little nervous we would be pressed for time but Lisa reassured me that she would have plenty of time to make sure everyone would get their hair taken care of. All of my girlfriends could not stop complimenting how great they thought their hair looked, and her personality was the cherry on top. She is SO sweet! If I had to do the planning process all over again, I without a doubt would choose Knot & Veil for hair!

2016-10-19T18:37:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review! 😘

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kelli F

One of the first things on my agenda for planning my wedding was to choose who would do my hair and makeup. I am pretty picky when it comes to other people styling my hair and applying makeup so I was a bit overwhelmed at this task! From the moment I met Lisa and Genevieve at my... Read More first consolation, I fell in love. They are two of the sweetest ladies I have ever met and they made the process so enjoyable! They are patient and truly listen to what you want and they make it happen! I have never felt more beautiful than when my hair and makeup was complete and I put on my wedding dress for my Bridal pictures. WOW! I am so excited for them bet a part of my wedding day in November!I couldn't imagine working with anyone else!

2016-10-19T18:37:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We are looking forward to November 5th!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Samantha W

Amazing. Gorgeous. Beautiful. That's all I have to say about Lisa and Genevieve!!! No really, they were incredible, and I can't imagine looking more beautiful on my wedding day thanks to both of these women. They did hair and makeup for myself, 5 bridesmaids and mother with such... Read More ease and grace. We had a fabulous afternoon getting ready with them! We had an outdoor ceremony and all the photos were taken outside in the 90+ degree May heat and my hair/makeup still looked superb. My bridesmaids looked stunning as well, and couldn't stop taking selfies hah! I'm so thankful I found them one day while perusing photos and reviews on The Knot... having one team for both hair and makeup made it about 50x easier on top of the million other things that come with planning a wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend Lisa and Gen!

2016-10-19T13:42:13 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for reviewing us! XOXO!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

These ladies are the best!!! So professional, knowledgeable and just flat out nice. They did the bride and 6 bridemaides with ease. To top it off we all looked amazing!!! It would be a mistake to not have the wonderful women involved in your special day. Oh and P.s. they... Read More even played with my daughter while I helped get the bride dressed. Thank you!!!

2016-10-19T13:35:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your loving review!! And your daughter was a pure joy to be around :)

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Casey B

I cannot begin to tell you how incredible Lisa and Genevieve are. What makes them so amazing is that they really listen to what it is that you want for you and your bridesmaids and help you create your vision. They guide you with professional suggestion but ultimately they... Read More make your day, hair, make-up and glam session all about you. I got married December 11, 2015 and my hair and make-up, along with my squad of girls looked flawless. I have known Lisa for a very long time and I trust her implicitly with my hair- which I am very particular about. These two ladies are professional, classy, put-together, punctual, courteous and willing. They take pride in what they do and it shows. They are competitively priced and straight-forward with any questions surrounding their business. As a person that can be hard to please sometimes lol I have zero regrets and if I could do it all over again I would go with Knot and Veil ten-fold. I promise you won't regret it and if you ever are wanting to make changes big or small they are open to all communication because they want you to be happy. Thank you guys for making my day so unforgettable. I wish you a career filled with success and happiness because that's what you did for my big day- you made it successful and happy.

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Genevieve and Lisa are amazing, I recommend them to everyone (no exaggeration). They did my hair and makeup, and 5 bridesmaids. My top favorite things about them are: they arrived early, they're so fun to be around and they made sure everyone was happy with their hair and make... Read More up. They didn't mind making any last minute changes. You won't be disappointed with them!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Allison Q

The absolute BEST wedding hair and makeup in the San Antonio, TX area!!! Very professional and very experienced. Nobody else even comes close. Highly recommend booking Knot and Veil ASAP if you have a wedding coming up!

Genevieve Contreras & Lisa Johnson

Genevieve received her esthetician license in 2005. She began working in a medical spa and freelancing as a makeup artist and after several years she was able to and continue to grow her business as a makeup artist full time. She loves bringing out someone’s natural beauty by playing up their best features! Lisa began her career as a licensed cosmetologist 12 years ago and has always made it a priority to keep up with the latest techniques, and continuing her education has led to receiving hands-on training in New York City. Updos and hairstyling for special events has always been her passion