Koman Photography-Southern Cali & Worldwide

This husband and wife team has been recognized for its dreamy photography and has been named Best Wedding Photographers in California by CBS Los Angeles and ModWedding. Their work has been featured in many publications including: Style Me Pretty, The Knot, Wedding Chicks, CBS Los Angeles, ModWedding, OnceWed, Wedding Whimsical and is proudly a Style Me Pretty Little Black Book member and a Once Wed Preferred Vendor. You can contact them at: http://komanphotography.com for more details.

Artistic, Documentary

Day After Session, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Los Angeles, CA Southern California and Worldwide

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

John and Marlene are so so talented!!! Both our engagement photos and our wedding photos were amazing! We have already received so many compliments. Not only are we over the moon with our photos but working with them has been such a great experience. They respond very quickly to... Read More email, are super organized and know how to make their clients feel very comfortable in front of the camera. They are truly the best!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

Reviewed on 2/12/2016 Diana D

John and Marlene (and Anna) are an absolute dream. My husband and I both feel really uncomfortable in front of the camera, but our engagement pictures were so gorgeous that we we didn't have to spend a single moment worrying about what the pictures would look like on the wedding... Read More day. The photos are composed beautifully, and they also managed to capture the sweetest, goofiest, most romantic, most natural moments between the two of us. We are of the opinion that they are absolutely worth every penny. They are so ridiculously talented, and on a personal level, they were completely delightful.

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Melogie M

After seeing John and Marlene's work, we knew that they were the best out there, and we did not waste anytime to go knocking on their door. They are very good at what they do, very professional, and yet very easygoing. They made us very comfortable, and made sure to make our... Read More sessions fun for us. All we could really say when we saw our photos was WOW! The photos were so beautiful! We really did enjoy working with the Komans and we cannot wait to see the rest of our wedding photos! Thank you so much John and Marlene, you guys are amazing!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Melogie M

Photography Perfection!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Julie F

John and Marlene are truly a photography dream team. They photographed my engagement photos, my engagement party, and my wedding day. My memories of those special moments are so beautifully preserved because of the magic that John and Marlene make with their cameras. Not only do... Read More they take the most stunning photos, but they are also such wonderful people. They are both caring, kind and patient. They are easy and fun to work with, and they make you feel natural in front of the camera. I got married in Sonoma County, and John and Marlene traveled there from Southern California very willingly. They are brilliant with camera angles and lighting, and they make the end product look ethereal. I rate Koman Photography a 10 out of 10, and I recommend them to all other engaged couples!

AMAZING photographers

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Natalie C

After our first meeting with John and Marlene, we knew they were going to do a great job. They excel at using natural light use the environment you're surrounded by to make your photo's that much more perfect. They are a husband and wife team so they know how to deal with... Read More family members and understand what photo's to get. They are 2 of the most professional and talented people we've had the privilege of working with.

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Jennifer K

Marlene and John are the DREAM TEAM. Booking them was one of the best decisions we've ever made. First, our engagement photo session was flawless. They are artists and so talented at what they do. They met us in Venice for the first half of the shoot and then drove all the way... Read More to Malibu to shoot more on the beach. Leading up to the big day, they were always available to answer any questions we had. On our wedding day, despite the fact that it was in the middle of July in LA, it was raining! Not only were Marlene and and John so calming, they offered to give us another opporunity to shoot photos if these one's didn't come out how we wanted them. They love each other and they love their work and it really shows. We are so thankful we had them capturing this moment for us. Highly highly recommend!

The BEST PHOTOGS!!!!!

Reviewed on 3/29/2015 Julie K

LOOK NO FURTHER. That's right, you have just found the most amazing wedding photographers EVER. I must admit, I am not so easy to please & I was more than impressed with the Komans. From our first meeting they made sure to answer all of our questions and were really easy to get... Read More along with. Throughout our communications they were always very professional, super sweet, and very prompt in every reply. And of course, their photos speak for themselves! They're commonly featured on StyleMePretty and you could be too! They use soft natural lighting and make sure your photos have a variety of shots, romantic, classic, natural, posed, whimsical, fun, wide angles, close ups, you'll have so many beautiful shots to choose from... That will be your biggest problem! My bestie told me when she got her photos back (by another photographer) she only had a few she liked. When we received our shots, it was quite the opposite! Marlene and john work so well together that they capture you looking your best! And they're such a pleasant and sweet couple themselves, it's really easy to be natural and sweet around them too. We truly felt blessed to be working with a team who truly have passion and pride in their talent and hard work. We absolutely love love love all of our photos and I couldn't recommend anyone else to any of my besties! Even when it rained on our wedding day, we missed some shots that we wanted outside, but we were still happy with the photos we got! They were amazing! As if the Komans weren't already our new best friends, they offered us a free post session to make sure we had even more shots together!!!! They really are the greatest and I'm sure you'll agree. This is the day you want to capture so perfectly, and the Komans will do that for you.

The best!!!!

Reviewed on 1/06/2015

We are so thrilled that we chose Koman Photography for our wedding! After I saw all of their beautiful photos on their website, I knew we just had to use them for our big day! As soon as we met Marlene and John we were even happier. These two are so caring, funny, kindhearted... Read More and professional. Moreover, they are two of the most talented photographers ever! After seeing a few previews of our pictures on their cameras, I knew we had made the right choice! I am truly astounded by their work. We were also able to spend a lot of time with them taking photos as well. Marlene and John made sure that we made use of every second, taking as many photos as they could. We had so much fun with them and felt completely at ease throughout the day. I cannot say enough great things about these two. Marlene and John, you two are the best!!!!!! Thanks a million!!!! :) We will cherish our beautiful photos forever.

Marlene and John are the best!

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Engie H

Marlene and John are truly wonderful! We had them for our engagement and wedding pictures last May. They are an amazing couple and extremely talented. Our pictures turned out stunning and we couldn’t be happier. Our family has been extremely happy with all the pictures. Not... Read More only are they great photographers but they are extremely kind and communicating with them was incredibly easy. They had great advice on locations and knew how to make my husband and I at ease in front of the camera. We would definitely recommend them to our friends and family. Thank you again Marlene and John!

Best Photographers... EVER

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Brooke K

Andrew and I booked John and Marlene to be our photographers for our wedding and it was the best decision we ever made. They are a husband and wife team that have a true passion for what they do and it is clearly illustrated through their photographs. The thing that I love about... Read More John and Marlene is their innate way of making you feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Sometimes, taking pictures in front of people that you just met can be a daunting and uncomfortable task. But during our Engagement Photo Shoot, John and Marlene were able to make the shoot so much fun and we ended up being great friends at the end of the session. Then, when the wedding day came around, Andrew and I were so comfortable around them that taking pictures was highly enjoyable and a breeze. I would highly recommend to book them as your wedding photographers as it is a decision that Andrew and I are so happy that we made! We will now have the most beautiful and perfect pictures to commemorate our special day.

A Great Team!

Reviewed on 6/07/2014

My husband and I were very happy with the service that the Koman's provided! We are from Oklahoma, but had the wedding in California, so we met with them pretty early into the engagement during the holidays when we were both able to get out to Los Angeles on vacation. They... Read More helped us with a payment plan, and were very flexible all around. They worked with us right away, even subbing out an engagement shoot and switching their packages around so that we could afford to get everything we wanted. They were always very sweet and professional, and we loved that they are a husband and wife team because they worked excellent together. My husband and I were intimidated by the camera and we both don't really enjoy being the center of attention; the Koman's were so helpful in getting us out of our shell and remained patient and kind, which really helped us feel comfortable during the pictures. That was so important for us! Many of our guests commented on how friendly they were, especially during the family photos. Our grand entrance was delayed and they were kind enough to stay a over their paid time to make sure they got the shot. Photographers are expensive anywhere you go, but if you find a couple like the Koman's, it makes it all worth it! We haven't seen our photos yet, but I know that they are going to be just beautiful. They are very talented.

Artful and Hard Working

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Sherry J

Highly recommend this dashing duo. They go the extra mile and are just lovely people. Great photo editing!

Everything I wanted and more!

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Molly B

Marlene and John are an amazing team! I am VERY picky about photos and had a very specific vision in mind for our engagement photos. When I stumbled across Koman Photography I fell in love and don't feel that anybody else could have done it better. The second we started I felt... Read More comfortable with them and had a blast through the entire shoot. I could tell they really cared about each photo they took, and handle their art with such vision and passion. It wasn't just "another shoot", it seemed they really wanted to be there which really lets you rest assured that their passion will be transferred into your entire shoot never leaving you disappointed. Unfortunately they won't be able to shoot our wedding, but I would hire them again in a heartbeat!!!

Great Photographers! We Adore our Wedding Pictures!

Reviewed on 12/11/2013

When I was planning my wedding in 2010, a girlfriend said to not skimp on pictures. She said once the wedding is over you are left with two things--the guy and the pictures! I took this to heart - add into the mix my husband is about the most photo averse man on the planet. It... Read More was going to take someone with patience and a lot of skill to properly capture our beautiful day. Marlene and John did all that and more. My wedding photographs were incredible and my final album is a work of art. They are funny, engaging, creative, and talented and if you really want your wedding captured in the moment, in your environment looking happy and relaxed and oh so lovely this is your team. I really cannot properly state how happy you will be to have them capture all your best moments. And yes, Marlene and John will get smiling pictures of those who hate cameras. Miracle workers!

Recommend Koman Photography to everyone!

Reviewed on 12/11/2013

Koman Photography photographed a friend's wedding a couple of years ago, and my husband and I liked their work so much that we knew we wanted them for our own wedding.

Marlene and John were wonderful. They are amazingly professional, and also very warm and personable. And so... Read More organized! Several members of my wedding party mistook Marlene for our wedding planner because she generally had a better idea of what was going on and who was where than even me or the groom.

I am generally pretty camera shy, but they did a great job of making me feel comfortable and working around my general awkwardness. Our pictures came out wonderfully, and they were a pleasure to work with. I'll be recommending them everyone.

Absolutely Amazing Photos!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2013

After meeting with a few photographers, a friend recommended we meet with Koman Photography. We instantly knew they were a cut above the rest and were the only people we would trust to capture our wedding. The result was the most beautiful wedding album and pictures(thank you... Read More Marlene and John for always making me feel beautiful in your photos. Given wedding photographers follow you around your whole wedding day, they should be considerate and unobtrusive and they were just that. They captured every key moment and really put a lot of work into making the pictures look amazing. Now that we have a little addition to our family, I cant wait for John and Marlene to photograph us all again. Highly recommended!

Couldn't be any happier with them and my photos!

Reviewed on 12/11/2013

Koman Photography is the BEST husband and wife photography team around! Not only do they care about making sure they are capturing your "look" but they understand good angles and lighting so everyone looks great in your pictures. They are also so kind and easy to talk to and... Read More they deeply care about making sure their clients are happy. I am SO happy with my wedding/engagement photos that I would HIGHLY recommend Marlene and John to anyone. Both my husband and I found them to be very professional, responsive and on-it. Again, I couldn't be happier with them and their photos – they are the best in class!

Koman Photography=THE BEST

Reviewed on 12/11/2013

John and his wife Marlene are amazing photographers and we were lucky enough to be able to have them as our wedding photographers. Throughout the planning process they were relaxed and helpful. They promptly responded to all of our email questions/worries and put us at ease.... Read More They did a great job making us feel at ease while capturing the moment. They can blend in with the wedding to get the best candid photos and when they find a great opportunity for a special shot then make it happen. They were always there when we asked for impromptu portraits with various combinations of friends and family. There were parts of the day, like getting ready, and after the ceremony photos with just me and my new husband that I felt like they really helped me feel in the moment. Thank you Marlene and John for creating such amazing pictures!

The Best of the Best!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2013

Dear John and Marlene, you immediately put us at ease during our intro meeting and we were right not to have any doubt about choosing you. We were lucky to have you both on the day. We have some great photos from various angles - especially during the ceremony when Marlene... Read More stayed with me and my Dad on the stairs while John stayed at the front getting shots of the nervous groom...You both blended in so well with all our guests - laughing, putting us at ease and even offering to remove the wrinkles from my husband's grand mother in photos of her which definitely made her day! We were lucky enough to have a very sunny late October wedding day, so after the group photos in front of the Barn, we were able to take a lovely walk around the gardens and the photos have beautifully captured the light and colors and also how much we enjoyed the day. We wouldn't have any hesitation recommending you and we're thrilled with the photos as a memory of our wedding day.

Extremely happy with their work!

Reviewed on 12/11/2013

My wife and I were referred to Koman Photography through a friend who also used them for their wedding. We researched many other wedding photographers since this was one of our top priorities for our wedding. We knew we wanted Marlene and John as our wedding photographers the... Read More minute we saw their portfolio. Their pictures are beautiful, and they are best at capturing all the best moments, emotions, and lighting.

The photos speak for themselves!

Reviewed on 12/11/2013

The wedding pictures turned out amazing, and our album is unreal. Koman Photography did an absolutely phenomenal job with our photos. Everything turned out perfect. Through the entire process of hiring Marlene and John, everything worked out well. They were a pleasure to work... Read More with. It was well worth the money for the experience, and finished product we received. I highly recommend Koman Photography.

Amazing Photos, Amazing People

Reviewed on 12/11/2013

My husband and I hired John and Marlene as the photographers for our wedding last year. Being very particular about photos in general, I was very picky when deciding on a photographer. I didn't want the run-of-the-mill photos that most people tend to get, especially for our... Read More wedding. When I came across Koman Photography’s website I was blown away by their artistic take on their photography. Basically, I fell in love with their work. Browsing through the site I didn't think we would be able to afford them, BUT.... Their prices are INCREDIBLY reasonable. Much more affordable than other photographers in town! Their final product of our wedding was AMAZING! We love our photos!!! Words can't express how happy we are... Their photos truly represent us as a couple. And I must add as a final note- Marlene and John are WONDERFUL to work with!!! It was like they were guests at our wedding!

Excellent value and top notch photographers!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2013

We had the pleasure of having John and Marlene do our wedding photography. The photos were absolutely amazing, they look like they belong in a magazine! They are masters in Photoshop and all the pictures we received were edited! They do extremely professional work and I would... Read More highly recommend them to anyone for wedding photography. Koman Photography is also very affordable, especially for the high quality work you get in return.

Marlene and John

We are John & Marlene, fine art photographers specializing in weddings. We are two artists in love who are passionate about capturing your love. Our imagery has been described as soft, romantic, organic, and effortless.