Koru Ceremony: Celebrating New Beginnings

Southern WI and Madison, WI

Personal & Custom Designed Wedding Ceremonies

The ceremony is the heart of your wedding day. It is our desire to create a one-of-a-kind ceremony that is personalized, coordinated with great care, and with attention to details that celebrates the two of you. Together we will create a custom ceremony that is meaningful, warm, and distinctly you.

Religious Affiliations

Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Lutheran, Nondenominational, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

Southern WI and Madison, WI (608) 213-7558

Reviewed on 10/17/2016

Where do I begin; If there were more stars to give I would give them hands down. My wife and I were married on October 15th this year and I cannot say enough about Pat Werk and Koru Ceremony. Pat was beyond extraordinary! Pat made us feel like we were the first and only couple... Read More she was dealing with. She made us feel like we were part of her family and it felt like we had known Pat our entire lives. We were unsure of the kind of wedding ceremony we wanted because both my wife and I have different beliefs. Pat was able to create a ceremony after talking with us that fit my wife and I perfectly to the point where neither of us felt like we compromised. I truly cannot express how grateful we are to her. I don't know how she does it other than she is pure genius! She incorporated everything we wanted and more. She also helped us with planning how the ceremony would go from the beginning to the end. The first night we met Pat we knew she was the one for us. She is very kind hearted, easy to talk to and laugh with. We don't consider this a business transaction; we consider Pat our friend. My wife and I would highly recommend anyone and everyone to use her for their ceremony. I would not look further than Pat ever again. She is very flexible and can make any wedding a success. Pat you are a true blessing and an incredible person. I cannot thank you enough for what you have done.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Carlie S

We were married in September 2016 by Rev. Amy Gile. We absolutely loved working with Amy. She was so friendly and we felt at ease with her as soon as we met her. My parents really wanted us to get married in a Catholic Church, but we wanted something more casual and personal... Read More and less religious. Amy was a great sport about letting my church's priest speak during the reading section of the ceremony, which meant a lot to my parents. Several months before the ceremony, Amy sent us a thorough ceremony-planning document that gave the outline of the ceremony with all possible sections, outlining which were required and which were optional, and a ton of different options for each section. We really enjoyed finding the ones that worked for us. Once we made our selections, Amy typed up the whole script so we could read through it and make sure everything flowed nicely. Our ceremony turned out just the way we wanted it, and we got tons of compliments from family and friends on how nice it was. We highly recommend Amy to anyone looking for a personalized ceremony!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Hannah G

I cannot praise and thank this vendor enough!! They are super organized and easy to work with. Rev Sarah Harrison was our officiant and she was wonderful!!!! To start, we received several documents with suggestions for songs, readings (both romantic and religious), unity... Read More ceremony ideas and much more. They not only made it easy for us to choose exactly what was said during our ceremony, but Sarah was also flexible with adding things in, cutting parts out, changing wording and being creative if you had an idea or suggestion she would come up with the best way to include it. Sarah was very good at responding/ communicating with us and flexible when setting up meetings. She did a excellent job keeping me on track (when I was becoming swamped with other wedding planning tasks) and reaching out to me with where we were at, what she still needed from me, and sending friendly reminders such as...make sure to bring your marriage license with you! Besides being easy and wonderful to work with, I received numerous compliments from our guest afterwards about how beautiful and different our ceremony was. It is a priceless feeling to have guests telling you "It was the best ceremony I have ever been to" and I owe it all to Koru Ceremony. I 100% recommend working with them, you will not be let down and will end up with a magical ceremony everyone is sure to remember.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Katie J

Pat was amazing. I'm so glad we chose her to officiate our wedding. She was super polite, and easy and fast to communicate with. Our ceremony turned out to be exactly what we wanted. Hiring Pat was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jennifer H

Pat was amazing! From the very first meeting, we knew we wanted to work with Pat on our ceremony. She helped us with everything and even added a surprise during the ceremony that we'll treasure forever. Our guests thought she was very good and such a nice person. I can't say... Read More enough good things about Pat and Koru Ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Amber L

If you are clueless with how to plan a wedding, and don't know how to go about planning the ceremony, then you are exactly where I was before getting married. Look no further for assistance and Call Pat Werk with Koru Ceremony in Deerfield. My husband and I are both introverts... Read More who wanted a simple ceremony at our home, which turned into 100 guests and we flustered! We contacted a few people who made it feel like an inconvenience when we didn't know exactly what or how we wanted to do things. From the first moment we met Pat she was so warm and friendly Even though her schedule was booked, she found a way to not only make our ceremony happen on the day we wanted, but helped with getting the wording and movements so we felt comfortable with everything. Not to mention she also came over the morning of (when we had called her the night before to request this), just so we could go over where to be and how to make everything perfect, even helping us determine where to set up the alter and the sand ceremony table! She wasn't just an officiate, she worked with us as a wedding planner asking nothing more than making sure we were happy with everything. I've never gotten married before, and I never plan to again, which is a shame because she was so pleasant to work with we can't do repeat business with her! I would recommend her to anyone, whether you know what you are looking for in your ceremony, or like me, need a lot of guidance with how to get a good flow and wording. Whats better, her prices were competitive with everyone else we spoke to, even though she offers so much more! Can not say enough how perfect she made our big day, by the end she felt like family. You will not regret letting them help to make your wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Kate L

Pat was just outstanding to work with. She helped us create a ceremony that was uniquely us. So many of our guests complimented us on how wonderful our ceremony was. She was very accommodating when our outdoor ceremony plans were changing up to the last minute with the weather.... Read More Pat was very professional and easy to work with. She has our strongest recommendation if you are looking for an officiant!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Samantha B

We worked with Rev. Sarah Harrison from Koru, and we could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding! She was fun, laid-back and very professional in all our meetings with her and on the big day. She gave us loads of incredibly useful tips which showed her extreme... Read More attention to detail and investment in making everything picture-perfect for us. With Koru you really get top-to-bottom service - they provide a full packet of options on what to say, what to include, and suggestions for readings, songs, vendors, etc., and everything is fully customizable to ensure the whole experience is exactly what you want. Overall, a wonderful group to work with.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Adam S

Pat could not have been easier to work with, nor created a better ceremony for Kristin and I. From the very beginning, Pat was tremendously responsive and attentive to our questions and needs. In addition to the direct ceremony language process (which was collaborative and... Read More customized), Pat provided guidance and recommendations for a host of other ceremony-related questions (vendors, readings, etc.). From the first meeting to the ceremony itself, Pat became more than just an officiant, and instead became the friend that helped celebrate our wedding. We cannot recommend Pat highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Breana M

Sarah was awesome! She was very open to any ideas we had for the ceremony and didn't try to sway us in any way, but was very helpful with any questions we had. She was so caring and made our ceremony very special!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Katie B

We are so happy we chose Koru Ceremony to officiate our wedding. Pat was easy to work with and very helpful. We were able to customize our ceremony and make it unique to us. Our ceremony was short, sweet, and meaningful, which is just how we wanted it. Thank you Pat and Koru... Read More Ceremony!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Maureen L

My husband and I chose Sarah Harrison from Koru Ceremony to be our officiant, and she did an absolutely beautiful job. She kept in touch up until the wedding day, arrived early to meet and organize things the day of, and gave us so many options to choose from for the wording and... Read More structure of the ceremony. She has such a calming presence, and so many of our guests commented on how pleasant her voice was, and how much they enjoyed the ceremony she helped us put together. Sarah was such a wonderful person to have during the planning of our wedding, at the rehearsal, and on the wedding day--she helped us personalize it, gave suggestions, and made our ceremony something we both loved. I'm so very glad to have gotten the chance to get to know her, and we feel lucky to have had her as our wedding officiant.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Vanessa G

It was a pleasure to work with Reverend Pat at Koru Ceremony. She gave us all the tools (sample readings, prayers, vows) we needed to make customizing our wedding ceremony a less intimidating process. And she guided us wherever we had questions or concerns. I should mention that... Read More we live out-of-state, and Reverend Pat was willing to work with us over the phone to put together our ceremony. She was extremely flexible, and we could modify the sample options that she provided however we liked or even add things that we found on our own. After answering questions about each other and our relationship, she put together a bit to say about us to personalize the ceremony, while incorporating some of her own thoughts about marriage. She was patient as we went back and forth a couple times with revisions. The end result was a meaningful wedding ceremony that we both enjoyed. We really appreciated all the effort Reverend Pat put in to make it perfect. I didn't anticipate we would get compliments about our officiant, but Reverend Pat was so amazing that multiple guests told us they were impressed by her. It speaks to how she was both great at helping put the ceremony together and great at delivering it.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Laura S

We couldn't have asked for a better officiant - Pat is perfect! We cannot say enough nice things about Pat, and we are so happy that she was part of our wedding day. Pat is kind, genuine, and hardworking. She did an outstanding job capturing how we felt about each other, and it... Read More created an emotional and love-filled ceremony. She tailors the ceremony to your personalities and beliefs -she truly wants to give you what you want. We loved working with Pat, and it was wonderful to hear that our guests were extremely impressed with her as well. Thank you Pat!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Jimmy P

We are so grateful that Sarah from Koru was able to be the officiant for our wedding! Our original officiant backed out three weeks before our wedding, and Sarah came to our rescue! She took the time out of her vacation with her family to craft a lovely personalized ceremony for... Read More us. We received many compliments on her style and demeanor. I really appreciate how she took the time to understand us as a couple. Everyone really enjoyed hearing her tell our love story. We were looking for a non-traditional, secular ceremony, and she gave us exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Amanda W

Pat Werk of Koru Ceremony did a fantastic job for our ceremony! We could not have asked for an easier and more relaxing planning process leading up to the wedding. The entire ceremony was catered to us as a couple and we received an overwhelming amount of compliments of guests... Read More saying that the ceremony was their favorite part of our big day! She traveled out of her way to be a part of our wedding weekend and happily attended our rehearsal and reception to get to know us better as a couple. Last minute the afternoon of the wedding, we asked Pat to add in a part to our ceremony for a wine box that my dad made for our 5th anniversary. She so eloquently came up with a quick add in to chat about the importance of the box and the notes we each wrote in the box for each other to read in 5 years. I can't recommend Pat enough! Thanks, Pat, for making our ceremony so memorable and stress free!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Kelli H

We worked with Pat for our wedding this July (2017) and loved her! We had worked with her previously on a family member's wedding and had a such a great experience with her that we knew we wanted her for our wedding. From the start, Pat was great about presenting options,... Read More helping us design the type of ceremony we were looking for, and customizing the ceremony to us and our requests. She put us at ease with all the hoops to jump through with the license and made it very easy to follow. Pat joined us for the rehearsal and we're so great we did it. She helped the wedding party and the family feel less nervous about the proceedings of the ceremony and was great at directing folks on what to do and when to do it. The wedding ceremony went off without a hitch (except for us getting hitched :)) and Pat was instrumental in that!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Samantha M

Where do we begin? Pat Werk of Koru Ceremony was everything we could have hoped for and so so so so much more. We knew we needed an officiant as we were getting married outside of the church but we had no idea where to begin. So we began our google, knot, and wedding wire... Read More searching and stumbled upon Koru Ceremony. We didn’t know what we were looking for but we knew when we talked with Pat that she was it. Koru Ceremony works with you to customize you ceremony from start to finish. Trust me there are many details you aren’t even thinking about yet! Pat lives more than an hour away from us but happily met us in the middle to get to know one another. We sat down and had a “consultation” prior to booking and after about 30 seconds of talking with Pat my husband and I both knew she was going to be a perfect fit. She is able to customize your ceremony from no religion to a completely religious ceremony (down to religious garb, etc.). She provides you with an intimidating amount of documents, research, and helpful tools — it seems like a lot of stuff when you are trying to customize your ceremony but after reading through all the things she had put together we were set — we didn’t need to look anywhere else in order to assemble our ceremony — she had it all. We met once again about a month prior to our wedding to tie-up any loose ends and do a run-through of the ceremony script. Then Pat joined us at our rehearsal to do a live walk-through with our parents and wedding party — it is not a requirement but I would highly highly recommend you include her at your ceremony — it made the day of a whole lot smoother (everyone knew her, everyone knew where they needed to be and when, etc). After the rehearsal we said our goodbyes until tomorrow. On the wedding day she made the time to come see me in the bridal suite to make sure I was comfortable and to let me know she was all set (she did the same with my husband) — it was reassuring to see her once before I saw her at the alter. The ceremony went off without a hitch and Pats soft and welcoming voice filled the room and all of our hearts. We are so glad we chose Koru Ceremony and would not have changed a minute of the process when it came to working with her.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Lauren R

I love how easy it was to make a unique ceremony perfect for our personalities and love story. Pat was amazing to work with and helped make our day exactly what we wanted. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Elly M

Sarah with Koru Ceremonies was an excellent officiant. The process that Koru uses to build a unique ceremony is well worth the money. Sarah was quick to respond to any questions we had and helped us stay organized every step of the way. We would highly recommend Koru Ceremonies... Read More to anyone who is looking for an officiant who will go the extra mile.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Katy V

Rev. Sarah was wonderful. I can't tell you how many people complimented us on how personal our ceremony was. She infused the ceremony with intimate details of our lives and love story and it really felt like a dear friend officiated our wedding. She was attentive and supportive... Read More throughout the planning process, but even more importantly she was such a calming force on the day of our wedding. I can't imagine a more perfect person to have officiated our ceremony.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 April M

Pat was amazing to work with for many reasons. She is a sweet person, well spoken and makes you feel at ease. She was flexible with our crazy work schedules and willing to meet us and talk with us whenever we needed. Pat helped make our ceremony truly and utterly us. She told... Read More our love story and made the ceremony more meaningful than I could have imagined. Many of my relatives and friends came up to me and told me how beautiful and eloquent the ceremony was because of her. They also loved the fact that we kept it short and sweet, about twenty minutes total. I would recommend Pat to anyone in need of an officiant.

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 w a

Pat Werk is an amazing and beautiful person. She made the process so easy, fun, and enjoyable. She had a plethora as very helpful resources for us to choose music, readings, ceremony styles, prayers and much more. She even helped us combine several verses to create the perfect... Read More match for us. We felt she really cared for us and for our day, and for a wonderful future. She added some very special touches as well. We would highly recommend her. We are blessed to have met Pat.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Kelsey J

My husband and I are so glad that we chose to work with Koru Ceremony to officiate our wedding. We worked with Rev. Amy Gile who was very professional and such a pleasure. It couldn't have gone any better. The best part about working with Koru for us was that we were able to... Read More customize our ceremony 100%.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Shauna P

I could not be more impressed with Pat and Koru! Our wedding ceremony was everything we could hope for. It was completely customized to our taste and very heartfelt. Pat is extremely organized and made our big day so much easier. The rehearsal was great and everyone knew their... Read More roles, so we were all confident when it came to the actual ceremony. I highly recommend Koru to other couples looking for a wonderful officiant.

Rev. Pat Werk

Hello, my name is Rev. Pat Werk. I have been an ordained non-denominational minister since 2005. I truly love creating personalized celebrations that mirror the vision, beliefs and relationship of the couples I work with. I respect and welcome people of all faiths, beliefs and traditions, as well as those who are non-religious, or from a different spiritual background from my own. With more than ten years worth of experience as an officiant, I can help you plan and carry out your perfect wedding day.