Personal & Custom Designed Wedding Ceremonies

The ceremony is the heart of your wedding day. It is our desire to create a one-of-a-kind ceremony that is personalized, coordinated with great care, and with attention to details that celebrates the two of you. Together we will create a custom ceremony that is meaningful, warm, and distinctly you.

Religious Affiliations

Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Lutheran, Nondenominational, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

Southern WI and Madison, WI (608) 213-7558

Reviewed on 10/17/2016

Where do I begin; If there were more stars to give I would give them hands down. My wife and I were married on October 15th this year and I cannot say enough about Pat Werk and Koru Ceremony. Pat was beyond extraordinary! Pat made us feel like we were the first and only couple... Read More she was dealing with. She made us feel like we were part of her family and it felt like we had known Pat our entire lives. We were unsure of the kind of wedding ceremony we wanted because both my wife and I have different beliefs. Pat was able to create a ceremony after talking with us that fit my wife and I perfectly to the point where neither of us felt like we compromised. I truly cannot express how grateful we are to her. I don't know how she does it other than she is pure genius! She incorporated everything we wanted and more. She also helped us with planning how the ceremony would go from the beginning to the end. The first night we met Pat we knew she was the one for us. She is very kind hearted, easy to talk to and laugh with. We don't consider this a business transaction; we consider Pat our friend. My wife and I would highly recommend anyone and everyone to use her for their ceremony. I would not look further than Pat ever again. She is very flexible and can make any wedding a success. Pat you are a true blessing and an incredible person. I cannot thank you enough for what you have done.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Carlie S

We were married in September 2016 by Rev. Amy Gile. We absolutely loved working with Amy. She was so friendly and we felt at ease with her as soon as we met her. My parents really wanted us to get married in a Catholic Church, but we wanted something more casual and personal... Read More and less religious. Amy was a great sport about letting my church's priest speak during the reading section of the ceremony, which meant a lot to my parents. Several months before the ceremony, Amy sent us a thorough ceremony-planning document that gave the outline of the ceremony with all possible sections, outlining which were required and which were optional, and a ton of different options for each section. We really enjoyed finding the ones that worked for us. Once we made our selections, Amy typed up the whole script so we could read through it and make sure everything flowed nicely. Our ceremony turned out just the way we wanted it, and we got tons of compliments from family and friends on how nice it was. We highly recommend Amy to anyone looking for a personalized ceremony!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Hannah G

I cannot praise and thank this vendor enough!! They are super organized and easy to work with. Rev Sarah Harrison was our officiant and she was wonderful!!!! To start, we received several documents with suggestions for songs, readings (both romantic and religious), unity... Read More ceremony ideas and much more. They not only made it easy for us to choose exactly what was said during our ceremony, but Sarah was also flexible with adding things in, cutting parts out, changing wording and being creative if you had an idea or suggestion she would come up with the best way to include it. Sarah was very good at responding/ communicating with us and flexible when setting up meetings. She did a excellent job keeping me on track (when I was becoming swamped with other wedding planning tasks) and reaching out to me with where we were at, what she still needed from me, and sending friendly reminders such as...make sure to bring your marriage license with you! Besides being easy and wonderful to work with, I received numerous compliments from our guest afterwards about how beautiful and different our ceremony was. It is a priceless feeling to have guests telling you "It was the best ceremony I have ever been to" and I owe it all to Koru Ceremony. I 100% recommend working with them, you will not be let down and will end up with a magical ceremony everyone is sure to remember.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Katy V

Rev. Sarah was wonderful. I can't tell you how many people complimented us on how personal our ceremony was. She infused the ceremony with intimate details of our lives and love story and it really felt like a dear friend officiated our wedding. She was attentive and supportive... Read More throughout the planning process, but even more importantly she was such a calming force on the day of our wedding. I can't imagine a more perfect person to have officiated our ceremony.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 April M

Pat was amazing to work with for many reasons. She is a sweet person, well spoken and makes you feel at ease. She was flexible with our crazy work schedules and willing to meet us and talk with us whenever we needed. Pat helped make our ceremony truly and utterly us. She told... Read More our love story and made the ceremony more meaningful than I could have imagined. Many of my relatives and friends came up to me and told me how beautiful and eloquent the ceremony was because of her. They also loved the fact that we kept it short and sweet, about twenty minutes total. I would recommend Pat to anyone in need of an officiant.

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 w a

Pat Werk is an amazing and beautiful person. She made the process so easy, fun, and enjoyable. She had a plethora as very helpful resources for us to choose music, readings, ceremony styles, prayers and much more. She even helped us combine several verses to create the perfect... Read More match for us. We felt she really cared for us and for our day, and for a wonderful future. She added some very special touches as well. We would highly recommend her. We are blessed to have met Pat.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Kelsey J

My husband and I are so glad that we chose to work with Koru Ceremony to officiate our wedding. We worked with Rev. Amy Gile who was very professional and such a pleasure. It couldn't have gone any better. The best part about working with Koru for us was that we were able to... Read More customize our ceremony 100%.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Shauna P

I could not be more impressed with Pat and Koru! Our wedding ceremony was everything we could hope for. It was completely customized to our taste and very heartfelt. Pat is extremely organized and made our big day so much easier. The rehearsal was great and everyone knew their... Read More roles, so we were all confident when it came to the actual ceremony. I highly recommend Koru to other couples looking for a wonderful officiant.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Lauren B

My husband and I could not be happier with our experience with Pat! She is thorough, thoughtful and truly made our ceremony special and individualized to us as a couple. I would recommend her to individuals of all religious backgrounds and levels of spirituality and even those... Read More with more secular views. She is respectful and kind and helps create a ceremony that you feel is truly representative of your beliefs and the marriage you hope to build. Cannot recommend her enough! :)

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Lynn M

Pat was extremely professional and organized. It was easy to tell that she has done many ceremonies before. She had lots of options to mix and match to create the perfect ceremony for us and was very accommodating of our particular wishes and requests. If you work with Pat, you... Read More will discover that she cares a lot about making you wedding day special and perfect!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Michael M

My review really cannot do justice for how amazing Pat was before, during, and after our wonderful wedding. My wife, Erin and I, were married on a crisp, gorgeous September 24th day at an unassuming locale known as Folklore Village. But our work with Pat began long before... Read More that, over a year in fact, when we were both newly engaged thumbing through her detailed, extensive wedding planner. Seeing as Pat was already a long time family friend of Erin's, I was nervous to make a good impression. As soon as I shook hands with Pat, those nerves quickly dissipated as her warm, kind personality radiated off of her. She helped walk us through how we envisioned our ceremony was going to be and made sure to incorporate unique aspects that we both wanted to experience during our day. At every step of the way she had an answer at the ready for us and made the planning process as stress free as possible. On our rehearsal day she was thoroughly prepared and helped walk us through the ceremony even though we still had many parts we were not sure how we wanted to play out. Even with our lack of preparation, Pat had the perfect response for what would work and made what would normally be a tense afternoon seem blissful. The day of the wedding could not have gone more smoothly. Minutes before the ceremony, as I stood outside the chapel with my fellow groomsmen, she made sure to spend time and chit chat (and even take a couple pictures) with us to make us feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible. I cannot describe how grateful I was for her to step aside from an extremely busy schedule to do that. Erin and I cannot thank Pat enough for officiating our wedding and we fully endorse everyone to consider her when they are planning their wedding. We really cannot thank you enough for how appreciative we are of your work.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Chelsea R

Pat was outstanding. We were so honored to have her officiate our big day. She was so fantastic and fun to work with leading up to our wedding (meeting at coffee shops, responding to emails and questions within hours, etc.). She did such a great job making our ceremony special,... Read More fun and personal. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone. We were so lucky to have her!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Melissa M

A friend referred us to Pat Werk of Koru Ceremony for our wedding, and as soon as we met her, we knew we wanted to work with her. Pat is wonderful; she’s warm and friendly, professional and incredibly well organized. She has over 10 years of experience and a wealth of resources... Read More that were invaluable in planning our ceremony and helping our selection of other vendors. It’s obvious that Pat puts all her efforts and emotions into her work to make one of the most important days of our lives as personal and memorable as possible.

2016-10-13T22:27:36 Response from the vendor

Dear Melissa and Tom- Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review for me. I'm humbled by your extremely kind words of praise. Your wedding at Olbrich Gardens was so beautiful and I loved how you incorporated the peacock feather theme into your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Erica M

My husband and I had an incredible experience with Reverend Pat Werk from Koru Ceremony: Celebrating New Beginnings. Pat officiated our wedding on June 11th, 2016. We were originally planning on having a friend officiate, but after just our first meeting with Pat we realized... Read More there was much more work involved in officiating than we had initially realized, and that Pat was a true professional. Pat met and worked with us in the months leading up to our wedding, providing us with hundreds of pages of material and a questionnaire so she could develop a personalized ceremony. I really appreciated that she balanced a more traditional ceremony that my parents would have liked with the more secular one I had in mind. She ran the rehearsal very efficiently, going over details we had never thought of and making sure everyone knew their cues and roles. All the preparation paid off and our ceremony went off flawlessly! It is hard to describe just how great our experience with Pat was. We especially loved how she included personal information about our relationship in the ceremony. Everything seemed to go so perfectly and we never had to worry about that aspect of the wedding, which was nice because there is plenty of other stuff to worry about. Every wedding we have been to since makes us happier with our decision to have Pat officiate our wedding. Additionally, Pat helped walk us through the process of applying for the marriage license and certificate, and had a nice handout letting us know everything we needed to complete for that process. She also took care of filing the certificate and was really quick about it. I would recommend her to everyone.

2016-10-11T20:07:06 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you, Erica and Erik, for writing such a glowing review for me. It was so much fun to work with both of you and I'm so pleased that you felt your ceremony was flawless! I greatly appreciate your taking the time to write... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Dan C

Pat was very personable and worked with us to tailor our ceremony and incorporate traditions from each side of the family. Koru offers many options to create your perfect ceremony. Not only was Pat great on the day of the ceremony, but she was also very helpful answering our... Read More many questions about the necessary steps to getting our marriage license from out of state. I would highly recommend Pat Werk or Koru for anybody who wants the best on their wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Nicole S

We had a great experience with Pat Werk. She was very responsive to all emails and phone calls, and overall very pleasant to work with. Everything was done professionally and efficiently. She allowed us to customize our ceremony while adding her own flair. We would highly... Read More recommend her!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Colleen U

We worked with Reverend Amy Gile. She took time to get to know us and our love story and was very warm and friendly and easy to work with. She provided us with a lot of material to design our own ceremony and offered suggestions and feedback for our personally written vows and... Read More ceremony design. She had experience as a wedding planner before becoming an officiant which became apparent as we worked with her. She managed the wedding rehearsal wonderfully and that had it's challenges as we had to make a last minute decision on the processional music. She was professional in appearance and attitude and I am grateful to her for helping to make our wedding day such a nice event.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Rachel W

Pat was so great to work with. She was great at helping us work out every little detail. She had basically unlimited options for how you can do your ceremony, so she really takes time to find out what you want. Her positive energy was amazing to have during our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

Special and personalized ceremony which was very pretty. I loved how she gave us multiple choices to tailor the ceremony. Made it very unique and personally touching.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Cassandra F

From our initial meeting with Pat we knew she was going to be great to work with. She was very accommodating, prepared and helpful. Our ceremony was beautiful and she incorporated everything we wanted. The 100+ degree heat didn't even phase her! Thank you Pat for making our... Read More day so special!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Rachel B

Pat Werk from Koru was simply incredible. From the moment we met her we knew that she would be the perfect person to marry us. She's sweet, caring, and kind. She pays special attention to little details and made my now-husband and I feel so important. Our ceremony was beautiful... Read More and we are honored that she helped make it so special!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Mallory L

Pat invested a lot of time to getting to know my Husband and I. We were planning a Wisconsin wedding from Kansas and she was willing to work with us long distance! The rehearsal was short, sweet and to the point- which we appreciated. Pat was professional and calm the day of the... Read More wedding, and gave us the very personalized ceremony we had hoped for. Our guests complimented the ceremony and enjoyed all of the unique touches it included.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Ruth R

From our first meeting with Pat Werk, we knew that this calm, detail-oriented, warm woman had to officiate our ceremony. Pat gave us so many choices for what to include in our ceremony and helped us think through how best to make our ceremony a reflection of our relationship.... Read More Many of our guests said that it was the most meaningful ceremony they had ever witnessed, and I don't think there was a dry eye in the house! Pat ran the rehearsal and ceremony with that same warmth and pervasive calm from when we first met her, and we appreciated how prepared she was for every component. Pat gave us the resources to be completely present in the ceremony, which was an amazing way to begin our adventure of marriage!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Trisha P

My wife and I are SO happy we went with Koru Ceremony to officiate our wedding. Rev. Pat Werk was quick to respond to our questions, and up front with pricing and service options. The pricing is comparable to other officiants in the area, but Koru really goes above and beyond to... Read More make sure you're taken care of, and they provide tons of options to make your ceremony truly unique. As it turns out, the primary officiant, Rev. Pat Werk, was already booked on our wedding date, so we went with her colleague Rev. Amy Gile. Rev. Gile was absolutely wonderful to work with. She has many years of wedding planning experience, and has officiated hundreds of ceremonies of all types. We appreciated being in experienced hands. She provided insights into other areas of wedding planning, in addition to giving up sound recommendations for the ceremony. She provided us with many options for various parts of the ceremony, but never pressured us one way or the other. She told us what worked well in the past, and let us customize to our hearts delight. With Rev. Gile, we felt we had the perfect combination of guidance and ability to create something all our own throughout the planning process. We emailed her back and forth a few times, and met in person a couple times as well. She was always quick to respond and happy to meet in person if we wished. On the day of the wedding rehearsal and the wedding itself, Rev. Gile was well prepared and professional in her delivery of the ceremony materials. Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better officiant. She was fun to work with, entertaining to our guests, and professional throughout the process. We highly recommend her to anyone, whether you're looking for someone to hold your hand throughout the planning stages, or looking for someone to point you in the right direction as you make a ceremony all your own.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Christina B

We do not have enough great things about Pat. We had heard how important an experienced officiant is, and Pat was the best! We met her a little less than a year before our wedding. She made the process so easy for my (now) husband and myself. I loved that we were able to... Read More create the ceremony with Pat. There were no surprises, we knew everything that was going to be said in advance. She had so many options to make our ceremony unique and fit us perfectly. We had so many friends and family members tell us after the wedding how special our ceremony was-and that was due to Pat. She was professional, organized, and truly took time to get to know us before our wedding. In our opinion, the ceremony was the most important part of the day for my husband and I. Pat did an amazing job and we were so thankful for her.

Rev. Pat Werk

Hello, my name is Rev. Pat Werk. I have been an ordained non-denominational minister since 2005. I truly love creating personalized celebrations that mirror the vision, beliefs and relationship of the couples I work with. I respect and welcome people of all faiths, beliefs and traditions, as well as those who are non-religious, or from a different spiritual background from my own. With more than ten years worth of experience as an officiant, I can help you plan and carry out your perfect wedding day.