Is this your business? claim it now

Kreutzer Dorl Florist

Newport, KY

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

611 York St, Newport, KY (859) 261-1050

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Susan B

Ten stars wouldn't be enough!! My husband and I were extremely pleased with th e service we received from Skip of Kreutzer & Dorl Florist, Newport, KY ! To begin with, it should be said, we are an "older than most" couple that sends reviews. My husband has been using... Read More www.theladybugflorist for over six years, for business. Yes! The lady bug is their signature and flowers come adorned with this extra special touch, with one in each arrangement! No worries, they are not alive! On several occasions, while dating, I was the recipient of Skip's "magic". I was more than thrilled when my husband told me Skip was meeting with us for the wedding plans! Detail to our requests were taken very seriously and carried out without fail. Attention to detail, communication and follow-up;superb! From boutonnière's to bouquets; extravagant! Our venue was large and Skip filled every inch with beauty. My husband was one of the first to view the ceremony/reception area and told Skip " it was gorgeous" and just had to give him a huge hug. He knew I would be pleased. My story is a Cinderella story. When I stepped into Skip's "ballroom" , it was so pretty, breathtaking! Absolutely gorgeous, everything and more a bride dreams of ! Without a doubt, the most beautiful setup I had ever seen! And it was all for us! We had over 150 guests and many asked "who is your florist"? "Over-the-top gorgeous ". We sent many flowers home with guests who were ecstatic to receive them and had enough to distribute on our deceased parents graves for Memorial Day. We are so grateful for Kreutzer & Dorl's expertise! We personally stopped in to thank Skip (not without happy tears) for his tremendous display of love! Kreutzer & Dorl Florist will easily be recommended; not only for a wedding day but for any occasion! Choosing this florist to make our wedding day gorgeous, even "magical", was the easiest decision we made. We highly recommend this Kreutzer & Dorl team. Not only are they creative, caring and passionate about what they do, they are two of the nicest men you will ever meet. They aided in completing my Cinderella story and we will be forever grateful!!!!!

Magnificent

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Jennifer G

Skip Dorl and team absolutely fulfilled my wedding floral fantasy! I cannot say enough good things or rate him highly enough on these scales to tell the whole story. Skip created my bridal bouquet, 2 bridesmaids bouquets, dinner table centerpieces,cocktail hour decor, a... Read More large ceremony piece, and multiple corsages and boutonnieres. The quality of the flowers, the design, and the customer service are unparalleled. The staff at the venue told me over and over that they were the most beautiful flowers that they had ever seen, and WHERE did I find my florist? Skip does not advertise, that I am aware of, and he doesn't need to. His reputation and quality of work do that for him. I am honored that his work graced my wedding! Not to mention, you will not find a man more kind. I love flowers, and know just enough about them to be dangerous :). I am also very particular and detail oriented. All of this being said, I could not be happier with the experience, end result and price. THANK YOU SKIP!! :)

Amazing Florist to Work With!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Janelle W

I absolutely loved working with Skip! Wedding arrangements are obviously his forte! I really did not know what I wanted for sure, so I just gave him the colors I wanted to use, and he took it from there. Never did I worry about whether the flowers would be beautiful or not. And... Read More on my wedding day when I saw the flowers, that was the moment I got butterflies in my stomach! They were gorgeous and really complemented my whole theme!

Wonderful staff and great design

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Sydney

I recommend Skip Dorl and the folks at Kreutzer & Dorl Florists to every bride I meet. Skip is a true artist. This isn't the cookie cutter arrangement you see on telefloral.com. The only (minor) downside is that you do pay a higher price for his artistry, but I thought the... Read More design and value was well worth it.

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 4/13/2013 Jeanette E

Skip listened to my vision, and understood how I wanted the flowers to look. He was fabulous with email communication. Great florist for a reasonable price!

Gorgeous flowers - wonderful people!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Julie W

Skip and staff are abosultely wonderful! When Skip brought me my bouquet, I cried as it was even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! SO many special touches and an unexpected combination of flowers that popped against my dress. Skip is one of a kind, a gentle... Read More sole and invests all he has in making your day unique and special. He can do the run of the mill, of the moment flowers - but if you are looking for something more creative - set him loose and you will not be dissapointed! Even each teaches a floral design class here in town, that shows you how good he is and how much he loves to work with people! In fact, we liked him so much my Mom and I are taking his class this fall! Choose Skip, you won't be dissapointed...and you'll have fun searching for his signature lady bug pin in your bouquet...their trademark, he hides a lady bug pin in every arragement!

Need more stars

Reviewed on 9/15/2012 Zdenka P

Skip Dorl has exceeded every single expectation. Our centerpieces turned absolutely stunning, modern, unique and perfect for the venue. Skip worked with our budget to make sure every little detail was taken care of. Not to mention, he was very patient and accommodating!

Definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Stacey C

They did an amazing job with our center pieces. We used tropical leaves with really tall vases that we were able to rent out from this place. I had seashells that I wanted to have put in the vases. It was a nice surprise to see they were able to string them up so they floated... Read More throughout the vase in the water and I didn't have to worry about any kind of set up or having to bring them back. The price was great, too!

Flowers

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Ann F

Skip was the best to work with! My flowers turned out even better than I ever hoped!

BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed on 12/20/2011 Layne B

Working with Kreutzer and Dorl Florists may have been the easiest part of our wedding planning. I am not very knowledgable when it comes to flowers, but Frank's execution was MORE than I could have ever dreamed of having! He did a wonderful job. Everything was gorgeous -... Read More fresh, beautiful... just perfect! I would highly recommend Kreutzer & Dorl Florists and will certainly use them again for other events. Very easy to work with, very creative, pricing was reasonable and we could NOT be happier to have had them be a part of our big day!

Dream not so much...

Reviewed on 11/17/2011 Breck L

I choose Kreutzer & Dorl Florists because I trusted the florist with MY idea for MY wedding boquet and after email, and email, and email, I put ALL my trust you could into a florist and just believed they could do what I was looking for.. well the day before my wedding (they... Read More were closed the day of) my mother picked up my wedding boquete and it was NOTHING like the florist said she could and would do! I was in tears!! So my husband and I drove down there and demanded they fix my flowers! Some stuff I didn't even ask for was in the boquet for the price we payed I was definitely very upset! But one of the owners was there and he took my boqouet apart and started again. It was put together sloppy, and I bought stuff personally to put onto the flowers and they didn't even include that, but he did everything he could to make sure it was at least "close" to what I wanted! So by the end of the 45mins of being there we left with a boqouet I wasn't "too" upset with...

Florist

Reviewed on 10/05/2010 Jessica H

Skip is an excellent florist! I do not have much knowledge with different flowers, just had ideas of what colors I liked. He has such great visions that when I received the flowers on my wedding day, they were more then I could have ever imagined. The bridesmaids bouquets... Read More were gorgeous and the guests table arrangements were so beautiful. He worked with our budget and gave us beautiful arrangements! He is did my 2 sister's weddings also! He is tried and true!

Exceeded my wildest expectations

Reviewed on 9/23/2010 Erica H

I'm not gonna lie, I really thought no way can this big guy make a beautiful work of art. And then, I walked in and poof, my vision was made out of vines and flowers and sparkly picks. The best part about working w/ Skip is how excited he was to do this challenge that I threw... Read More down. I wanted my centerpieces to look like fireworks and stay w/ in budget. He did both with flying colors. Strangers were coming into the room just to say how GORGEOUS the centerpieces were. C'mon that speaks for itself! All my mother could say was, he hit it out of the park(over and over again!)

True Excellence!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Cassie R

We had a themed wedding which required flowers from a specific time and place. Kreutzer & Dorl enjoyed the unique challenges of the project and meet our needs perfectly. I especially apprecitated the creativity they brought to a fairly old fashion theme. I could not have been... Read More more pleased with the creative and theme specific results.

Kreutzer and Dorl Florists

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Megan S

Kreutzer and Dorl did a beautiful job for all of the flowers that we had in our wedding. They were very easy to work with and offered many creative inspirations to help us make decisions. We have always used Kreutzer and Dorl for all of our flowers, for as long as I can... Read More remember and I knew that they would be the perfect florists for our wedding. People raved about the flowers, our flowers changed the whole feel of our wedding and reception and made for a beautiful backdrop for many gorgeous wedding pictures!

Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Best Florist!!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2010 Liz S

The flowers for my wedding and reception were incredible. My florist was Skip Dorl of Kreutzer &Dorl, of Newport Kentucky. The combination of the girls purple dresses with bouquets of hot pink roses with hydrangeas and cascading orchids were eye popping, which were similar to... Read More my bouquet of white roses and orchids. The real treat was the reception. Alternating tall pilsner vases were on the tables.Over six of the tables were ice sculptures in diamond shapes suspended from the ceiling which dripped all evening into a bubble bowl with purple tulips swirled in them, Skip wired orchids into each ice sculpture to hang from each sculpture, along with the hot pink roses. Each arrangement and ice sculpture was then accented with pin lighting to give a very dramatic effect. While the hanging ice diamonds in themselves were unique, Skip took them over the top and gave the room a "Wow" factor. I would highly recommend Skip to any bride-to-be looking for a florist to make their wedding day extra special!

Reviewed on 10/01/2007 Terra B

Very easy to work with. Works with your vision to create a beautiful wedding. A true perfectionist!

Reviewed on 9/23/2007 Amanda N

My florist was my uncle, so I am biased, but the work he did was absolutely amazing. If I had paid retail for the flowers I had at the wedding and reception it would have been close to $15K. He is a perfectionists and almost two years later people are still talking about how... Read More stunning the flowers were at our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/10/2007 Michelle D

They were very open to my suggestions, and ideas. They were very affordable for the selection of flowers I choose.;Meet with them often to ensure that you are getting exactly what you want.