Kristen Kaiser | Adventurous Elopements + Weddings

Adventure elopement, wedding, engagement and boudoir photographer based in central Illinois, but will happily travel to wherever your sweet love takes you. Focused on the candid and unplanned moments that are authentic, sometimes messy, but beautifully and uniquely you. Most of my clients become good friends because I don't just show up on your wedding or elopement day, take a few photos and jet. I get to know all of my clients, because knowing what makes your heart skip a beat and your love deepen leads to even more beautiful, meaningful images. A few of my favorite things: stormy days + Michael Scott + traveling + loud laughers + road trips + oldies music + camping + fruit + henna + trail running + mountains + open spaces + ginger

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Natalie C

I first came across Kristen as a reference from a string of endless photographers that were either unavailable on our wedding date, out of our budget range or weren't able to travel to Northwestern Illinois. When I came across Kristen, she was one of the only photographers to be... Read More flexible with our date, budget and wedding destination. But one of the things that stuck out most to me during my first interactions with Kristen was her desire and passion to just capture us being us. Because after all is said and done, the wedding is planned and the day as passed, all you have left is your memories and your photos of you and your spouse and all the emotions that were flowing that day. Somehow, Kristen captured every single memory, feeling of joy and pure love perfectly in her each photo. I could go on and on about how amazing each shot was and the endless compliments we still receive on all our photos, but no amount of words will be able to describe the beautiful work-- you'd have to check her work out for yourself. And while there are many other photographers out there who are beyond talented, there is only one Kristen who's heart is made of gold! She cares for her clients more than any of my other vendors could have dreamed about. From your first email to the engagement session to the wedding day to 2 months post the wedding, she continually follows up with you to make sure you're happy and stress free because she CARES. It's more than a client relationship, she makes you want to be her friend, stalk her Instagram and hangout on weekends to binge watching The Office--because she's that cool. We are just so beyond bless and excited and grateful we choose Kristen (and she choose us) for the best day of our lives and we're so excited to continue working with her for all our future sessions!! I just feel bad for anyone who doesn't get her as their photographer!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Ali + Cam H

Everyone desires to have their story told in a way that truly portrays the value + emotion of their life at a given time – and ours, in this season, happens to be a story of redemption, freedom + love. We had seen, followed + admired the work of photographer Kristen Kaiser for... Read More over a year + had fallen in love with her talent. The way she tells stories through her lens is remarkably captivating + there was no question that we wanted our day to be captured + shared through her perspective. Now, if you’re soon-to-be married folk then you probably know it would benefit you to not only have a “plan A” but a B, C + D… for the just in case scenarios. We didn’t do that. Then again, we had a small, intimate wedding with about 10 family members present… what could go wrong? • A “winter storm” shut the city down • Hair stylist for the Bride cancelled 5 days before wedding • Groom-to-be visited the ER + walked out though the doc wanted to admit him to the hospital the day before the wedding • Cake vendor cancelled DAY OF • Brunch vendor cancelled DAY OF Plans and expectations changed due to conditions out of our control, therefore I had to be realistic in thinking that if a local vendor has to cancel due to inclement weather conditions, I seriously can’t expect my photographer to travel to Central Alabama from Central Illinois. But she did - along with her second shooter. Multiple flights cancelled + a spontaneous road trip later… they showed up. This spoke VOLUMES! Not only are Kristen Kaiser’s photographs a true work of art, but the integrity + client-centeredness of their business is unsurpassed. From the skype coffee date to the unpacking of my wedding photos in hand, the experience was a relaxed, fun + exciting one. We knew we weren't just 'hiring' Kristen, but choosing to make an investment... in us, for our day. Our wedding day photographs are a treasure. Now those precious once-in-a-lifetime moments aren't just memories running through our minds but moments captured. Tangible reminders of… redemption, freedom, + love. Our story was a story well told. #kudosforkaiser

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Barbara E

When my husband and I decided to elope in Chicago, I felt completely lost booking a photographer because there are so many to choose from and I lived in a different country! I enlisted my wedding photographer friends to find someone for me, and they raved about Kristen’s work.... Read More Even though all of our correspondence before the big day was through email, I felt like I had already met her and made a new friend because her genuinely warm and caring spirit was shone through in every email. When it came to the day of our elopement, Kristen was FLAWLESS! I was worried that having a photographer might put a damper on our elopement because my husband dislikes having his picture taken, but Kristen reassured me that she loves authentic moments, and we’d never hear, “look at the camera and smile.” She was right!! Kristen’s playful yet relaxed and professional vibe was just perfect for us to stay in the moment and not be distracted by having our pictures taken. We adore the final photos. Kristen’s work precisely captured the excitement and happiness of the day!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jessi I

I don’t feel there are enough adequate words to express just how AMAZING Kristen and her husband Eric are! They were the most encouraging, kind people on our wedding day, not to mention, they are extraordinaryly talented behind the lens! The images that we’ve received have blown... Read More us away and were truly beyond what we could have ever imagined! If you want a genuine, down to earth, fun loving couple to hang out with on your wedding day and get bad to the bone images on top of it all, book these two! They are ROCK STARS!!!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Laura M

Kristen and her partner were so great. They shot my sister's wedding last weekend and already have a beautiful collection of completely edited and stunning photos (that's super fast, right??). They were also very laid back and easy to work with + very comfortable to be around.... Read More Would totally 100% recommend to any couple looking for unique and timeless photos.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Julie W

Kristen took pictures of our husband and I a few years after we got married (we had a different photographer for our wedding and we were NOT happy with the quality we received). I didn't even want to print our wedding photos to display in our home... now we have beautiful... Read More artistic images that we're proud to be able to see daily and show others. She truly does beautiful work, and makes sure your final images are ones that are flattering and dynamic. Thank you, Kristen!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017

We could not be happier with our pictures!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Devyn F

"Picking Kristen to photograph our wedding day and the moments leading up to it was one of the first and best decisions I made regarding our wedding. The minute I met with Kristen I KNEW she was the one we wanted to be a part of our wedding! She was so relaxed but focused, and... Read More was more than a photographer. She was a friend, a fresh eye to give wedding thoughts, someone I could count on and trust. When Kristen took our engagement photos we instantly felt so comfortable, she didn't make us do weird or cheesy photos. She simply captured us in our element, just loving and interacting with each other. Leading up to the wedding she created our timeline, helped me decide times for ceremony, pictures, sunset pictures, everything. She was never pushy or bossy, always very loving and encouraging with her advice. The best part was I fully trusted her, because of that I felt no stress going into the big day, because I knew she would take that on for me. I am so thankful we chose her and now I have a lifelong photography friend, which always comes in handy! Even looking back a year later I am in awe of how beautifully she captured our day and I will remember that beautifully forever."

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Erika A

Kristen is truly the best, ever! Her work reflects her unique style beautifully, while capturing true love and intimacy. We were so lucky to get to work with her, and I definitely recommend Kristen to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017

Kristen was so great and I would love to book with her again! Booking the session was easy, she responded to questions promptly and was not only very professional she makes you feel totally comfortable in front of the camera! Not to mention her work is absolutely beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Ashley M

Kristen was super easy to work with and took amazing photos for our engagement session. My favorite part about working with her was that she was willing to step outside of her comfort zone and took some of our engagement photos in a gymnastics gym- not your typical setting! She... Read More definitely rose to the occasion. I would absolutely recommend her, and would be happy to work with her again.

2017-05-08T13:58:14 Response from the vendor

Hey, girl! It was so much fun working with you! I love that you guys wanted to incorporate something you were passionate about into your session and I LOVED how the photos turned out!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Kaitie R

I initially reached out to Kristen because I wanted to gift my fiancé with something I knew he’d love—boudoir photos. I had been following her work and knew she was the perfect person to shoot something so intimate. However, as Kristen and I communicated about the shoot, she... Read More transformed my perception of the session completely. I went from thinking about the photos as something only for my fiancé, something I was happy to do for him, but something I was nervous about nonetheless— to viewing this opportunity as a celebration of my body and femininity. During the shoot, I felt so comfortable with Kristen, even shooting a few photos completely nude, because she was so professional, complimentary and overall, just made me feel beautiful. The photos she shared were so tasteful and artistic to the point where I was showing my girlfriends (and anyone who mentioned boudoir photography) because I loved them so much, as did my fiancé when I gave him an album before our wedding. I have recommended Kristen to anyone and everyone who has even mentioned boudoir photography in my presence because I absolutely loved working with her and treasure the photos she created so much.

2017-05-08T14:05:30 Response from the vendor

I am so happy we got a chance to work together! You totally rocked your boudoir session and I'm so stoked you had a wonderful experience and love the photos!

Kristen Kaiser

Oh hey! I’m Kristen. I’m a lifelong midwesterner from Illinois who is sarcastic, easily distracted, and loves connecting with new people. Three years ago I married the quirkiest and most wonderful human being I’ve ever met. When we’re not shooting weddings together, we LOVE to travel and explore new places. Some of my favorite things in the world are re-watching The Office, ginger in any form, music, being barefoot, watching the sun rise and set, and anything outdoors. I quit my corporate gig a couple years ago to travel around the world documenting couples in love and I couldn't be happier.