This is Modern Romance.

Previously two separate companies both owned by Kristen Taylor (Kristen Taylor Photography and Kindred by Kristen Taylor), they have now combined into KRISTEN TAYLOR & CO. 4 awesome photographers, 10 years in business, 20+ combined years of experience, 23 times published, 300+ weddings photographed. Find the photographer that fits you like your favorite pair of jeans.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Birmingham, MI

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Ali H

We just received the proofs from our September wedding (so quick!) and we could not be happier. Kristen is unbelievably talented and her unique vision is brought to life for us to relive our perfect day for the rest of our lives. She and her team are so professional and... Read More really make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Photography is the number one vendor you cannot skimp on for your wedding, you would be lucky to have Kristen and her team.

most complimented photos!

Reviewed on 3/11/2013 Rachel H

Kristen shot our engagement and wedding photos. Our wedding photos turned out so beautifully that even people I don't know very well have approached me to tell me they saw my wedding pictures and love them. My husband and I love them too. Her aesthetic has an artsy feel... Read More without straying too far from the traditional. She took my requests into account and she scouted out a gorgeous outdoor location for our wedding party pictures. I have no complaints!

Review of Kristen Taylor Photography

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Kari A

We used Courtney (Kristen's associate) for our wedding and we could not have been happier. She shot our engagement session in downtown Detroit and she made us feel very relaxed and at ease. During the wedding, she was very helpful and was creative in terms of her shots. Everyone... Read More loved her and her staff and said how nice they were. The engagement pics came out great so I cant wait to see the wedding photos!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Katherine M

My husband and I just received our pictures today and are absolutely THRILLED with the results!! The only problem we have is narrowing down which ones we want to keep, because they are all so beautiful :). Two things stick out to me most about Kristen: 1)I'm not so natural in... Read More front of the camera, and Kristen was great with pointers and helpful hints that helped us look our best. 2) As I'm sure happens with a lot of weddings, we were a little bit behind schedule with getting ready. Kristen and her assistant struck the perfect balance of being both calm and speedy. Their professionalism shined here! I can't recommend Kristen enough for your wedding. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Alyssa B

My husband and I cannot stop talking about how much we loved our photographer, Kristin G! She is absolutely amazing at her job and we can't wait to recommend her to all of our friends as they get engaged. The entire process of working with Kristen Taylor Photography was super... Read More easy and they made me feel so comfortable in the weeks leading up to the wedding day and, of course, on the day of! They were so professional and everything having to do with the photography of our wedding could not have gone any smoother! Our pictures are stunning...of course I love them but I have gotten countless compliments from our friends and family as well. If I had to do our wedding over again, I would choose Kristen Taylor Photography every time! :)

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Danielle A

Kristen Taylor is the best at what she does! She shot both our engagement session and wedding, and on both occasions took photos that captured our day so beautifully. She is so good in a fact, we have kept her "in the family" as she has shot other friends weddings and engagement... Read More sessions as well!! Kristen will make sure your day runs smooth and you will feel at ease that each moment is being captured with true artistic flare! Don't even hesitate, you'll be in great hands!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015

Kristen and her team were amazing! They were extremely professional but also very fun to have around. They captured all the moments that were important to us and even the ones that we didn't know were important until we saw the amazing photos! Kristen took time to get to know... Read More us before the wedding, which was invaluable. The pictures were better that we ever expected. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Katie K

The day I shared my wedding photos on social media, I received emails from people I hadn't spoken to since high school telling me how GORGEOUS my husband, Adam and I's wedding photos were. Our fairytale wedding couldn't have been captured any better. Courtney with Kristen Taylor... Read More Photography is so talented and professional...she's truly amazing!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Shannon A

I was an out of town bride and put our wedding together over a few months. Kindred by Kristen Taylor was really great to work with throughout the whole process. Courtney was my photographer and I couldn't have asked for someone more flexible, organized and easy to work with. She... Read More was really laid back, but able to give direction and get exactly what we wanted. We did our (complimentary!) engagement shoot the day before our wedding and even with things being very hectic because of our schedule, we had such a great time and Courtney helped us feel super relaxed. The day of our wedding went really smoothly, I couldn't have asked for anything better. Courtney and her team kept us ahead of schedule, were all so nice and creative with their ideas! My family commented on how hard everyone with Kindred worked during our wedding and the final product really shows... the pictures are awesome! I have procrastinated ordering prints because there are so many that I want, I can't choose! I'm in love with our pictures; they truly capture what an amazing day we had. I would highly recommend Courtney as a photographer!

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Caroline D

We could not be happier with our wedding photos! Kristin G. was our photographer and she is absolutely amazing. Their team is professional, organized and so talented! I've received so many compliments from our friends and guests saying these are the best wedding photos they've... Read More ever seen. We highly recommend Kristen Taylor and her entire team, they are amazing!

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 Katie M

Kindred by Kristen Taylor photographed our wedding. From the very beginning, Courtney and Kristen were the extremely professional. It was so easy to work with such kind people. Our engagement session photos were beautiful and really captured our personalities. Planning for the... Read More wedding with them was very easy. They developed a schedule for the day of and really listened to what my husband and I desires with our photos. The pictures are so amazing! Courtney and her assistants were very spot on! They captured every little detail of our day, snapped pics of everything we wanted, and really went above and beyond. Now the only trouble is choosing which ones to print! (Not a bad problem) I think everyone that sees our pictures comments on the quality and diversity of them! Thank you for making our pictures the lasting memories of our special day!!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Ashley R

Kristen & her team are incredible. Our wedding photos are straight out of a magazine, and the experience working with her is the best. I have referred her to MANY friends who have had the same experience!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Ariana B

We worked with Kristin G for our engagement and wedding session and she was incredible. Someone pointed out to me before we booked the wedding that you spend so much time with your photographer and it's really important to get along with them, something I never would have... Read More thought of otherwise. We loved her! Our wedding party loved her! Our families loved her! She fit so seamlessly into the wedding day and made the awkwardness of posing for photos for hours on end seem a little bit easier. I know the photos will represent the awesome experience we had.

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Heather R

Kristen and her team are absolutely amazing! I've been a fan of her work for many years and when it was my turn to get married, it wasn't even a question with who I'd choose for my photographer. She gets me and my obsession with small details and of course vintage glam. We are... Read More so happy with the way our photos came out and highly recommend her and her team!

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Jamison S

Breathtaking! Kristen is incredible! She captured our day perfectly! We couldnt be happier with our pictures. Everyone of our guest were photgraphed. Kristen didn't miss a beat. The Old Fashioned Photo Booth was a hit with our guests, both young and old. Thanks for giving us... Read More memories to last a lifetime!

Exceptional service and photos!

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Lauren K

Kristen not only takes great photos but has a work ethic and level of professionalism that made the process effortless. Kristen was a key component to keeping our day running as smoothly as possible. She coordinated well with other vendors prior to the big day and went above and... Read More beyond to meet our needs as clients. She does an excellent job at making you feel comfortable in front of the camera. We absolutely love our wedding photos and are so happy we chose her as our photographer.

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Janelle C

From the moment I met Kristen in her beautiful office I was in love! I am not usually the biggest fan of pictures of myself so I knew I wanted to invest in a good Photographer. I must have stalked her pictures on her blog past 3 years and everyone she photographed looked... Read More amazing. Kristen had such great ideas on pictures to take that I didn't even think of. She was extremely organized and kept the day on track. Both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures were PERFECT. I could not have asked for more. Can't wait for my book to come in, I am pretty sure I will take it everywhere with me showing it off!

Absolute perfection

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Lauren M

Courtney does a fabulous job and is so great to work with. She is so nice and easy going and gets exactly what you want. I love her work and anxious to see all of the wedding photos. From what I have seen so far I couldnt be happier.

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Justina N

Kristen's work was truly perfection. Not only did she take some stunning pictures, but she also made sure we stuck to the wedding day schedule and thanks to her, we didn't miss a beat. We love all the images from the day and looking back on them transports us right back to... Read More that wonderful time. Kristen's work will definitely be treasured for years to come!

Best choice we made!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Caitlin R

Kristen was OUTSTANDING!! She is a true professional and artist. She is extremely efficient and knows exactly how to get amazing shots with the best use of time to keep everyone on track. She made sure to get the shots that she knew were important to my groom and me. We had such... Read More peace of mind throughout the entire day knowing Kristen was our photographer. Highest recommendation possible. If you want stunningly beautiful, timeless and truly professional photography - Kristen is your girl!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Jenna F

We were thrilled with Courtney, our wedding photographer (part of Kristen Taylor Photography). She is extremely talented, knows what she is doing, very timely and has a great personality! We really enjoyed working with her and can't wait to see our wedding pictures! If they're... Read More anything like our engagement photos, they're going to be perfect!

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/08/2014 Katie P

Where and how to begin this review!! Kristen and her team of photographers were incredible and so friendly and professional! They put everyone at ease and made it a such a joyful experience, even for those that don't particularly liked to be photographed! Everyone in the... Read More wedding party said that they were a blast to work with! Kristen did an amazing job keeping things on schedule that day - a job not easily done with such a large group (18 people!) She took control, but in a fun way, and moved things right along. We cannot wait to see all of the photos from our special day! Every time that we look at those photos throughout the years to come, we will reflect on that wonderful day and we will have Kristen and crew to thank for capturing those magical moments forever!

Fabulous Photos!

Reviewed on 9/18/2011 Chelsea W

Kristen and her entire team were absolutely wonderful - the photos turned out even better than I had hoped and we have gotten so many compliments. She is incredibly creative, the photos are just stunning - I can't wait to frame them! If you are looking for a creative... Read More photographer with a fashion/photojournalistic style, Kristen is perfect!

If there were more stars to use I would :)

Reviewed on 5/17/2011 Michelle K

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Amazing work ethic, so wonderful with the wedding party and prepping for the day of. Made me feel like a super model and made sure she got shots that were important to us. Very pleasant and fun to be around. Also, had 2 other photographers and an assistant... Read More with her that were equally amazing!!! Completely 1000% recommend!!!

TO Kristen Taylor & Co