This is Modern Romance.

Previously two separate companies both owned by Kristen Taylor (Kristen Taylor Photography and Kindred by Kristen Taylor), they have now combined into KRISTEN TAYLOR & CO. A boutique collective of 4 awesome photographers with 10 years in business, 20+ combined years of experience, 23 times published, 300+ weddings photographed. Find the photographer that fits you like your favorite pair of jeans.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

945 N. Main St., Royal Oak, MI

INCREDIBLE VISION AND TALENT!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Ali H

We just received the proofs from our September wedding (so quick!) and we could not be happier. Kristen is unbelievably talented and her unique vision is brought to life for us to relive our perfect day for the rest of our lives. She and her team are so professional and... Read More really make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Photography is the number one vendor you cannot skimp on for your wedding, you would be lucky to have Kristen and her team.

most complimented photos!

Reviewed on 3/11/2013 Rachel H

Kristen shot our engagement and wedding photos. Our wedding photos turned out so beautifully that even people I don't know very well have approached me to tell me they saw my wedding pictures and love them. My husband and I love them too. Her aesthetic has an artsy feel... Read More without straying too far from the traditional. She took my requests into account and she scouted out a gorgeous outdoor location for our wedding party pictures. I have no complaints!

Review of Kristen Taylor Photography

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Kari A

We used Courtney (Kristen's associate) for our wedding and we could not have been happier. She shot our engagement session in downtown Detroit and she made us feel very relaxed and at ease. During the wedding, she was very helpful and was creative in terms of her shots. Everyone... Read More loved her and her staff and said how nice they were. The engagement pics came out great so I cant wait to see the wedding photos!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Qiong G

Kristen taylor and her team is fabulous! This is the best choice I have made for my wedding. I have got so many compliments from my friends after the wedding. They all commented your photographer is awesome. And the flow to view the wedding photos is just so convenient, all... Read More online and very well orangized. And their customized USB with photos and information card about viewing wedding photos for the guests are so beautiful! This seems to be not important and , but I like beautiful things ( : After the first meeting with Kristen, we have been taken good care of. She provided us a lot of tips and suggestions to ensure more beautiful photos. She also provides a lot of excellent vendors even though I did not end up using any due to no time availability and many of my vendors are directly provided by my venue. We started our wedding planning just half a year in advance. Thus we have a late engagement session right at the university, she is so experienced and professional. I am so poor at photo taking, but after great instructions by her, she took a lot photos that me and my husband and our friends like and they have been great decos for my wedding! And since I am a Chinese bride, in fact I am not quite familiar with western wedding. Kristen helped a lot to decide the schedule on my wedding day and advise me not to schedule it so tightly as I have initially day. And on the wedding, she helped me plan my first look (which is not in my plan until then and that has been the favourite moment of my husband) due to the fact I don't have time for the chinese traditional activities I have planned. Besides, she has taken every details I have wanted! And she has captured so many candid moments that me and my husband, my friends liked!!!!! They are just so fantastic and professional!!!! I can't wait to start my photo album and see them!!!! Thank you so much, Kristen and your team!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

Brilliant in every way. We worked with Courtney for our engagement photos and wedding - everything from coordination to execution was great. I was planning the wedding from out of town to Kristen and Courtney made themselves available for many phone calls to review details and... Read More before the big day we covered everything so that day-of all I had to do was smile. Best of all, I love my pictures. They captured the events of the day, but more importantly, they captured the joy of the day.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Ramille W

KristenTaylor & Co is by far the BEST photography company that I have ever worked with. Before my wedding, I was the maid of honor in 3 weddings and I was a bridesmaids in 3 additional weddings all within a few years. None of the other photographers in those past weddings that I... Read More experienced were able to deliver the level of service and professionalism that we encountered with Kristien Taylor & Co. The style of this company and their attention to detail surpassed all of our expectations. There is no need for a videographer if you hire this company to photograph your wedding or event. Kristen Taylor & Company was able to capture my entire wedding day and all of the photos told a story. My new husband & I are able to relive the entire day by just viewing our stunning photos. We received nothing but the best compliments from ALL of our family and friends and we had about 150 guests in attendance. The photos were absolutely flawless, increadibly elegant, timeless, and extremely creative. This company is filled with true dedicated & passionate artists. Kristen Taylor & Co has a staff that is extremely prompt in their communication and response time if you have any questions or concerns before and even after your wedding. Anyone that chooses this company as their photographer will not be disappointed in their service and their products. Our wedding photos look as though they could be featured in a magazine spread or displayed in an art museum. We are beyond overjoyed that we selected such a terrific photography company. This company came highly recommended by my wedding planner and I'm so lucky that we were able to get a date booked because Kristen & Taylor Co appears to be one of if not the top photography companies in the state of Michigan.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Rachel L

I would absolutely recommend this vendor for anyone getting married!!! They were AMAZING from start to finish!! My now husband doesn't like being photographed and I am not super comfortable with it either but we felt so at ease with Courtney at our engagement session and the... Read More whole crew at our wedding! They were totally flexible when we nixed some family photos we had requested ( and then later in the night wanted to add more). I absolutely love our engagement photos but our wedding photos are stunning! They got photos of almost all of our guests which was very important to me!! If I had to do it over I wouldn't hesitate to use them!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Brittany C

Kristin G. was our photographer for engagement and wedding pictures! She did an awesome job on our engagement pictures so we knew that our wedding pictures would be beautiful as well! We just received back our sneak preview of the wedding pictures and they're are beautiful! We... Read More are very excited to see the full album. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Hayley B

AMAZING! Courtney photographed our wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. She was so calm but took control of the situation when needed. We LOVED her and the pictures came out beautifully. They made things so easy for us which is so important when you are... Read More trying to juggle a million things. I would refer them time and time again!

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Maria-LaiLani A

Kristin G is the best!! She did a great job on our engagement photos and wedding photos. I would recommend her in a heartbeat. Everyone was easy to work with and very friendly.

Reviewed on 4/21/2016

Courtney did a fantastic job photographing our engagement and wedding! I received the wedding photo gallery 1 month earlier than promised. She is very professional and you can tell she takes what she does very seriously which clearly shows in her photography and vision.... Read More Everyone loves the photos and the memories captured will last a lifetime. The entire staff at KT&C is very helpful and easy to communicate with. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Elena P

I worked with Courtney, who was very sweet and thoughtful throughout the whole process, and she did an amazing job! Everyone loves the photos and we even received interest from a local magazine to publish them.

Reviewed on 12/18/2015

Kristen Taylor & Co. was beyond amazing to work with! We are so happy with the quality of work and the whole process! From our initial meeting to our engagement photos to our wedding day, everything was flawless! We couldn't imagine anyone else capturing our special day. We have... Read More received SO many compliments on our wedding photos. Even on our wedding day, our whole wedding party and our guests were telling us how awesome and fun our photographers were! Thank you Kristen Taylor & Co. for capturing the most important day of our lives so beautifully!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Kimberly B

I can say with confidence that I would recommend Kristen Taylor & Co to anyone! Our wedding day photographer, Courtney and her team were amazing! They captured every moment I requested and more! The quality of their work is fantastic, and they were very professional from the... Read More beginning up until our BIG DAY! Our engagement session, wedding day and all the interaction in between was on point! The attention to detail was wonderful and I am truly happy with my photos... Kristen Taylor & Co. is worth every penny!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Julia P

Kristen Taylor and ALL of the photographers were truly amazing! They were great to have around on the wedding and captured every moment we wanted. The photos turned out stunning and we have received so many complements. I recommended them to my coworker who is using them for her... Read More upcoming wedding and would refer them to anyone who asked!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Leila O

Kristen Taylor is truly the best! She photographed our engagement and our wedding (May 2015), and the photos captured our day so beautifully! Looking over them makes us relive the day all over again, and we could not be happier with our choice of photographer! Not only was it... Read More a lot of fun working with her, but her professionalism and ability to capture the right moment are out of this world!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Marissa T

My husband and I were married In April of this year (2015) and we couldn't be happier with our photos. We worked wit Kristin G., who is just awesome! From the engagement photos, to the day of the wedding, she helped us feel comfortable and have fun. We went into the process... Read More very laid back and not exactly sure what we wanted, but that was never a problem. Kristin helped us scout some incredible locations and her assistant, who we also loved, was there to make sure none of the little details were being overlooked. This is such a great team, and one that will work with you every step of the way.. and make you look pretty :) !

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Kristin R

Kristen Taylor does a fantastic job. She is a professional through and through. Her modern romance style is absolute perfection. She did not stop at our wedding and made sure to capture every single detail of the day. I would recommend her to anyone. Not only did she photograph... Read More the day beautifully but she was wonderful to work with. Her suggestions for photo locations, tips and tricks for scheduling on the day of and attention to detail made me feel so much more at ease on the day of our wedding.

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Katherine M

My husband and I just received our pictures today and are absolutely THRILLED with the results!! The only problem we have is narrowing down which ones we want to keep, because they are all so beautiful :). Two things stick out to me most about Kristen: 1)I'm not so natural in... Read More front of the camera, and Kristen was great with pointers and helpful hints that helped us look our best. 2) As I'm sure happens with a lot of weddings, we were a little bit behind schedule with getting ready. Kristen and her assistant struck the perfect balance of being both calm and speedy. Their professionalism shined here! I can't recommend Kristen enough for your wedding. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Alyssa B

My husband and I cannot stop talking about how much we loved our photographer, Kristin G! She is absolutely amazing at her job and we can't wait to recommend her to all of our friends as they get engaged. The entire process of working with Kristen Taylor Photography was super... Read More easy and they made me feel so comfortable in the weeks leading up to the wedding day and, of course, on the day of! They were so professional and everything having to do with the photography of our wedding could not have gone any smoother! Our pictures are stunning...of course I love them but I have gotten countless compliments from our friends and family as well. If I had to do our wedding over again, I would choose Kristen Taylor Photography every time! :)

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Danielle A

Kristen Taylor is the best at what she does! She shot both our engagement session and wedding, and on both occasions took photos that captured our day so beautifully. She is so good in a fact, we have kept her "in the family" as she has shot other friends weddings and engagement... Read More sessions as well!! Kristen will make sure your day runs smooth and you will feel at ease that each moment is being captured with true artistic flare! Don't even hesitate, you'll be in great hands!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015

Kristen and her team were amazing! They were extremely professional but also very fun to have around. They captured all the moments that were important to us and even the ones that we didn't know were important until we saw the amazing photos! Kristen took time to get to know... Read More us before the wedding, which was invaluable. The pictures were better that we ever expected. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Katie K

The day I shared my wedding photos on social media, I received emails from people I hadn't spoken to since high school telling me how GORGEOUS my husband, Adam and I's wedding photos were. Our fairytale wedding couldn't have been captured any better. Courtney with Kristen Taylor... Read More Photography is so talented and professional...she's truly amazing!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Shannon A

I was an out of town bride and put our wedding together over a few months. Kindred by Kristen Taylor was really great to work with throughout the whole process. Courtney was my photographer and I couldn't have asked for someone more flexible, organized and easy to work with. She... Read More was really laid back, but able to give direction and get exactly what we wanted. We did our (complimentary!) engagement shoot the day before our wedding and even with things being very hectic because of our schedule, we had such a great time and Courtney helped us feel super relaxed. The day of our wedding went really smoothly, I couldn't have asked for anything better. Courtney and her team kept us ahead of schedule, were all so nice and creative with their ideas! My family commented on how hard everyone with Kindred worked during our wedding and the final product really shows... the pictures are awesome! I have procrastinated ordering prints because there are so many that I want, I can't choose! I'm in love with our pictures; they truly capture what an amazing day we had. I would highly recommend Courtney as a photographer!

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Caroline D

We could not be happier with our wedding photos! Kristin G. was our photographer and she is absolutely amazing. Their team is professional, organized and so talented! I've received so many compliments from our friends and guests saying these are the best wedding photos they've... Read More ever seen. We highly recommend Kristen Taylor and her entire team, they are amazing!