This is Modern Romance.

A boutique collective of 4 awesome photographers with 10 years in business, 20+ combined years of experience, 30+ times published, and 300+ weddings photographed. Find the photographer that fits you like your favorite pair of jeans.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

945 N. Main St., Royal Oak, MI (248) 677-4760

INCREDIBLE VISION AND TALENT!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Ali H

We just received the proofs from our September wedding (so quick!) and we could not be happier. Kristen is unbelievably talented and her unique vision is brought to life for us to relive our perfect day for the rest of our lives. She and her team are so professional and... Read More really make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Photography is the number one vendor you cannot skimp on for your wedding, you would be lucky to have Kristen and her team.

most complimented photos!

Reviewed on 3/11/2013 Rachel H

Kristen shot our engagement and wedding photos. Our wedding photos turned out so beautifully that even people I don't know very well have approached me to tell me they saw my wedding pictures and love them. My husband and I love them too. Her aesthetic has an artsy feel... Read More without straying too far from the traditional. She took my requests into account and she scouted out a gorgeous outdoor location for our wedding party pictures. I have no complaints!

Review of Kristen Taylor Photography

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Kari A

We used Courtney (Kristen's associate) for our wedding and we could not have been happier. She shot our engagement session in downtown Detroit and she made us feel very relaxed and at ease. During the wedding, she was very helpful and was creative in terms of her shots. Everyone... Read More loved her and her staff and said how nice they were. The engagement pics came out great so I cant wait to see the wedding photos!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Lauren S

The BEST decision I made for my wedding day! I researched photographers for months and kept coming back to Kristen Taylor & Co. Their work was stunning and I was so impressed with their communication that I decided to book them and was so happy that I did. I loved how caring... Read More and thoughtful they were and were sincerely interested in capturing every detail that I wanted. Kristin G. did such a wonderful job and her assistant was just as awesome! It felt like I had a good friend taking our photos. They made us feel so comfortable and captured some amazing shots. Every one of our guests has commented on how beautiful our photos are. I can't say enough good things! I highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Suzanne G

It has been 6 months since out late October wedding and my family and friends are still commenting that our photos are "the most stunning wedding photos [they] have ever seen!" My husband and I could not be happier. A special thank you to both Kristen and Courtney, who made the... Read More entire process easy and fun and who gave as the most amazing wedding gift - gorgeous photo memories that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Suzanne G

It has been 6 months since our late October wedding, and my friends and family are still commenting that our wedding photos are "the most stunning wedding photos [they] have ever seen!" Thank you to Kristen and Courtney who made the entire process easy and fun, and who gave as... Read More the most amazing wedding gift- gorgeous photo memories that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017

Courtney was our photographer and she did an amazing job! She showed up right on time and was on the ball from the start. She even had a crochet hook to help button the many buttons on my dress! The whole crew worked together to get some pretty amazing shots of our big day and... Read More we are so glad we went with this company.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Jennifer D

Since 2009 I have followed Kristen and her team (on their website and blog) and always dreamed of them shooting my wedding and they did on NYE 2016 :) They were absolutely amazing and amazing to work with. They captured the day perfectly and I could not have asked for a better... Read More team. I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married and if I could give them more than 5 stars for this review I would. They truly do AMAZING WORK!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Kendra D

Kristen Taylor & Co was by far the best decision we made when it came to wedding planning. We have received endless compliments on our wedding pics-and the photography staff. I'd give 100 stars if I could!!!! Pictures are very important to us, and we wanted someone... Read More professional, but also fun and not stuffy. Courtney did not disappoint!!! She is amazing at what she does, and she was so fun during our long and cold wedding day. She made us feel at ease and relaxed throughout the entire day. Courtney let us be ourselves and captured the joy of the day. Our entire bridal party actually enjoyed having their pictures taken! Don't wait-hire KT & Co for your wedding--you'll be glad you did. (Courtney, now that the wedding is over, can we grab drinks?! ??)

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Shannon S

We could not be more pleased with our choice of choosing Kristen Taylor & Co., for our wedding. Sending three incredibly talented individuals to capture each moment of our wedding is only one of the many benefits of KT&C. Every photo turned out beautifully! I would absolutely... Read More recommend this team for any major event in ones life. The turn around time was short, receiving our photos only a few short weeks after the wedding, impeccable editing, creativity, and awesome candid shots! I can't not even tell you how many compliments we received on our photos! Also, with myself being a bit camera shy, Courtney and her team made me feel super relaxed and I could not be more happy with the way that each turned out.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Rachel B

Courtney was my photographer for my wedding in August and I couldn't have asked for more. Both my engagement photos and wedding photos were absolutely beautiful. Courtney (along with the second and third photographers that were included on my wedding day!) were a joy to work... Read More with. My wedding photos were such a big deal to me and really wanted them to be perfect. Courtney from Kristen Taylor & Co went above and beyond anything I could have asked for. The photos were even ready 3 weeks ahead of schedule! I would recommend Courtney to absolutely anyone!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Renee S

AMAZING WORK!! Courtney did a fantastic job on our engagement & wedding photos. Courtney and her team were great to work with, they were on top of everything. I would recommend them to everyone, you won't be disappointed! I got so many compliments on our photos and everyone kept... Read More saying how they looked like they were out of a magazine!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Audrey W

Our photos are incredible. Courtney and her team were amazing :)

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

We're so happy we chose Kristen Taylor & Co to capture our special day. We loved working with Jen during the engagement shoot and the actual wedding day - she did a fantastic job trying to capture our love and excitement. She was also very fun to work with. We also really... Read More appreciate all the time Kristen took to help us plan our wedding day schedule and ensure that we have all the pictures we want. We love our pictures and everyone keeps complimenting our photos. I can't stop looking at the website! :-)

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Qiong G

Kristen taylor and her team is fabulous! This is the best choice I have made for my wedding. I have got so many compliments from my friends after the wedding. They all commented your photographer is awesome. And the flow to view the wedding photos is just so convenient, all... Read More online and very well orangized. And their customized USB with photos and information card about viewing wedding photos for the guests are so beautiful! This seems to be not important and , but I like beautiful things ( : After the first meeting with Kristen, we have been taken good care of. She provided us a lot of tips and suggestions to ensure more beautiful photos. She also provides a lot of excellent vendors even though I did not end up using any due to no time availability and many of my vendors are directly provided by my venue. We started our wedding planning just half a year in advance. Thus we have a late engagement session right at the university, she is so experienced and professional. I am so poor at photo taking, but after great instructions by her, she took a lot photos that me and my husband and our friends like and they have been great decos for my wedding! And since I am a Chinese bride, in fact I am not quite familiar with western wedding. Kristen helped a lot to decide the schedule on my wedding day and advise me not to schedule it so tightly as I have initially day. And on the wedding, she helped me plan my first look (which is not in my plan until then and that has been the favourite moment of my husband) due to the fact I don't have time for the chinese traditional activities I have planned. Besides, she has taken every details I have wanted! And she has captured so many candid moments that me and my husband, my friends liked!!!!! They are just so fantastic and professional!!!! I can't wait to start my photo album and see them!!!! Thank you so much, Kristen and your team!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

Brilliant in every way. We worked with Courtney for our engagement photos and wedding - everything from coordination to execution was great. I was planning the wedding from out of town to Kristen and Courtney made themselves available for many phone calls to review details and... Read More before the big day we covered everything so that day-of all I had to do was smile. Best of all, I love my pictures. They captured the events of the day, but more importantly, they captured the joy of the day.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Ramille W

KristenTaylor & Co is by far the BEST photography company that I have ever worked with. Before my wedding, I was the maid of honor in 3 weddings and I was a bridesmaids in 3 additional weddings all within a few years. None of the other photographers in those past weddings that I... Read More experienced were able to deliver the level of service and professionalism that we encountered with Kristien Taylor & Co. The style of this company and their attention to detail surpassed all of our expectations. There is no need for a videographer if you hire this company to photograph your wedding or event. Kristen Taylor & Company was able to capture my entire wedding day and all of the photos told a story. My new husband & I are able to relive the entire day by just viewing our stunning photos. We received nothing but the best compliments from ALL of our family and friends and we had about 150 guests in attendance. The photos were absolutely flawless, increadibly elegant, timeless, and extremely creative. This company is filled with true dedicated & passionate artists. Kristen Taylor & Co has a staff that is extremely prompt in their communication and response time if you have any questions or concerns before and even after your wedding. Anyone that chooses this company as their photographer will not be disappointed in their service and their products. Our wedding photos look as though they could be featured in a magazine spread or displayed in an art museum. We are beyond overjoyed that we selected such a terrific photography company. This company came highly recommended by my wedding planner and I'm so lucky that we were able to get a date booked because Kristen & Taylor Co appears to be one of if not the top photography companies in the state of Michigan.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Rachel L

I would absolutely recommend this vendor for anyone getting married!!! They were AMAZING from start to finish!! My now husband doesn't like being photographed and I am not super comfortable with it either but we felt so at ease with Courtney at our engagement session and the... Read More whole crew at our wedding! They were totally flexible when we nixed some family photos we had requested ( and then later in the night wanted to add more). I absolutely love our engagement photos but our wedding photos are stunning! They got photos of almost all of our guests which was very important to me!! If I had to do it over I wouldn't hesitate to use them!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Brittany C

Kristin G. was our photographer for engagement and wedding pictures! She did an awesome job on our engagement pictures so we knew that our wedding pictures would be beautiful as well! We just received back our sneak preview of the wedding pictures and they're are beautiful! We... Read More are very excited to see the full album. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Hayley B

AMAZING! Courtney photographed our wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. She was so calm but took control of the situation when needed. We LOVED her and the pictures came out beautifully. They made things so easy for us which is so important when you are... Read More trying to juggle a million things. I would refer them time and time again!

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Maria-LaiLani A

Kristin G is the best!! She did a great job on our engagement photos and wedding photos. I would recommend her in a heartbeat. Everyone was easy to work with and very friendly.

Reviewed on 4/21/2016

Courtney did a fantastic job photographing our engagement and wedding! I received the wedding photo gallery 1 month earlier than promised. She is very professional and you can tell she takes what she does very seriously which clearly shows in her photography and vision.... Read More Everyone loves the photos and the memories captured will last a lifetime. The entire staff at KT&C is very helpful and easy to communicate with. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Elena P

I worked with Courtney, who was very sweet and thoughtful throughout the whole process, and she did an amazing job! Everyone loves the photos and we even received interest from a local magazine to publish them.

Reviewed on 12/18/2015

Kristen Taylor & Co. was beyond amazing to work with! We are so happy with the quality of work and the whole process! From our initial meeting to our engagement photos to our wedding day, everything was flawless! We couldn't imagine anyone else capturing our special day. We have... Read More received SO many compliments on our wedding photos. Even on our wedding day, our whole wedding party and our guests were telling us how awesome and fun our photographers were! Thank you Kristen Taylor & Co. for capturing the most important day of our lives so beautifully!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Kimberly B

I can say with confidence that I would recommend Kristen Taylor & Co to anyone! Our wedding day photographer, Courtney and her team were amazing! They captured every moment I requested and more! The quality of their work is fantastic, and they were very professional from the... Read More beginning up until our BIG DAY! Our engagement session, wedding day and all the interaction in between was on point! The attention to detail was wonderful and I am truly happy with my photos... Kristen Taylor & Co. is worth every penny!

Kristen Taylor

I smile when the sun shines. When dress code and the weather allow, I live mostly in skinny-cropped jeans, casual tops, and cute little flats. I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to formal business attire and white lattice gazebos. I love many things, highest on the list are my husband of 15 years and our sweet giggly 4-year-old daughter. Not far behind them are Dave Matthews Band summer concerts, vacations to the Inn at Bay Harbor, coffee, running, and great restaurants with outdoor seating.