This is Modern Romance.

A boutique collective of 4 awesome photographers with 10 years in business, 20+ combined years of experience, 30+ times published, and 300+ weddings photographed. Find the photographer that fits you like your favorite pair of jeans.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

945 N. Main St., Royal Oak, MI (248) 677-4760

INCREDIBLE VISION AND TALENT!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Ali H

We just received the proofs from our September wedding (so quick!) and we could not be happier. Kristen is unbelievably talented and her unique vision is brought to life for us to relive our perfect day for the rest of our lives. She and her team are so professional and... Read More really make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Photography is the number one vendor you cannot skimp on for your wedding, you would be lucky to have Kristen and her team.

most complimented photos!

Reviewed on 3/11/2013 Rachel H

Kristen shot our engagement and wedding photos. Our wedding photos turned out so beautifully that even people I don't know very well have approached me to tell me they saw my wedding pictures and love them. My husband and I love them too. Her aesthetic has an artsy feel... Read More without straying too far from the traditional. She took my requests into account and she scouted out a gorgeous outdoor location for our wedding party pictures. I have no complaints!

Review of Kristen Taylor Photography

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Kari A

We used Courtney (Kristen's associate) for our wedding and we could not have been happier. She shot our engagement session in downtown Detroit and she made us feel very relaxed and at ease. During the wedding, she was very helpful and was creative in terms of her shots. Everyone... Read More loved her and her staff and said how nice they were. The engagement pics came out great so I cant wait to see the wedding photos!

Reviewed on 4/20/2018 Hannah B

These women are amazing and I am SO happy I went with them as my wedding photographer!!! They literally thought of everything and my photos turned out better than I could have imagined. They make you feel so comfortable and are so supportive throughout the whole process. So many... Read More of my guests commented on their professionalism and kindness. Use them!

Reviewed on 2/09/2018 Cathy C

Our pictures turned out absolutely amazing! I'm completely obsessed with all of them! My husband and I were married in November 2017 with Kristin G as our photographer. I cannot say enough wonderful things about KT&CO and Kristin G. Kristin got all the perfect shots and was so... Read More accommodating throughout the whole wedding day (we had several families involved - so we had to take lots of pictures). They were wonderful to work with and so easy. Quick response times too during planning!I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Nicki G

Kristen Taylor was very organized and flexible throughout the planning process. They also had great resources available for booking other vendors and planning the schedule of the day. Courtney and her staff were great and easy to work with. It took all my patience to wait... Read More for the photos after the wedding, but I was very happy with the results!

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Chelsea M

Courtney from Kristen Taylor & Co shot our engagement and wedding photos and she was FANTASTIC! She was calm, organized, and professional while ensuring that everyone was where they needed to be. She has the eye and talent too! I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Emily H

We highly recommend Kristen Taylor & Co. We worked with Kristin G. who beautifully captured our wedding and engagement photos. Kristin made us feel comfortable throughout the process and did an outstanding job with our photos. I especially appreciated the organization and... Read More efficiency of Kristen Taylor & Co. They promptly responded to questions and their attention to detail helped ensure that everything went smoothly on the day of. We love our pictures and are so happy we chose them for our photography.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Brittany P

I can't say enough great things about Kristen Taylor and Co. I am so happy I chose them to photograph my big day. I might be a little biased because I do work for Kristen, but honestly you can tell she is a very people centered photographer. My photographer was Stephanie and she... Read More did an amazing job! This was her first wedding as a Lead working for Kristen so I was a little hesitant, but everything was perfect. She made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable. The posing felt very natural and she was just so much fun to work with. I love my pictures!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Kristen D

Out of town/state brides: You want to work with KT&Co! Kristen and Courtney (and everyone at the studio) were SO great. We had a few weather related travel mishaps for our engagement photos (coming from out of state) and Courtney was so understanding and didn't even flinch when... Read More we had to reschedule. Kristen is such a trustworthy business manager to work with - you definitely don't have to worry about any issues going unhandled. She will go above and beyond if/when any problems arise!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Kelsey R

My husband and I got married on September 29th. Courtney was our photographer and we absolutely LOVED her! Our pictures are stunning. Even the day of, the day was so smooth with her, so it made my stress levels so low! I would recommend the whole company to anyone that is... Read More planning a wedding in the future!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Lauren L

Kristen Taylor & crew were the best decision for our wedding photography. From our engagement session to the wedding day, I was so grateful for Kristen G and her team. They are so easy to work with. I'm sure I had some crazy questions or was over-worried about certain things... Read More but it didn't seem to faze them. As expected, the day was sort of hectic but Kristen G. was as cool as a cucumber. Kristen's team on the day of were also spectacular. Everyone there was super helpful and I felt that they truly cared and wanted everything to be perfect. And most importantly, the photos turned out AMAZING! Thank you Kristen & Team for beautifully capturing our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Max M

Courtney from Kristen Taylor Photography did a fantastic job with our wedding pictures. From the beginning, they were extremely helpful choosing which photographer would be best for our wants and budget. They do a good job coming up with a plan prior to the big day to make... Read More sure you get the most out of your time. The photos speak for themselves. We love them and have received nothing but compliments from our family and friends. We would recommend Kristen Taylor to our closest family and friends.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Erica E

STUNNING. Worth every penny. Courtney is fantastic, and Kristen was right there alongside us throughout the planning process as well. We will forever remember our perfect wedding day thanks to these amazing photographers.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Lindsay B

Courtney was the photographer that we used through Kristen Taylor & Co. She was absolutely amazing and the photos turned out gorgeous. My husband isn't the best in front of the camera and Courtney was able to make him feel comfortable and relaxed right away. I would highly... Read More recommend Courtney or any of the photographers with Kristen Taylor & Co. The process was seamless which made the whole day go perfect. Thank you guys so much for capturing our wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Amanda C

Kristen Taylor was our photographer, and she did an AMAZING job! She made the whole process so easy and fun. My fiance was not excited to pose for pictures, but she gave great pointers and really just let us enjoy our day without having to order us around. She captured a ton... Read More of great candid shots that really captured the emotion of the day. I am so grateful that we had such talented photographers - it has been amazing to relive the day and to see just how beautiful everything was after it was all said and done. I would highly recommend Kristen Taylor & Co. to any of my friends getting married in the metro Detroit area! Thank you guys so much for making our day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Alex H

We feel so lucky to have found Kristen Taylor & Co. because everything about our experience was just perfect. First, you have a group of AMAZING lead photographers to choose from (each with different pricing based on experience/years with the company), with an "about" section of... Read More each on their website and the ability to view their work; you are even able to meet or talk with your selected lead photographer to make sure it is a good match! We clicked with Kristin G. over the phone right away! We live in CT so we first met Kristin G. at our engagement shoot (which was included in the cost) and I loved that we were able to get comfortable in front of the camera before the big day, and get beautiful photos in the process! Kristen Taylor was involved during the entire process even though she was not our lead photographer, developing a timeline for our wedding day, discussing "must-have" photos, etc. Kristin G. and her team (second photographer and assistant) did an AMAZING job on our wedding day!!! Kristin G. truly has an eye for beautiful shots, because we were blown away when we saw our sneak peak, and even more so when we received our full gallery! I never thought we would have such a difficult time deciding which photos we like best! I promise you will NOT be disappointed if you chose KT&CO. to photograph your wedding!!! They truly love what they do, and it shows!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Rachel L

We are so happy that we chose Courtney from Kristen Taylor and Co as our wedding photographer! The pictures are stunning and she was amazing to work with. Several people have told me that our wedding photos are the best they've ever seen and asked for Courtney's contact info,... Read More which we were of course happy to pass along!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Emily N

I truly enjoyed working with Kirsten Taylor and her company throughout our wedding planning process. They are extremely organized and efficient, and we could not be happier with our wedding photos. Kristen was a joy to work with. She listened to all of my questions and offered... Read More her expert suggestions. She is a true professional and definitely knows her stuff when it comes to photography! My mind was at ease on our wedding day because I knew Kristen and her crew had our schedule under control. We had a large wedding party and managed to finish all of the shots we wanted ahead of schedule. I did a lot of research before booking a photographer, and felt that the packages Kristen offered were second to none. You definitely get what you pay for! Kristen has a second shooter, and an assistant that accompany her on the wedding day which is fantastic. They were a well-oiled machine! Also, every time a group of people were taking a photo on their phones at the wedding, one of the photographers would magically appear to capture the photo professionally and we ended up with a lot of great guest photos. You also receive access to an online photo gallery for all of your guests so that they can see all of your photos. Besides all of those perks, Kristen is clearly very passionate about her work. She made my camera shy husband and I feel SO amazing on our wedding day and the pictures reflect that. We could not be happier with this company, and I know we will cherish these photos for many years to come.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Kristen W

Kristen Taylor & Co. is absolutely top notch and no one can compare! Three words to describe this company would be classy, elegant and timeless. Every interaction and meeting we had with Kristen Taylor & Co. was professional and very put together, never did I feel like I needed... Read More to take control. Kristen met with me a week before our wedding to walk through the timeline and everything went smoothly and left me feeling at ease. She was also very responsive to every email or question I had throughout the process. We had Courtney as our photographer for our wedding in June (and engagement session). Courtney is fantastic. Her attention to detail and the way she captured our day and all of it's moments was perfect. Her lighting and her choice of settings/poses were unreal and so unique. Courtney was able to capture our relationship and love for each other without it being awkward or corny. She was also a great sport with putting up with our groomsmen :). I have gotten a million compliments on our pictures and can't stop looking at them! We can't thank Courtney and her team enough for capturing the memories we will cherish forever. They are the best!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Katie M

Kristin G was our photographer and she was amazing from start to finish!!! She made us feel at ease the day of our engagement photo session and we knew that we hired the perfect photographer! Kristin is such a talented photographer and she has a calm demeanor behind the camera!... Read More She seems good at catching the chemistry of a couple and figuring out what poses look most natural for them. We feel that our pictures demonstrate the real us and look very natural! We were so happy with how professional she was on our wedding day and we were blown away by all of the beautiful moments she captured just perfectly! Aside from having our wedding and reception at the most beautiful venue possible, Kristin was our best pick of the day. We wouldn't have had it any other way! She was worth every penny! Very special thank you to Kristin G and her team! Wow Kristen Taylor and CO, just WOW! Thanks for kick butt quality in wedding photography!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Meghan M

Kristen Taylor was our photographer ... and the photos are just absolutely unbelievable. It's been about two months since our wedding and I look through the photos STILL every single day. I get to relive the best day over and over again. Her vision and talent is just... there... Read More

are no words. Incredible.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Ashley S

Courtney was our photographer. She did such an amazing job! After having a bad photographer for our first batch of engagement photos, it was really clear that she has total mastery of composition and lighting. I also appreciate how Kristen went over our wedding... Read More schedule/timeline (which I hadn't really thought about before) to make sure they'd shoot all of the important parts of the wedding and help us to plan.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Kylie B

We had a wonderful experience with Kristen Taylor & Co.! The photos were absolutely beautiful, and we received so many compliments on them from our friends and family (I was even told by a friend that they were the best wedding photos she had seen!). Our photographer, Courtney,... Read More was so easy to work with and we felt completely comfortable with her on our wedding day. It was so nice to have a second photographer and assistant with us on our wedding day as we were able to have our getting-ready photos taken separately at two locations. We received the sneak preview and access to our online gallery very quickly after our wedding. The photos were stunning and we couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Lauren S

The BEST decision I made for my wedding day! I researched photographers for months and kept coming back to Kristen Taylor & Co. Their work was stunning and I was so impressed with their communication that I decided to book them and was so happy that I did. I loved how caring... Read More and thoughtful they were and were sincerely interested in capturing every detail that I wanted. Kristin G. did such a wonderful job and her assistant was just as awesome! It felt like I had a good friend taking our photos. They made us feel so comfortable and captured some amazing shots. Every one of our guests has commented on how beautiful our photos are. I can't say enough good things! I highly recommend them!!

Kristen Taylor

I smile when the sun shines. When dress code and the weather allow, I live mostly in skinny-cropped jeans, casual tops, and cute little flats. I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to formal business attire and white lattice gazebos. I love many things, highest on the list are my husband of 15 years and our sweet giggly 4-year-old daughter. Not far behind them are Dave Matthews Band summer concerts, vacations to the Inn at Bay Harbor, coffee, running, and great restaurants with outdoor seating.