This is Modern Romance.

A boutique collective of 4 awesome photographers with 10 years in business, 20+ combined years of experience, 30+ times published, and 300+ weddings photographed. Find the photographer that fits you like your favorite pair of jeans.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

945 N. Main St., Royal Oak, MI (248) 677-4760

INCREDIBLE VISION AND TALENT!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Ali H

We just received the proofs from our September wedding (so quick!) and we could not be happier. Kristen is unbelievably talented and her unique vision is brought to life for us to relive our perfect day for the rest of our lives. She and her team are so professional and... Read More really make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Photography is the number one vendor you cannot skimp on for your wedding, you would be lucky to have Kristen and her team.

most complimented photos!

Reviewed on 3/11/2013 Rachel H

Kristen shot our engagement and wedding photos. Our wedding photos turned out so beautifully that even people I don't know very well have approached me to tell me they saw my wedding pictures and love them. My husband and I love them too. Her aesthetic has an artsy feel... Read More without straying too far from the traditional. She took my requests into account and she scouted out a gorgeous outdoor location for our wedding party pictures. I have no complaints!

Review of Kristen Taylor Photography

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Kari A

We used Courtney (Kristen's associate) for our wedding and we could not have been happier. She shot our engagement session in downtown Detroit and she made us feel very relaxed and at ease. During the wedding, she was very helpful and was creative in terms of her shots. Everyone... Read More loved her and her staff and said how nice they were. The engagement pics came out great so I cant wait to see the wedding photos!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Amanda C

Kristen Taylor was our photographer, and she did an AMAZING job! She made the whole process so easy and fun. My fiance was not excited to pose for pictures, but she gave great pointers and really just let us enjoy our day without having to order us around. She captured a ton... Read More of great candid shots that really captured the emotion of the day. I am so grateful that we had such talented photographers - it has been amazing to relive the day and to see just how beautiful everything was after it was all said and done. I would highly recommend Kristen Taylor & Co. to any of my friends getting married in the metro Detroit area! Thank you guys so much for making our day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Alex H

We feel so lucky to have found Kristen Taylor & Co. because everything about our experience was just perfect. First, you have a group of AMAZING lead photographers to choose from (each with different pricing based on experience/years with the company), with an "about" section of... Read More each on their website and the ability to view their work; you are even able to meet or talk with your selected lead photographer to make sure it is a good match! We clicked with Kristin G. over the phone right away! We live in CT so we first met Kristin G. at our engagement shoot (which was included in the cost) and I loved that we were able to get comfortable in front of the camera before the big day, and get beautiful photos in the process! Kristen Taylor was involved during the entire process even though she was not our lead photographer, developing a timeline for our wedding day, discussing "must-have" photos, etc. Kristin G. and her team (second photographer and assistant) did an AMAZING job on our wedding day!!! Kristin G. truly has an eye for beautiful shots, because we were blown away when we saw our sneak peak, and even more so when we received our full gallery! I never thought we would have such a difficult time deciding which photos we like best! I promise you will NOT be disappointed if you chose KT&CO. to photograph your wedding!!! They truly love what they do, and it shows!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Rachel L

We are so happy that we chose Courtney from Kristen Taylor and Co as our wedding photographer! The pictures are stunning and she was amazing to work with. Several people have told me that our wedding photos are the best they've ever seen and asked for Courtney's contact info,... Read More which we were of course happy to pass along!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Emily N

I truly enjoyed working with Kirsten Taylor and her company throughout our wedding planning process. They are extremely organized and efficient, and we could not be happier with our wedding photos. Kristen was a joy to work with. She listened to all of my questions and offered... Read More her expert suggestions. She is a true professional and definitely knows her stuff when it comes to photography! My mind was at ease on our wedding day because I knew Kristen and her crew had our schedule under control. We had a large wedding party and managed to finish all of the shots we wanted ahead of schedule. I did a lot of research before booking a photographer, and felt that the packages Kristen offered were second to none. You definitely get what you pay for! Kristen has a second shooter, and an assistant that accompany her on the wedding day which is fantastic. They were a well-oiled machine! Also, every time a group of people were taking a photo on their phones at the wedding, one of the photographers would magically appear to capture the photo professionally and we ended up with a lot of great guest photos. You also receive access to an online photo gallery for all of your guests so that they can see all of your photos. Besides all of those perks, Kristen is clearly very passionate about her work. She made my camera shy husband and I feel SO amazing on our wedding day and the pictures reflect that. We could not be happier with this company, and I know we will cherish these photos for many years to come.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Kristen W

Kristen Taylor & Co. is absolutely top notch and no one can compare! Three words to describe this company would be classy, elegant and timeless. Every interaction and meeting we had with Kristen Taylor & Co. was professional and very put together, never did I feel like I needed... Read More to take control. Kristen met with me a week before our wedding to walk through the timeline and everything went smoothly and left me feeling at ease. She was also very responsive to every email or question I had throughout the process. We had Courtney as our photographer for our wedding in June (and engagement session). Courtney is fantastic. Her attention to detail and the way she captured our day and all of it's moments was perfect. Her lighting and her choice of settings/poses were unreal and so unique. Courtney was able to capture our relationship and love for each other without it being awkward or corny. She was also a great sport with putting up with our groomsmen :). I have gotten a million compliments on our pictures and can't stop looking at them! We can't thank Courtney and her team enough for capturing the memories we will cherish forever. They are the best!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Katie M

Kristin G was our photographer and she was amazing from start to finish!!! She made us feel at ease the day of our engagement photo session and we knew that we hired the perfect photographer! Kristin is such a talented photographer and she has a calm demeanor behind the camera!... Read More She seems good at catching the chemistry of a couple and figuring out what poses look most natural for them. We feel that our pictures demonstrate the real us and look very natural! We were so happy with how professional she was on our wedding day and we were blown away by all of the beautiful moments she captured just perfectly! Aside from having our wedding and reception at the most beautiful venue possible, Kristin was our best pick of the day. We wouldn't have had it any other way! She was worth every penny! Very special thank you to Kristin G and her team! Wow Kristen Taylor and CO, just WOW! Thanks for kick butt quality in wedding photography!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Meghan M

Kristen Taylor was our photographer ... and the photos are just absolutely unbelievable. It's been about two months since our wedding and I look through the photos STILL every single day. I get to relive the best day over and over again. Her vision and talent is just... there... Read More are no words. Incredible.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Ashley S

Courtney was our photographer. She did such an amazing job! After having a bad photographer for our first batch of engagement photos, it was really clear that she has total mastery of composition and lighting. I also appreciate how Kristen went over our wedding... Read More schedule/timeline (which I hadn't really thought about before) to make sure they'd shoot all of the important parts of the wedding and help us to plan.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Kylie B

We had a wonderful experience with Kristen Taylor & Co.! The photos were absolutely beautiful, and we received so many compliments on them from our friends and family (I was even told by a friend that they were the best wedding photos she had seen!). Our photographer, Courtney,... Read More was so easy to work with and we felt completely comfortable with her on our wedding day. It was so nice to have a second photographer and assistant with us on our wedding day as we were able to have our getting-ready photos taken separately at two locations. We received the sneak preview and access to our online gallery very quickly after our wedding. The photos were stunning and we couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Lauren S

The BEST decision I made for my wedding day! I researched photographers for months and kept coming back to Kristen Taylor & Co. Their work was stunning and I was so impressed with their communication that I decided to book them and was so happy that I did. I loved how caring... Read More and thoughtful they were and were sincerely interested in capturing every detail that I wanted. Kristin G. did such a wonderful job and her assistant was just as awesome! It felt like I had a good friend taking our photos. They made us feel so comfortable and captured some amazing shots. Every one of our guests has commented on how beautiful our photos are. I can't say enough good things! I highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Suzanne G

It has been 6 months since out late October wedding and my family and friends are still commenting that our photos are "the most stunning wedding photos [they] have ever seen!" My husband and I could not be happier. A special thank you to both Kristen and Courtney, who made the... Read More entire process easy and fun and who gave as the most amazing wedding gift - gorgeous photo memories that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Suzanne G

It has been 6 months since our late October wedding, and my friends and family are still commenting that our wedding photos are "the most stunning wedding photos [they] have ever seen!" Thank you to Kristen and Courtney who made the entire process easy and fun, and who gave as... Read More the most amazing wedding gift- gorgeous photo memories that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017

Courtney was our photographer and she did an amazing job! She showed up right on time and was on the ball from the start. She even had a crochet hook to help button the many buttons on my dress! The whole crew worked together to get some pretty amazing shots of our big day and... Read More we are so glad we went with this company.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Jennifer D

Since 2009 I have followed Kristen and her team (on their website and blog) and always dreamed of them shooting my wedding and they did on NYE 2016 :) They were absolutely amazing and amazing to work with. They captured the day perfectly and I could not have asked for a better... Read More team. I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married and if I could give them more than 5 stars for this review I would. They truly do AMAZING WORK!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Kendra D

Kristen Taylor & Co was by far the best decision we made when it came to wedding planning. We have received endless compliments on our wedding pics-and the photography staff. I'd give 100 stars if I could!!!! Pictures are very important to us, and we wanted someone... Read More professional, but also fun and not stuffy. Courtney did not disappoint!!! She is amazing at what she does, and she was so fun during our long and cold wedding day. She made us feel at ease and relaxed throughout the entire day. Courtney let us be ourselves and captured the joy of the day. Our entire bridal party actually enjoyed having their pictures taken! Don't wait-hire KT & Co for your wedding--you'll be glad you did. (Courtney, now that the wedding is over, can we grab drinks?! ??)

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Shannon S

We could not be more pleased with our choice of choosing Kristen Taylor & Co., for our wedding. Sending three incredibly talented individuals to capture each moment of our wedding is only one of the many benefits of KT&C. Every photo turned out beautifully! I would absolutely... Read More recommend this team for any major event in ones life. The turn around time was short, receiving our photos only a few short weeks after the wedding, impeccable editing, creativity, and awesome candid shots! I can't not even tell you how many compliments we received on our photos! Also, with myself being a bit camera shy, Courtney and her team made me feel super relaxed and I could not be more happy with the way that each turned out.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Rachel B

Courtney was my photographer for my wedding in August and I couldn't have asked for more. Both my engagement photos and wedding photos were absolutely beautiful. Courtney (along with the second and third photographers that were included on my wedding day!) were a joy to work... Read More with. My wedding photos were such a big deal to me and really wanted them to be perfect. Courtney from Kristen Taylor & Co went above and beyond anything I could have asked for. The photos were even ready 3 weeks ahead of schedule! I would recommend Courtney to absolutely anyone!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Renee S

AMAZING WORK!! Courtney did a fantastic job on our engagement & wedding photos. Courtney and her team were great to work with, they were on top of everything. I would recommend them to everyone, you won't be disappointed! I got so many compliments on our photos and everyone kept... Read More saying how they looked like they were out of a magazine!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Audrey W

Our photos are incredible. Courtney and her team were amazing :)

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

We're so happy we chose Kristen Taylor & Co to capture our special day. We loved working with Jen during the engagement shoot and the actual wedding day - she did a fantastic job trying to capture our love and excitement. She was also very fun to work with. We also really... Read More appreciate all the time Kristen took to help us plan our wedding day schedule and ensure that we have all the pictures we want. We love our pictures and everyone keeps complimenting our photos. I can't stop looking at the website! :-)

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Qiong G

Kristen taylor and her team is fabulous! This is the best choice I have made for my wedding. I have got so many compliments from my friends after the wedding. They all commented your photographer is awesome. And the flow to view the wedding photos is just so convenient, all... Read More online and very well orangized. And their customized USB with photos and information card about viewing wedding photos for the guests are so beautiful! This seems to be not important and , but I like beautiful things ( : After the first meeting with Kristen, we have been taken good care of. She provided us a lot of tips and suggestions to ensure more beautiful photos. She also provides a lot of excellent vendors even though I did not end up using any due to no time availability and many of my vendors are directly provided by my venue. We started our wedding planning just half a year in advance. Thus we have a late engagement session right at the university, she is so experienced and professional. I am so poor at photo taking, but after great instructions by her, she took a lot photos that me and my husband and our friends like and they have been great decos for my wedding! And since I am a Chinese bride, in fact I am not quite familiar with western wedding. Kristen helped a lot to decide the schedule on my wedding day and advise me not to schedule it so tightly as I have initially day. And on the wedding, she helped me plan my first look (which is not in my plan until then and that has been the favourite moment of my husband) due to the fact I don't have time for the chinese traditional activities I have planned. Besides, she has taken every details I have wanted! And she has captured so many candid moments that me and my husband, my friends liked!!!!! They are just so fantastic and professional!!!! I can't wait to start my photo album and see them!!!! Thank you so much, Kristen and your team!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

Brilliant in every way. We worked with Courtney for our engagement photos and wedding - everything from coordination to execution was great. I was planning the wedding from out of town to Kristen and Courtney made themselves available for many phone calls to review details and... Read More before the big day we covered everything so that day-of all I had to do was smile. Best of all, I love my pictures. They captured the events of the day, but more importantly, they captured the joy of the day.

Kristen Taylor

I smile when the sun shines. When dress code and the weather allow, I live mostly in skinny-cropped jeans, casual tops, and cute little flats. I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to formal business attire and white lattice gazebos. I love many things, highest on the list are my husband of 15 years and our sweet giggly 4-year-old daughter. Not far behind them are Dave Matthews Band summer concerts, vacations to the Inn at Bay Harbor, coffee, running, and great restaurants with outdoor seating.