Kristen Thérèse Makeup Artistry

New York, NY

"Look and Feel like Yourself... Your Best Self"

Personalized, long wearing applications to reflect your unique style. My goal is to make my brides feel beautiful not only throughout their day, but for years to come as they cherish their photos. Call now to book your trial!

Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Spas, Beauty

166 5th Ave,, New York, NY

Kristen is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Alicia M

I booked Kristen for my NYC wedding in May and she was fantastic!!! From the very beginning of the process, from the trial to the wedding day; Kristen was a dream to work with. For the trial, Kristen was super flexible and traveled to my apartment. After explaining the look that I wanted and some more details about my dress and the type of wedding we were having; Kristen did my make--up even better than I could have imagined. My fiancé (now husband) came home later that evening and the look on his face was priceless when he walked through the door! He told Kristen not to change anything for the wedding day. On the day of the wedding, Kristen arrived with plenty of time to do make-up for my mom, sister, mother-in-law and me. Her calming presence helped me relax despite all the commotion with everyone getting ready. I have never felt as beautiful as I did that day and I can't thank Kristen enough! Not only was I extremely happy, but my mom, sister, and mother-in-law loved the way they looked too. Our make-up lasted the entire day and looked great when we got our photos back. Kristen's experience and talent combined with her awesome personality made it so easy to work with her and I am so happy she did my wedding make-up!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Kyle C

I can honestly say I have never felt more beautiful then I did on my wedding day – and a lot of the credit goes to Kristen! I am very low maintenance when it comes to my daily make-up routine and was very concerned about my wedding make-up being too much. Kristen really listened to what I wanted -- and knows how to strike the right balance between making sure you look like yourself, but still stand out. Kristen also did the make-up for my bridal party (including two very picky red-heads) and my make-up phobic mother, and made everyone was happy with their look! In addition to her wonderful work Kristen is just great to work with. She is very organized and always had everything (scheduling etc.) under control. She struck the right balance between relaxed and efficient and kept my maids and me all right on schedule.

wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Catherine D

I did multiple trials in my search for a wedding makeup artist- let me save you the trouble. Kristen did a fantastic job on my trial makeup, and as a bonus she is very kind and fun to chat with! I told her my concerns about heavy foundation... she managed to make my skin look perfect (it isn't!!) but I didn't look overly "made up" at all. She also understood my request for a slightly dramatic but not over the top eye and lip. The whole look really complemented my features and cool skin tones, and it still looked good 12 hours later! I've booked her to do my wedding.

Best Beauty for My Big Day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Shannon B

I met Kristen at a friend's wedding, and was so impressed with her work on the bride and all of the bridesmaids (myself included,) that I HAD to book her for my own wedding in New York. Her style was everything I wanted for my big day, and she did not disappoint! I work in fashion and had quite a few picky ladies in my bridal party, but Kristen handled everyone perfectly, catering to their needs, and offering touch-ups without having to be asked. She worked quickly, efficiently, and with a light hand that made for a natural, yet upstyled look that was perfect for our Hamptons wedding. I have since referred Kristen to a few friends who will be working with her this coming Spring. Lucky them!

Most natural makeup artist!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I spent quite some time searching for a good make-up artist for my big and day and let's just say it was not an easy search. My main goal was to have someone who would enhance my facial features while still retaining my natural look. When Kristen did my trial she had so much patience and allowed for me to give my input while guiding me in the right direction. Her work was beautiful, simple yet extremely elegant. My entire family and I had our make-up done by her on the day of the wedding and every person walked out extremely satisfied. I would and do recommend her to any and every individual. There's nothing she can't do!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Susan F

Kristen did makeup for me and my maid of honor. She was really wonderful to work with -- she really listened to our descriptions of how we wanted to look, and did a great job making it happen. She was professional, friendly, and punctual. Definitely recommended!

Natural Beauty

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Kristen was so awesome to work with. As a Bride who does not wear makeup often, I was looking for an artist to create a natural look. Kristen made me feel beautiful on my wedding day without having that cakey makeup feel or look. Both myself and all of my bridesmaids were happy with their results! I would highly recommend her!

Beautiful in every way!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Stephanie S

Kristen and I worked together on a recent wedding in Brooklyn, with a friend as the bride. As a wedding coordinator, I strive to work only with the best local vendors who are responsive, punctual, professional, and highly skilled. From the get-go, Kristen was accommodating in regard to our trial location, working with our budget, and coordinating styles. She is so sweet, and her and her assistant did an incredible job on all 9 ladies in the bridal party. She's calm (which every bride needs) and does really incredible, natural-looking work. Highly recommend Kristen! Certainly will be working closely with her in the future.

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Deepa A

Kristen and her assistant did their makeup magic for me, 6 bridesmaids, and my mom on my wedding day, and they were great! Because I was doing two wedding ceremonies (Indian and western), she did two totally different looks -- meaning that she had to come by once at 7am and again at 1pm! Everything ran smoothly and everyone (including me) was so happy with their makeup. Would definitely recommend Kristen to any bride looking for a no-fuss, beautiful makeup experience!

She made me look flawless!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Donna P

I had the pleasure of having my makeup done for a friend's wedding by Kristen and I was so pleased with the result I booked her to do my wedding this coming February. She is highly skilled, used top of the line cosmetics and made the entire experience very enjoyable. AND, my makeup lasted all night! Looking forward to working with her again!

Bride & bridal party makeup

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Rachel D

Kristen was an amazing makeup artist! She is very professional, friendly, personable and knows a lot about the art/science behind makeup. I did a trial before my wedding and I felt very comfortable with her. The entire time she is doing your makeup she fills you in on what she is doing and works with you to select the look you want for your wedding day. My makeup on my wedding day was stunning. I loved it!! Kristen and one of her assistants also did my mother’s makeup and my bridal party. They kept us all calm and handled a large and crazy group of women by accommodating all kinds of makeup requests. Not to brag but we all looked fabulous thanks to Kristen and her team!! I would recommend her for weddings or any type of occasion; you won’t be disappointed (from the picky bride!)

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Jaime O

Working with Kristen was wonderful from the very beginning. She is responsive, attentive and has a great calming influence. Her makeup is beautiful and I was extremely happy with how it came out. Kristen and her assistants did makeup for me and 9 bridesmaids/mothers. My bridesmaids told me they thought their makeup was better than at their own weddings! We got a little rushed at the end and I wish I had my makeup started sooner, but through it all Kristen remained calm and kept me calm. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone - you won't be sorry.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Andrea A

Kristen was absolutely amazing! She was so patient and easy to work with, I would recommend her to anyone. I was extremely pleased with my makeup and my bridesmaids and mother couldn't have been happier. She is the best and worth every penny! I would hire her again in a heartbeat. I am so happy I found her!!

Make-up so natural and she's great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Shannon K

Working with Kristen has been so easy and fun. She is extremely professional and would get back to me right away when I had questions leading up to the big day. She made my make up look gorgeous and natural - not caked on! She has an impressive background and experience and really listened to me, while using her own creativity and expertise. She did an incredible job and I'm so happy I chose her! She is also just a sweet, fun person that we all felt comfortable around and enjoyed our time together. I highly recommend her!

non-traditional bride

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 ashley s

For my wedding we decided to go completely non-traditional. My husband and I had our cocktail hour before our ceremony at sunset, and then went right into the wedding reception all in the same outdoor venue. Because of our non-traditional format, I wanted a more dramatic, evening makeup look. I had several trials with different makeup artists and either looked too overdone or too natural. At my trial with Kristen we played around with the lighting to see just how my makeup would look from sunset to a candle-lit reception, and she tweaked the look from there. She was totally confident in doing makeup for different lighting/photography scenarios. It completely assured me that on my actual wedding night my makeup would look perfect in the environment we created. I would recommend Kristen to the traditional or nontraditional bride as she can create very soft and natural looks, daring and dramatic and anything in between. I looked flawless and our pictures came out beyond beautiful. Kristen, you are truly an expert- thank you so much!

Flawless makeup that lasts

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Jane A

I was in a wedding this year and took Kristen's card because I had a feeling I would be engaged soon:) Well I just got engaged and called her asap to do a trial for my upcoming wedding this February. My trial was amazing and she knew exactly what to do for me. I showed her a few inspirational photos and told her that I really wanted a glamorous look. She gave me exactly that without looking overdone. And the makeup lasted all day! She made my eyes look bigger and brighter and my skin looked flawless. She really is very talented.

beautiful job for a large group

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Fran T

My son just had his wedding and the bride booked Kristen to cater to a very large group of women. She did a wonderful job and was so nice to spend the morning with. She really added to the day not only with her talent but with her personality as well. When she said that she was hoping to be voted best of weddings again next year I made sure that I would sign up and post how amazing she was. I don't wear a lot of makeup everyday but I didn't feel too made up, while still looking glamorous. She is an asset to any bride's special day.

wonderful!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Robin C

I met Kristen at a bridal expo in NY. She was advertising her first ever promotion to win a day-of-makeup package for the bride plus two ladies, so I entered... and I won! Kristen was fabulous!!! My make-up was flawless after the trial (for my rehearsal dinner) and flawless for the wedding day! I felt like me, but prettier. AND, we had a mishap on the big day with electricity, but Kristen didn't lose her cool, she found a window and did me up in natural light. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend her! (I looked up her prices after I won the package, and it was comparable/slightly cheaper than other places I was looking at in Brooklyn/Manhattan area)

Kristen is Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

I have worked with Kristen on multiple occasions and I have not been disappointed! Her work amazing and she is exactly the type of person you want around on your wedding day, cool, grounded, and super fun! I have asked her for a range of looks and she always gets it right.

Made my day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Jen C

My (now) husband and I eloped to NYC this summer and I booked Kristen for makeup. I was a bit nervous since we hadn't a trial run but Kristen made me look absolutely fantastic. I felt like a more glamorous version of myself and the makeup wore all day. I could not be more happy with my decision to book Kristen. She was also a pleasure to spend the morning with. Book her for your wedding!

Could not be happier!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 ashton s

Kristen did the most amazing job on my makeup for my wedding. Our wedding had a romantic/rustic inspired theme and I was nervous that my makeup would not match the overall look that I was going for. I had several trials with other makeup artists and they weren't able to give me the soft, romantic look that I wanted. At my trial with Kristen I was blown away with her ability to make my vision a reality. She assured me that I had nothing to worry about for the big day and that we could still tweak the makeup look if I felt inclined to do so. Her confidence and knowledge on all different trends and application techniques was very impressive and comforting. On my actual wedding day Kristen immediately made me feel relaxed and my makeup looked even more beautiful than it did on the trial. I would recommend Kristen to ANY and EVERYONE. Thank you so much Kristen!

Great makeup artist!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Alicia L

Kristen did an fantastic job on my make up for my wedding this summer! I had some pictures of contoured/highlighted face makeup with very dramatic eyes which would involve a lot of work and she tweaked the look I showed her in the photos to compliment my face perfectly. I also am allergic to certain preservatives in make up but I didn't have to worry since she thoroughly checked all her products for me in advance. The products Kristen uses look very good and are very high quality. She was great to work with and also has great references which I used for getting my hair done which saved me time, best wedding vendor I worked with and make me look amazing for my big day :)

Beautiful Day, Beautiful Face

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 catarina v

Excellence At It's Best.. I had the pleasure of being introduced to Kristen for my wedding makeup. She did an amazing job getting us all ready for the big day and stayed calm under all the pressure and time constraints!! She added that special vintage look I was looking for to put everything all together. She is a true master to her trade!!

Flawless Makeup Artist!

Reviewed on 7/25/2013 Stacy F

Choosing Kristen to do my makeup for my wedding was one of the best decisions I made! Kristen is a passionate artist who is unbelievably talented and incredibly personal. She was attentive to my "natural makeup" requests and made me look absolutely gorgeous on the day of my wedding, during my trial session, and during my engagement shoot. It also helped that she was super friendly, affordable, and willing to travel! I would highly highly recommend her to anyone looking for flawless professional makeup, and can't wait to use her again for future events!

I've never looked this good

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Jana S

I wear very little makeup on a day to day basis and I did two trials before I found Kristen. She has a very unique style that is really natural, yet ultra flawless and beautiful. She layered and layered her applications but when I looked in the mirror, I didn't look overdone at all. I don't know how she does it. If you want to look like a more put together version of yourself but still yourself, definitely book Kristen for your wedding.

TO Kristen Thérèse Makeup Artistry