Kristen Thérèse Makeup Artistry

New York, NY

"Look and Feel like Yourself... Your Best Self"

Personalized, long wearing applications to reflect your unique style. My goal is to make my brides feel beautiful not only throughout their day, but for years to come as they cherish their photos. Call now to book your trial!

Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Spas, Beauty

166 5th Ave,, New York, NY

Kristen is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Alicia M

I booked Kristen for my NYC wedding in May and she was fantastic!!! From the very beginning of the process, from the trial to the wedding day; Kristen was a dream to work with. For the trial, Kristen was super flexible and traveled to my apartment. After explaining the look that... Read More I wanted and some more details about my dress and the type of wedding we were having; Kristen did my make--up even better than I could have imagined. My fiancé (now husband) came home later that evening and the look on his face was priceless when he walked through the door! He told Kristen not to change anything for the wedding day. On the day of the wedding, Kristen arrived with plenty of time to do make-up for my mom, sister, mother-in-law and me. Her calming presence helped me relax despite all the commotion with everyone getting ready. I have never felt as beautiful as I did that day and I can't thank Kristen enough! Not only was I extremely happy, but my mom, sister, and mother-in-law loved the way they looked too. Our make-up lasted the entire day and looked great when we got our photos back. Kristen's experience and talent combined with her awesome personality made it so easy to work with her and I am so happy she did my wedding make-up!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Kyle C

I can honestly say I have never felt more beautiful then I did on my wedding day – and a lot of the credit goes to Kristen! I am very low maintenance when it comes to my daily make-up routine and was very concerned about my wedding make-up being too much. Kristen really listened... Read More to what I wanted -- and knows how to strike the right balance between making sure you look like yourself, but still stand out. Kristen also did the make-up for my bridal party (including two very picky red-heads) and my make-up phobic mother, and made everyone was happy with their look! In addition to her wonderful work Kristen is just great to work with. She is very organized and always had everything (scheduling etc.) under control. She struck the right balance between relaxed and efficient and kept my maids and me all right on schedule.

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Catherine D

I did multiple trials in my search for a wedding makeup artist- let me save you the trouble. Kristen did a fantastic job on my trial makeup, and as a bonus she is very kind and fun to chat with! I told her my concerns about heavy foundation... she managed to make my skin look... Read More perfect (it isn't!!) but I didn't look overly "made up" at all. She also understood my request for a slightly dramatic but not over the top eye and lip. The whole look really complemented my features and cool skin tones, and it still looked good 12 hours later! I've booked her to do my wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Rachel C

Kristen did my makeup for my wedding, and she was amazing! Not only is she an artist, but she is also such a wonderful person to work with. I knew from our trial appointment that she would be the perfect makeup artist for me. She is calm and easygoing, yet professional and... Read More reliable. I couldn’t ask for more out of someone I was trusting to make me look and feel my best on my wedding day. She used some of her own products on me, and they were amazing (particularly her mascara, which was the first type of mascara I’ve worn that hasn’t ended up under my eyes after an hour). I didn’t look the least bit shiny, and my makeup lasted the full 12 hours I needed it to. She also did the makeup for my mother and mother-in-law, and they looked fantastic as well. I highly recommend Kristen.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Brad D

I hired Kristen to beautify my mother for my wedding this past September. She was so easy to coordinate with and really took care of my mother, making her not only look absolutely stunning but comfortable and confident with her look. She has a real gift for making women look... Read More fabulous without looking overdone... a hard combination to master. Would recommend her for any event.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Sabrina H

We could not be happier with our choice to work with Kristen! We had a perfect experience from start-to-finish. She was easy to contact, quick to follow-up, and incredibly personable and professional during the trial and the day of the wedding. A mutual friend recommended... Read More Kristen because she is known for making brides and bridal parties look their best--like the prettiest, best **natural** versions of themselves. I was looking for that Style Me Pretty, woke up GORGEOUS look for my wedding and Kristen delivered. Job perfectly done, Kristen!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Megan H

Kristen was absolutely fantastic! I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend her to any bride looking for an amazing make-up artist in the NYC area. I had a trial with another makeup artist but was looking for a more natural look for my wedding day since I didn't want to not look... Read More like myself or look too overdone plus my now Husband doesn't like me with too much makeup on. I did browsing on the Knot and came across Kristen's profile and instantly feel in love with the pictures and the "natural" look she had on her brides. When I found out she was still available on my wedding date, I was ecstatic and quickly set up my trial to lock her in for my big day. Not only was she super flexible with scheduling my trial (she actually did it on my birthday to make me feel even more special that day :) ) but her laid back energy and down to earth vibe made me feel so relaxed and at ease not only at my trial but on my wedding day. Of course the day before my wedding out of nowhere, a huge pimple popped up right by my lip. In a panic the night before I popped it but the next day it was really red and still peeling (gross I know), but Kristen SAVED THE DAY and covered it up completely to the point that you couldn't even tell I had anything on my face. Kristen is fantastic to work with and is truly an expert - she's worked in the industry for years and is developing her own stuff which I can't wait to purchase in the future! I cannot recommend her enough and truly thank her for making me look beautiful on my wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/10/2015

Kristen is awesome!!! I don’t typically wear a lot of make-up and was concerned about looking overly “done” on my wedding day. Kristen really listened to my concerns and did an amazing job – my make-up was beautiful but still felt natural. It looked good in person and in... Read More pictures, and I got a ton of compliment about it. Kristen is great to work with. She’s fun and personable and helps to create a relaxed atmosphere on what can be a stressful day. I would highly recommend her!

Best Beauty for My Big Day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Shannon B

I met Kristen at a friend's wedding, and was so impressed with her work on the bride and all of the bridesmaids (myself included,) that I HAD to book her for my own wedding in New York. Her style was everything I wanted for my big day, and she did not disappoint! I work in... Read More fashion and had quite a few picky ladies in my bridal party, but Kristen handled everyone perfectly, catering to their needs, and offering touch-ups without having to be asked. She worked quickly, efficiently, and with a light hand that made for a natural, yet upstyled look that was perfect for our Hamptons wedding. I have since referred Kristen to a few friends who will be working with her this coming Spring. Lucky them!

Most natural makeup artist!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I spent quite some time searching for a good make-up artist for my big and day and let's just say it was not an easy search. My main goal was to have someone who would enhance my facial features while still retaining my natural look. When Kristen did my trial she had so much... Read More patience and allowed for me to give my input while guiding me in the right direction. Her work was beautiful, simple yet extremely elegant. My entire family and I had our make-up done by her on the day of the wedding and every person walked out extremely satisfied. I would and do recommend her to any and every individual. There's nothing she can't do!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Susan F

Kristen did makeup for me and my maid of honor. She was really wonderful to work with -- she really listened to our descriptions of how we wanted to look, and did a great job making it happen. She was professional, friendly, and punctual. Definitely recommended!

Natural Beauty

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Kristen was so awesome to work with. As a Bride who does not wear makeup often, I was looking for an artist to create a natural look. Kristen made me feel beautiful on my wedding day without having that cakey makeup feel or look. Both myself and all of my bridesmaids were happy... Read More with their results! I would highly recommend her!

Beautiful in every way!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Stephanie S

Kristen and I worked together on a recent wedding in Brooklyn, with a friend as the bride. As a wedding coordinator, I strive to work only with the best local vendors who are responsive, punctual, professional, and highly skilled. From the get-go, Kristen was accommodating in... Read More regard to our trial location, working with our budget, and coordinating styles. She is so sweet, and her and her assistant did an incredible job on all 9 ladies in the bridal party. She's calm (which every bride needs) and does really incredible, natural-looking work. Highly recommend Kristen! Certainly will be working closely with her in the future.

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Deepa A

Kristen and her assistant did their makeup magic for me, 6 bridesmaids, and my mom on my wedding day, and they were great! Because I was doing two wedding ceremonies (Indian and western), she did two totally different looks -- meaning that she had to come by once at 7am and... Read More again at 1pm! Everything ran smoothly and everyone (including me) was so happy with their makeup. Would definitely recommend Kristen to any bride looking for a no-fuss, beautiful makeup experience!

She made me look flawless!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Donna P

I had the pleasure of having my makeup done for a friend's wedding by Kristen and I was so pleased with the result I booked her to do my wedding this coming February. She is highly skilled, used top of the line cosmetics and made the entire experience very enjoyable. AND, my... Read More makeup lasted all night! Looking forward to working with her again!

Bride & bridal party makeup

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Rachel D

Kristen was an amazing makeup artist! She is very professional, friendly, personable and knows a lot about the art/science behind makeup. I did a trial before my wedding and I felt very comfortable with her. The entire time she is doing your makeup she fills you in on what... Read More she is doing and works with you to select the look you want for your wedding day. My makeup on my wedding day was stunning. I loved it!! Kristen and one of her assistants also did my mother’s makeup and my bridal party. They kept us all calm and handled a large and crazy group of women by accommodating all kinds of makeup requests. Not to brag but we all looked fabulous thanks to Kristen and her team!! I would recommend her for weddings or any type of occasion; you won’t be disappointed (from the picky bride!)

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Jaime O

Working with Kristen was wonderful from the very beginning. She is responsive, attentive and has a great calming influence. Her makeup is beautiful and I was extremely happy with how it came out. Kristen and her assistants did makeup for me and 9 bridesmaids/mothers. My... Read More bridesmaids told me they thought their makeup was better than at their own weddings! We got a little rushed at the end and I wish I had my makeup started sooner, but through it all Kristen remained calm and kept me calm. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone - you won't be sorry.

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Andrea A

Kristen was absolutely amazing! She was so patient and easy to work with, I would recommend her to anyone. I was extremely pleased with my makeup and my bridesmaids and mother couldn't have been happier. She is the best and worth every penny! I would hire her again in a... Read More heartbeat. I am so happy I found her!!

Make-up so natural and she's great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Shannon K

Working with Kristen has been so easy and fun. She is extremely professional and would get back to me right away when I had questions leading up to the big day. She made my make up look gorgeous and natural - not caked on! She has an impressive background and experience and... Read More really listened to me, while using her own creativity and expertise. She did an incredible job and I'm so happy I chose her! She is also just a sweet, fun person that we all felt comfortable around and enjoyed our time together. I highly recommend her!

non-traditional bride

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 ashley s

For my wedding we decided to go completely non-traditional. My husband and I had our cocktail hour before our ceremony at sunset, and then went right into the wedding reception all in the same outdoor venue. Because of our non-traditional format, I wanted a more dramatic,... Read More evening makeup look. I had several trials with different makeup artists and either looked too overdone or too natural. At my trial with Kristen we played around with the lighting to see just how my makeup would look from sunset to a candle-lit reception, and she tweaked the look from there. She was totally confident in doing makeup for different lighting/photography scenarios. It completely assured me that on my actual wedding night my makeup would look perfect in the environment we created. I would recommend Kristen to the traditional or nontraditional bride as she can create very soft and natural looks, daring and dramatic and anything in between. I looked flawless and our pictures came out beyond beautiful. Kristen, you are truly an expert- thank you so much!

Flawless makeup that lasts

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Jane A

I was in a wedding this year and took Kristen's card because I had a feeling I would be engaged soon:) Well I just got engaged and called her asap to do a trial for my upcoming wedding this February. My trial was amazing and she knew exactly what to do for me. I showed her a... Read More few inspirational photos and told her that I really wanted a glamorous look. She gave me exactly that without looking overdone. And the makeup lasted all day! She made my eyes look bigger and brighter and my skin looked flawless. She really is very talented.

beautiful job for a large group

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Fran T

My son just had his wedding and the bride booked Kristen to cater to a very large group of women. She did a wonderful job and was so nice to spend the morning with. She really added to the day not only with her talent but with her personality as well. When she said that she... Read More was hoping to be voted best of weddings again next year I made sure that I would sign up and post how amazing she was. I don't wear a lot of makeup everyday but I didn't feel too made up, while still looking glamorous. She is an asset to any bride's special day.

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Robin C

I met Kristen at a bridal expo in NY. She was advertising her first ever promotion to win a day-of-makeup package for the bride plus two ladies, so I entered... and I won! Kristen was fabulous!!! My make-up was flawless after the trial (for my rehearsal dinner) and flawless for... Read More the wedding day! I felt like me, but prettier. AND, we had a mishap on the big day with electricity, but Kristen didn't lose her cool, she found a window and did me up in natural light. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend her! (I looked up her prices after I won the package, and it was comparable/slightly cheaper than other places I was looking at in Brooklyn/Manhattan area)

Kristen is Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

I have worked with Kristen on multiple occasions and I have not been disappointed! Her work amazing and she is exactly the type of person you want around on your wedding day, cool, grounded, and super fun! I have asked her for a range of looks and she always gets it right.

Made my day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Jen C

My (now) husband and I eloped to NYC this summer and I booked Kristen for makeup. I was a bit nervous since we hadn't a trial run but Kristen made me look absolutely fantastic. I felt like a more glamorous version of myself and the makeup wore all day. I could not be more... Read More happy with my decision to book Kristen. She was also a pleasure to spend the morning with. Book her for your wedding!