Kristin La Voie Photography

Fine Art

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Film Photography

475 Dunham Rd, St Charles, IL

Our favorite and most reliable vendor

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Jessie L

We were referred to Kristin by our photographer friend who follows her work. Initially looking on her website I really thought she was out of our budget. Everyone has their priorities and my husband was adamant that photography needed to be a high priority for us. She did absolutely fantastic work and we will never regret our decision. Our wedding was wonderful and we were so happy that the pictures projected every emotion and all of the beauty as we remember it. Kristin and her team were a pleasure to work with and kept us relaxed and having fun on our wedding day. She was by far the most reliable and helpful vendor. Kristin always replied very quickly to our emails, she offered her opinions which we really valued. For example we got married in Chicago during Lollapalooza weekend and Kristin really deterred us from having our pictures taken at Millennium Park. Instead she suggested Olive Park and we have the most beautiful photos I've ever seen from any wedding. Even though I grew up in Chicago I'd never been to Olive Park so kudos to Kristin for knowing the best spots in town for beautiful pictures. The nicest thing about Kristin is she likes to capture raw emotion and she makes you feel comfortable. As you can see from her portfolio her pictures make everything look very romantic and beautiful and what more could you want for your wedding memories.

Excellent service!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

Working with Kristin was a breath of fresh air! Always professional and always responded to email super quick! She was so detailed in making sure our timeline was on oiint for pictures and made sure to capture all the moments we wanted! I would highly reccommend kristin to anybody looking for a wedding photographer! You won't be disappointed!!

Amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Amanda W

Kristin is an amazing photographer! We used her for our egagement photos and for our recent wedding. She makes everything look magical and beautiful. Photography was important to us for our wedding day since it the one lasting thing you have. Kristin was well worth it! We have had so many compliments from people on our photos.

Book Kristin, no contest!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Lauren B

Let me just start by saying that, with the exception of my husband, Kristin was the best decision I made regarding my wedding day. Her portraits are so stunning that I look even better in the photos than I did on my wedding day, and I felt beautiful that day! I am a shy, reserved person, and was a bit nervous to be striking a pose in front of a photographer all day. Kristin is so bubbly and approachable that she had me actually enjoying our complimentary engagement session, which I highly recommend using as practice for the big day. I planned my wedding from 2,000 miles away, and Kristin was always so accommodating with my schedule regarding appointments and e-mails. She listened to my desires, gave exceptional advice, and captured every wonderful moment of my wedding day. If you desire candid, photojournalistic, fine art photos of your wedding, then Kristin is the one to book, hands down. She may be more expensive than the big wedding photography companies, but her photos are 200% better, and will provide you with gorgeous memories and never-ending compliments from guests and friends. Plus, she's fun. Thanks, Kristin!

Could not be happier with KLP!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Emily E

From my first meeting with Kristin, I couldn't wait to book her for our September 13 wedding. Her energy is amazing and she could not be more passionate and excited to create some absolutely stunning memories. Her work speaks for itself... I couldn't be happier with the gorgeous and creative photos that she took. Kristin really ended up being more than a photographer...she helped us think though a ton of logistics for the big day. She was also organized and responsive throughout the wedding planning process which helped this bride stay that much more sane. She was also incredibly quick with posting pictures on her blog and FB page so that we could get a sneak peek of our engagement and wedding photos. We got our full set of proofs in just a few weeks which was also amazing. Thanks so much Kristin!!!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Nikki

Kristin is amazing! She made us feel so comfortable and so at ease during our engagement session. Her work is outstanding, and the lighting and way she creates the photos are just stunning! Highly recommend! Can't wait for her to photograph our wedding! :)

Great, Great, Great!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Lauren N

I have known Kristin since High School, and had no idea how talented she was until I looked at her work. I knew before I was even engaged that I wanted to use her for my wedding. Kristin is great! She pays attention to the details you will forget, and is more organized than anyone I know...including myself. It's definitely one less thing that you have to worry about when you're planning your wedding. The photographer can sometimes be a burden or another hassle, but when you work with Kristin, that is totally NOT the case. She makes wedding planning so easy, and helps you with more than just the photos! I can't wait to use her for family photos down the road :) Book her before she is unavailable!

Wonderful Photography

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Elizabeth M

It took me a long time to find a photographer. This is because many photographers are apart of a huge company and never get a chance to get to know the bride and groom. Kristin gets to know her clients. She is extremely professional and talented. I also chose her because of her creativity with her photos. She is very artistic. Kristin definitely captured my wedding day perfectly and I cannot thank her and her team enough. It was truly a fabulous day. I will definitely be recommending her to my friends and family.

Kristin La Voie Photography

Reviewed on 10/14/2014

Kristin thought of everything! You can tell that she is in the wedding business and adores what she does. She pays attention to the details and we could not be more pleased with our photos. Her style is more photo journalistic and less posey. I love the candid shots. Kristin and her crew made my wedding day go so smoothly. We have gotten so many compliments on the photos already. I would highly recommend her.

Fairy Tale Worthy Photos

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Alexandra H

I was very particular when I was looking for photographers for our October wedding. But from the second I saw Kristin's photos, I fell in love. Her aesthetic is so warm, and romantic. There were many other talented photographers, but her photos were the only one that really captured the warmth and happiness I wanted to remember my wedding day. She is definitely more expensive than a lot of other photographers we looked at, but photos were a very high priority for me, so it was worth it. Our engagement session created the most magical photos. People told me they looked like a magazine photo spread. They are truly fab. Our wedding was just a couple weeks ago, so I haven't received the pics back yet, but I am awaiting with anticipation! Kristin is lovely and funny, and very easy to work with. She makes the whole process fun and not awkward. Well...sometimes she makes awkward comments to get a good smile. But all for the the best photos! :) I highly recommend working with Kristin!

Best of the Best

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Heather L

Kristin is amazing through every step of the process. From the moment you book with her until she sends you your photos, you will be taken care of. I booked with Kristin a week after getting engaged because I had been following her work on Facebook and she was the one thing I was sure about from the very beginning (aside from the person I was marrying of course, haha). I was elated to find out she was available for my date. Her responses from them on out were extremely prompt, usually within the hour. She answered every possible question I had. Right off the bat I felt very secure in my decision. The engagement session went amazingly well and I couldn't believe how many different types of photos she got in just an hour. We had so many great photos to choose from for our save the dates!! And our smiles looked natural because her presence made us feel genuinely happy. When it came time for the wedding day, Kristin and her team swooped in and took charge in the best way possible. I was kind of all over the place, and when she got there she stepped in as almost a coordinator or sorts. I really needed that. I found myself asking her throughout the night questions like "when are we supposed to do the bouquet toss?".... I was clueless, and she was a saint. The strangest part though, is that even though she was so involved, nobody noticed they were even there. Everyone who was at my wedding and then saw the pictures kept asking me "When did she take this picture?! We didn't even see her!!". Kristin somehow manages to be 100% involved and there for you, while also being 100% unobtrusive and out of the way. It's a remarkable talent. And after all of that, we have the most incredible photos to show for it. Photos I will treasure for the rest of my life. We received a sneak peek days later on our honeymoon that brought me to tears. Just a couple weeks later, we received hundreds of amazing photos that captured every aspect so perfectly. Kristin is a one of a kind talent. She's a sure bet, and I would recommend her to everyone.

The best of the best!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Jamie M

We hired Kristin for our September 2014 wedding and she was amazing! Kristin and her team were my favorite vendors that we worked with. She is very sweet and outgoing and makes you feel completely comfortable during your big day. This is especially important when most of us aren't used to being followed around by cameras the entire day! Her work is amazing and she has a true eye for the smallest details that can make a photo so stunning and memorable. Kristin is a true professional - very responsive, attentive and really wants to share your vision to ensure you remember the most important day of your life beautifully. I cannot recommend her enough!

Worth Every Penny!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Vanessa U

My fiancé and I decided to forego a videographer and used our "photography" budget on just a photographer, and Kristin was worth every penny. Not only was she super thorough, but a blast to work with. She made us feel so comfortable during the whole process!! We have amazing engagement and wedding photos that will last a lifetime. Words truly can't describe how happy we were with Kristin and her crew. She has quite a talent, and I am so happy that we had her to capture this wonderful moment in our lives.

Kristin will make your day MAGICAL!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Diana H

Our experience with Kristin has been nothing short of magical. From the first phone call to seeing some sneak peaks on her blog after the big day, Kristin has been a constant professional and truly deserving of all the praise. That eye! That talent! Kristin made us feel so comfortable throughout the whole process, and listened to all our preferences and thoughts. One of the BEST reasons that made us feel so at ease with Kristin is how incredibly RESPONSIVE she is. Most responsive vendor ever!!! Her turn-around time is also lightning fast. I know she has a million clients, but she always made us feel like her only one, and that is truly amazing and special. And a note on her products - we've yet to receive our album, but everything else has been top notch... from the client site (where the contract and forms are), to the awesome USB of your pictures, to the full site pictures... it's all so seamless and easy. We even got a little surprise recently - a slideshow of some wedding pictures set to great music - it was the best surprise ever, and we teared up when we all watched it. Kristin captured our day and emotions so effectively and beautifully. Cannot say enough great things about Kristin!! You must hire her NOW. :)

Eye of the Tiger

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Megan M

Kristin was a joy to work with! We are so glad we splurged for her! She has an incredible eye and a personality that keeps things fun and light. We loved the engagement session and were completely stress-free going into the wedding about pictures. She was very prompt and professional. We absolutely loved working with Kristin La Voie Photography! And the pictures prove our day was magic!

Absolutely amazing

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Laura O

Kristin did our engagement session and our wedding. The photos are so beautiful, people can't stop talking about them! She is so positive and up-beat, and really set the tone for the day. She was great with all the family members and kids, even my husband who hates having his picture taken - she got a few real smiles out of him! I would recommend Kristin for any photo-related needs! :)

Breathtaking photos we are still obsessing over!

Reviewed on 6/04/2014 Amanda D

I cannot say enough about how amazing our experience with Kristin was!! She took our Engagement and Wedding photos and not only were the results mind blowing, she also made us feel comfortable and relaxed during our sessions. The night of the wedding, she was great about making sure we were on time but also capturing all the photos we wanted. She was also extremely flexible when the evening schedule changed. The wedding album is breathtaking and we were amazed at some of the moments she captured throughout the night. We're looking for excuses to use her amazing skills again :)

You will NOT be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Lauren C

My husband and found Kristin online and were immediately impressed with her work. Then we met her in her adorable, charming studio and we were really impressed! Booking was very easy. She's got the whole system down from contracting to wedding worksheets. She makes everything so seamless and stress free! She is also VERY prompt and upfront when corresponding- something a bride can REALLY appreciate! We loved engagement photos, but the real artistry came at our wedding. You will never look better! She not only captured us to perfection, but our guests and venue as well! She is thoughtful, romantic, silly, and charming... all qualities reflected in her work. We are so happy we spent the money for these captured memories- they are absolutely incredible, as is Kristin.

INCREDIBLE is an understatement!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Chelsea M

Being a professional wedding photographer myself I had the hardest time finding a wedding photographer, as Kristin was booked on my date. After searching high and low I decided to change my wedding date so that Kristin could shoot my wedding, that was the best decision I made! Being a photographer myself I had a vision in my head of what I wanted the photographs to look like and I seriously was blown away how beautiful the images turned out! They turned out better then I ever imagined! I'm SO thankful I decided to change my date to have Kristin be my photographer. She delivered amazing images after the wedding, that I am so happy to have forever! She helped the day flow wonderfully and had a great second shooter to help create more beautiful images. I hands down recommend her to anyway, she is worth every penny! Professional, talented, creative and amazing!

Engagement Session

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Meghan B

I LOVE Kristin La Voie Photography. So far we have only had our engagement session but it turned out better than I could have asked for. Beginning with our initial phone call to our many, many emails to our actual session Kristin has been constantly in contact with us. She is so genuinely interested in everything I've had to ask so far. Throughout our entire engagement session she had my fiance and I cracking up :). We had a blast shooting pictures all around Navy Pier and Olive Park I couldn't have asked for anything better. Kristin just truly has a passion for photographing couples in love. I'm so happy we chose her for our engagement/wedding pictures. I cannot wait to until our wedding because I am 100% certain our pictures will turn out amazing :).

Worth every PENNY!

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Aubree L

Kristen and staff recently shot my Michigan Vineyard wedding and engagement photos. I just received the proofs and they are AMAZING! I can't explain how pleased we are with her services. I would recommend Kristin to anyone and everyone! Couldn't be happier! Thanks for capturing every moment! Aubree and Dave

Amazing photographer

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Carolyn R

Kristin is absolutely amazing. One of the first things I did when we got engaged was to look at wedding photographers. Photography was one of the most important things to me and something I wanted to book very early on. After looking at tons of photographers websites, we decided to hire her over two years ago for our wedding and engagement photos. She did our engagement photos last year and they were amazing. We got lots of photos back and we loved the all. We received so many compliments on them! I knew we made the perfect choice for our photographer. We were just married on 9/21/13 and although we've only seen her Facebook sneak peek (which we adore) we are sure our photos will be as amazing as our engagement photos. Kristin was fabulous to work with and always helpful, she is a true pro! Kristin is the perfect choice for your wedding photographer. She is also super fast at getting photos up on Facebook and her blog and we love that we got to see our sneak peeks so soon!

Could Not Be Happier

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Keely M

Kristin is the second photographer we booked for our wedding this past August. The first one freaked out and basically canceled on us 3 weeks before the wedding when I expressed some concern about not liking some of the engagement photos. She said my expectations were too high and that what I was asking for was unrealistic. By some miracle Kristin happened to be available for my date and did not seem at all concerned when I described what I was looking for. I booked her immediately and am so glad that I did! She was professional, fun to work with, and delivers AMAZING photos. I don't know how else to describe the difference except to say that the photos I got with Kristin are what you see on pinterest and in magazines, the photos I got with the first photographer were just not. I would absolutely recommend her and can't wait to work with her in the future - she also does baby photos!

Rockstar of all photographers!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Erica B

Working with Kristin has been an amazing experience thus far!!! Her unique way of capturing special moments during our engagement photo session resulted with jaw dropping images. Kristin's pictures tell a story and her talent speaks for itself. She definitely takes pride in every single picture she takes and her reactions let you hear how much she loves her work! I am beyond excited to see her continue with our wedding day. :)

Perfection :-)

Reviewed on 9/06/2013 Ciara C

Kristin was the first vendor we booked for our wedding. I first saw Kristin's work through a friends engagement pictures and fell in love with what she can do. I was a little nervous when it came to picking a photographer because I HATE pictures of myself. I avoid Facebook posts, have never owned a camera and just do not feel comfortable smiling for pictures. She 100% put me at ease (my fiancee on the other hand seemed to LOVE the camera lol) Our engagement pictures were taken on a day when it was pouring ran and still look absolutely fantastic. We got married this past weekend and she made me feel so comfortable the entire time. She is so sweet and easy going. Her work is breath-taking. During my planning process when I wasn't sure what I wanted for other areas of the wedding I looked through her pictures on Facebook for inspiration. She is also super responsive to any questions you might have and referred me to some other really good vendors too.

TO Kristin La Voie Photography