Book Your Wedding with Kuhs Estate & Farm

A BARN IN ST. LOUIS, MO

Kuhs Estate & Farm is located in Spanish Lake, which is a part of North St. Louis, Missouri. This setting provides a country atmosphere for wedding ceremonies and receptions, and it is only 25 minutes away from downtown St. Louis. Kuhs Estate & Farm prides itself on being an actual farm that has crops, animals, fresh eggs and farm machinery. Being a real farm allows Kuhs Estate & Farm to offer a wide range of fun activities on the wedding day, including hay rides, bonfires, carriage rides and petting zoos.

Guests can have their wedding outdoors under a giant tree, with their guests situated in the lush, green grass. The wedding party can have their pictures taken next to farm animals or in a rock garden on the premises. Guests can hold the reception outdoors under a rented tent, allowing guests to enjoy the farm scenery and breathe the fresh, country air throughout the event.

Kuhs Estate & Farm provides its guests with a list of preferred vendors for weddings, including Russo's Catering, Butler's Pantry, Conway Catering and Henri's Events, while Concetta's is the preferred bar provider. Kuhs Estate & Farm must approve any outside vendors, and guests must pay an extra 10 percent fee for using them. All outside caterers must provide St. Louis County Health Department certification, while bar providers must provide a liquor license. Kuhs Estate & Farm also provides a list of preferred bakers, florists, photographers, decorators and even travel agents for honeymoons. The farm itself can provide chairs for the wedding made of natural wood, with the delivery and installation fees covered in the price.

Kuhs Estate & Farm only books one wedding event per day, ensuring that each couple has the venue from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m. for the most intimate experience possible. Smoking is only permitted in marked, designated spots on the venue, while open containers and outside coolers are strictly prohibited. Candles must be contained in hurricane or votive glasses. Fireworks, confetti and glitter are also strictly prohibited during any post-wedding celebrations. Guests must only drive on marked areas on the farm, and driving on the grass is strictly prohibited. Guests must arrange with their catering or bar service for the cleanup and removal of trash after the wedding. Kuhs Estate & Farm requires guests to use Exclusive Luxury Restroom for restroom services.

Kuhs Estate & Farm provides guests with services from their award-winning Event Design & Décor selection, which includes rental pieces that combine a rustic farm atmosphere with kitschy fun. Some of the items couples can use to decorate their weddings include the following:

• Benches
  • Painted mason jars
  • Lunchboxes
  • Soda bottles

Private Country Estate Wedding - St. Louis

Don't settle for a 'WEDDING PACKAGE' at another venue. You deserve the freedom to choose exactly how you want your wedding day to be. We're a private event space that caters to clients looking to host a creatively expressive celebration of their day. Most wedding venues are also open to the public, give you HALF a day, have packages, food and beverage minimums and excessive service charges. We believe all of those elements create too many challenges to planning your day YOUR way. We're never open to the public, all our events are private, we book for the entire day so you're never rushed, & we have the space to accommodate even the largest wedding. We're 20 minutes from the center of St. Louis - quick and easy for you and your guests. Get ready to fall in love. Again. - KUHSFARM.COM

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Waterfront, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented, Vineyard

Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

20 minutes north of St. Louis, St. Louis, MO (314) 226-0709
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Lauren C

WOW--so obviously the place is beautiful and you couldn't ask for a better setting. But the people are AWESOME. They paid such exceptional attention to detail and what the bride and groom want for their day. We never felt any pressure from them to do things a certain way, yet... Read More came to us with different ideas and options that we were free to take or leave. As someone who had a lot of her plate during wedding planning, it was so helpful to have someone who was calm (even when things weren't working out as planned), accommodating, and thoughtful. The touches they put on events are above and beyond. I can't say enough nice things about Elizabeth and my experience with Kuh's.

2017-07-19T16:53:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Tracy C

The moment Robert and I stepped foot on this gorgeous estate, and met Luli and Nick, we had no doubt Kuhs Estate & Farm was where we were meant to get married ! From day one of planning to our actual wedding day, the process was flawless! Luli's attention to detail and how she... Read More turned my vision into a reality is still beyond me ! Thanks to Luli, every aspect of our wedding mirrored mine and my husbands hobbies and personalities in every way..... from the vintage furniture seating areas, to the ceremony entrance way draped in all of my wedding flowers ( and succulents!) , to the reception table decor; greenery, antlers + feathers, and boxed succulents on the "His" tables and on the "Hers" tables; greenery mixed with simple and elegant flower vases and laced votives ! Breathtaking ! And our most favorite part of the day, our own beautifully decorated private table in the rock garden, where we were swooped off too immediately following the ceremony, to play a quick game of gin and enjoy our first 30 minutes together as husband and wife in our element. On the table, a lovely fruit and cheese plate, champagne for me, and a Busch beer for my husband, and a lovely wooden card holder and handwritten note from Luli and Nick. I tear up just thinking about it ! We are still in awe of our wedding day and how magical it was; not just for us but for all of our guests. We've heard time and time again, ours was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been too and I couldn't agree more :) ! Thank you Luli and Nick for a wedding day beyond our wildest dreams, for memories we will always cherish, and for the forever friends we have made with the both of you. All our love, Tracy and Robert

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Clare G

This review is long overdue, but hopefully it does justice to the immense gratitude my husband and I share for this majestic venue and its wonderful owners, Elizabeth and Nick Fichter. This private property is the perfect marriage of rustic elegance and natural beauty. We got... Read More married under an expansive oak tree in the sprawling valley of the property, so picturesque that it inspired my sister to paint a watercolor of the tree and incorporate it into our wedding invitation and day-of paperwork. Words can't do it justice. Just look at the pictures and you'll begin to get a sense of the incomparable serenity, beauty, and intimacy of this special part of the property. Our reception took place on the bluff of the private estate, overlooking the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers, a priceless view that embodies the ethos of our state. Our 230 guests had ample room to take in the view, mingle, appreciate the many sites of the property (the stone garden, the gazebo at the highest point of the property, the stone sitting area at the furthest edge of the property etc), and then naturally move into the tent located nearby on the bluff. The reception under the tent was magical. From the carefully crafted harvest dinner tables to the after-party smores around the campfire, Elizabeth and her team beautifully designed the night with such tasteful class and an appreciation of our vision. Not only is she a talented visionary, she is a joy to work with from start to finish, always ensuring that every detail is taken care of with such a reassuring and professional ease about her demeanor (which we brides appreciate so much!). Her attention to detail, institutional knowledge of the industry, and positive attitude made the overall experience so amazing and fluid. We were able to be present and completely in-the-moment the entire day, without any hiccups or complications. Andrew and I truly can't express how meaningful the experience was on the most important day of lives. Elizabeth and your team - thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Brittany M

We fell in love with kuhs farm the minute we drove up. Words can't describe how thrilled I am that I got marry the best person I've ever met in the most magical place. From the second you meet Elizabeth and Nick, you can tell how much they truly love this place and how much they... Read More love being apart of couples' special day. Kuhs farm is full of magic everywhere you look. It sounds corny, but I promise the second you get out of the car and look around you believe it's true. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Becky M

The most amazing place to have our daughter's wedding. Nick and Elizabeth were so great and easy to work with. The estate is just beautiful. Elizabeth did all the design, flowers and decorations for the wedding and reception and it was everything and more we could have asked... Read More for. I knew at the initial design meeting by the questions Elizabeth asked our daughter she would be able to bring her vision to life and she exceeded our expectations . It was just a magical day and evening and I am forever grateful that they made our daughter and new son-in-law's wedding a perfect start to their marriage!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Hannah W

We had our wedding at Kuhs Estate & Farm this past weekend and it was an absolute dream. Luli, Nick and team did a fantastic job making our vision come to life. They truly went above and beyond to make our big day as special as we had always hoped it would be. We had multiple... Read More guests tell us that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. If you are interested in having an outdoor wedding, Kuhs is where you want to do it!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Tess R

Elizabeth and Nick were incredible and the venue is unbelievably beautiful. Everything went off without a hitch thanks to Elizabeth and Nick who went above and beyond to make sure everything was set up and ran smoothly. We couldn't have asked for a better day, place and... Read More experience.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Joan T

If I could give Luli and Nick Fichter (the owners of Kuhs Estate and Farm) 10 stars I would. They made my daughter's wedding absolutely beautiful and unforgettable. The day and evening surpassed all our expectations (and many guests told us it was the best wedding they had... Read More ever attended). Luli worked with us right from the start to translate our wishes into the most magical and unique event. She is very artistic, and her suggestions, ideas and design elements enhanced the entire day. She watched every detail, and she and Nick worked tirelessly (Luli even repaired things when necessary). I have never seen such service-it was as if we were her own family. I cannot recommend Kuhs estate enough as the most spectacular place in St. Louis to hold an event.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Katie O

We had our wedding and reception at Kuhs Estate and Farm on 10-1-16. It was absolutely magical. Liz and Nick are some of the best people you will meet and they take extreme pride in ensuring you have the perfect day. The farm is filled with amazing picture opportunities from the... Read More large oak tree, bluff overlooking the Missouri River, gazebo, rock garden, etc. All of this is nothing compared to the magic you will feel on your special day. You will see your vision come to life and it will exceed all of your expectations. It was the best day of our lives and we have memories that will last us a lifetime. You can't go wrong with Kuhs Estate and Farm.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Elizabeth S

Absolutely wonderful place to get married!! Magical! My now husband and I tied the knot last weekend and are still on cloud 9 :) Elizabeth has a great eye for detail and truly tries to understand what the couple would like. The views are breathtaking. The vendors are amazing... Read More to work with and provide excellent service. We had so many compliments. Our guest had a blast. My husband and I wish we could do it all over again. Highly recommend this venue if your looking for an unforgettable night.

Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Gretchen M

If you are looking for a beautiful outdoor venue with wonderful staff this is your place! The views around the farm are amazing! From the river views, to the free standing Oak tree, this place is a hidden paradise. Our outdoor October wedding was perfect. The decor was amazing!... Read More Just what my husband and I had in mind. Liz and Nick are also awesome! My husband is a big hunter and Liz incorporated deer antlers into our hear table. Nick and LIz were there though the whole wedding making sure everything went smoothly. Liz even sewed one of our guests' dresses when it broke! I can not say enough positive things about Kuhs Farm and their Staff. There isn't a single thing I would have changed about this venue! Our wedding was a dream come true thanks to Kuhs!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Anne S

Not that I am planning on getting married again, but if I would have to, I would totally do it there again. It is a wonderful venue, it is up on the bluffs overlooking the confluence of Missouri and Mississippi. It is outdoor in a tent (in case it rains) and gives plenty of... Read More space for your guests to explore and have a great time. Liz (the owner) and Renee, the wedding planner that comes with the package, are amazing and help you as much or as little as you want to make sure it will be what you want. Liz really took my vision and my Pinterest board and translated it 1:1. The only little negative thing is,that it is a bit pricy. It is $3700 to rent the place (incl. the wedding planner), $4000 for the tent and $1000 for the restrooms. That does not include any food or rentals (chairs, tables, dishes etc.) But you do have the place all day long from 10am until 11pm. So you can have your ceremony and/or reception there. (they are only doing one wedding each day).

Married April 11, 2015

Reviewed on 4/13/2015

What an amazing place. My husband and I were just married there this past weekend. When we first visited the venue it didn't take long to know where we'd be married. With the down payment, the property owner was very flexible and remained the nicest and most helpful throughout... Read More the entire year of planning. She does most of the decorations and the floral arrangements, which is more than helpful but that is when the price extends beyond just the venue "total cost". With that said, you get what you pay for and we had an absolutely amazing day we will forever cherish. We are incredibly anxious to receive the professional photos back from this amazing hidden gem of Saint Louis.

I can't imagine getting married anywhere else

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Brittany B

Kuhs Estate was the perfect venue for our ceremony and reception. When my fiance (now husband) and I set out to find a wedding venue we knew we wanted something rustic with a lot of natural beauty. We initially looked at a few wineries and barns in the St. Louis area but felt... Read More that those venues were lacking in authenticity. Then we visited Kuhs. We knew right away that we wanted to have our wedding at Kuhs - it is the real deal. The estate and farm are tucked away in Spanish Lake with gorgeous views on the estate side overlooking the bluffs; the entire property is completely picturesque. The property has been in Elizabeth's, the owner, family for years and you can tell that she completely adores the property itself and helping people to have their dream event happen on the property. We also rented some gorgeous vintage pieces from Liz's company, Vintage for the Day, for the wedding and could not have loved them more. Liz also offers custom vintage designs that are stunning. Liz and Renee were a pleasure to work with and truly care about the events they host at Kuhs. We highly recommend this venue

Best day of our lives...

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Beth B

When my fiance and I visited Kuhs for the first time, we knew we wanted to get married there. The land is beautiful and majestic, the people that own and operate the farm are real and genuine, and that beautiful land on the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers just... Read More seems to be full of love & stories. We have the most incredible, irreplaceable memories from our wedding day and truly can't imagine our "i do's" having been anywhere else. The barn was the sweetest, coziest spot for our reception and we have a seriously incredible picture of us in the sunken rock gardens there... Our friends and family LOVED the day, too. Kuhs is just a unique little gem. A one of a kind place.

Wedding of our DREAMS!

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Ashley H

I can’t begin to recommend Kuhs Estate and Farm enough. Our wedding was more beautiful, charming, and fun than I ever could have imagined. And, that just wouldn’t have been possible if we had held it anywhere else or put it together without the amazing staff and volunteers at... Read More Kuhs. To begin, the venue is stunning! We got married on the bluffs, had our cocktail hour under the giant tree, and our reception in the barn. The Barn was built more than 100 years ago, it is charming, beautiful, and was just what we wanted. It is a working farm, but everything smelled amazing - like flowers, was clean and well organized, and who gets to take pictures overlooking a river, in sunken gardens, next to a 200 year old oak, in a historical dairy barn, and with the baby animals?!?

Truly, the photos are incredible, but more importantly, the day was amazing. After our ceremony, our family and friends spent the afternoon touring the grounds, playing lawn games, and toasting craft beer among beautiful vintage treasures. Then danced the night away and chatted under the stars. It was wonderful. The contract does say that the venue can be booked on the alternative days of the weekend: for us that would have been a Friday or Sunday. Although this didn’t end up happening the weekend of our wedding, we were well aware that it was a possibility. Part of the reason we chose Kuhs because unlike other venues where you have 2 or 4 hours allocated for set up time, we had ALL day (13 hours)! It turned out to be plenty of time; my fiancé even had time to play bocce and I got to snuggle a few horses before the wedding. To make the experience easier and even better, the staff couldn't have been nicer, more accommodating, planful, and kind. The owner, Elizabeth, in particular was great! She was overly generous and always asking how she could support us in having the best day possible. The day of the wedding she was armed with a huge group of staff and volunteers to ensure everything was clean and organized. At every turn they bent over backwards to make our wedding day special and spent the better part of a year helping us plan it. They met with us at least a handful of times, each time walking us patiently through all the possibilities. They recommended great vendors and on the day of, when one didn't show up on time, rather than bother us, they went above and beyond to call them and get it straightened out on our behalf. These people live and breathe this magical place. They gave us the best day of our lives and a wedding better than we could have imagined. All our guests were in love with the experience, and many have asked to return as volunteers themselves. I would overwhelmingly recommend this place to bride's looking for a chance to have a one-of-a-kind wedding where you get to call the shots and make it your own – Great Gatsby, vintage with a modern twist, country chic - the possibilities are endless and the team at Kuhs will really help make any dream a reality. We knew what we wanted when we chose Kuhs Farm, somewhere with heart and that's exactly what we got.

Nick & Elizabeth Fichter

Hello and thank you for wanting to know more about Kuhs Estate & Farm for your special day. We are a 150 acre private estate that has been family owned and operated since 1915. Not only are we a working farm and home to animals, but we pride ourselves on being the home of some of the best memories of our clients as they have begun their new lives together with us. This is our home, our passion and it is our great joy to share it with you and your guests, on what should be one of the best days of your lives. We are Nick and Elizabeth, and we can't wait to meet you!!!