Cuisine

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

Island of Oahu (808) 391-8186

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Caroline Y

Chef Ed was amazing to work with! I had my destination wedding on Oahu and was so happy to have Kuoha Culinary. Very responsive (which is nice considering I was planning everything from AZ). Flexible and easy to work with. Showed up on time and was professional. And the food was... Read More absolutely amazing (if I could give it 10 stars I would!!!!!) - we can't stop talking about how good it was!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Gita Anindita A

Jon and I would never forget how GOOD our wedding reception dinner was! Chef Ed and his team definitely did a remarkable job -- not only on our wedding day but even before the big day by always responding to our emails / messages promptly. On our wedding day the team showed up... Read More on time, helped set up the tables (we did not expect this at all but were so thankful for this!) and with no doubt provide us and the guests with amazing food. We had the most delicious Ahi Tataki, Pulehu Chicken and Fresh Catch en Papillote that day! Again, mahalo Kuoha Culinary!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Lindsey L

My Husband & I are very thankful to Chef Ed Kuoha for his mastery in fine dining & cuisine. At all moments, he was an absolute professional, preparing a very special menu for our wedding at Kualoa Ranch's Mooli'i Garden on the island of O'ahu. Chef Ed first came to our apartment... Read More home in Waikiki & prepared for us a most delightful meal right before our very eyes. George & I had a great time getting to know him, learning about he has evolved in his craft, and how he came to start his own business as a Private Chef. Working with us to design a most excellent menu, Chef Ed & his team cooked up the most amazing meal for our Wedding guests, with choice of Filet Mignon & fresh Salmon. Everything was made to perfection, and each bite was an absolute joy. It was very nice to get to meet his family at the ceremony, as they were all helping to produce the most amazing experience in fine dining this side of the Pacific. His wife was so lovely, mastering the perfect pour for our celebratory champagne cheers! Much love, eternal thanks & Mahalo to Chef Ed for creating the most wonderful meal we could have ever imagined. Our guests will forever savor the sights, sounds, and tastes of Hawai'i when they think back on our Wedding. Aloha!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 John M

Chef Ed was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. From mashing up a custom menu based on budget and imagination, to catering to our last minute add-ons, Chef Ed was as professional and accomadating as they come. As for the food, amazing would be an understatement. It... Read More was soooooooo good. Everyone was raving about it. Chef Ed is able to work with your budget and cater to your imagination to give you a culinary experience to remember.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Chris C

If you are looking for a caterer, your search has ended. Call Chef Ed immediately and pray that he can fit you into his busy schedule. My wife and I were so very blessed to have Ed cater our wedding reception. We had a number of requests such as vegan options and kid-friendly... Read More foods that had stumped other catering services. Not so with Ed. He created the most amazing menu for us that had everyone at the reception smiling. A number of the vegans commented that it was the best meal they had ever eaten. Even our picky Chinese family and guests said it was the best food they had ever eaten at a wedding. Aside from the food, Ed was a pleasure to work with. He conveyed the true meaning of Aloha with his easy going demeanor and willingness to accommodate our sometimes crazy requests. We can't wait to have another excuse for him to cook for us! As I was typing this, my wife looked over and saw that I was doing a review for Ed. Her comment, "I"m so glad we got Ed!" If you are lucky enough to book Kuoha Culinary, you'll be glad you did, too.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Casaundra C

The food and service was absolutely amazing!!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Natalie T

Chef Ed responded very quickly to my inquiry for catering my destination wedding in Honolulu. I looked at other vendors and recognized that many of the local catering menus offered food traditionally served on the island. The customization Chef Ed allowed appealed to me.... Read More Although my then fiancé and I would be okay with traditional island fare, the 16 or so friends and family members attending our wedding from Louisiana would not be as open. Chef Ed allowed for menu customization based on cost per person. I wanted beef short ribs and corn with miso butter based on the reviews I read on other sites. Chef Ed suggested roasted pork and garlic cream mashed potatoes as additional options that would fit in my budget. I also had a salad to offset all the carbs. On my big day, Chef Ed arrived exactly as arranged and set up everything in the penthouse suite we rented. We did his "drop off" catering, and he provided everything needed. There were nice little touches like cards describing each item and the more formal looking disposable plates and utensils. The food was absolutely epic!! All our guests commented on how good everything was. To people from the New Orleans area, where food and flavor is a big part of our culture, making such an impression is a really hard thing to do. We had plenty of food left over as we ordered for 20 guests and some were children. I am sure the food could have served 20 men well. We invited our guests to come back for lunch the next day. Believe me, we had takers for our offer. The food was just as good reheated. My husband and I commented how we wished we could take Chef Ed home with us for more of his cooking. The whole process was easy. I did not have a wedding coordinator, so easy was key for me. I was able to put down a deposit and make two other payments which helped make it more affordable. You need to have Chef Ed and Kuoha Culinary in your life or you will be missing out. Take it from a New Orleans girl, you will be thanking me later.

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Lindsey G

Chef Ed and his team were absolutely amazing! What wonderful, wonderful people. Our's was a destination wedding so we were putting a lot of blind faith into our vendors and venues. Chef Ed knocked it out of the park. We had a few guests (and myself) that had some dietary... Read More restrictions and Chef Ed was MORE than accommodating. He made sure they were able to eat most courses and ensured their meals were perfect. We had a plated dinner preceded by a few wonderful courses (appetizers, amuse bouche, salad) and the plating was beautiful. He wowed my guests and everyone raved about how everything tasted. On top of the marvelous meals, Chef Ed proved to be a pro. He was very responsive and extremely curteous. He put my groom and I at ease about our dinner. We'd do more than just recommend Chef Ed and his team, we'd come again and again. Thanks to him! Xo

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Emily M

Chef Ed took such good care of us throughout this whole process. Not only did he and his team produce a creatively delicious menu (guests still haven't stopped talking about the Kabayaki Bacon appetizer), but Ed was always willing to take questions, offer advice, and help us... Read More come up with cost effective solutions. His personal touch was a huge blessing, and he handled our 70-person event with ease. Everything ran smoothly 0n the wedding day, we all had a great time, and I wish I had a chance to enjoy that meal all over again. Thank you Kuoha Culinary!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Tony E

My wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary and wedding ceremony (10 years late) at a beautiful beach home in the North Shore. We had about 30 friends and family join us for our special event and we thought they wouldn't be too happy if we didn't feed them great food :) We... Read More found Chef Ed on Yelp, kind of last minute, and after reading all of the reviews we felt comfortable enough to contact him. My wife emailed and he replied very quickly. During the entire planning process, he was very helpful with recommendations, always replied quickly and with such a great attitude that we were very comfortable that we made the right decision. He also arranged for outdoor tables and chairs (which were delivered the day of the event), utensils, etc, as well as putting us in touch with a DJ (DJ Roman, also awesome). He showed up to our beach rental on time and started making recommendations for table placement, DJ location, food line, etc. Basically we didn't have to do much at all. As far as the food? We read a lot of great reviews on his food. Let's just say it was delicious...everyone kept saying how great the food was, and they ate a lot so that's always a good sign (especially loved the slow cooked baby back ribs and corn with truffle miso butter). There was enough food that we were still eating it a couple days later. Chef Ed and Chef Daniel were so cool...very nice to us and our guests, very easy going and never made us feel bad for being so last minute and making so many changes to the menu. Chef Ed was also kind enough to give a Hawaiian toast to us, which everyone really enjoyed. It really felt like he was a friend that just happened to be a great cook and party organizer. If it sounds like we were completely satisfied with Chef Ed's services, we were. I can't think of one negative thing during this entire process, and we all had so much fun on our special day. We 110% recommend Chef Ed for your event!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Cara S

Having Chef Ed cater our small wedding was one of the best choices we’ve made. When our original caterer choice fell through (poor communication and lacking attention to detail) with only a few months out from our big day we panicked. We didn’t have a wedding planner and had to... Read More find all our vendors on our own. After sending inquiries to several catering companies we decided on Chef Ed because of the amazing communication. When I first inquired on Yelp he responded within minutes! Throughout the whole process he worked closely with me via email to achieve exactly what we wanted. On our wedding day Chef Ed went above and beyond our expectations of a caterer. First of all the food was amazing! We had guests from the islands as well as Texas and all of them loved the food! Chef Ed took care of all my guests AND my other vendors as well. He took initiative and helped us out with so much more than was expected. Not having a wedding planner and only having my mother to help organize things we appreciated all of his help. Chef Ed was a blessing to us on our big day and we will always recommend him!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016

When our wedding planner fell through at the last moment, we had to start planning from scratch. One of the biggest details was finding someone to cater our intimate reception. When I read Chef Ed's profile on yelp, I was hopeful. I have to say that all my expectations were... Read More far exceeded, from my first email with Chef Ed to the moment he drove away. He stated that he wanted to get into the mindset of the client. With one email, this guy had calmed my fears about my food allergy. Chef Ed did all his research about the allergy, and I learned a thing or two about this allergy that I have been living with my whole life. That was the start of an experience that was extremely awesome. These words seem over the top – but Chef Ed is truly top notch. He created a 7 course meal that burst with flavor from beginning to end. It is truly impressive when a chef can create something amazing using a food that I never liked before. Chef Ed did that with one of the courses. Chef Ed says he is all about getting the wow from his clients. His service, his food, his presentation, his flavors, his attention to detail, and overall experience got a big WOW from my new husband and I. He stayed in our budget and created a dining experience we will always remember.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016

Amazing food, great service, 5 Star all the way! Ed and his crew made our beachfront wedding reception magical!