Dance, Pop

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Rentals + Equipment

PO Box 3738, Lihue, HI (808) 245-7860

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Lauren M

After hours of research to find the best wedding DJ/MC on Kauai, I was lucky enough to come across Kustom Sounds Kauai. Hiring their team was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! Having people on the dance floor was a top priority for me and Kustom Sounds Kauai... Read More made that happen with ease. I had the unique experience of being a wedding planner professionally for several years and THEN being a bride. I knew I needed to find someone that was professional, responsive, easy to talk to and reasonably priced. From our very first email correspondence I knew KSK was a strong contender. Once we had a chance to meet Mike in person we were absolutely sold! It seemed like every scattered word coming out of my bride brain (it's a real thing..) was seamlessly coming together through his notes. In the weeks leading up to the wedding they made us feel very at ease. They have detailed forms to collect the information and bada bing bada BOOM! They arrived on the wedding day with a contagious smile and great energy. We had requested several different genres to capture our love of music and they nailed it. I wish dancing could have gone on all night! Everyone always asks... what was your favorite part of the wedding and for us it would be our private date on a balcony overlooking the guests at reception. It gave us a chance to take it all in while listening to great music. One song came on and it hit a real sweet spot for us both, we both became overwhelmed with emotion from the memories that came flooding through. We never requested the song but it seemed like KSK knew our preferences so well that they read our minds. It was absolutely perfect and we will never forget it. They book up quickly so if you are looking for an AWESOME DJ and MC, you've found it with Kustom Sounds Kauai. Thank you guys for being so terrific and making our wedding vision come to life!!

Awesome DJ

Reviewed on 12/06/2014 Mary M

Kustom Sounds Kauai was very easy to work with, specifically worked with Mike, who was our DJ. Our wedding was a destination wedding so communication was via email and conference calls. Mike was so helpful with our ceremony and cocktail hour music. Then, he let the party really... Read More start at the reception. We had a good range of ages at our wedding but everyone was on the dance floor; we all still wanted to keep dancing. He was an entertaining DJ and would highly recommend him! Also, purchase the up-lighting Kustom Sounds offers - it will really make your reception room look nice.

Bride

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Debbie B

My DJ was awesome! So much fun and really got the crowd out there and had a lot of fun ideas for some things. The garter toss was different and fun. We booked him for 4 hours.

DJs

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Mackenzie L

great

Perfect!

Reviewed on 3/18/2014 Blossom T

Mike did a wonderful job as the DJ/MC. He played all the music we asked for and was great in moving the wedding along. Everything he did was perfect and made it a memorable night. I highly recommend them!

Perfect Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 Jennifer S

We used them for our July destination wedding and they exceeded my expectations! I had specific song requests & an intricate wedding entrance. They executed all my requests perfectly and got all of our guests on the dance floor!

FABULOUS!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Debbie H

Our DJ (Cameron) was GREAT! He played all the music we requested plus did an awesome job moving the evening along from one activity to the next!! We only wish that the night could have been longer and we could have danced more!

Excellent DJ

Reviewed on 7/15/2012 Eva B

My guests and I all enjoyed the program and music.

Awesome DJ with great energy

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Amy Love B

Donovan of Kustom Sounds Kauai was the DJ/MC at our recent wedding reception. He did an awesome job at keeping the party going and keeping the tempo upbeat and fun. He adhered to all of our music requests and was attentive to the music the we didn't like. He was fun and... Read More professional and I would recommend him and this company. The only disappointment I had was that he stopped the music 15 minutes early at the request of the reception venue when we had an agreement with Kustom Sounds to play until 10pm. Other than that, they have been pretty great to work with.

Dj

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Kristine V

Dj was ver friendly but he kept repeating the same song over and over for our money dance instead of the other songs we chose. During Slideshow we could barely hear the music.

Entertaining and Reliable!

Reviewed on 8/25/2011 Ashley Nalani W

We were privileged to have Mike from Kustom Sounds Kauai to provide music for our reception, equipment for our ceremony and setting up of an awesome dance floor on July 3, 2011. He was so professional from the first moment we started working with him. He was organized and sent... Read More us a detailed memo that we could fill out and let him know exactly what we wanted and what we didn't want. Even if you're unsure of your needs, his website has a huge list of songs and helpful ideas to get the ball rollin'. He wanted to get to know us as a couple and after that he stayed in excellent communication. The more he knows of you the better he can do his job. When all the craziness of the wedding ensued he was focused on meeting our needs and ensuring we all had a great time. He was so quick and did some really awesome impromptu things during the reception, we didn't even have to ask, he just knew. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs anything regarding entertainment on Kauai.

We danced the night away!

Reviewed on 7/22/2011 Nicole F

Even after little communication with our DJ via phone and mostly through email due to my fiance and my hectice pre-wedding schedule, Donovan of Kustom Sounds Kauai brought our recpetion to life! He kept the night flowing from cake cutting, speeches, first dances, bouquet toss,... Read More and just fun! My husband and I did not know there would be lighting or bubbles involved in the DJ set-up, but it made it fun! There were probably only 2 songs where the dance floor wasn't packed! We danced and laughed and had the best time with our family and bridal party. We were so impressed by Kustom Sounds Kauai and how they felt like part of our family by the end of the night! Our wedding vendor recommended them as the company they typically use, and we are so glad we did! Having a DJ in general is expensive, but it was SO worth it - at first we were just going to use an iPOD with docking station, but my husband insisted we have someone to "run the show" - it took SO much stress off of us to know it was taken care of by the DJ! One thing I highly recommend NOT to skimp on! It made our day that much more fabulous!

DJ

Reviewed on 6/16/2011 Jenna Z

We had Donovan as our DJ and he did an amazing job. We had about 75 people at our wedding and everyone was dancing the entire night.

Mike was the best!

Reviewed on 10/01/2010 aimee s

Kustom Sounds Kauai was very professional from start to finish. They were available to answerall of my questions and helped with suggestions. Mike, the owner, was our DJ and did a great job. Would have given him 5 stars, but he slipped up with names of the wedding party, parents... Read More and us a couple of times...oops...

Good Music!

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Maryam S

Good DJ!!

Kustom Sounds Kauai

Reviewed on 5/30/2010 Heather R

We had Mike from Kustom Sounds Kauai DJ our wedding and he was awesome! I was a little afraid of having a DJ at first because we only had 29 guests at our wedding. I was afraid that no one would want to dance with such a short guest list. Boy was I wrong! Mike had the dance... Read More floor packed for 3 straight hours. Mike was funny, know what songs to play and made sure that everyone had a good time. The lighting was wonderful, but the bubbles were everones favorite. I would absolutely recommend this company.

Review for Kustom Sounds Kauai

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Danielle R

Kustom Sounds made things very very easy. They send out a survey before hand to get a feel for your musical tastes and wants for the wedding and a zillion pages of potential music - you can select anything ahead of time or ask for the DJ to do their own mixing. Mike was amazing... Read More at our wedding - he read the crowd extremely well and kept our guests signing and dancing well into the night! We especially loved his take on the garter toss :)