Cuisine

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

La Cuisine was great!

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Liz R

La Cuisine is an amazing family-owned catering company. The wife, Linda runs the sales side, while her husband, Larry, is the chef. He has travelled all over the country by request of famous people, hotels, and venues to cook. We couldn't have picked a better caterer for our... Read More wedding. Linda went above and beyond what your average caterer would do. She was like a wedding coordinator, who made sure everything for our reception was set up and ready. The food was fresh, full of flavor, and so juicy! Our wedding was such a success because of their incredible work!

Jessica was Great

Reviewed on 2/01/2014 Anna K

I had a difficult time finding a caterer from the sticker shock of how much it would cost. Jessica was fantastic at communicating while planning everything and did a wonderful job with all the unexpected things that came up throughout the night. The only issue we had was the... Read More the laws in Chicago changed for the liquor stuff during the year before our wedding. We had planned on supplying our own liquor to save money, but this was no longer an option. Because of the added cost of this, I was not expecting to have such high service charges and taxes as the final payment was due. This was a shock, but completely unavoidable and out of anyone's control. I would suggest to anyone planning a wedding to add about $5000 into the budget for things like this when they come up. I must say that Jessica was great at communicating and working with us when it came to the issues that came up.

Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2012 K K

La Cuisine Catering, Linda, and her staff did an amazing job with my September 2012 wedding! Linda was great to work with while planning my wedding, she was very easy to get a hold of by phone, her cell, and/or email. If Linda wasn't available her staff handle my questions with... Read More no problem and Linda was always good about getting back to me in a timely fashion.  Linda is a vibrant woman she made planning my wedding fun. Also Linda had great ideas and suggestions. On my wedding day everything that I choose and decided with my wedding was done, Linda made sure I had everything that I wanted and that I was happy with everything, which I was very happy (I changed my ceremony setup a day before my wedding and Linda handle the new setup I wanted with no problem). My venue looked awesome! The food was absolutely delicious, all my guests kept coming up to me commenting how great the food was. The wait staff was wonderful! Very organized, super efficient, they were very nice, and polite and they kept asking my guests and myself if we were good and if we needed anything. They also were great with making sure my new Husband and I got some apps and dessert they were waiting for us on our table throughout the night. They also handle our late guests in stride getting their food to them nice and hot. My new Husband and I were very happy with La Cuisine Catering and Linda. If we ever have an opportunity we will choose Linda and La Cuisine Catering again!

Utmost Professionals

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Kelsey M

The owner can be a bit aggressive for some, but she's really just a master of her trade. She knows what she's doing, knew my venue and acted as a de facto wedding planner, which was extremely helpful. My one complaint was that the food wasn't quite as good at the actual event... Read More as it was at the tasting. Don't get me wrong, it was still delicious and I know it's different cooking for a small group than it is for a big event, but I won't pretend like I wasn't just a little disappointed. Even so, one guest said this was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. And I cannot rave enough about the gorgonzola grapes. I could literally eat those for the rest of my life and never get sick of them. Delectable.

Lesson Learned. Have a lawyer review your contract.

Reviewed on 11/26/2014

If you're like me, you're getting married. And you haven't worked with a catering company before. Due to venue limitations we had only a small number of caterers to choose from, and ended up using La Cuisine. Everything was OK. Food was OK, portions were OK, service was OK.... Read More It all worked. So why the low low mark on value? 10 days before the wedding, they needed $2000 more than what we thought the total amount was going to be. After paying what we thought was everything but the tip and tax, this was unexpected. Not much left to do but go beg family for money- that was nice. So where our pricing was before, the value would have been a 4-5, but after this, I do not feel like what was presented was much value at all. $75 a head. Small basic salad. Chicken, potatoes, and 'mixed veggie'. Basic tablecloths, no chair covers.... They provided a bartender, this did not include any booze though. Have a lawyer review your contract, it could save you thousands, for usually less than a hundred bucks.

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Kelly J

La Cuisine catering was the best vendor choice I ever made for my wedding. Our consultant worked so hard to meet all my needs. She even helped with things other than the catering and suggested cute ideas for cheap centerpieces. She wanted nothing more than to please me on my... Read More wedding day. The food was amazing-there are so many options! We even had gluten-free guests and they accommodated them! They will also decorate your cake however you'd like. I'd highly recommend them for your catering needs!!