The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

For a down-home, Texas country wedding that's just a short drive from the big city life in San Antonio, host your wedding at the family-owned La Fontana Springs Event Center. Say "I do" outside, on the venue's well-manicured grounds or take your vows inside the modern banquet facility. This hilltop property offers fantastic views and has plenty of locations for wedding photos, such as the beautiful stone water fountain in front of the building or in the gardens that adorn the patio area.

Banquet Room. The 6,000-square foot space has black exposed beam ceilings, ivory walls, contemporary decor, high gloss wood floors and a built-in bar. Use the entire indoor area for your reception or set up one section for the ceremony. With the help of long, white, room-separating curtains, have a separate ceremony area with an oversized window looking toward the Texas countryside. Take the celebration through the French doors and outside onto the dark-stained wood deck that has beautiful white stone trim and ornate wall fountains. The indoor venue seats up to 250 guests.

Outdoor Space. Hold your ceremony outside on the deck or under the shade of the white gazebo. Decorated with fresh, seasonal flowers and nestled in the trees, the structure is large enough to fit the entire wedding party. If the weather permits, to-be-weds can have their entire celebration outside. Outdoor ceremonies have a maximum capacity of 250 guests and 200 for receptions.

The facility and ceremony rental fees at La Fontana Springs Event Center include a consulting service to guide you through the planning process. Choose an all-inclusive plan or use preapproved outside vendors. All-inclusive plans include:

• Full catering and bar service with professional table settings and staff in tuxedo attire
  • Wedding emcee and DJ service during bride's preparation time, guests' arrival, ceremony and reception
  • On-site coordinator on the day of the event
  • Security

All rentals are for 10 hours and allow three hours of decorating and one hour for the wedding party to prepare for the ceremony. Additional inclusions are:

• Use of the patio and patio furniture
  • Cake-cutting service
  • Spotlights for events after dark
  • Indoor decorated lighted arbor
  • Card holders
  • Floor portrait stands
  • Free parking

Smoking is only allowed in designated areas outside. Rental times are open, but all music must end by 2 a.m. Discounts are available for military personnel through the year and all weddings held in the off-season months of January, February and March.

Along with the all-inclusive packages, La Fontana Springs Event Center offers amenities for an additional fee to make your wedding a smooth memory, such as:

• An outdoor bar station
  • Centerpieces
  • Toasting glass flutes
  • Coffee service station

Enchanting our clients- one event at a time.

La Fontana Springs is a Hill Country gem set high on a hill overlooking the beautiful treed countryside. We specialize in taking the ideas and inspirations from our couples and creating one of a kind events that are meaningful and memorable with both indoor and outdoor options for upto 250 guests. It's important that each wedding is unique and special- polished, shabby chic, boho, country western- our facility is the perfect canvas to create. We have selected staff that goes to great lengths to ensure your day is full of signature details that reflect the style and aesthetic of our couples. In addition, we have a strong core of trusted vendors who are the best of the best in their specialty, however we do not have vendor restrictions- so you still have choices and flexibility.

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

27618 Natural Bridge Caverns Rd, San Antonio, TX (210) 284-3095

Reviewed on 12/21/2015

Just wanted to thank both you and Cesar for a very memorable day! You and him certainly out did yourselves and were helpful in so many ways. To this day so many people who attended our wedding rant and rave on how gorgeous and helpful everyone was! Wishing you and your family... Read More many blessing! You guys deserve it!

Review for La Fontana Springs

Reviewed on 9/05/2008 Stephanie B

The venue is absolutely beautiful! It has a cozy outside area covered in trees for shade with a gazebo for the actual ceremony. The brand new reception hall located on the grouds is beautiful as well. It has a rustic look with a high class feel.;The dance floor is not as big... Read More as we would have like. The management said 300 guest would fit comfortably but my 215 guest were a tight fit. The husband/wife duo that runs the hall was overbearing and did not listen to all my request. They would not allow my guest to eat right away which really upset the older crowd that should have eaten dinner hours ago. They didn't even let all my ushers seat my guest. I think the overall experience would have been much better if they were not there and had a more experienced staff facilitating.

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Sarah B

Nancy and Ceasar went above and beyond for my wedding. They helped me plan it in 3 short months and were on top of everything. My day was perfect and smooth, all thanks to their amazing ability to host a wedding. If I could do it over again, I would pick the same place in a... Read More heartbeat. Thanks for making my day magical! -Gabe and Sarah

November 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 12/08/2014

From the first time I met the owners, Nancy and Cesar, I knew this sweet couple would be a perfect fit to help me create a beautiful, intimate wedding for my closest friends and family. As a bride planning a wedding almost entirely on my own (families do no live locally), they... Read More immediately put me at ease and detailed all the services they could provide to take the stress off of me. Sometimes when you meet someone, you just get a feeling in your heart that they are good people...And that feeling was abundantly apparent when I met them. All the planning was very smooth. Each time I met with either of them to plan the next phase of the ceremony/reception, I had a list of questions on how to proceed, and each time I left with such a feeling of relief of a burden being lifted. They have done so many weddings, they literally had a solution/option for every scenario I presented before them. On the day of the wedding, there were large thunder/rain/hail storms in the area, and the ceremony was moved inside. Everything was beautifully arranged, just as promised. The ceremony went smoothly, and the staff kept us on schedule for our sparkler send-off, despite the looming weather. Several times throughout the night, the staff would ask me if there was anything that I needed or if something needed to be done to make the night better. Everyone was very attentive. My friends and family couldn't stop taking about how beautiful the ceremony and reception were. Compliments were a plenty!! I would recommend this venue to anyone for any event. Thanks to them, I have a wedding day full of happy memories, not of disastrous problems and dilemmas. My new hubby and I are eternally grateful for a once in a lifetime experience. K&B

Beautiful with issues

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Sherieta B

Overall good experience. Great views and surroundings, which was the main attraction for booking this venue. 2 main problems- They booked another wedding reception at the same time (in an adjacent building) despite telling us they wouldn't book other events on the same day... Read More (much less at the very same time!) Place is owned and managed by a married couple. They apparently (as also reported by other vendors and bridal attendants) were not focussed on our wedding as they should have been. Venue praises themselves with "day of coordinator" and yet they were not very focussed on coordinating. I was interrupted in the dressing room to speak with the d.j. The "coordinators" almost missed passing out drinks for the toast and missed the cue to cut the cake. The place is beautiful, the people are nice, and the price is ok, but buyer beware, get as much of their promises in writing as you can.

The Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Megan B

We were married at La Fontana Springs October 2014. The venue is beautiful. The reception area has a lot of space, is well decorated, and has a large window with a spectacular view where it seemed you could see out for miles. The ceremony space outside is perfect with... Read More beautiful landscaping and an gazebo that gave way for a romantic and seemingly intimate ceremony. While the beauty of the venue would have been enough to allow us to make our decision to have our wedding there, the real selling point for us were the owners, Cesar and Nancy Trevino. They seemed to know the wedding business extremely well, but it was very apparent that it was more than just a business for them, they have a passion for what they do. It was clear that what we wanted was important. They didn’t only help to throw a good wedding, they helped to give us the wedding of our dreams. They were there for us through every step of the process, from the initial meeting to saying goodbyes the night of the event. We immediately felt comfortable with them and felt that they cared for our day, and put the time, thought, and effort into it as if it were someone from their own family getting married. Every phone call and email was answered immediately, and any concerns we had were alleviated. Both Cesar and Nancy recommended anything they could to assist in the planning, and did whatever they could to keep the cost down. They took care of the entire set up on the wedding day, and it was stunning. They allowed us to use their beautiful centerpieces, and Nancy (being as creative as she is) even took some of the organza chair sashes that were included in our linens package and used them to decorate our ceremony space, allowing us to keep to a budget and still have our event look like we spent so much more than we actually had to. They were amazing on the wedding day and both were there the entire time, allowing us and our family to be able to enjoy the event rather than having to worry about all the details. To say they are amazing is truly an understatement. It is easy to see that they love what they do, and the most important thing to them at the end of the event is that their bride and groom leave, not merely satisfied, but with all their dreams and expectations met above and beyond. We were so lucky to have booked our wedding at La Fontana Springs, and would do it again in a heartbeat. We would definitely recommend this venue to anyone and everyone. -Eric & Megan Gates

Review for La Fontana Springs Event Center

Reviewed on 6/10/2009 Emily H

Played ALMOST all I requested and chose some extra to fill in.;I wanted to have 1950's croaner music for dinner. They found only 5 songs and repeated them. One of them was the song that is used as 'Married with Children''s theme song.

Celia Taylor

I love being able to help couples realize the wedding of their dreams here and I can't think of anything else I would rather do as a career. My husband Stephen and I got married in 2000 and at that time we didn't have a lot of money to spend on our wedding so when brides and grooms come in- we want to be able to offer an exciting experience around the budget that makes sense for them! The idea of creating signature events that are as unique as the couples we serve is first and foremost, we utilize a lot of technology and have a step by step process to cover all the details in planning.