Big Rock Bridal Atelier - Luxury Bridal in Ohio

Big Rock Bridal Atelier is an intimate bridal boutique with a carefully curated collection of wedding gowns for the most fashion-discerning bride. Offering Vera Wang, Jenny Packham, Anna Maier, Liancarlo, Lazaro and now Monique Lhuillier, brides will not be disappointed in the selection of designer couture. By appointment. Call today to schedule yours!

Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

139 E Main Street, Columbus, OH (614) 754-8116

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Katie H

La Jeune Marie was so beautiful and the staff was so helpful. I ended up getting the first dress I tried on and cancelled my appointments at the other dress shops. I highly recommend getting your dress here!

Small Store, Big Impact

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Brooke B

My experience was just perfect. This is not a place where you will spend hours and hours pouring through gowns. This intimate boutique has a very focused exquisite edit, where you can try every shape without feeling overwhelmed. The appointments are private, and you have the... Read More entire store to shop with your friends. My meeting was just over an hour long, and i found the most beautiful dress. We celebrated with champagne, and I can't wait to see it again!

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Ellen L

Loved, loved, loved my experience at Big Rock! High end, low pressure! It was a joy shopping there and the quality of gowns offered was tremendous. If you are coming from out of town, know that Big Rock is in the heart of Columbus' hottest spot - the Short North. Make a day... Read More of it and enjoy the area. Can't wait to wear my Big Rock gown on my big day this spring!

Beautiful experience!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Shannon B

As a bride you never know what to expect your first time shopping for a gown. Big Rock certainly didn't dissapoint. I worked with both Lisa and Lindsey and couldn't have loved them more. They were so attentive and made me feel special. They truly wanted to learn my style, what I... Read More liked and didn't like and patiently stayed after hours to find my dream dress. I would reccomend Big Rock to anyone who is looking for a high fashion gown, one on one attention and an overall amazing experience. Thank you Big Rock for a more than perfect experience.

Kind and comfortable

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Meghann J

I was so anxious to try on dresses for my wedding, I tend to be more reserved and embarrassed in front of people when it comes to trying dresses on. The owner was amazing she was so kind and genuinely interested in my style what I wanted out of my wedding. She helped me feel... Read More comfortable to try on dresses I didn't even think I wanted or liked and I easily fell in love with every one! Also for each appointment you are the only group in the store. It's an intimate setting and she can give her full attention to you. It was wonderful, even the music made me feel like it was the right place to get my dress. After I finally picked the dress she helped us celebrate with champagne. It truly felt so special and it was a wonderful moment that I'll remember. I also kept the cork from the bottle for a Christmas ornament (her wonderful recommendation) Over all only wonderful things to say about this boutique. I would and do recommend it on a regular basis to anyone looking for a special unique experience when it comes to your dress shopping and wedding planning.

The perfect bridal shopping experince!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Christine R

I made the trip from Cleveland to Columbus just to see Big Rock's collection of Jenny Packham dresses. Lisa fit my appointment in on short notice just to make sure I was in town for the designer's trunk show. I typically hate shopping and had already experienced a couple of... Read More appointments at other salons that were pushy, uncomfortable, and generally made me feel wary about the whole bridal shopping process. Big Rock was totally different. I loved that my appointment reserved the whole shop just for me and my mother. Lisa was fantastic, put no pressure on me at all, and gave me great feedback on everything I tried on. When I found one I loved, she put my hair up and picked out a veil that completed the look and made my mom cry. The champagne toast made the experience seem extra special. The whole process was an absolute joy. I can't say enough kind words about Lisa - her professionalism, her positive attitude, her helpfulness - all the best! And if you have your eye on Jenny Packham dresses, Big Rock is one of the few salons in the country to actually carry her line. I wholeheartedly recommend this bridal salon!

Amazing Dresses.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

This is the best place to buy a dress in Columbus. The gowns are exquisite!! I was driving by this shop and I noticed a dress I loved. I called the next day and made an appointment. The dress was more beautiful on than the window display. I just knew this was my dress. The... Read More service at Big Rock is phenomenal as well. My appointment with Lisa was great. She was very helpful and not pushy. I took my time and never felt rushed. If I ever was married a second time I would definitely come back to Big Rock ;)

Truly Special Experience!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Brooke T

If you want to have a truly unique and special experience then Big Rock is the place to go! The shop was only open for me so I got wonderful individual attention and my stylist was so patient and helpful through the whole experience. Once I finally made my decision we popped... Read More champagne to celebrate! And even through the process of choosing a veil, alterations etc they have been great. Highly highly highly recommend!

Obsessed!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Allison Q

I had looked far and wide and for a long time for the perfect bridal gown; Beverly Hills, San Diego, and numerous other locations. I noticed a beautiful display in the window at Big Rock Bridal Altier in Columbus! I was pleasantly surprised when I went to my bridal appointment... Read More to try on gowns! The service was impeccable and the selection was well rounded and gorgeous! I happily purchased the perfect Vera Wang dream dress there! Thank you to Big Rock Bridal Altier and Lisa for making me so happy!

Perfect Bridal Moment

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Ellie S

I had just gotten engaged less than 2 weeks ago when I was in town for my friend's wedding. Because my mom and my sister and I all live in different cities, my sister thought it would be good to just go and look while we were all together. I cannot describe how perfect our... Read More appointment was. We came just to look and get ideas but we all ended up falling in love with a dress. She handled the dynamics of our trio perfectly and helped everyone reach the same conclusion together. We couldn't commit to it that day and decided to look at one other place the next day. Lisa was so understanding of the process that she called the other boutique to tell them the styles we had liked. It turns out that once I started trying on other dresses I was sure the one I found at Big Rock was "THE" dress. We called her from the other bridal salon and she met us at the store so that we could purchase my dress and I could get fitted. I've now been engaged for almost 3 months and my time at Big Rock has been my favorite part of my engagement and planning process. The quality of the gowns and selection at Bick Rock is unmatched as is the service and experience. I cannot say enough!

Incredible Store!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Chelsey D

I had my first appointment with my two roommates just to look around. I had been to a few different boutiques, and found some gowns I liked, but nothing I was in love with. You are given your own appointment- and by that I mean you are the only people in the store with the... Read More consultant, which is really special. I found a dress I really liked, but wanting my parents' approval, I decided to make another appointment. The saleswoman, Lisa, was incredibly helpful and understanding of my schedule. I ended up purchasing a similar, but different dress when my parents came with me to the next appointment. I also was given a delish glass of champagne when I made my decision :) Later, when I returned to choose a veil and jewelry, Lisa made the suggestion to go to their sister store (also in Columbus) to take advantage of an awesome trunk show with designer Debra Moreland. Since all of the gowns in this store are high-end designers, I wouldn't suggest going unless you have a pretty big budget. I couldn't be happier with my dress and with the customer service, but it's not cheap!

2014-09-05T11:06:12 Response from the vendor

Ahh, thank you so much for the sweet review! We had such a wonderful time working with you and your family. Can't wait for your dress and accessories to come in!!! :)

Pretty!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Lauren H

My dress was pretty.

Not great

Reviewed on 5/06/2013 Juliet F

The ambience at Big Rock Little Rooster is awesome, and they have some beautiful dresses there, although their gowns are extremely expensive. I purchased my gown at one of their sample sales, and with the dim lighting in the store, I did not see anything wrong with the dress,... Read More and of course they didn't point anything out. When I took the dress to be fitted, the tailor pointed out that the color on the front of the dress was significantly different than the back! This could only be noticed in good light while looking at the dress from the side, which is why I didn't notice it in the store. In the end, it turned out beautiful after my tailor and I completely customized it, however I was very disappointed in the ladies at Big Rock for clearly hiding this from me. If I were doing it again I would absolutely NOT buy my dress from there.

Best Wedding Dress Experience!

Reviewed on 8/13/2012 Caitlin M

Made an appointment right after I got engaged. Booked up for the next month, so call early! Private store experience, amazing dresses to choose from! Champagne when you buy!

Kristen is amazing

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Laurie G

I contacted Big Rock Little Rooster to find accessories to go with my wedding dress. Kristen was one of the best people I worked with during the wedding planning proces! She was great at working with me to understand what I wanted and worked with the dress and overall event.... Read More She was very professional, experienced and friendly. I would recommend her to anyone.

Amazing

Reviewed on 6/11/2012 Whitney K

Kristin was so helpful and nice during the whole process. The experience of trying it on was really fun--the shop is closed for you exclusively, so her full attention was on helping me. She took into consideration what I said I wanted but had me try on a variety just to be... Read More sure. I got my dress, bridesmaids dresses, and all my accessories, and she was so helpful with picking them all out. Highly recommended!

Big Rock

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 Michelle M

Love love loved my dress from Big Rock! Absolutely wonderful staff and just a great time picking out my wedding dress!

Great selection of designer dresses

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Lauren K

seriously- every girls dream dress shop!

awesome experience

Reviewed on 9/19/2011 Annie A

I did not get my wedding gown here. I shopped somewhere else first and fell in love with a gown there. However, I did go to BRLR for accessories shopping. I absolutely love this shop!! It is so cute and funky. Kristin and Colleen are awesome!! They helped me pick out and... Read More custom order my headpiece and jewelry. It was such a fun and exciting experience!

Second Dress? Yes Please!

Reviewed on 7/29/2011 Beth K

Up front I need to say that I didn't buy my dress here. In the end it came down to timing and "THE ONE" was a designer they didn't carry all the time. However this is where I did my shopping so it's only fair that I give them a shout-out for all the help they gave me. I... Read More loved this store. It was everything wedding dress shopping should be - relaxed and fun atmosphere; helpful, low-pressure staff; and amazing designer gowns. (plus they let you take pictures so you can get a second opinion if need be ) Also they are very up front about cost. Most of their dresses start at around $2,000 but with enough time and $$ they are a great resource for Columbus brides. ( They schedule lots of trunk shows and other events which gives them amazing selection for such a small store, but it also means their selection is constantly changing and you may have to go back more than once to find what you are looking for)

Loved this cute shop!

Reviewed on 7/11/2011 Hannah E

My husband and I planned a trip from California back to Columbus for a football game. I had some ideas of what I wanted for my rehearsal dinner dress and found one by a designer that I knew had quality designs. I called a few shops here in California and was met with horrible... Read More customer service and demanding sales consultants. I never even went in to one of their shops. When I called Big Rock, Kristen answered with pep in her voice and was so helpful. She borrowed a few designs for me to see when I visited and I chose one within an hour. She was such a delight to work with! Having worked in the demanding bridal industry myself for 5 years prior, I knew what a gem she was. She shipped the dress to me when it was ready and I had my own seamstress tailor it for me. I would recommend this shop to anyone, even those not in the area. The customer service and experience in their adorably decorated shop is beyond worth it!

The Perfect Bridal Gown Experience

Reviewed on 7/04/2011 Kate L

After I spoke to Kristin on the phone to make my appointment, I knew my shopping experience was going to be great. She seemed to "get" me and my style. My shopping party--my mother, and two bridesmaids--had been to one chain bridal store already when we turned up at Big Rock.... Read More However, as soon as we stepped into Big Rock and realized we were the only group in the store for the full appointment (they actually locked the door to the store), we knew this would be different. Kristin and her team were absolutely wonderful with me. They let us pick and choose some dresses and she pulled some for me as well. Never before had I felt so beautiful as in her gowns. As soon as a put my dress on, I knew it was the one. I didn't feel rushed or pushed to make a decision--it easy. Tears started flowing and the champagne bottles started popping. It was the best and most stress-free choice I've made for my wedding and I have Kristin and Big Rock to thank for that. I'm so happy they are a part of my wedding! I plan to tell all my friends who are getting married to go to Big Rock!

The Royal Treatment

Reviewed on 6/30/2011 Sarah R

My stopping at BGLR was a total fluke but probably the biggest and best “look around” I have ever done. I randomly stopped in one day when I was by myself looking around at dresses at other places (Wendy’s, Girls in White Dresses) and had just swung by. Mallory (an employee) was... Read More there and she was the initial person to help me out there. She was so sweet and caring and really took the time to help me find “my dress”. I came back a few weeks later with my mom and my FMIL and there were other girls there who helped me out, but Kristen, the owner, was the one who sealed the deal for me. She made me feel like a princess, trying on different sashes, jewelry, veils and everything. When I finally purchased my dress, the girls pulled out a bottle of bubbly for me, my mom, and my MIL to celebrate. They made me feel like I was the only girl there and that I was their number one client.

The Owner Rocks!

Reviewed on 5/02/2011 Amber R

First off, I want to say that she sells designer dresses. They can be expensive (depending on your budget and definition of expensive). After hearing my budget, Kristin (the owner) said she would love my business and mentioned how I could purchase a dress there (possibly buy a... Read More sample, etc.). But, she knew that not every bride is ok with buying a dress that many people have tried on. She also did not try to "trick" me into buying a dress that was out of my budget like another store did. So, she actually gave me recommendations of other places I should look for a dress. This shocked me since, this meant she may loosing a potential customer. It has done the complete opposite. She took time with me over the phone to discuss where to look, what to look for and even said she would schedule time for me to come in and look at accessories. I believe she truly wants every bride to feel special on her day. If you can afford it (or even if you can't), I HIGHLY recommend going to Big Rock Little Rooster. Not only do they have AMAZING wedding gowns and accessories, but they have the absolute BEST customer service. Unfortunately, I can't afford a gown but I will for sure go back to the store to get some accessories from Kristin. Good luck on your wedding gown search! Kristin will be an asset to your wedding regardless of what you purchase or where. She has become my "go-to" person when it comes to my wedding fashion.

Went in for just a look

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Kate B

The women of Big Rock Little Rooster, Rock. Not only did they help my hard to please mother find the perfect dress for my desination wedding, they also helped me custom create the perfect necklace and bracelet to go with my dress. Their style is clasic with a little twist of... Read More rock. You can do your one stop shoping here! The selection is very well thought out and not too large to confuse you. Scheduling an appointment with them is the best way to go. You get personalized service and they make you feel like you are their only customer. Stop by Big Rock, Little Rooster and be amazed