La Jolla Ballroom

Coral Gables, FL

Book Your Wedding with La Jolla Ballroom

A BALLROOM IN CORAL GABLES, FL

La Jolla Ballroom provides a sophisticated setting for weddings and has earned a reputation as a sought-after venue in the Miami area. Situated in the Coral Gables neighborhood, the property dates back to 1928 and has won a string of awards as a wedding destination in recent years. The venue comprises a compact ballroom space making it an ideal location for ceremonies and receptions alike. This area is a versatile wedding destination that can handle anything up to 400 guests per event. Whether you’re hosting an intimate gathering of family and close friends or something more extravagant, the timeless charm and glamor of La Jolla Ballroom will make an excellent backdrop for you to celebrate your wedding day in style.

Lined by ivy and flanked with palm trees, the grand exterior of the venue retains all of its Art Deco glory and sets a romantic tone, before giving way to the main ballroom space. High ceilings punctuated by sparkling chandeliers contrast against dark hardwood flooring, a neutral color scheme and blue lighting shooting up the walls to provide a laid-back atmosphere. Offering a bar area and dance floor space, the Ballroom is an accommodating spot that will see to all your needs throughout the wedding day.

The professional team of planners at La Jolla Ballroom have over 20 years of experience and will strive to put together a wedding day based on your specific requirements. There are many catering options available tending to most dietary needs. All alcohol is included in the catering package, as well as champagne toasts. In keeping with local licensing laws, you are not permitted to bring any food or drink into the venue. An open house bar operates for four hours during evening celebrations.

Audio equipment is provided. Although the site does not provide overnight accommodations, the staff will be happy to recommend local hotels for guests.

Set-up and clearing away are included in the fee. Smoking is only permitted outdoors within designated areas. The venue provides handicap access. Wi-Fi runs throughout the site. There is ample on-site parking. Altarpieces are included under ceremony preparations. Payments must be made in full 14 days before the event.

The wedding package at La Jolla Ballroom includes ceremony, food, alcohol, decorations, champagne toasts and cake cutting. Other benefits include:

• On-site wedding coordinator
  • Bridal preparation area
  • Use of the photobooth facility for couples and guests

A Gem in the heart of Coral Gables..

Plan your wedding or event at this beautiful landmark. La Jolla is a gem in the heart of Coral Gables. An eclectic array of elegance available for weddings, quinces, corporate & special events! With over 20 years of experience, we provide all inclusive services and off premise catering.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

301 Alcazar Ave., Coral Gables, FL (305) 460-0047

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Michelle N

Everything came out great! We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding. Everything was beautiful and just what we wanted. All the vendors are very nice and professionals. The staff and event coordinators help you make your day so special.

THE BEST!!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Izabella C

Since the first time we had a connection. They where there for me when I called or send an email. Very helpful and I am very glad I picked la jolla. Couldn't have asked for a better place for my special day. On the day of the wedding I didn't have to worry about a thing. They... Read More had everything under control and the decoration was amazing. Best place I have ever been for a venue. The food was phenomenal. Great meat and people was serving two plates. Service very professional. Thank you la jolla staff for making the day a perfect one. Everybody was delightful and impressed of the wedding!!

THEY'RE THE BEST

Reviewed on 11/22/2013 Daniela A

Best Location Best Attention Everithig Was Amazing

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Melissa F

We were really happy with how everything turned out at La Jolla. All the vendors they use are great! Dayriela was great helping us decide on our wedding package. They work with great vendors. We loved our linens, flowers, cake, and dj! The food and appetizers were delicious.... Read More Mariana and Armando were amazing helping everything come out perfect. Mariana was a sweetheart and was very accommodating. Armando was great and had everything on point! Great value for the price! The wedding was beautiful! We had lots of fun! Our guests told us that our wedding was one of the best they have ever been too! Very happy with everything!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 andrea m

This Ballroom is absolutely amazing! The manager and planners were super understanding and they exceeded my expectations. Also I loved their food, it was very delicious and they offer a lot of options even vengan! I recommend La Jolla with my eyes closed.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Katie B

AMAZING!!! Mariana and Janelle made our wedding day absolutely perfect! I could not have asked for more, everything was beautiful, ran smoothly, and they went out of their way to make sure that I didn't have to worry about anything! Mariana was awesome, she was so professional... Read More and sweet- it was like having your best friend as your wedding planner, she made me feel so calm and stress-free, she even helped me change my shoes! Lol i cannot say enough good things- i have had so many compliments on the wedding and how gorgeous the venue was! Worth every penny, and it was not outrageously priced, if i could get married again I wouldn't change a thing! THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Karina C

I am so happy that I have chosen La Jolla Ballroom they made my special day perfect!!! Everything came out as we had planned, they consented to my husband and me managing all the event very Weill and made my wedding a special day just as I dream it. All my guests loved the food... Read More and the organization of the venue. We highly recommend La Jolla Ballroom for any event!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Joely Q

Had a great experience booking La Jolla for my wedding. Marianna and Armando along with the rest of the staff went above and beyond to make my day a special one.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Kirenia M

I have no enough words to express my love to La Jolla. The staff especially Yanel and Mariana were extremely helpful and understanding to all my needs for the perfect wedding!!! We are so grateful of all their work. We had the perfect day literally. Our family and friends are... Read More still talking about it and we can get enough of our pictures and memories. I highly recommend La Jolla for any event!!!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Adriana L

La Jolla was a great experience. From the planners to the vendors they recommended everything was flawless. I never thought my wedding would be exactly as I imagined, but it was. yanell was my planner and was there the day off making sure everything flowed accordingly. I would... Read More highly recommend La Jolla and Yanell as a planner.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Krista G

They have been super helpful thought the entire process. Always available to answer any new questions that we have love this place.

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Daphney A

Thank you Mariana for all you did! The service was amazing everybody had a good time. They were very pleasant to work with! Everybody loved the reception they have a great customer service. Thank you for helping meet with my dream wedding. My brother loved you guys so much he... Read More is will be doing my niece 15s at La Jolla.

2017-03-03T10:25:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure making sure your day was perfect. We hope you consider us for other future events. We wish you lots of happiness!! Mariana M.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Jane D

They are very good the only down fall are two things THE FOOD choices & one of the vendors A TOUCH OF CLASS (Which handles the linens, tables and chairs.) They are not nice they are always in a rush and sometimes can be rude when you go in person. Every other vendor didn't have... Read More a problem what so ever all of them did a great job. Everybody had a fun time at La Jolla BUT about the food they give you very little selections and the chicken was hard and had a lot of fat and the bacon wasn't cooked right.

2017-03-02T14:04:22 Response from the vendor

Good afternoon.We are really surprised with your review. We give every one of our clients a special treatment and make sure their wedding day is special and perfect in every sense. A Touch of Class is one of our vendors and if they where rude... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Ana F

LaJolla was great in the planning of my reception. Mariana and Armando were excellent and very attentive to myself and my groom. Thank you to all the vendors and people who helped in the planning of my wedding reception.

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Joana F

La Jolla Ballroom is the best venue for any event. The location is very convenient with parking for all your guests. Daniela and the rest of the staff were very helpful and planned everything to the last detail. The day of the wedding , Daniela personally ensure that the... Read More everything ran smoothly so I could enjoy the evening. I will definitely recommend La Jolla Ballroom to anyone, and I will definitely plan any future event with them.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Tanya M

I would like to sincerely thank the entire staff and my wedding planner Daniela for a fabulous wedding day!!! My special day was truly everything I imagined and more. I am exceptionally impressed with the well-coordinated ease of my entire wedding day. My husband and I had the... Read More time of our lives, as did my guests who also raved about the wonderful and exciting time they had at our wedding. I had both my wedding ceremony and reception at La Jolla and can say they absolutely delivered professionalism. Kudos to Ricky Morales who designed my wedding bouquet and flowers for the venue. They were absolutely gorgeous!! My wedding cake by their recommended vendor Cynthia was absolutely delicious; red velvet and chocolate. Yummy! DJ Duni was an excellent DJ and did a great job playing all of my favorite times throughout the night and kept everyone dancing on their feet! Our customized “La Hora Loca” carnival of Brazilian dancers was the best entertainment which kept me and the guests extremely entertain!!! The food was delicious and very flavorful and the servers were attentive and professional. I would highly recommend this venue for any special event as they truly delivered class and elegance. A+ Thank you. Mrs. Pawlowski

2016-12-01T10:45:26 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure having such a lovely bride like you! Kind regards, Daniela Z.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016

La Jolla is a hidden gem in the heart of Coral Gables. The staff in la Jolla were professional and courteous. They also made us feel like family, especially being "Los Consentidos de La Jolla". The spoiled rotten ones in terms of endearment. The ballroom was exactly what we... Read More were looking for our wedding celebration as it was not a traditional one. We met our Wedding Planner- Daniela; who embraced our commitment and showed great knowledge and support. Right away, she made us feel at home. Through the process, we met some great vendors and not so great vendors provided by La Jolla. The vendors we chose were AMAZING!!! Needless to say, they made our whole experience easy and enjoyable. The day of our wedding is one Richard and I will remember for the rest of our lives. Although nervous about how things were going to turn out, La Jolla and staff made our dreams come true. La Jolla made us feel like kings with their expertise in carrying out such big event. They showed compassion and charisma to us and all of our guests. Their professionalism was exhibited through in the ballroom the whole night. They were even accommodating to our pup knowing how important was the presence of our furry child (yes, with some restrictions). Overall, this was an unforgettable experience made in "heaven." Thank you La Jolla. We will be forever grateful!! Thank you Daniela for your wonderful hospitality.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Christina A

We just had our wedding reception at La Jolla on 10/15/16. We are so happy that we chose this venue. The all inclusive package was amazing and very reasonably priced for the Coral Gables area. Maria Belen and Daniela provided me help and support the entire 10 months of wedding... Read More planning. The location, the food, to the open bar, vendors included in the package, and customer service, La Jolla is top notch quality venue!! I'd recommend this venue to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 luis m

I did my Wedding at LA JOLLA this past summer, and I am so glad I did! From the beginning they made me feel like family and I knew that my event was in good hands. For me and my girlfriend it was important that they included all and La Jolla did the ballroom was beautiful... Read More (spacious and extremely clean) the food was delicious on the day of the event and they took excellent care of my 200 guests. I would highly recommend this location for your next event! Thank You Rosario for a great service you and your staff did a great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Jose Antonio Z

La Jolla is a great place to have your wedding. The all-inclusive way, is the way to go. We didn’t have to go shopping around for flowers, liquor, catering, DJ, cake or decoration. They provide all the service and do an amazing job at it. The flowers and centerpieces were... Read More amazingly decorated, DJ Dunni (the house DJ) kept the party going all night long, and the cake was spectacular. The food can be improved but for us it was all about the party. Daniela, who is La Jollas’s wedding planner, is the best!!! She is sweet, knowledgeable, understanding, took care of us during the whole time before and after the party, and was able to advise us in every little detail. Overall, we recommend it 100%

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Elisabeth E

La Jolla was the perfect venue for a beautiful 90th birthday party for my grandfather. This party was just as special to me, if not more special, than my wedding. Maria and her staff listened to my vision and helped execute it beautifully. More importantly, Maria came to... Read More understand the special significance that this event had for me and she made sure every detail was in place as I requested, and even surprised me with a few details of her own that blended in perfectly. I worked with all of La Jolla's vendors, except their florist. Despite the fact that I had purchased a package that included flowers, Maria was able to fairly accommodate my request to work with my own florist. The vendors I did work with were all wonderful, especially the cake bakery and the DJ. On the day of the event every last detail was in its place, either ahead of schedule or on time because of the team effort of the entire staff. Maria attended and managed the event with the assistance of Armando who is the manager of the event staff including caterers, bartenders, servers, etc. Armando was extremely pleasant, serviceable, and accommodating, and made the party a truly wonderful experience. If food is the detail that is important to you, then you must know that La Jolla's chef's / cooks / caterers are second to none! The food was delicious and let's be honest, for catered food, that was a huge surprise. I definitely expected the food to be good, but it was excellent! Not your typical catered bland wedding food at all. My 90 year old guest of honor grandfather who is a self-proclaimed tough to please food critic (and does not have much of an appetite to begin with) absolutely loved the food! He ate so well at his party and thoroughly enjoyed every detail of his special day. I could not have asked for a better day. La Jolla is a beautiful venue, both charming and elegant, fully equipped with a first class event staff who will help turn your vision into reality.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016

We could not have chosen a better venue to host the reception of our wedding. From the personalized service to the exquisite food everything was perfect. Maria Belen is an amazing, patient, and dedicated planner that will assist you from day 1 at La Jolla Ballrooms. All of the... Read More staff: bartenders, servers, DJ can deliver five star service through professionalism and commitment. They make each guest feel special despite of their age. I am a very organized person that has a hard time letting go, but I trusted Maria Belen and her abilities and she delivered the wedding of my dreams. Every time you call even if is multiple times a day she is always patient, always kind, and always willing to help. Maria Belen will never tell you NO for an answer she will make it happen. My husband and I picked this venue for its proximity to the church we got married in, for its hardwood flooring (I dislike banquet space with carpet), its service since before we signed the contract, its beautiful exterior facade, and its modern floor plan. If you are looking for a wedding venue in Miami and want five star personalized service give Maria Belen a call, she will help you every step of the way and you will never feel overwhelmed!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Lorena P

In love with La Jolla Ballroom since I entered here the first time My wedding was July 2 of 2016 and all the planning was perfect My Wedding Planer was Daniela and she was the best All the vendors since the florist to the cake and Dj Also the food was delicious all my west were... Read More extremely happy, The day of the Wedding it was more than I expected am really thankful for all La Jolla staff they really are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Mavy R

I could not think of any other vendor that covers everything and makes your wedding day a dream come true! The staff and service was amazing and attentive during the wedding planning process and especially our wedding day! The food was amazing, the cake vendor was great, the DJ... Read More was so much fun and really worked with us to customize our reception. The florist absolutely made my vision come alive and took it up a couple of notches, he works wonders! Maria Belen, our day of planner and my go-to person throughout the planning process went above and beyond to answer any questions I had, help with any issues or requests and just made the whole process easier from how reliable and reassuring she was! I loved La Jolla and their professionalism.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Mafe Z

My experience at la Jolla was AMAZING! The staff and their vendors went above and beyond to ensure that everything was better than perfect on my special day. Especially Daniela Zapata who took care of me since day one to help me plan and coordinate my destination wedding. Thanks... Read More to Daniela and her team I was able to enjoy my wedding planning experience and have the best day of my life that surpassed my expectations. I would 100% completely recommend la jolla and Daniela for your wedding! The food, music, service, ambiance and everything in between was more than what I wished for and the guests were delighted as well! Thanks Dani - Maria F Zubillaga