LaBonne Boulangerie

Serving all of Long Island from both of our LaBonne location

La Bonne Boulangerie Long Island's Favorite Bakery

For over 35 years Labonne boulangerie and Dortoni Bakery have been providing amazing specialty cakes for: weddings, groom cakes, communions, birthdays, baby showers, anniversaries, corporate functions and much more. All our cakes are made with the highest quality ingredients!!

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

125 west broadway, Port Jefferson , NY Serving all of Long Island from both of our LaBonne location (631) 473-7900
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Erin B

My Husband and I selected LaBonne Boulangerie (Port Jefferson) to make our wedding cake as it was a preferred vendor for our venue as well as based on reviews. Our consultation for selecting our cake type/filling as well as the design was seamless and an excellent experience.... Read More The bakery was well kept, clean and had me wanting to purcahse other sweets while there! The person we met with was attentive and listened to all requests. We tried four or five different flavor combinations and did not feel rushed in making our decision. On the day of our wedding, the cake was delivered promptly, was fresh, beautiful (a replica of a picture provided) and tasted amazing. Thank you for providing an excellent expreience and a key piece to our day!

My favorite Bakery ever!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Miranda B

Always lived close to Port Jefferson and never knew this hidden secret existed. went there for a bridal cake few months back and have been going ever since. Place is amazing. Overwhelming the second you walk in with a variety of almost any traditional bakery item from black... Read More and white to cannoli to french pastry. Amazing specialty cake and always clean and fresh. Owner is always friendly and is involved with helping me everytime i need something special. They take there time to every detail. Cake tasted just as good as it looked. Highly recommend this place for everything from day to day, holidays, and even catering!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Trisha R

Everything was tasty and perfect. I loved my design.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Christine V

Our cake was delicious! We went through our venue (Giorgio's) for the cake and everything was a smooth and easy process. The cake tasting was great and they answered all of our questions. We had them do a plan design and our florist added fresh flowers so I can't speak of their... Read More design but they followed what we wanted and made it perfect. I never had to worry because they were so professional. The cake itself tasted amazing and everyone loved it! Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Alyssa S

Our wedding cake was to die for! My husband and I keep talking about how we can't wait for our anniversary so we can get a mini tier remade so we can enjoy it again. As a person who is not a huge fan of regular cake I can honestly say that LaBonne Boulangerie does it the best.... Read More The cake was amazing and the staff is so helpful. You will definitely not be disappointed if you have LaBonne make your wedding cake!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Amanda B

Wedding cake from here was great! The size was great, tasted awesome and looked really good too!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Danielle E

The cake was delicious and the service was fantastic!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Patricia J

I have never liked a wedding cake until ours! From the cake tasting to the day of the wedding I was impressed. We had vanilla cake with cookies and cream and wild berri chantilly. All of our guests loved our cake as well! Even 2 days later I'm enjoying it.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Emily L

Our wedding cake was coordinated through Fifth Season Restaurant as part of our reception package and we could not be happier that it came from LaBonne Boulangerie! We chose a small single-tier vanilla cake with vanilla frosting and fresh fruit filling. The cake was so moist and... Read More the frosting melted in your mouth! The frosting was not as sweet as a typical buttercream and I'm glad about that as it did not overpower the other flavors of the cake. The fruit inside was as fresh as could be. If you're in the Port Jeff area and looking for a cake baker, you can't top the quality of LaBonne Boulangerie!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Kristen H

Normally guests hate the wedding cake but not at our wedding! Everyone loved our cake it was sooo delicious! I would highly recommend LaBonne Boulangerie to anyone looking for a wedding cake!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Meagan

Couldn't have been happier with the quality and service. Such a beautiful, elegant cake and tasted amazing. Everyone enjoyed it and we were so incredibly happy. Thank you so very much

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Miscelleana T

Not only was La Bonne Boulangerie a beautiful location, but the mini tasting that we did was nice too. We did the very simple and basic cake, but even the basic options were delicious. We choose incredibly simple with some burlap ribbon added to the cake, but looking at the... Read More dozens of images we were shown, there were so many choices! The cake may have been simple, but it was elegant and beautiful. And it tastes amazing! Thank you La Bonne Boulangerie for a delicious and lovely wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 David G

A truly wonderful experience from start to finish. Every piece of the cake was perfectly fresh and tasted so naturally delicious. Service was very professional and I highly recommend working with La Bonne Boulangerie.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Jennifer C

Our wedding cake was both beautiful and delicious! We had a 4 tear red velvet cake with cannoli and chocolate ganache filling and our guests are still raving about how fresh and delicious our cake was. We designed our cake and it was beautiful - exactly what we were hoping it... Read More would be. Although the cake did require an extra cost (even though it was supposed to be included by the venue) I blame the venue for not explaining what was 100% included during the planning process on their end. We'll definitely be back to celebrate our future wedding anniversaries with a cake from La Bonne Boulangerie!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Michelle O

We selected La Bonne Boulangerie as one of the cake vendors from the Harbor Club. Props to their timeliness and quick response, because our fault, it was nearly one month out before the wedding and we totally forgot to set up a cake tasting and order the cake (I know, I know!).... Read More I immediately called and they had us come in that following weekend to set everything up. I really appreciated their accommodating customer service and helpfulness in what felt like a semi-urgent situation. We went to taste fillings and cake in their store, which felt a bit awkward because you did this off to the side, while the rest of the bakery filled up with customers on a busy weekend. This is not something that bothered me, but just wanted to note. We worked with Angela, who was warm, friendly and helpful in guiding us on our selection. Angela went back to speak with the owner, and then she returned to tell us that what we selected was more money. This was never mentioned while we did the tastings. She is just the messenger and a lovely woman, so I am calling out management and the owner. There should be prices provided beforehand or at least a "heads-up" during the tasting as to what may cost less or more because we then had to revisit the entire cake to determine if it was worth the money. Why they tell you afterwards is beyond me and it comes across as a tacky customer service fail. The owner came out and explained why what we selected cost more and he was willing to slightly negotiate after seeing our disappointment. As for the cake itself, we had our florist decorate it with fresh flowers, so I can't speak to the talent of their design team. As for the taste, it simply was .. just another wedding cake.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Lexi M

Delicious cake and allergy-friendly! La Bonne was able to accommodate my various needs for food allergies...myself being gluten-free and several guests with severe nut allergies. They were well-informed regarding cross contamination and able to offer GF cake at our tasting. The... Read More filling we chose (Chantilly creme with mixed berries) was fresh and held up between the layers. They were able to deliver to our venue about 30 minutes away. We also ordered mini key lime pies as part of our wedding favors and they packaged them for us in mini pie boxes and custom stickers that we supplied. We froze the extra pies and they still taste great. A little pricey, but worth it for peace of mind concerning allergy and fresh, homemade ingredients!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Kristin M

Delicious and beautiful VEGAN wedding cake! We were so happy that the price of the cake was reasonable and that the baker did such amazing work. We were eating wedding cake for days, and it was enjoyed by all. We loved it so much that 14 days after my wedding we ordered a... Read More similar cake from them for my birthday! Definitely order your cake from them.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Marissa D

We fell in love with La Bonne the second we visited the Port Jefferson location and saw all of their amazing sample cakes. Corey and his staff are so accommodating and so nice! Since I am gluten free they even made me my own tasting and really look a simple picture and turned it... Read More into a gorgeous cake. We could not be happier with our cake, our guests raved about it! I also had Corey and his team make a Notre Dame football helmet cake for my husband and it was absolute perfection. So many people have been posting pictures of it and telling us how amazing it was! We will definitely be using La Bonne in the future :)

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Wendy B

Horrible Service, Good Cake We had our wedding this past Friday and this bakery was my only vendor to drop the ball. We ordered a small bride and groom cake and cupcakes for our wedding. I told them my color scheme, and specified that I did not want any flowers or decorations... Read More on top of the cupcakes. They were also going to do a lavender ombre effect on the inside of our cake (my main wedding color). I had to follow up with the bakery numerous times leading up to the wedding and staff always seemed confused by my order. In addition, I confirmed with them numerous times the 2pm delivery time for our order. On the day of the wedding they were two hours late and refused to communicate with my event coordinator about the whereabouts of their delivery truck. My florist had to leave before decorating the cake with flowers, and they delivered a large batch of red velvet cupcakes with bright red flowers on top (not in color scheme and not discussed!!!) Our bride and groom cake was ombre shades of lavender on the outside rather than on the inside. Thankfully the cake and cupcakes were very good, but I would never recommend this bakery due to their disorganized service.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 christine b

The worst experience ever! I ordered my wedding cake OVER the counter...they didn't even take time to sit down with me (I should have known right then it wasn't going to be good) I gave them a picture, they gave me a price. When I ordered they said "fondant" was more money, BUT... Read More assured me they could create my cake with buttercream. THEY COULD NOT... it was exactly what I said I did NOT want. After the fact they said it should have been made in fondant...why was I given a price for buttercream when it should have been made in fondant and why was I told they could make it in buttercream when they clearly could not. When I called to speak with the owner he admitted he didn't even see the cake before it was delivered. He dismissed what I told him and only listened to what his part time employee told him regarding our conversation. I'm NOT a complainer...I was very clear with what I wanted and they did NOT DELIVER!!! BEWARE. When all was said and done after paying $800 for a cake for 100 people Rich Messina offered me a $100 credit or a cake top done correctly...seriously??? They couldn't make it happen on my wedding day for $800 when I have 100 guests but offer it 1 year later done as I originally asked or $100 credit after I paid $800... I DON'T THINK SO.....AVOID THIS BAKERY!!!! I wish I could give 0 stars!

wedding cake disaster

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Jessica I

I am very disappointed not only with the outside but with the lack of cake there were for my guests. I paid extra for red velvet layer so my guest would have an option however no one was able due to the fact only the top was red velvet and we wanted to keep that for our 1 year... Read More anniversary. When I talked to someone about only having 3 layers they said that was for 100 people however my wedding always had 150 people coming and should have been 4 layers as stated at the cake tasting. Maybe if the person who said they were going to text me a picture of the cake the morning of the wedding actually did we could have fixed the problem before seeing my cake at my reception and making me cry. Giorgios is an amazing venue and I expected the same quality with the vendors they suggested which is not the case. Not only are the flowers not the color I wanted, but there was no pipping in between the layers that made it look not together, thankfully the bridal attendant put pearls and flowers on the cake to make it look better. If someone gives you a picture and goes over the details with you and pays extra it should be expected to look at least a little similar to the picture and if there is a question or it is unable to be done it should be said beforehand.

Loved it!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Nicole M

We got our wedding cake from here and it was absolutely delicious! It was beautiful! The cannoli filling was to die for and the strawberry Chantilly filling was amazing as well. Everyone had nothing but great things to say about the cake! It was so fresh and well worth the money... Read More paid for! The tasting was lots of fun too! I would definitely recommend them! Thank you!

Long Island's Best

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Danielle F

This place has an amazing reputation and for good reason. Everything from the professionalism & customer service, to the quality and the ingredients used in our cake, were amazing. La Bonne Boulangerie definitely lives up to its reputation

One word, Amazing

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Mary W

My husband and I got married this month and last year at this time we had a huge list of things left to do for our wedding - including finding a wedding cake. Like almost every other couple, we had a budget that we really wanted to stick to and the budget for our cake was not... Read More very big. We shopped around and were quoted prices upwards of $1200.00 which we were not cool with. A friend had suggested the LaBonne Boulangerie but I figured with a name like that - specializing in wedding cakes - the prices were not going to fit our budget. I could not have been more wrong. We made an appointment with Corey for a consultation and tasting and went in. From the minute we met with Corey, who I believe is the owner, everything fit into place perfectly. We told him exactly what we wanted and I winced in anticipation of the price, which he tweaked to accommodate us. He was so patient, so sweet and we talked about everything from the size we wanted, to the decor, to price. I had provided Corey with a picture of the cake we wanted and I thought that if he could get it close to the picture I would be happy. Not only did he get it close to the picture, it was even better - absolute perfection. Not to be biased, but it was the best tasting wedding cake ever. The day of the wedding, they delivered the cake to the reception hall and worked things out with the caterers to make sure the cake would make it to when it was supposed to be brought out (approximately 5 hours after the reception had started). All in all, the wedding cake shoppe was so unbelievably accommodating, they worked on their prices with us and the service was nothing short of amazing. If that doesn't do it for you, their cakes are unbelievably moist and fluffy and delicious.

Amazing.

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

The cake looked as good as it tasted. The People at labonne were very knowledge and definitely steered me in the right direction. Very satisfied customer.