Lagniappe Brass Band

The Lagniappe Brass Band can provide a New Orleans flavor to your wedding. We can escort the wedding party in traditional New Orleans parade style from the ceremony to the reception. We can perform at the reception and also do a colorful New Orleans second-line parade through the reception. We can also march the newlyweds out of the reception at the end.

$ – Inexpensive

Instruments

Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet

Jazz

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Lauren K

The band was fabulous, most of my guests had never seen or participated in a Second Line and they all RAVED about the band. My only comment is that my brother in law was looking for them to hire them for an extra hour but they had already gone to their next gig - so not a... Read More complaint but a mark of quality that people were ready to hand them cash to keep playing!

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 charlotte m

This is a review from October 2014: I had Lagniappe Brass Band as the second line band for my anniversary party. The band itself was fine - they could have been a bit more "fun" and interacted with guests or danced while playing. I've experienced a ton of second line bands as... Read More I'm from NOLA, and they just weren't that amazing. But perhaps that's because their manager/band member Chet rubbed me the wrong way. First, he was to handle permitting with the NOLA police dept. When the permitting turned out to be more money than expected, he asked me to pay for it as an "honest and good person." Well, the extra dollars weren't my problem because he should have properly estimated the cost. THEN, and this is why I really am not pleased, I hired them for an hour and they tried to leave after 25 minutes. When I told them I had them for an hour, Chet asked, "is that in the contract?" I mean I think this guy was stoned and had no freaking clue. I would not recommend them to anyone else unless you don't deal with Chet.

2017-12-31T13:38:31 Response from the vendor

My apologies again about this. We always try to provide the best experiences for our couples, but this was a bad day for me managing. I was juggling a lot during that season and was not my best that day. I would like to offer... Read Less Read More

Meet The Manager

Chet Overall

Hi everyone! My name is Chet, the manager of the Lagniappe Brass Band. I started playing saxophone at age 14 and have loved it ever since. I started the band in 2010 and haven't looked back. I started doing parades in the French Quarter in 2011 and it has snowballed into what it is today. I think we have done over 300 parades since we started and have loved every minute of it. We are a mix of very talented musicians and guarantee #WeBringTheParty! We can't wait to be apart of your special day and hope you book us soon!