Lake Forest Country Club

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

100 Lake Forest Drive, Hudson, OH (330) 656-3800

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Mary Beth M

We actually used Lake Forest for both our ceremony and reception. It is such a breathtakingly gorgeous venue. We had our ceremony outside overlooking the lake in October when the leaves had just starting changing colors. The cocktail hour was on the patio outside too. Both were... Read More beautiful at sunset.The reception was inside and spanned several rooms. The dark wood, fireplaces, and grand staircase were what sold me on the venue initially and were stunning in pictures. I was worried about booking a country club at first because I have heard from friends that they can be strict about their guidelines. Jennifer (the event coordinator at Lake Forest) could not have been more accommodating. I don't think anyone told us "no" once our entire wedding day. They even have a room upstairs for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready. It is a huge and relaxing space that worked perfectly for my group. The food and wine were phenomenal. My husband and I are both foodies who appreciate fine cuisine. We were again a little worried about choosing a country club because they aren't necessarily known for the best food and at our tasting, the food was good but a little salty. We made sure to let the chef know. We need not have worried, the beef medallions and salmon were outstanding. Our guests are still raving about how good everything was. In summary, I highly recommend Lake Forest for both ceremony and reception!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Erin S

Lake Forest Country Club is the place to have your wedding. Jennifer and her staff were incredibly professional and made our day perfect!!! The club is absolutely beautiful. Set on a 33 acre lake with lots of floral and greenery around the location. We had a wonderful tasting... Read More prior to our wedding. They offered us everything we had requested and helped us make our decisions easily. The service at the wedding was impeccable. Each server and bartender was attentive and kind. Doing whatever they could to make our wedding perfect. Thank you!! Jennifer Bachman, who was our coordinator, was absolutely amazing. We would not have been able to plan out our wedding without her. She made the rooms look exactly how we envisioned. Made sure we had everything we needed the day of. Was always giving us advice and keeping in contact throughout the process. She was always quick at responding to our questions and concerns. You could not find a better person to help make your wedding perfect. Thank you so much, Jennifer! Overall, we will be recommending this location for ceremony and reception to anyone who is looking. It was a great experience for us and we hope others will be just as thrilled as we were.

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Caroline K

SPECTACULAR WEDDING! We hosted our daughter and son in law's wedding at Lake Forest Country Club. The wedding from start to finish was spectacular. The gardens and terrace at Lake Forest are beautiful! There are many places to take pictures with stunning backdrops. The inside... Read More has a magnificent look and feel to it. The overall impression of Lake Forest is of an elegant tudor mansion from the 1920's or 1930's... which is about the time it was built. Our kids had their heart set on having their wedding overlooking the lake on the new terrace under the new pergola. There is also the option to have the wedding in one of the beautiful formal rooms in the country club, so we were not worried about rain. Ultimately it all worked out in our favor and the ceremony overlooking the lake was breathtaking with the sun glinting off the water. Jennifer Bachman the Event Director worked endlessly with us to ensure our kids had the perfect wedding. She was always available by email or phone. She was always accommodating and helpful. She was there coordinating everything well before the ceremony until well after the reception. Compliment to the Chef! We are still receiving positive feedback from our guests regarding the food. Some of the positive comments included "The food is delicious", The braised short ribs melted in my mouth" and "Wow! I have never had food like that at a wedding before"! We are happy we chose Lake forest because we had excellent service, excellent food, the best wedding and so much fun in a breathtaking setting. Everything was perfect! Thank you Jennifer and Ernie!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Allison S

Joe and I can't thank Jennifer and her team enough for taking care of us on our wedding day! She was incredible to work with and truly made it a stress free day for us!! She turned my ideas into my dreams! Lake Forest CC was a beautiful location for our intimate wedding! We had... Read More both ceremony and reception here and it was picture perfect!! Thank you so much Lake Forest Country Club for an unforgettable wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Elizabeth M

We had our wedding reception at Lake Forest in May 2017 and we could not have asked for anything better!! Jennifer, the wedding coordinator, was really good at handling all the details so we didn't have to worry. Everything looked beautiful, everything ran smoothly, and we got... Read More so many compliments from our friends on the food and service. I would HIGHLY recommend Lake Forest!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Kelly A

Lake Forest Country Club is a beautiful venue inside and outside. Jennifer was helpful through the process answering questions. We did have a hiccup the week of the wedding with timing to hang lights and drop boxes due to a club member event that came up, but Jennifer did her... Read More best to accommodate us which helped. The food was fabulous and servers were very kind. Everyone commented on the delicious meals and late bites, and beauty of the lake and scenery. The packages offer all amenities you need.

Professional, Easy to Work With, Fabulous Staff and Venue

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Rachel B

While I grew up hoping to have my wedding at Lake Forest, I never could have imagined just how perfect it would be! The staff was easy to work with, went above and beyond to accommodate our guests and requests and made our day absolutely stress-free. My now husband and I got so... Read More many compliments on the food, how perfectly the steaks were cooked and how each plate was served hot, which is impressive to do so precisely for a large group. The event coordinator worked with each of our vendors to ensure a seamless night and guests are still talking about the breathtaking views and how lovely the evening went! What a dream to be able to say I would not change one thing about our wedding at Lake Forest!

Everyone is still talking about our perfect day...

Reviewed on 8/04/2012 Lindsay W

My review is for the combination of Ceremony and Reception that we recently had at Lake Forest Country Club. The primary driver for our happiness with the event stems from Bethany Boyd, the Food and Beverage Director. Beth is so much more than her title. She spent endless hours... Read More with us planning the perfect day and she followed through on our day with flawless execution.I simply dropped things off in the morning and my vision came together behind the scenes before I could even imagine things being unpacked. Beth has experience working with most of our vendors, but she is so collaborative, patient, and professional - three traits that you absolutely need to pull off an event like this. As members of Lake Forest, I will always brag about the beauty of the club, and we were the first wedding on the new terrace. The backdrop of the water and the sun hanging low in the sky was a view that can not be paralleled. We couldn't ask for more perfection and our guests are still raving about how perfect everything turned out to be. Excellent job, Lake Forest, led by Bethany Boyd.

Most beautiful venue - inside and out!

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Amanda H

We made the right decsion about Lafe Forest Country Club as for our daughter's wedding reception! You will too! There had been a lot of turn over with management and catering at one time but that is long in the past! Beth Boyd is there now and she will take care of all your... Read More needs with precesion and great care! It was my dream to be able to enjoy my daughter's wedding and leave everything else up to Beth! That's exactly what happend to! No worries becasue every tiny detail was handled and handled beautifully by Beth! The club speaks for itself! A beautiful English tutor that has been maintained inside and out! The grounds are impeccible! The food was out of this world delicious! And it all cost much less than we anticipated! Dealing with Beth was a dream! We highly reccomend Lake Forest Country Club and Beth Boyd!

Perfect Ambiance Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 11/10/2010 Sherrie W

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at Lake Forest. The tudor style and well appointed rooms had the perfect back drop of ambiance. The food was nothing short of incredible and the staff attentive. We had 60 guests.

Perfect Reception

Reviewed on 5/26/2010 JAMIE C

My husband and I had our reception at Lake Forest Country Club in Hudson, Ohio. Not only were the prices incredible, but the food was great. We know that because all our guests cleared their plates!! We received so many compliments on the club itself. It's really unique and has... Read More lots of character and detail. The staff was perfect, they got everything done and you barely knew they were there. While we got married in our church, they have gorgeous grounds in front of this beautiful lake to get married outside in the summer months. We were married in February but it worked out perfectly as there was a light snow and we were able to get some incredible pics outdoors! Check this place out!!

Review for Lake Forest Country Club

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Brandy J

Wonderful people to deal with. Decorated beautifully for Christmas. We needed to do no decorating ourselves. Cake was exceptional.