Is this your business? claim it now

Lake Iamonia Lodge

Tallahassee, FL

Capacity: 151-200 PHONE

Park, Tented

Rentals + Equipment

379 Iamonia Farms Rd, Tallahassee, FL (850) 893-0053

Reviewed on 3/10/2018 Gabrielle T

Lake Iamonia Lodge was a wonderful reception location for our wedding in November. The people can be a little hard to get a hold of, but that's on purpose - the owners don't want this to be a dedicated wedding industry venue, so they make getting details a bit difficult at... Read More first blush. I do have two main complaints though; 1) They don't let you prep the venue the day before unless you purchase that day as well (no discounted rate either, you're doubling your cost if you want more set up time). Even day of the earliest you can typically get in is 8am - my family had a mad dash to get all the rentals in and the ballroom set up before my 3pm wedding! (Another note: George is helpful, but he's the only staff they have on site, so be prepared to either bring in staff or rely on family. ) 2) They imposed an insurance policy months after we first made the booking. This was mostly fine, but they insisted all our vendors have $1mil coverage should someone get hurt at the venue. This became an issue when we contacted the baker - she was a small business owner and didn't have that high coverage, but since she would only be delivering the cake we appealed to them and asked if she would still be allowed on the property. The Lodge gave us a hard no on that, so two weeks before the wedding we had to switch bakers. I just don't get how the insurance they made me get for my guests could not extend to her, but I guess in America with litigation culture that's just the way it is. That being said, for the price this is a fantastic venue. You won't find anything nearly as cheap, though I do understand they've recently raised their prices. If you are a bride on a budget and willing to put in some hard work, this is a wonderful option!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Kristie D

I've been trying to contact this venue for weeks and their phone is always busy. They have no website, no Facebook page...nothing. How in the world are you supposed to get in touch with them?

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Megan C

We loved using Lake Iamonia Lodge as the setting for our reception. The space offered lots of different areas (indoor and outdoor) for our guests to enjoy. We had the cake cutting and some inside seating in the main building. The lighting hanging from the ceilings was a... Read More beautiful addition to our decor. Our cocktail hour was held on the deck and lawn area between the two buildings. We were able to drape lighting between the two structures and add lots of flowers. The rustic lodge was a perfect neutral backdrop for all the colors of our fiesta themed wedding. We set up our bar, dance floor, and food stations outside on the right of the main building, just beneath the gorgeous oak tree. Perfect venue for our big day!

Beautiful, rustic yet elegant, Venue!

Reviewed on 6/09/2014 Jessica G

Lake Iamonia Lodge was the PERFECT venue for my husband and I to have our wedding reception. The wrap around porch was ideal for guests to mingle and enjoy the beautiful view of the trees and open green during the cocktail hour and throughout the evening. The interior of the... Read More lodge is all wood - floor to ceiling, but not in an obnoxious or distasteful way. The high ceiling recently had a lighting upgrade - just in time for our wedding! Three starlight spheres hang chicly from the center of the ceiling. There is shelving covering two walls which can be left empty or filled with pictures of family and other decor. We had a little over 80 people at our wedding and the venue was a perfect fit for all of us, especially with the upper level loft area. The venue provides tables and chairs for use inside the lodge and on the porch/deck. For larger parties, more tables and chairs could be rented for the open green space which is perfect for overflow. This venue also has a separate area - the annex - that we utilized as an area for someone to watch the kids and put them down for naps so their parents could continue to enjoy there time at the reception. The space was beautiful and extremely functional - the price is the BEST you will find in town for what you get. The staff is incredible, too. They were so sweet, patient, and kind. I was so happy and blessed to find this gem of Tallahassee!

Beautiful for an outdoor wedding

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Nicole R

The women at the lodge are wonderful to work with. The lodge is so peaceful and beautiful and the ground is very well maintained. I had a rustic country wedding. IT was perfect!!