Lake String Quartet

Live Music, Music

2909 Glenhurst Ave S, Metro/Greater Minnesota, MN

Lovely

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Kelsey O

Lake String Quartet played for our ceremony and cocktail hour (we loved their popular music repertoire), and did a lovely job. We've had so many compliments on the music, and it added such a special touch to our wedding day. They were easy to work with, really helpful in... Read More providing guidance for our song selection, and did a fantastic job. They needed very little direction and were total pros. We'd recommend them to anyone!

Rave Reviews from Guests

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 Stephanie F

I didn't get to hear them play much since I was the last to walk in, but many people mentioned how well they played.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Laura K

This was easily the most "worth-it" wedding expense from our big day! The guests at our wedding ceremony could not believe that the music they were hearing was NOT a recording because it was so impeccable. Working with Nannette was so easy....she has done so many weddings so she... Read More knew all the questions to ask prior to the wedding. The group showed up well before the ceremony, started with our song list on time as our guests arrived, and ended as the last guest left the ceremony hall. They literally made us feel like we were in a movie their music was SO beautiful and their song timing was PERFECT for our processional. You can really tell they have been working together for quite some time. They also were more than happy to accommodate our last minute request to learn Michael Buble's "Everything" for our recessional! They learned it in one month and absolutely nailed it! We couldn't have been more pleased. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Shannon T

We hired Lake String for music while guests arrived and the ceremony. We had an outdoor weeding planed and it rained so the quartet originally set up inside to play. About 20 minutes before the ceremony the rain stopped and we made the decision to have the wedding outside. The... Read More quartet refused to play if it was raining, which we totally understood as their instruments are expensive. About 10 minutes before the wedding we asked the quarter to move outside and there was NO rain and they refused saying it was "misting" . There was NO mist, just left over rain and condensation on the windows for the previous rain. My husband had to have a talk with them about 5 minutes before the ceremony as there was no rain or mist. I honestly don't think they would have played if my husband wouldn't have talked with them. They didn't seem to care much and I don't think they cared if the wedding was special or not. We also had a guitar pled separate from the quartet to play a song during the ceremony and cocktail you and they didn't have a problem playing outside as their was no rain or mist. When they played the music was beautiful, but I would think twice about hiring this vendor again as they didn't seem to care much about making my daughter's wedding special, and cared more about getting to the next wedding on time. Lthompson- MOB

2016-07-30T14:46:35 Response from the vendor

We sincerely appreciate the comments about the quality of the music. We do our best to make every wedding as unique and beautiful as possible. That is our highest responsibility. The unfortunate circumstances of that day were due in sum to the unpredictability and storminess... Read Less Read More

Katie

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Katie R

I was so pleased with our ceremony music from Lake String Quartet. They were so easy to work with and create a customized song list for our special day. They were excellent performers and really enhanced the tone and feel of our ceremony

String Quartet Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Anna J

Lake String Quartet provided our ceremony music, and we could not be happier. They were quick to respond to e-mails and had a fabulous repertoire to select music choices from. We received many compliments from our guests on the quality of the music.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Jenna T

This group is so wonderful to work with. They were so willing to work with our music selection for our wedding and answered all of my emails and phone calls in a timely fashion. We had to reroute our ceremony last minute and they had no problems changing the time. They were... Read More amazing and we feel so blessed to have them apart of our day. We will definitely use them again in the future for another special event.

Highly Recommended Musicians!

Reviewed on 4/24/2012 Heidi G

Lake String Quartet played at the Como Conservatory for my wedding ceremony in St. Paul, MN. They were fabulous! So many of our guests commented about the wonderful music by the quartet. Lake String Quartet learned a special song for my husband to be played during our... Read More ceremony "The Story" by Brandi Carslile. My husband was so surprised and we loved the song when they played it. Nanette and the group were so easy to work with in picking out our ceremony music. I would highly recommend them to all brides!

Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 8/04/2011 Patricia C

Their music was beautifully executed! They were very helpful with selections and very professional throughout the whole process.

Reviewed on 11/05/2010 Carly H

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Lisa W

The musicians provided an elegance to the wedding that I was striving for. Well worth the money!

Reviewed on 9/24/2008 Laura B

Easy to work with and sounded great

Reviewed on 10/06/2007 Diana B

Very large repertoire. Valeu--priced below other in equal class. Professional, dress well, etc.

Reviewed on 9/21/2007 Matt G

Easy to work with, open to suggestions, professional, beautiful sound, punctual, huge repertoire, very nice. Added a lot to the ceremony.

Reviewed on 8/27/2007 Susie P

Lake Strings Quartet was very easy to work with. They helped me pick out the music I wanted, and did a wonderful job during the wedding!

Reviewed on 8/24/2007 Dawn L