Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa

Morgantown, WV

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

I Do At Lakeview

Spectacular views and impeccable service are trademark qualities of Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa. We offer a beautiful outdoor ceremony site, ballroom seating for up to 450 guests, Wedding Specialists will ensure every detail of your day is perfect and the packages include amazing amenities!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

One Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV

Lakeview is the best!!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Lindsey M

I had my reception at Lakeview on July 4th and it was the best decision I have ever made! Everyone that worked there was very knowledgeable, friendly, and willing to help out in any way possible. There are so many different wedding packages to meet your needs. What I... Read More personally loved was the fact that they literally take care of everything for you. The cake, food, reception rental, and linens are all included in your price. I went to Almost Heaven desserts to get my cake and all I had to say was, "I am a Lakeview Bride." The same goes for Elite Bridal for the linens, as well. It was so easy! All of the ballrooms are GORGEOUS. I recommend Reflections on the Lake Ballroom, which overlooks Cheat Lake. The "cocktail hour" was held in a beautiful library off from the room, with hardwood floors, bookshelves, and an inviting fireplace. Lauren was my wedding specialist and she was an absolute PLEASURE to work with. She made sure everything was taken care of for me so that I didn't have to worry about a thing! I would highly recommend her to any bride! The food for the reception was fantastic! When we went in for our testing, they treated us like royalty. We got to try all of the different foods (and take them home with us!). It was hard to choose because it was all so good, but we went with the fried chicken, pasta with meatballs, red potatoes, salad, rolls, and mixed vegetables. For the reception, Lauren as well as several other employees brought us (the bride and groom) our food from the buffet and even offered to get our parent's food for them, too! My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon suite the night of our wedding. All of the presents were brought up to the room for us, there were extra cookies on a plate, and Lauren left us a sweet note. I honestly believe my wedding day was truly memorable because of the kindness and dedication of the Lakeview staff. There's so much more I could say about how great of a job they did. You should definitely check them out! You won't be disappointed.

2015-07-22T08:02:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your experience and for leaving such wonderful compliments. We are delighted to hear that your wedding day was perfect! We were happy to be a part of your special day and those memories... Read Less Read More

Lakeview was the way to go!

Reviewed on 12/19/2015 Kristi M

Hello Brides! This is the most stressful, fun time of you life thus far.. at least it was for me!! Having my reception at Lakeview was one of the best decisions I made. Lauren was wonderful, as was the entire staff at Lakeview. They did everything that they could to... Read More accommodate our wedding party and make our day special for us! When it came to the wedding day, I knew I would be nervous and have issues with not knowing every single detail. I received a text message from Lauren with pictures of the venue and they were absolutely perfect. It put my mind to ease instantly. When we arrived to the reception, the staff was nothing short of perfect. All I would have to do was wave my hand and someone would be there asking if we needed anything. They were all wonderful! That night, we were able to stay in the Presidential Suite and it had the most amazing view. We ate our breakfast on the deck over looking the lake. It was breath taking! We wouldn't have changed anything for a second. We recommend Lakeview to anyone and we hope you have the same great experience we did! Happy wedding planning!!!

Lakeview was perfect!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Sarah H

I just got married on July 18th and had my reception at lakeview. I cannot say enough how exceptional lakeview was. They have so many different ballroom and meal packages to cater to each bride's specific needs. Not only did lauren, my wedding specialist work with me along the... Read More way, but she was on top of it all with 3 or 4 other weddings going on that same weekend if I remember correctly. The special thing about lakeview is that they include just about everything in the price; from the cake, to all the linens and centerpieces. it was so nice not having to worry about any of that. From the moment I arrived, I felt taken care of by all the staff. They made sure they had snacks and drinks for the bridal party and they quickly and accurately met all our needs without question. The ballroom was absolutely stunning! I picked he chestnut ballroom with a balcony and it was perfect. Everything was set up just how I had wanted. Everyone said the food was wonderful and the decorations were like a dream. We were able to enjoy our wedding night because we knew that Lauren and the staff were taking care of everything and we didn't worry about anything. We especially loved the king jacuzzi suite we stayed in afterward! I will be certain to advise any bride I meet to choose lakeview for their venue. Thank you so much lakeview!

Magical Wedding

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Domenica M

I can not express how happy I am of my whole Lakeview experience. Our wedding was elegant and beautiful. All three of the wedding planners that were involved with my wedding are amazing. They all have a special place in my heart from the relationship that we have built within... Read More the past year planning my wedding. They are so helpful and quick on anything that you would need. They truly make it a magical experience,exactly what every girl dreams about. Our ceremony and reception turned out perfect. The whole show went extremely smooth. All of the vendors they recommended were awesome as well. The kitchen staff went above and beyond preparing and serving our appetizers and meal. Overall, there entire staff are welcoming and friendly. They all work very well together. My husband and I are very pleased and would recommend Lakeview to anyone. Thank You Lakeview for making my wedding a dream come true!!

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Diandra W

Words cannot describe how happy my husband and I are with Lakeview. Lauren and Megan were the absolute best to work with and the staff was so professional and helpful. With the amount of weddings Lakeview holds, not once did I ever feel like we were just another wedding. They... Read More create such an amazing atmosphere that you know each and every wedding is special and unique not only to the bride and groom, but to Lakeview as well. Any question or concerned I had during the planning process was answered quickly and promptly. The day of went smoothly and even with the sucky forecast, we could not have asked for a more prefect day. We even got a double rainbow. You could not be in better hands with the staff from Lakeview. Lakeview has the experience and resources to make any dream wedding come true!

Magical Experience

Reviewed on 12/22/2015

Lakeview was a wonderful place that we had both our wedding ceremony and reception in. Our ceremony was in the "library" room, which ended up being very nice and cozy in our January wedding. There were even rose petals put on the ground for the processionals. The staff was... Read More also amazing and was really sweet to us. It's nice that with the package you get a cake and also like a built in wedding planner. They are very thorough, even wanting contact information for the DJ you select beforehand, I guess in case something would go wrong or they didn't show up. Because there is so much detail involved in getting the contract set up, I would suggest just directly calling your wedding planner with Lakeview to tell all the details. Trying to do all that through email can be stressful. I would just call or stop in to detail exactly how you want everything. Make sure you have all the details (even how your wedding party will line up) worked out ahead of time so you don't have to answer any questions or worry about anything on your big day! We used the reception hall connected to the library room, with windows viewing the lake. The staff even was willing to put Christmas tree decorations in there for us to go with our theme. It was very beautiful and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 12/22/2015

We chose Lakeview as our venue for our ceremony and reception. Our wedding could not have turned out more perfect. Lauren was our wedding planner and she did such an amazing job! She was the best wedding planner we could have asked for! She made sure i had everything my heart... Read More desired and made sure i had absolutely no stress at all on my big day. We were able to just have fun and completely relax because Lauren and Lakeview handled everything including putting up all of our decorations. We would definitely chose Lakeview again!

Reviewed on 12/19/2015 megan p

We had our ceremony and reception at lakeview. Everything was absolutely amazing. Lauren Thomas and the rest of the girls did such a great job. They made sure everything went great and we had no issues with anything! As the bride i didnt have to worry about anything at all. Get... Read More the meatballs they are amazing! =]

Highly Recommend!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

We could not have asked for a more wonderful reception! Lauren Thomas and all the staff were fantastic! We chose the brunch reception and the food was wonderful! Our guests loved it. They are still raving about how delicious the food was. I would highly recommend Lakeview... Read More as a reception venue. They took great care of us and there were no worries at all. Easy breezy! We had a beautiful room and chocolate covered strawberries and champagne to greet us after the wedding. :) Thanks again to everyone who helped make our day extra special and worry free!! John & Shari Walker

Wedded Bliss at Lakeview

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lindsay H

My husband and I got married at Lakeview Resort in October 2015.We had the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception on site. Everything was amazing from the extraordinary customer service to the delicious food. We had one confusion over the rehearsal dinner in which they... Read More weren't prepared for our party but they didn't turn us away. Instead they put tables together in a separate room and was tentative to our large party. Lauren Thomas and Rachel Bucklew were fabulous. We did our wedding planning from Maryland which could have been very stressful. Lauren made sure that all my questions were answered and all my dreams were made into reality. Rachel was with me the day of and she was out of this world. We never needed a thing because she was already on top of it. We had a little bit of rowdy group but they still treated us like royalty. Thank you Lakeview, Lauren, and Rachel for creating my dream wedding!

10/23/2015

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Our wedding was absolutely perfect. I would recommend Lauren Thomas as a wedding planner to anyone. She answers any questions super quick and has a one of a kind personality. She is very enthusiastic and you know she is very passionate about making sure your day goes exactly the... Read More way you want it to. It is very convenient place to have a wedding because you can have your wedding, reception and have a place to stay all in one! I have no complaints and couldn't have asked for a better wedding!

Fall wedding

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Kendelyn P

Lauren is amazing! She and Jillian helped pull off an amazing wedding! The only down fall which may not have necessarily been Lakeview was a few our decorations were broken. The next day everything was crammed into a little room and it could have happened then. Otherwise an... Read More amazing day & the wedding specialist rock! :) we love them!

The Most Amazing Staff Ever!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Casey C

My wedding was on October 17, 2015. Lauren Thomas is the absolute best at what she does! She made sure everything was perfect every step of the way! On my wedding day I didn't have to do anything, but be there! She made sure everything ran EXACTLY as we had planned. I couldn't... Read More thank her and her staff more! The executive chef, Jesse, is AMAZING too! This venue and all of their staff made my wedding day the most perfect, easy day! I couldn't be happier with them!

Review Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

We are so happy that we picked Lakeview for our wedding. We planned a year in advance, and the staff at Lakeview helped us at every stage in the process. Megan, Lauren, and Rachel gave us loads of information and suggestions, were very responsive to emails, and made sure that... Read More every detail was perfect. We booked the Library and Reflections ballroom, and they were both stunning. The food was excellent and very nicely presented. I also loved that I could drop off the decorations and have them handle everything with the vendors--it made for a very low-stress and wonderful wedding day. The only hiccup that we encountered was that there was some confusion about the airport-to-Lakeview shuttle and how far in advance the shuttle needed to be booked. We seemed to get different responses depending on who we talked to. Other than that, everything went swimmingly. Overall, our friends and relatives had a great time, and I'd highly recommend Lakeview!

Best Wedding Coordinator Around!!!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 brooke n

My new husband and I are absolutely over the moon. Our wedding day turned out FLAWLESS, thanks to Lauren Thomas. She is absolutely the BEST wedding planner in the Morgantown, WV area. From the first meeting, to the final hours of our reception, Lauren was there making sure we... Read More had everything we needed! Lakeview and Lauren took care of every need and helped us through each step. They even directed us to vendors they work with. That way our flowers, linings, AND cake (seriously they paid for our cake) were included in the price. The vendors worked with Lakeview and Lauren before which made the whole process seamless. We will definitely be recommending Lakeview and Lauren to all of our friends.I only wish she did all event planning and not just weddings. I would go to her for any event I had!!! I can honestly say our wedding would not have been as perfect without her!!! Thank you so much Lauren! Love E&B

Great Location for a Reception

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

My bride and I loved our experience with Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa. The room our reception was held in was lovely and we had access to the balcony overlooking Cheat Lake. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating, ensuring that our reception went as smoothly as... Read More possible. Overall, we highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Malorie N

We worked with Lauren for our wedding on 8/8/15. She was so sweet and helpful! We did have a few bumps along the way. But, at the end of the day our wedding was perfect! Lakeview works so hard to ensure your big day (and the entire planning process) is a stress-free as possible!... Read More The food and service was amazing! The venue itself is very nice, clean, modern, and so convenient (since the hotel is also on-sight)! We were so happy with our decision to have our wedding at Lakeview! :)

Perfect August Wedding

Reviewed on 8/31/2015

Currently en route to our honeymoon after an amazingly perfect wedding at Lakeview Resort! We worked with Lauren Thomas, who was such a big help and more than willing to answer our seemingly endless questions and concerns. Within a day of contacting her, we booked the resort as... Read More our wedding venue, and from then on everything came together quick and easy. They were more than able to work within our budget, and we were able to pick and choose aspects that mattered to us as a couple. There was one small hitch with a matter of overpayment, but it was taken care of within a day after I brought it to their attention. And the day itself was just as we always imagined, if not even better!! We couldn't be happier with our decision to get married at Lakeview!!

Amazing Service and Staff

Reviewed on 8/21/2015

My husband and I got married on August 9th at Lakeview resort. We had our ceremony on the 10th tee and our reception in the Chestnut Ballroom. From the beginning of the process to the very end everything was flawless. Lauren made sure we had everything we needed, she explained... Read More everything in detail, and made sure to answer any question we had no matter how silly it was. I would recommend Lakeview to anyone! You and your guests will have such an amazing experience.

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Jordan M

I got married on New Year's Eve at Lakeview and it was everything I could have dreamed of and more. Our wedding coordinator, Lauren Thomas, went above and beyond for us! I definitely couldn't have gotten through the process without her. Every bride needs someone like Lauren when... Read More planning her wedding. From helping us stay at our budget..to helping me thoughout the whole process in general, how to do my invites and how many people should I sit at a table..she was honestly one of the best parts of choosing Lakeview as our venue. Not only was Lauren amazing but the chefs definitely rocked it out. The FOOD was amazing! My guests raved on and on about the food for days after the wedding and even to this day. The every staff member really made my guests and I (and even my other vendors) feel at home and catered to every need. I would recommend Lakeview a hundred times over! You won't find a place that will allow you to customize your wedding like Lakeview!

All in one

Reviewed on 8/04/2015

The best part about Lakeview resort was that for our guests who were all pretty much traveling from out of town we were able to have our whole wedding day here with beautiful view!! From the wedding to the reception to guests staying the night they were able to do so at... Read More Lakeview. All of the event staff were wonderful and very professional they helped us make a truly special day. The only issue we ran into throughout the whole experience was we had set up some of our decorations in the reception room the night before and the staff was unable to lock the room. Due to this our WVU football, which was to be part of the wedding was stolen an anonymous individual..... Overall though we had a great experience at Lakeview and with the Wedding specialist Lauren Thomas.

Absolutely amazing venue

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 Jess L

We just got married at Lakeview Resort earlier this week and we could not have been happier with both our ceremony and reception. We were lucky enough to squeeze our ceremony in in between rain showers. All the seats were dried off for our guests and everyone was shuttled back... Read More after before the rain started again. Our ceremony was quick and simply, but absolutely gorgeous. Our reception was beautiful, the service was great, and all of our guests said the food was fantastic. Most of all, we had a fabulous wedding coordinator. Lauren took care of everything. She was available for questions anytime, took care of setting up our reception which makes the day so much more relaxing, and made sure everything went perfectly. I would recommend Lakeview to any couple looking for beautiful venue with great service for a great price.

2015-07-22T07:59:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience. We are delighted to hear that your wedding day was wonderful! We were happy to be a part of your special day and those memories that will last forever. Come back and visit... Read Less Read More

Wedding Review

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Katie W

Lakeview handled everything flawlessly! It was truly beautiful and the wedding specialists really made everything run smoothly so I could enjoy the day!

2015-06-17T09:45:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience. We are delighted to hear that your wedding day was amazing! We were happy to be a part of it. Come back and visit us soon. Sincerely, Rachel Bucklew Director of Catering

Love Lakeview!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

Lakeview is a great place for both the ceremony and reception, especially if you have family coming from far away, like we did! Everyone was very hospitable and did everything to keep everything on track to make our day perfect! If I had to do it over again, I would choose... Read More Lakeview time and time again!

2015-06-10T07:18:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience. We are thrilled to hear that your wedding day was a perfect day. We were happy to be a part of it. Come back and visit us soon. Sincerely, Rachel Bucklew Director of... Read Less Read More

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Becky S

We had our reception at Lakeview and had an absolutely outstanding experience! The wedding planners were accommodating to our every request and we could not have asked for a better experience. We very highly recommend Lakeview and their amazing staff!

2015-06-10T07:19:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience. We are thrilled to hear to that your wedding day was wonderful. We were happy to be a part of it. Come back and visit us soon. Sincerely, Rachel Bucklew Director of Catering

Meet The Coordinator

Lauren Thomas

Lauren has been with Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa for two years in the Wedding Department. She is extremely passionate about weddings and absolutely loves her job! Lauren's ultimate goal is to ensure a stress-free wedding day and strives for perfection.