Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa

Morgantown, WV

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa

A BALLROOM IN MORGANTOWN, WV

Located in Morgantown, West Virginia, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is a choice location with all of the comforts and amenities couples could desire for their wedding day. As the winner of multiple awards for wedding service, including The Knot's own Best of Weddings 2016 accolade, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is a clear choice for couples wishing to plan an all-inclusive wedding in the picturesque West Virginia mountainside. From intimate to elaborate, it is the ideal destination for weddings of any size or style.

Reflections on the Lake Ballroom. Lakeview's premier ballroom, Reflections on the Lake offers couples and their guests brilliant views of Cheat Lake through expansive wall-to-wall windows along one side. Full of charming details, like a working fireplace, wood flooring and parlor decor, Reflections on the Lake is a charming backdrop for wedding receptions of any style.

Governor's Ballroom. The largest ballroom at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, the Governor's Ballroom is an excellent choice for larger weddings, as it can accommodate up to 400 guests. With an adjoining patio that's ideal for a cocktail hour before the reception starts, the Governor's Ballroom is a versatile space that can suit a variety of functions.

The Chestnut Ballroom is renovated and offers couples a cool, modern space for up to 200 guests. With stunning views of Cheat Lake and an adjoining deck area for celebrating indoors and out, the Chestnut Ballroom is a top pick for summer weddings.

The University Hall is a great choice for wedding receptions of up to 250 people. This room features classic elements, like a dance floor and chandeliers, lending it a romantic air any time of the year.

10th Tee. A stunning outdoor option for celebrating a wedding ceremony on the green, the 10th Tee is a place to say "I do" in front of up to 400 of your friends and family members. With a charming gazebo backdrop, both the ceremony and wedding photographs are sure to be stunningly gorgeous at this location.

Couples who choose to celebrate their weddings at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa are in for a real treat with the available wedding packages and professional wedding consultants to help plan every step along the way. Brides and grooms who have married at the venue rave about the personalized service offered there and it's not hard to see why. With packages that accommodate venue setup, catering, vendor coordination and on-site services for couples and their guests, it is committed to helping couples achieve their dream weddings.

The catering at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa can be tailored to suit any taste preferences. With multiple tiers of dinner service from which to choose, couples can pull out all of the stops with gourmet hors d'oeuvres and dinner service at the reception. Choose from starters like spanakopita and beef hibachi skewers and then move onto delicious entrees including filet mignon and pan-seared salmon with plenty of choices for side dishes. Celebrate with a toast and finish off the celebration with a personalized wedding cake.

Wedding packages booked at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa come complete with plenty of perks for couples and their guests. The following features come standard with any wedding package:

• Champagne toast with strawberry accent
  • Traditional wedding cake
  • Centerpieces
  • Table numbers with stands
  • White linen tablecloths and napkins
  • Traditional head table or sweetheart table, cake table and gift table
  • Parquet dance floors
  • Maître d' service

I Do At Lakeview

Spectacular views and impeccable service are trademark qualities of Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa. We offer a beautiful outdoor ceremony site, ballroom seating for up to 400 guests, Wedding Specialists will ensure every detail of your day is perfect and the packages include amazing amenities!

Commitment Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

One Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV (304) 594-9435
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Lindsey L

My husband & I had our wedding a Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa back in May of this year & we had the BEST experience. Jillian was our wedding specialist, but Lauren, the other specialist had no problem stepping in & helping us when Jillian was out of the office. They are a great... Read More team! As a bride, I was constantly worried that we weren't going to get things done, or that I was forgetting something (especially on the day of our wedding) - but with the girls at Lakeview, we had the BEST, most organized day we could've hoped for. I literally didn't have to worry about anything. Jillian does not disappoint when it comes to making sure her brides are well taken care of. I cannot put into words how thankful we are that she handled our wedding, everything was absolutely perfect :) Our guests loved the outdoor venue on the 10th tee of the golf course - there was plenty of shade & everyone was comfortable! Everyone loved the food at our wedding as well! The staff at Lakeview was SO accomodating to all of our needs. Our wedding was an absolute dream for us. If you are looking for an all inclusive venue, Lakeview is the place to go!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Kelly H

I highly recommend Lauren and the wedding team at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa! We held our reception in the Chestnut Ridge Ballroom, which has an amazing deck overlooking the lake! The girls and I got ready in the Governor's Suite, which was an excellent location for some... Read More pre-wedding photo-ops. Although there were two other weddings happening at the same time, you would never know it. There was always a staff member available to answer any questions or address any issues. Our guests had the best time and several ranked our wedding in their top 3 (which included their own, of course)! Lauren made sure every detail was perfect, even texting me pictures while I was getting my hair and makeup done. I can't say enough good things about her and the entire planning process with Lakeview!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Sean F

Our wedding at Lakeview was absolutely perfect. Our ceremony was held in the Library and the reception was in the Reflections on the Lake Ballroom. Everything was beautiful, and the entire event was first class. Jillian was our wedding planner, and she is AMAZING! She made... Read More the entire planning process easy and fun. She thought of EVERYTHING, and was incredibly helpful on the day of the wedding. She also accommodated all of our special requests without batting an eye. Our wedding day was a blast, stress-free, and amazing. That is thanks to the wonderful setting and wonderful people at Lakeview.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Shana H

Lauren is absolutely amazing! she pays attention to detail and is accepting and encouraging of all ideas, but is able to offer opinion respectfully. You can tell that she truly cares about her job and each wedding that she coordinates. Everyone that helped her were extremely... Read More helpful as well. Even during confusion at our reception when some of the other vendors had a mix up, Lauren and her team made sure everything went smoothly. My only advice would be to use vendors from their "preferred vendors" list so that confusion does not happen at all. I Learned that those vendors were on the preferred list for a reason! All in all, the planning process was as stress free as it could be, staff at Lakeview were very approachable and answered all questions, wedding packages were flexible, and prices were communicated clearly- there were no "surprise!" charges. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Jessica B

Lakeview was beyond the perfect place to have a wedding. We had both our ceremony and reception there. The library was a cozy, intimate space for a ceremony, while Reflections on the Lake had plenty of space for dancing and food; not to mention the ah-mazing views. On top of... Read More excellent deals, they have a staff that is able to work with you every step of the way. Originally we started with Jillian Swartz, who was very positive and open and easy to communicate with. Jillian had to step down, though, about a month till our wedding to pursue her own dreams so we then met with Jolene. Jolene was a lifesaver. She was open, easy to communicate with, and did everything in her power to make sure we were on the same page and that everything went according to plan. She helped store things, provided a room for us to get ready in, and even gave out her personal cell phone number in case I needed to get into contact with her immediately. Jolene and Lakeview helped bring my wedding to life and made it better than I could ever imagine.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Brianna G

LakeView made my day go so smoothly! I didn't have to worry about a thing- Lauren was a gem throughout the entire planning experience and the day itself! It was a dream :)

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Danni D

Lakeview was an amazing place for our destination wedding and reception! Lauren brought everything together and created a beautiful ceremony and reception! We had very unexpected weather (tornadoes) and a loss of electricity for three hours, but Lakeview staff did not miss a... Read More beat! Our food, cake, bar service, and entertainment were AMAZING! Our guests said it was the best wedding and reception they have ever attended!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Katharyn H

Lakeview was the perfect place for our wedding! I can not thank Jillian enough for all that she did and helped with to make our special day perfect. Everyone at Lakeview was very accommodating and helping in every way, and they all did it with a courteous smile! Jillian helped... Read More us think of things we never would have considered as she worked with us in planning our wedding. Would definitely recommend to any couple getting married in the Morgantown area - everything was spectacular!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Amber U

Lakeview was amazing! We would not have been able to have a more perfect wedding if it weren't for Lauren and their wonderful event staff. Lauren was great throughout the whole process and promptly answered all of our questions. Someone was always there to make sure that... Read More everything was going smoothly at the wedding and reception so we did not have to worry about anything. Someone also made sure that we had all the drinks or anything we needed throughout the entire event. The food was absolutely delicious! All of our guests enjoyed it. We do wish that our food was left on the table a little longer at the reception! We got full quickly, so we took a break to say hi to some guests and our food was gone before we got back to it. We do also wish that we had been served a slice of our wedding cake or that a piece had been left at our table for us because we had been looking forward to it for months and only got the little bit that we fed to each other when we cut it. Overall though, we could not be happier with how it all turned out. It was truly perfect.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Amanda M

We are very glad we chose Lakeview for our wedding reception venue! Our wedding coordinator, Jillian, did a wonderful job ensuring that our special day went smoothly. We had several meetings and even more emails (all of which she answered happily!) figuring out details of the... Read More planning. Jillian made sure our planning was brought to life on our wedding day from decor to coordination of the day's events. Lakeview set up our decor and tore it down after, had beautiful areas to take photos, and allowed our guests to stay on site after our reception. It was a wonderful day and we thank Lakeview and our coordinator, Jillian, for playing such a large role.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Julissa G

I'm so glad we had our wedding at Lake View!! Our wedding specialist, Jillian, did an incredible job and was always so kind despite my countless emails! lol Everything was so beautiful and the staff was so awesome making sure we had everything we needed! Great venue, great food,... Read More and great service! We couldn't have asked for better! Thank you so much Lakeview for everything. Our wedding was beautiful and perfect!! 😊👌

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Maria & Kyle C

From the day we had our initial consultation, to the wee hours of the night that were danced away, Lakeview was absolutely perfect! Lauren and her team at Lakeview were there for us every step of the way! The accommodations, the personal touches, and the hospitality that were... Read More given made the planning process and our wedding that much better. Our day could not have been more perfect! The golf course was stunning, the food was delicious, and the staff was very supportive. If you are looking for somewhere that will help you every step of the way, consider Lakeview! Thank you Lauren and Lakeview, from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Mary V

We are so happy we got married at Lakeview! Everything was just perfect! Lauren and the Lakeview crew took care of every detail and made our wedding so special. Our planning process was very easy, and Lauren was able to take our vision and make it become real. We would highly... Read More recommend Lakeview to other couples planning their wedding!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Rachel W

Lakeview was an excellent venue for our wedding. Our guests were able to stay at the venue, catering is offered as well as a wonderful wedding planner. Our wedding planner, Lauren, was hands down the best thing about Lakeview. She is very sweet, organized and genuine. A real... Read More pleasure to work with. I can say I have no regrets about our choice in venues! Good luck to other couples planning their weddings! :)

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Charleigh S

We had our ceremony and reception at Lakeview. Everything was absolutely perfect. The food was amazing and Lauren Thomas (our wedding specialist) was absolutely incredible throughout our entire planning process. We were so thankful that they handled set up and clean up for both... Read More the ceremony and reception. We opted for the 3 hour open bar with call brand liquor. Bartenders and servers were incredibly polite and pleasant. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Christina H

My wedding day on May 6, 2017 was amazing thanks to Lauren, Jillian, and the rest of Lakeview Resort Staff!! From the very beginning Lauren helped me through everything and kept me on track with what all I needed to do. Lakeview has wedding vendor showcase events so it was a... Read More one stop shop for me to meet all of the cake bakers, DJ's, florist, photographers, etc. Also, many vendors offered specials for attending a Lakeview wedding showcase as well! So booking my vendors was a breeze! I didn't have to worry about a cater since Lakeview has an amazing chef! I booked Ooh La La as my cake baker and everyone is still talking about how great my cake tasted. Anytime I emailed Lauren or Jillian I got a fast response. The day of the wedding Lauren and Jillian made sure everything was running smoothly and I didn't have to worry about anything. Lakeview staff set up my reception and ceremony hall and I got to get ready with my bridesmaids and relax a little before the fun began. Throughout the night all of Lakeview staff made sure I had everything I needed! At the end of the night Lakeview cleans everything up so I could head back to my room and relax. Everyone told me they had a great time! I highly recommend Lakeview Resort for a wedding venue, or for any event, they are great!! Thank you so much Lauren, Jillian, and Lakeview Resort staff!!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Alicia S

Lakeview was perfect! My husband and I were married 4/22/17. From the very beginning Lauren Thomas was our coordinator and she was absolutely wonderful! I could email her at anytime of the day for anything and she would always have a quick response! She solved any problem or... Read More question with ease during the wedding planning process. On our wedding weeked Lauren immediately helped with everything from unloaded the car to calming down my nerves! She always knew the right thing to say to make me feel at ease! We had our rehearsal at Lakeview, Lauren ran it smoothly and we had a lovely dinner. On wedding day, Lauren was hard at work making sure everything was perfect! And it was!! We were supposed to have the ceremony at the 10th Tee but it rained that day, so we had it in the Library and the reception in the Reflections on the Lake ballroom. Everything turned out absolutely gorgeous! Lauren did a fantastic job making sure the day was flawless! The service and the food was great, and all of our guests said this was one of the best weddings they have ever been to! Overall Lakeview and Lauren did an amazing job and I would 100% highly recommend them!! -Alicia and Brandon 4/22/17

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Kristen N

My husband and I got married October 22, 2016. Everything went smoothly. I am a very type A personality and like to have control of the situation. When it came to our wedding, I felt relieved putting the control in Lauren's hands. She was very thorough and helpful when I had... Read More questions. The wedding was supposed to be outside but there had been wet weather which caused it to be too cold to be outside. We were lucky enough to move the ceremony to the Library. I was so nervous because I didn't have many decorations because I was counting on the beautiful foliage. Thank goodness for the staff at Lakeview because they made what little I had, go a far way. It was gorgeous and the guests never knew any different.

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Alexandra H

Lakeview was amazing!!!!!!! I'm super late on this review, but had to share! We were married on October 29, 2016 and I have to say I had not one doubt it would be perfect! We worked with Lauren and if there were ever any worries, she immediately gave us the game plan for how... Read More everything would be! They catered to our every need. Our guests RAVED about the food and overall service! A lot of our guests stayed and they all had a blast! Our reception was in the Reflections on the Lake Ballroom and I will say that dropping off all the decorations and seeing how Lauren and the staff brought our vision to life was amazing! We had only one small problem with missing an add on for food, but Lakeview made sure the issue was resolved and we didn't even mind! Everyone is still telling us how beautiful the venue was and what a blast they had! We will never forget our special day and I definitely recommend Lakeview when anyone asks!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Catie E

LAKEVIEW!!!!!!! All I can say was I was blown away. The professionalism in itself was amazing. Lauren was our wedding specialist and I can truly say that day would not have run as smoothly as it did without her. The level of communication through the process makes you feel... Read More confident in the hectic but wonderul day to come. The staff they had working the event were just as professional and amazing. I cant remember how many times I was checked on : ) They make everything so special! All of our guests enjoyed themselves and that wad a huge deal for us. We wanted our friends and family to be comfortable celebrating with us.Of course cost does come into play it is so worth every penny and you get more for you money with Lakeview because of the great people and knowing your day will be everything you dreamed of!!!! 100% 2 thumbs up!!! Thank you so much Lakeview!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Emily R

I cannot praise the team at Lakeview enough! Jillian, our wedding coordinator was always quick to answer my endless questions and reassure me about anything and everything. The day of our wedding (March 18th), she checked in on me several times before the actual ceremony, making... Read More sure I had everything that I needed (including a mimosa), she made sure that the ceremony went on flawlessly and then followed myself and the groom around providing us with drinks and a helping hand throughout the whole picture taking process. Even after she left for the night, the rest of the staff made sure that anything and everything was taken care of, including leaving a bottle of sparkling wine and a plate of fruit in our bridal suite. If you are looking for top-notch service and a great location with a wonderful staff, look no further than Lakeview!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Brianna F

If you're looking for a stress-free, beautiful wedding venue, lakeview is the perfect place! They took care of everything the day of the wedding including setting up decorations just how I wanted them and took all of the gifts to our room afterwards. We worked with Jillian for... Read More about a year and she was always right there to answer all of my many questions. She was always sweet and had great suggestions. The food was also great and the macaroni martini bar was was a huge hit! The staff were all very nice and accommodating! It made for the perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Katlin W

Lakeview is an excellent choice for a wedding reception venue! We had our reception in the Reflections Ballroom in September and the view was absolutely beautiful! We worked with Lauren Thomas and she did an amazing job! She was very helpful and easy to work with. The day of the... Read More wedding went perfectly and everything was exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Anne H

Our wedding was on Saturday, October 15, 2016 and it was a perfect day for us! We booked in the Chestnut ballroom for our reception and it was a beautiful backdrop to our special day. Lauren was endlessly positive no matter how many questions I had during the planning process... Read More and her and her coworker Jillian were always quick to respond. The ballroom was a beautiful backdrop for our big night and we continue to receive compliments about the venue, delicious food, and friendly efficient service from the bartenders. We were so happy to have chosen a venue that took care of the little details for us, accommodated our guest list, and had different package options to meet our budget needs. Lauren, Jillian, Toni, Steve, and Keegan were wonderful allies during my planning process and ensured that our planning process was stress free. They made sure that our wedding night was seamlessly flawless and we hope that our guests will remember to book with Lakeview in their future trips to Morgantown. There were other events going on the night of our wedding, but we were none the wiser with the privacy our ballroom offered. We will cherish the memories of our wedding day for years to come and are so grateful to the Lakeview staff for playing their big part in that!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Nakiska P

Thanks to the staff here, especially Lauren, not a single thing went wrong and everything turned out beautifully. The food was fantastic as well as the options to choose from. My guests loved that everything was in one location, the ceremony, the reception, and the hotel. Our... Read More bartender was fantastic. I cannot say anything negative about this place at all. The price and packages will fit any budget. I literally cannot say enough positive things about Lakeview!! Do not hesitate on this place!!!!