Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa

Morgantown, WV

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

I Do At Lakeview

Spectacular views and impeccable service are trademark qualities of Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa. We offer a beautiful outdoor ceremony site, ballroom seating for up to 450 guests, Wedding Specialists will ensure every detail of your day is perfect and the packages include amazing amenities!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

One Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV

Reviewed on 7/18/2016

My daughter and I have been working with Lakeview Resort and preparing for her wedding since May of last year. In the last several months, we’ve been in complete communication with Jillian Swartz. From the beginning she has kept us informed and up to date on anything that we... Read More may or have not thought of. We arrived at Lakeview on Friday, July 15, 2016, the day before the wedding for our rehearsal. We were met at the front desk by Jillian as soon as she was notified we had arrived. She greeted us with the most bubbly of personalities and was helpful with showing us where we needed to be and when. As the day continued on, I noticed that as the rest of the party started arriving, she was always at the front to welcome them and help with all their needs - again with the same enthusiasm. On the day of the wedding that started at 4:30, I spent a good amount of time walking off my nervous energy around the venue where the preparations were being made and there was Jillian working on decorations and coordinating with the bride and her and her maids to make sure everything was in order. As the ceremony began, Jillian was there with her smiles and keeping calm and order while the rest of us were feeling the anxiety of this special occasion. The ceremony and reception area were both beautifully put together and well decorated. As the reception began I was welcomed by another lady, Toni (I cannot remember her last name). The very delicious appetizers and food were served by a very well-staffed and friendly crew making sure that everyone’s needs were being met. As I completed my meal, there was Jillian with her friendly smile handing me a cold beverage. Jillian, along with the staff made this wedding as perfect as any could be for my daughter. I have had so many great comments from most all the 190 attendees that this was one of the best weddings they have been too. I’m sure that you will be seeing some of these people back to Lakeview Resort when time for their weddings and I will make sure they will know to ask for Jillian Swartz.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Jessica C

Lakeview is amazing!!! Lauren Thomas helped my husband and I with our wedding there. She is AMAZING!!! I would email her at any hour of the day and night and always get a fast response. She is so helpful and creative with details and kept me sane on the wedding day. She truly... Read More helped make our day special with decorating and doing anything I needed to make sure our day was perfect. I highly recommend Lauren and Lakeview for your wedding! Lakeview itself is a beautiful venue. I was married in the Library and the Reflections on the Lake ballroom. It was gorgeous!! The staff is fabulous and friendly. They decorated the venue for me and it was stunning. I could not have been more happy with how it turned out. The service was wonderful, they were on their A-game all evening making sure all went smoothly and taking care of anything that needed done. A glass was broken on the dance floor and before I could turn around to find someone they were already out cleaning it up. The food was absolutely delicious and you got a ton! Overall an amazing, A++ experience at Lakeview!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Michael W

We started looking at wedding venues over a year and a half ago right after our engagement. We met with Megan Reeler initially when we decided that we wanted to have our wedding reception and ceremony at Lakeview. Over the year and a half we met with Lauren Thomas, our wedding... Read More planner numerous times to assure every detail of our wedding. She and her whole staff at Lakeview was nothing but accommodating to all of our requests. Lauren helped us so much planning our wedding up until the very end. Service at the resort was phenomenal. We had our ceremony on the 10th Tee of the Golf Course & the reception in Reflections Ballroom. The view from the reception overlooking the lake was the perfect addition to our special day. Lauren went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect. Kallie Nealis, our maître d' took care of us the whole night of the wedding along with all of the other servers. The vendors had worked with Lauren many times before and knew what needed to happen. I am so glad we chose this venue for our wedding because it truly is a beautiful place to share a special day. My advise to any newlyweds is that if you are looking for service and a beautiful venue to have your special day at, Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa/ Morgantown, WV is the place to have your wedding! Michael & Brian Boshinsky June 11, 2016

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Barbara S

Super professional. The wedding was an absolute gorgeous event! The staff and coordinators are top notch! I would highly recommend having a wedding at Lakeview Golf are sort and Spa.

Reviewed on 7/28/2016

Everything the day of our wedding was above and beyond what we expected! The staff were wonderful, Jillian (our wedding coordinator) was amazing and the venue was gorgeous! If you're looking for a place to have a reception and a stress free day, this is the place!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Kaitlin Justine B

Booked Lakeview for my wedding night because it was close to the reception venue. I stated that it was going to be the wedding night when booking but just asked for a king bed with nothing fancy as to not add cost. When we entered the room that they gave it sure was nothing... Read More fancy. There wasn't even a bed. The king bed was a pull out from the wall. Also very disappointed that there is no late night food options. We arrived shortly after 10 and there was no where to eat on property and no place that delivers.

2016-07-25T09:35:26 Response from the vendor

Dear Kaitlin, Thank you for letting us know of your experience. I'm sorry that it was not what either of us wanted. It is only through comments such as yours that we can gain insights and improve. I apologize that your experience was not as... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Kaylynn P

Lakeview did an amazing job!!! Lauren our wedding planner was wonderful!! She prepared everything and took care of all details just the way I wanted them!!! The location was perfect for our ceremony and reception as it was an easy transition from one to the other!!! All of the... Read More staff was welcoming and helpful!! The day was so perfect and I couldn't be happier!!! I would highly recommend this location for any future bride!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

Blair and Brandon Burns chose Lakeview Resort and Spa for their wedding and we couldn't be happier! From the first visit with wedding planner, Lauren Thomas, to the end of the reception, everything was perfect. The wedding outside on the golf course and the Reflections Room for... Read More the reception, provided the magical background for my Princess and her Prince Charming. All the guests are very complimentary, with one guest commenting on how Lakeview was 'more beautiful than Oakmont!' We chose to use preferred vendors, which made the planning so much easier. Zia Flowers, Tim Ray Photography, Ooh-la-la bakery, and Alex O'Neil have all worked with Lakeview to coordinate efforts and With Lauren's help, we planned the entire wedding and details in less than 6 months! Attention to detail can make or break an event, and Lauren and all the Lakeview staff wen above and beyond to make the day perfect. We have not heard one negative comment- not one! And friends and family are still taking about how perfect the wedding was. It was a perfect day (no rain!), thanks to Lauren and the Lakeview staff. We truly cannot thank you enough for a job well done!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Matt T

We worked with Lauren to plan our wedding day, and she was BEYOND helpful. She was thorough, attentive, meticulous, and readily available to answer any questions we had. Our wedding reception was absolutely perfect, and that's largely attributed to her hard work.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Julia B

Lakeview was a fantastic choice for us! We worked with Jillian. The literally did everything for us, all we had to do was show up! We had the ceremony in the library and the reception in the reflections room. They set up everything for us and did all the cleanup, the grounds... Read More were beautiful for pictures, service and staff were fantastic! I would recommend Lakeview to anyone in the area!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 joshua h

Lauren and I loved the entire weekend !! The wedding was beautiful, tucked away in the mountains with a view like no other. Lauren the Wedding Specialist was fantastic and easy to work with ! The Chestnut room was perfect and we had numerous compliments about the view from the... Read More deck. The resort and hotel rooms are older and could use some updating , but they were clean and kept well. The food was delicious and the pricing for everything we received was unbeatable. We had a great time and would recommend anyone there ! You can do a July wedding in the mountains next to a lake and have the day of your life !

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

Lauren and her staff are amazing. She spent countless hours with me and my mom making sure all of our questions were answered and taken care of-and we had a ton of questions for her! The entire staff at lakeview catered to our every need. The ceremony outside was beautiful and... Read More guests raved about the ceremony being right on the golf course. You really can't go wrong with booking your wedding at this location, they are all simply amazing!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

We chose Lakeview for our daughters wedding ceremony and reception because of all the amenities we recieved for the price. Lauren was great to work with! She put up with all my questions, and requests. And she decorated the rooms exactly as my daughter had visioned. We didnt... Read More have to do anything, she took care of everything. I cant even express how beautiful and perfect Lauren made it! Everything went perfectly, and it was an amazing day. I would HIGHLY recommend Lakeview and Lauren to anyone getting married.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Jennifer W

Lakeview is an amazing place to have a reception! I had to plan my wedding from out of town and they made everything go so smoothly. So many aspects of the reception are included in the package (a suite for the bride and groom the night of the wedding, food, drink, even the... Read More cake), it really helps cut down on the vendors you need to contact. Even for those not included in the package, they provide a list of recommended vendors, which is especially helpful for those of us like me who are planning the wedding from a different state. They were also very understanding about my limited availability since I was usually only in town on weekends or holidays - they arranged meetings with me on Saturdays, the day before Thanksgiving, and even on Memorial Day, when they were supposed to have the day off. The food is exquisite; we received endless compliments on it. My husband and I had an afternoon reception so we did an hors d'oeuvre menu and the guests couldn't get enough of the martini mash potato bar, coconut shrimp, and mini egg rolls. Lakeview also takes care of all the set up and tear down the day of the wedding, which alleviates so much stress from such a busy, important day. My husband and I worked with Jillian and she was so accommodating, helpful, and cheerful throughout the entire planning process and the day of the wedding. She took all of our requests in stride, including arranging a changing room for me to switch into a different dress for our first dance, making our dance floor bigger after we saw it the day before the wedding, arranging gluten-free and vegan meals for a few guests, finding high chairs for all our toddler guests, and even asking about arrangements to include our dog in some of our wedding photographs. I also didn't have time to figure out details of exactly how I wanted the room decorated, other than providing floral centerpieces, cake pops for our favors, and some artwork/signs; Jillian had told me I could draw up a diagram of exactly where I wanted everything or take pictures to give her to work from, but I ran out of time, so I told her she could just set up my decorations as she thought would be best - and the room looked AMAZING. She really filled out the tables by putting a mirror under the flowers and adding tea lights, and overall just did a spectacular job of arranging our decorations and making the room look bright, inviting, and high-quality. Throughout the entire reception, we received so many compliments from our guests about how smoothly everything ran and what a great experience the reception was for them. From start to finish, Lakeview made our reception experience better than I could have imagined. If I could give more than five stars, I definitely would.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Anna G

Dear future bride...BOOK LAKEVIEW! My now husband and I have been married for a grand total of 11 days. We both agree that Lakeview was the best decision we made during the whole process of wedding planning. Lauren and Jillian were fantastic and only an email away. No question... Read More was to odd or stupid for them. Thank you ladies!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Ciera G

Lauren was by far the most wonderful wedding specialist I could have asked for. She was all about making my vision of the "perfect wedding". I was so particular on where I wanted things and how I wanted them placed and her and her team could not have done a better job.... Read More Throughout the day she would constantly check on me and see if I needed anything. Even the hardest task of bustling my dress she stepped in to save the day! The food was amazing, the venue was amazing, and the staff was amazing. I couldn't thank her and Lakeview enough for how amazing they made my day!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Teresa A

Jillian and Lauren are both AMAZING!!! They made sure everything was perfect for our big day and had all the details laid out to make sure I didn't miss anything in my planning too! Be careful leaving things in the rooms where you get ready during the ceremony though if you... Read More have your ceremony there. When we went back to get it after the wedding it was not there...not sure if cleaning people threw it away or what happened but just keep that in mind. Otherwise the experience was awesome and I would most certainly recommend Lakeview! They made everything so easy and worry free!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Katie G

We had our wedding at Lakeview about 1 month ago. To be critical, the staff at LV does have some communication issues that could be improved upon. There were some hiccups along the way, but our wedding coordinator, Lauren, solved every minor issue we had. She does an awesome... Read More job, makes everything easy and organized and goes above and beyond for her brides. Jillian also helped us along the way and does a great job. Those girls definitely make LV look good! Thank you for making our special day awesome!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Ambroshia T

If you're looking for the perfect venue for your wedding... COME HERE!! Lakeview has everything you would want and more! My husband Tyler and I loved everything about Lakeview ! Within the first month of our engagement we looked for the perfect venue for our special day ..we... Read More looked at several places and then came to Lakeview. We knew Lakeview was the right place for us ! We wanted to have our ceremony outside and a nice plan B if it rained. We went with the reflections ballroom, that over looked the lake & had an old wooden library for cocktail hour (&our plan B). Luckily it didn't rain, it was a gorgeous day for the ceremony and pictures! They also take care of putting up decorations and taking them down. Lakeview also provided rooms for guest to stay in after the wedding so they didn't have to worry about driving home, it was especially nice for our out of town guest! Another reason why we loved Lakeview was because of our wedding speacialist Lauren Thomas! I felt that she went over and beyond to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be and more! She always made herself available to answer any questions we had. If you don't know exactly where to go for photography,dresses.. Anything, she knew all the great places to go. She was AMAZING! I had to do a sneak peek of the ballroom & library and it was more beautiful than we could ever imagine! I couldn't believe it was our wedding! She took care of every little detail, we didn't have to worry about a thing ! I felt so relaxed the day of the wedding. If you're looking for the perfect venue to have for your special day, Lakeview is it! Oh! & not to mention the food is to die for !!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Haleigh L

Lauren had been with us since day one and she is absolutely amazing! She's so easy to talk to, goes out of her way for you and truly cares about making your day as special as it can be. I am so thankful we chose this venue and had the opportunity of working with Lauren!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

I cannot thank Jillian and the staff at Lakeview enough for making my daughter's wedding absolutely wonderful! We received compliment after compliment on how beautiful the wedding was and how great the food was. This would not have been possible without Jillian and all the... Read More staff involved that day! I highly recommend Jillian and the staff at Lakeview if you are looking for venues! Again - thank you Jillian and the Lakeview Staff. You are AWESOME!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Meredith E

The staff at Lakeview made our fairytale wedding dreams come true. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner, Lauren. She was amazing and went above and beyond. She answered every question that we had and made sure everything was perfect. We will remember every aspect... Read More of our wedding day because she made sure it was just right. The hotel staff was so friendly, the bartenders and wait staff were amazing, the food was delicious, and the accommodations were great!! If you are thinking of having your wedding in Morgantown, choose Lakeview! They won't let you down!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Cori S

Attended a wedding reception at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa in Morgantown WV and left with a huge golf ball dent in the side of my new 2016 Mustang. Where I parked I figured it would be an OK area since the whole parking lot is surrounded by the golf course. There were no nets... Read More protecting the parking lot and management is giving us the run around about paying for the damage ($1100). I will never attend or have my wedding here with the respect of not wanting my guest to have to deal with this same issue and their terrible management.

Magical Wedding

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Domenica M

I can not express how happy I am of my whole Lakeview experience. Our wedding was elegant and beautiful. All three of the wedding planners that were involved with my wedding are amazing. They all have a special place in my heart from the relationship that we have built within... Read More the past year planning my wedding. They are so helpful and quick on anything that you would need. They truly make it a magical experience,exactly what every girl dreams about. Our ceremony and reception turned out perfect. The whole show went extremely smooth. All of the vendors they recommended were awesome as well. The kitchen staff went above and beyond preparing and serving our appetizers and meal. Overall, there entire staff are welcoming and friendly. They all work very well together. My husband and I are very pleased and would recommend Lakeview to anyone. Thank You Lakeview for making my wedding a dream come true!!

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Diandra W

Words cannot describe how happy my husband and I are with Lakeview. Lauren and Megan were the absolute best to work with and the staff was so professional and helpful. With the amount of weddings Lakeview holds, not once did I ever feel like we were just another wedding. They... Read More create such an amazing atmosphere that you know each and every wedding is special and unique not only to the bride and groom, but to Lakeview as well. Any question or concerned I had during the planning process was answered quickly and promptly. The day of went smoothly and even with the sucky forecast, we could not have asked for a more prefect day. We even got a double rainbow. You could not be in better hands with the staff from Lakeview. Lakeview has the experience and resources to make any dream wedding come true!