I Do At Lakeview

Spectacular views and impeccable service are trademark qualities of Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa. We offer a beautiful outdoor ceremony site, ballroom seating for up to 450 guests, Wedding Specialists will ensure every detail of your day is perfect and the packages include amazing amenities!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

One Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV

Lakeview is the best!!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Lindsey M

I had my reception at Lakeview on July 4th and it was the best decision I have ever made! Everyone that worked there was very knowledgeable, friendly, and willing to help out in any way possible. There are so many different wedding packages to meet your needs. What I... Read More personally loved was the fact that they literally take care of everything for you. The cake, food, reception rental, and linens are all included in your price. I went to Almost Heaven desserts to get my cake and all I had to say was, "I am a Lakeview Bride." The same goes for Elite Bridal for the linens, as well. It was so easy! All of the ballrooms are GORGEOUS. I recommend Reflections on the Lake Ballroom, which overlooks Cheat Lake. The "cocktail hour" was held in a beautiful library off from the room, with hardwood floors, bookshelves, and an inviting fireplace. Lauren was my wedding specialist and she was an absolute PLEASURE to work with. She made sure everything was taken care of for me so that I didn't have to worry about a thing! I would highly recommend her to any bride! The food for the reception was fantastic! When we went in for our testing, they treated us like royalty. We got to try all of the different foods (and take them home with us!). It was hard to choose because it was all so good, but we went with the fried chicken, pasta with meatballs, red potatoes, salad, rolls, and mixed vegetables. For the reception, Lauren as well as several other employees brought us (the bride and groom) our food from the buffet and even offered to get our parent's food for them, too! My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon suite the night of our wedding. All of the presents were brought up to the room for us, there were extra cookies on a plate, and Lauren left us a sweet note. I honestly believe my wedding day was truly memorable because of the kindness and dedication of the Lakeview staff. There's so much more I could say about how great of a job they did. You should definitely check them out! You won't be disappointed.

2015-07-22T08:02:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your experience and for leaving such wonderful compliments. We are delighted to hear that your wedding day was perfect! We were happy to be a part of your special day and those memories... Read Less Read More

Lakeview was perfect!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Sarah H

I just got married on July 18th and had my reception at lakeview. I cannot say enough how exceptional lakeview was. They have so many different ballroom and meal packages to cater to each bride's specific needs. Not only did lauren, my wedding specialist work with me along the... Read More way, but she was on top of it all with 3 or 4 other weddings going on that same weekend if I remember correctly. The special thing about lakeview is that they include just about everything in the price; from the cake, to all the linens and centerpieces. it was so nice not having to worry about any of that. From the moment I arrived, I felt taken care of by all the staff. They made sure they had snacks and drinks for the bridal party and they quickly and accurately met all our needs without question. The ballroom was absolutely stunning! I picked he chestnut ballroom with a balcony and it was perfect. Everything was set up just how I had wanted. Everyone said the food was wonderful and the decorations were like a dream. We were able to enjoy our wedding night because we knew that Lauren and the staff were taking care of everything and we didn't worry about anything. We especially loved the king jacuzzi suite we stayed in afterward! I will be certain to advise any bride I meet to choose lakeview for their venue. Thank you so much lakeview!

Absolutely amazing venue

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 Jess L

We just got married at Lakeview Resort earlier this week and we could not have been happier with both our ceremony and reception. We were lucky enough to squeeze our ceremony in in between rain showers. All the seats were dried off for our guests and everyone was shuttled back... Read More after before the rain started again. Our ceremony was quick and simply, but absolutely gorgeous. Our reception was beautiful, the service was great, and all of our guests said the food was fantastic. Most of all, we had a fabulous wedding coordinator. Lauren took care of everything. She was available for questions anytime, took care of setting up our reception which makes the day so much more relaxing, and made sure everything went perfectly. I would recommend Lakeview to any couple looking for beautiful venue with great service for a great price.

2015-07-22T07:59:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience. We are delighted to hear that your wedding day was wonderful! We were happy to be a part of your special day and those memories that will last forever. Come back and visit... Read Less Read More

Review Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

We are so happy that we picked Lakeview for our wedding. We planned a year in advance, and the staff at Lakeview helped us at every stage in the process. Megan, Lauren, and Rachel gave us loads of information and suggestions, were very responsive to emails, and made sure that... Read More every detail was perfect. We booked the Library and Reflections ballroom, and they were both stunning. The food was excellent and very nicely presented. I also loved that I could drop off the decorations and have them handle everything with the vendors--it made for a very low-stress and wonderful wedding day. The only hiccup that we encountered was that there was some confusion about the airport-to-Lakeview shuttle and how far in advance the shuttle needed to be booked. We seemed to get different responses depending on who we talked to. Other than that, everything went swimmingly. Overall, our friends and relatives had a great time, and I'd highly recommend Lakeview!

Best Wedding Coordinator Around!!!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 brooke n

My new husband and I are absolutely over the moon. Our wedding day turned out FLAWLESS, thanks to Lauren Thomas. She is absolutely the BEST wedding planner in the Morgantown, WV area. From the first meeting, to the final hours of our reception, Lauren was there making sure we... Read More had everything we needed! Lakeview and Lauren took care of every need and helped us through each step. They even directed us to vendors they work with. That way our flowers, linings, AND cake (seriously they paid for our cake) were included in the price. The vendors worked with Lakeview and Lauren before which made the whole process seamless. We will definitely be recommending Lakeview and Lauren to all of our friends.I only wish she did all event planning and not just weddings. I would go to her for any event I had!!! I can honestly say our wedding would not have been as perfect without her!!! Thank you so much Lauren! Love E&B

Great Location for a Reception

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

My bride and I loved our experience with Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa. The room our reception was held in was lovely and we had access to the balcony overlooking Cheat Lake. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating, ensuring that our reception went as smoothly as... Read More possible. Overall, we highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Malorie N

We worked with Lauren for our wedding on 8/8/15. She was so sweet and helpful! We did have a few bumps along the way. But, at the end of the day our wedding was perfect! Lakeview works so hard to ensure your big day (and the entire planning process) is a stress-free as possible!... Read More The food and service was amazing! The venue itself is very nice, clean, modern, and so convenient (since the hotel is also on-sight)! We were so happy with our decision to have our wedding at Lakeview! :)

Perfect August Wedding

Reviewed on 8/31/2015

Currently en route to our honeymoon after an amazingly perfect wedding at Lakeview Resort! We worked with Lauren Thomas, who was such a big help and more than willing to answer our seemingly endless questions and concerns. Within a day of contacting her, we booked the resort as... Read More our wedding venue, and from then on everything came together quick and easy. They were more than able to work within our budget, and we were able to pick and choose aspects that mattered to us as a couple. There was one small hitch with a matter of overpayment, but it was taken care of within a day after I brought it to their attention. And the day itself was just as we always imagined, if not even better!! We couldn't be happier with our decision to get married at Lakeview!!

Amazing Service and Staff

Reviewed on 8/21/2015

My husband and I got married on August 9th at Lakeview resort. We had our ceremony on the 10th tee and our reception in the Chestnut Ballroom. From the beginning of the process to the very end everything was flawless. Lauren made sure we had everything we needed, she explained... Read More everything in detail, and made sure to answer any question we had no matter how silly it was. I would recommend Lakeview to anyone! You and your guests will have such an amazing experience.

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Jordan M

I got married on New Year's Eve at Lakeview and it was everything I could have dreamed of and more. Our wedding coordinator, Lauren Thomas, went above and beyond for us! I definitely couldn't have gotten through the process without her. Every bride needs someone like Lauren when... Read More planning her wedding. From helping us stay at our budget..to helping me thoughout the whole process in general, how to do my invites and how many people should I sit at a table..she was honestly one of the best parts of choosing Lakeview as our venue. Not only was Lauren amazing but the chefs definitely rocked it out. The FOOD was amazing! My guests raved on and on about the food for days after the wedding and even to this day. The every staff member really made my guests and I (and even my other vendors) feel at home and catered to every need. I would recommend Lakeview a hundred times over! You won't find a place that will allow you to customize your wedding like Lakeview!

All in one

Reviewed on 8/04/2015

The best part about Lakeview resort was that for our guests who were all pretty much traveling from out of town we were able to have our whole wedding day here with beautiful view!! From the wedding to the reception to guests staying the night they were able to do so at... Read More Lakeview. All of the event staff were wonderful and very professional they helped us make a truly special day. The only issue we ran into throughout the whole experience was we had set up some of our decorations in the reception room the night before and the staff was unable to lock the room. Due to this our WVU football, which was to be part of the wedding was stolen an anonymous individual..... Overall though we had a great experience at Lakeview and with the Wedding specialist Lauren Thomas.

Wedding Review

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Katie W

Lakeview handled everything flawlessly! It was truly beautiful and the wedding specialists really made everything run smoothly so I could enjoy the day!

2015-06-17T09:45:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience. We are delighted to hear that your wedding day was amazing! We were happy to be a part of it. Come back and visit us soon. Sincerely, Rachel Bucklew Director of Catering

Love Lakeview!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

Lakeview is a great place for both the ceremony and reception, especially if you have family coming from far away, like we did! Everyone was very hospitable and did everything to keep everything on track to make our day perfect! If I had to do it over again, I would choose... Read More Lakeview time and time again!

2015-06-10T07:18:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience. We are thrilled to hear that your wedding day was a perfect day. We were happy to be a part of it. Come back and visit us soon. Sincerely, Rachel Bucklew Director of... Read Less Read More

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Becky S

We had our reception at Lakeview and had an absolutely outstanding experience! The wedding planners were accommodating to our every request and we could not have asked for a better experience. We very highly recommend Lakeview and their amazing staff!

2015-06-10T07:19:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience. We are thrilled to hear to that your wedding day was wonderful. We were happy to be a part of it. Come back and visit us soon. Sincerely, Rachel Bucklew Director of Catering

A Spectacular Wedding Day!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2015

Lakeview Resort was our second choice because we had to change the wedding date. However it turned out to be the better choice over all. Lakeview provided a Wedding Specialist, Lauren, who was wonderful, she took care of every little detail so my daughter (the Bride) and our... Read More family could just step back and enjoy the day. We actually added some personal touches throughout the day and Lauren took care of those as well. The venue was perfect, the food was great, set up was great, the outside wedding was fabulous, and the gazebo was beautiful. Lauren took very good care of my daughter throughout it all. My daughter told us her wedding, etc. was exactly the way she had always pictured it. Thank you Lauren and Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa!!

2015-06-10T07:21:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience. We are delighted to hear that you and your daughter were well taken care of on her special day. We are happy to have been a part of it. Come back and visit... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2015 adrianna e

Megan was my wedding specialist. She was absolutely amazing! Everyone one at Lakeview went above and beyond to help me make sure my day went flawlessly! I would highly recommend Lakeview. Not once did I ever cry angry tears, nothing but happy tears on my Big day. Thank you for... Read More everyone that made my day one I will always remember!

2015-04-28T14:29:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that your big day will always be a happy memory. It was our pleasure being a part of it. We hope to see you back at Lakeview in the future.

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 4/09/2015 Tabitha W

Our wedding was a great experience thanks to Lakeview! Everything went exactly as planned. I was expecting a stressful day, but instead everything went exactly as planned. Lauren was our Wedding Specialist and she made sure every detail was the exact way we discussed it.

2015-04-28T14:30:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that your special day went perfectly as planned. It was our pleasure being a part of it. We hope to see you back at Lakeview in the future.

Reviewed on 3/12/2015 Jen W

My wedding at Lakeview was a wonderful experience. The staff and my wedding coordinator was at my fingertips helping me and assuring my day was perfect and ran smoothly. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Lakeview Resort is perfect for a Morgantown wedding!

Reviewed on 2/12/2015 Brittany S

My wedding was here in June 2014. Lakeview went above and beyond to make sure my wedding was perfect from the rehearsal until the morning after brunch. Everything was so organized and went so smooth. They accommodated a large group, most of who we're staying at the hotel and any... Read More last minute requests or changes we had. The outside venue is amazing as well as the reception ballrooms. I highly recommend Lakeview for a Morgantown, WV wedding!

Howley Fedan wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

I sent a review earlier but forgot my email address so it's a second review. Lakeview was fabulous from planning the wedding to after the ceremony. Wedding specialists were very helpful, the food was great and I couldn't have been more pleased My daughter was the bride and... Read More lived across the country so I did most of the planning. Guests were pleased with accommodations. Lauren was our specialist and did a fine job

My perfect day

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Rachel B

I had my wedding at Lakeview on May 25, 2014. From the search for my venue until the day we left for our honeymoon, it was a perfect experience. After comparing other local venues, Lakeview was the most helpful and easy to reach for answers to our questions when trying to shop... Read More for our wedding location. The Lakeview Wedding Specialists made our decision easy. They guided me through my entire planning process with answers to every question from menu recommendations to wedding vendor suggestions. It was comforting knowing I could trust them since they specialize in weddings and have so much experience to offer. My Wedding day was absolutely perfect. I had my ceremony there as well. They made arrangements for a room for me and my bridal party to get ready that day. I was able to relax and enjoy my day while taking advantage of the Spa on property to get my hair and makeup done. All while the Wedding Specialists were setting up and decorating my room, greeting my florist, DJ, cake baker, etc They took care of all of those details so I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day. All of my guests were able to enjoy our wedding day with the ceremony and reception all in one place as well as a room to stay in after a night of celebrating. It was comforting knowing my guests didn't have to stress about anything either. Just show up and all our events were there in the same venue. The Wedding Specialists got my groom and minister to where they needed to be at the right time and then once all the guests were seated they came to get me down the aisle. After our ceremony we got the most amazing photos on the beautiful green golf course! Our reception was amazing. The Lakeview staff provided superb service to us and our guests and our dinner was better than I could have imagined. Our guests are still talking about how great our food was and how delicious our cake was from Lakeview's preferred baker The Cupcakerie. I never realized how important those comments from my guests would be until after the wedding was over. After all the planning for a year, those comments and memories made are what I hold on to. I would recommend Lakeview to all brides out there looking for your perfect and stress-free Wedding venue.

Howley Fedan Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

My daughter was married at Lakeview resort in Morgantown WV last Saturday. Because she lives in Seattle and wanted a West Virginia wedding I did most of the planning and decision making since I live there. The staff at Lakeview were fabulous throughout the planning and actual... Read More ceremony. Most of the guests were from across the country and stayed at the resort and were pleased with the accommodations. The food was excellent and a grand time was had by all. I was especially pleased with Lauren, our wedding specialist, who was with us every step of the way. Lakeview helped us create a truly wonderful memory

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Erin K

My husband and I recently got married at Lakeview on October 11. Our experience there was fantastic! We booked our venue back in March of 2013 and everything from that moment on was great. Every time we went to make a payment, ask a question, or choose something for our special... Read More day we were welcomed with open arms and smiles. Our wedding specialist, Lauren, was amazing. She made my life as the bride so easy. I told her what I envisioned for the wedding and she made all my dreams come true and then some. Our wedding was beyond perfect and this was largely due to the staff at Lakeview. From the food, decor, employees and everything in between, Lakeview was the ideal place for my beautiful fall wedding. I highly recommend this venue to any future bride and groom for a gorgeous wedding and fantastic wedding planning experience.

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

We had our wedding ceremony and reception outside on the 10th tee. Everything was perfect and just the way I had pictured and hoped it would be. The coordinator did an excellent job keeping us happy and staying on top of everything! I would recommend this venue! Our guests... Read More all raved about how amazing everything was from the food to the setting :-)

wedding at lakeview

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Natasha S

The food was under cooked and some over cooked...they rush everything from the cake cutting to taking and putting your centerpieces away...my ceremony started 30 minslate. FoOd was hour behind. I dont recommend this place they take on to many weddings for one day and are just in... Read More a hurry!

Meet The Coordinator

Lauren Thomas

Lauren has been with Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa for two years in the Wedding Department. She is extremely passionate about weddings and absolutely loves her job! Lauren's ultimate goal is to ensure a stress-free wedding day and strives for perfection.

TO Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa