Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

One Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV

Reviewed on 7/18/2016

My daughter and I have been working with Lakeview Resort and preparing for her wedding since May of last year. In the last several months, we’ve been in complete communication with Jillian Swartz. From the beginning she has kept us informed and up to date on anything that we... Read More may or have not thought of. We arrived at Lakeview on Friday, July 15, 2016, the day before the wedding for our rehearsal. We were met at the front desk by Jillian as soon as she was notified we had arrived. She greeted us with the most bubbly of personalities and was helpful with showing us where we needed to be and when. As the day continued on, I noticed that as the rest of the party started arriving, she was always at the front to welcome them and help with all their needs - again with the same enthusiasm. On the day of the wedding that started at 4:30, I spent a good amount of time walking off my nervous energy around the venue where the preparations were being made and there was Jillian working on decorations and coordinating with the bride and her and her maids to make sure everything was in order. As the ceremony began, Jillian was there with her smiles and keeping calm and order while the rest of us were feeling the anxiety of this special occasion. The ceremony and reception area were both beautifully put together and well decorated. As the reception began I was welcomed by another lady, Toni (I cannot remember her last name). The very delicious appetizers and food were served by a very well-staffed and friendly crew making sure that everyone’s needs were being met. As I completed my meal, there was Jillian with her friendly smile handing me a cold beverage. Jillian, along with the staff made this wedding as perfect as any could be for my daughter. I have had so many great comments from most all the 190 attendees that this was one of the best weddings they have been too. I’m sure that you will be seeing some of these people back to Lakeview Resort when time for their weddings and I will make sure they will know to ask for Jillian Swartz.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Jessica C

Lakeview is amazing!!! Lauren Thomas helped my husband and I with our wedding there. She is AMAZING!!! I would email her at any hour of the day and night and always get a fast response. She is so helpful and creative with details and kept me sane on the wedding day. She truly... Read More helped make our day special with decorating and doing anything I needed to make sure our day was perfect. I highly recommend Lauren and Lakeview for your wedding! Lakeview itself is a beautiful venue. I was married in the Library and the Reflections on the Lake ballroom. It was gorgeous!! The staff is fabulous and friendly. They decorated the venue for me and it was stunning. I could not have been more happy with how it turned out. The service was wonderful, they were on their A-game all evening making sure all went smoothly and taking care of anything that needed done. A glass was broken on the dance floor and before I could turn around to find someone they were already out cleaning it up. The food was absolutely delicious and you got a ton! Overall an amazing, A++ experience at Lakeview!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Michael W

We started looking at wedding venues over a year and a half ago right after our engagement. We met with Megan Reeler initially when we decided that we wanted to have our wedding reception and ceremony at Lakeview. Over the year and a half we met with Lauren Thomas, our wedding... Read More planner numerous times to assure every detail of our wedding. She and her whole staff at Lakeview was nothing but accommodating to all of our requests. Lauren helped us so much planning our wedding up until the very end. Service at the resort was phenomenal. We had our ceremony on the 10th Tee of the Golf Course & the reception in Reflections Ballroom. The view from the reception overlooking the lake was the perfect addition to our special day. Lauren went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect. Kallie Nealis, our maître d' took care of us the whole night of the wedding along with all of the other servers. The vendors had worked with Lauren many times before and knew what needed to happen. I am so glad we chose this venue for our wedding because it truly is a beautiful place to share a special day. My advise to any newlyweds is that if you are looking for service and a beautiful venue to have your special day at, Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa/ Morgantown, WV is the place to have your wedding! Michael & Brian Boshinsky June 11, 2016

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Amanda B

I had my wedding at lake view in September. Overall, the whole thing went fine. Everyone had fun but there definable could've been improvements. First, there was one waitress working our reception dinner at their restaurant for about 30 people. Therefore, food never came,... Read More several were over-cooked, some were finishing up dinner when others hadn't even received anything at all. Next, my program board never made it to my ceremony outside, then after the ceremony we were not allowed to take photos at the gazebo decorated because they were stripping our decorations to set up for the next wedding (my ceremony wasn't unusually long or anything). I had a cute sign and Chinese lantern that I was excited to let off at dusk to make for cute photos.. I kept asking where they were and they were no where to be seen.. finally the girl in charge left and found them somewhere in the building at which point it was beyond dark.. we still let them off but was just a little disappointed.. when we went to pick up our decorations the next day in someone's office it appeared they were just thrown in the rooms and some of the decorations were never found.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Emily L

Such a great experience. Lakeview is a little pricey but for what you get it's worth it. Our food was absolutely delicious and the convienence of not having to decorate and clean up was so relieving. I would 100% recommend lakeview for any event!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Ali M

Lakeview was so wonderful! Beautiful venue, great food, and amazing staff. My wedding was as stress free as possible and turned out even better than I could have imagined

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Toni K

April 30th was a special day and All was made possible by Lauren Thomas and the staff at the Lakeview. From the time we arrived until our event was completed it was Awesome. We could not ask for more helpful people and always trying their best to help. It was very comfortable.... Read More Seem Like they were part of our event, family.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Pam E

Our Daughter's Fairytale Wedding (April 30, 2016) A year and a half ago our daughter and her fiancé decided to have a "destination" wedding at Lakeview Golf Resort located on Cheat Lake near Morgantown, WV. They were both graduates of WVU and the area held a special place in... Read More their hearts. Having already coordinated a destination wedding for our oldest daughter only ten months earlier, we were a little overwhelmed to plan another. We planned a visit to Lakeview and met with Lauren Thomas, the resort's wedding coordinator. Lauren immediately made us feel at ease. She answered all of our questions, was extremely accommodating, and our favorite answer was, "I'll take care of that, you need to enjoy the day"! She was right. From the front desk staff to the reception servers we could not have been more pleased. The wedding space, the food, and the accommodations were exceptional. All of our guest were able to stay on site. The bridal party had hair, makeup, and mani/ pedi's at the nearby salon,spa. The groomsmen and friends enjoyed golf at the onsite golf courses. The rehearsal dinner was held onsite as well as the ceremony and reception. Guests were also treated to a Sunday morning breakfast. Lauren and the Lakeview staff coordinated everything. We did,indeed, "enjoy the day" as well as the weekend. Thank you Lauren for making our daughter's wedding weekend memorable for all who attended. As John Denver sang, "Almost Heaven, West Virginia"!! Pam and Fred Edwards

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 J. K

Lakeview was the most incredible experience, I couldn't have asked for better wedding coordinators! Lauren and Jillian went above and beyond my expectations and are solely to thank for my day being perfect.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Amanda S

We had both our ceremony and reception at lakeview and they both were amazing! Lauren and the staff were very helpful and accomidating. She was there for any questions we had through the planning process. Everything was so beautiful thanks to Lakeview and our chosen vendors!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Jess B

Lakeview was the best choice in terms of venues. The grounds are beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff is extremely dedicated to making your wedding a success. They worked with every request I had (and I had quite a lot). Jillian and Lauren are fantastic wedding... Read More specialists. They are so nice, smart, and always kept the line of communication open. The price is very fair for everything they offer: venue, set-up, tear-down, food, cake, drink. Lakeview was one of the best decisions I made about my wedding (besides, you know, the groom). :)

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 JeanMarie J

Lauren, our wedding planner, was amazing! The banquet room was perfect and everything was in order so I did not have to worry. We had the Honor Guard at our wedding and it was coordinated perfectly. Completely worth the cost!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Barbara S

Super professional. The wedding was an absolute gorgeous event! The staff and coordinators are top notch! I would highly recommend having a wedding at Lakeview Golf are sort and Spa.

Reviewed on 7/28/2016

Everything the day of our wedding was above and beyond what we expected! The staff were wonderful, Jillian (our wedding coordinator) was amazing and the venue was gorgeous! If you're looking for a place to have a reception and a stress free day, this is the place!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Kaitlin Justine B

Booked Lakeview for my wedding night because it was close to the reception venue. I stated that it was going to be the wedding night when booking but just asked for a king bed with nothing fancy as to not add cost. When we entered the room that they gave it sure was nothing... Read More fancy. There wasn't even a bed. The king bed was a pull out from the wall. Also very disappointed that there is no late night food options. We arrived shortly after 10 and there was no where to eat on property and no place that delivers.

2016-07-25T09:35:26 Response from the vendor

Dear Kaitlin, Thank you for letting us know of your experience. I'm sorry that it was not what either of us wanted. It is only through comments such as yours that we can gain insights and improve. I apologize that your experience was not as... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Kaylynn P

Lakeview did an amazing job!!! Lauren our wedding planner was wonderful!! She prepared everything and took care of all details just the way I wanted them!!! The location was perfect for our ceremony and reception as it was an easy transition from one to the other!!! All of the... Read More staff was welcoming and helpful!! The day was so perfect and I couldn't be happier!!! I would highly recommend this location for any future bride!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

Blair and Brandon Burns chose Lakeview Resort and Spa for their wedding and we couldn't be happier! From the first visit with wedding planner, Lauren Thomas, to the end of the reception, everything was perfect. The wedding outside on the golf course and the Reflections Room for... Read More the reception, provided the magical background for my Princess and her Prince Charming. All the guests are very complimentary, with one guest commenting on how Lakeview was 'more beautiful than Oakmont!' We chose to use preferred vendors, which made the planning so much easier. Zia Flowers, Tim Ray Photography, Ooh-la-la bakery, and Alex O'Neil have all worked with Lakeview to coordinate efforts and With Lauren's help, we planned the entire wedding and details in less than 6 months! Attention to detail can make or break an event, and Lauren and all the Lakeview staff wen above and beyond to make the day perfect. We have not heard one negative comment- not one! And friends and family are still taking about how perfect the wedding was. It was a perfect day (no rain!), thanks to Lauren and the Lakeview staff. We truly cannot thank you enough for a job well done!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Matt T

We worked with Lauren to plan our wedding day, and she was BEYOND helpful. She was thorough, attentive, meticulous, and readily available to answer any questions we had. Our wedding reception was absolutely perfect, and that's largely attributed to her hard work.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Julia B

Lakeview was a fantastic choice for us! We worked with Jillian. The literally did everything for us, all we had to do was show up! We had the ceremony in the library and the reception in the reflections room. They set up everything for us and did all the cleanup, the grounds... Read More were beautiful for pictures, service and staff were fantastic! I would recommend Lakeview to anyone in the area!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 joshua h

Lauren and I loved the entire weekend !! The wedding was beautiful, tucked away in the mountains with a view like no other. Lauren the Wedding Specialist was fantastic and easy to work with ! The Chestnut room was perfect and we had numerous compliments about the view from the... Read More deck. The resort and hotel rooms are older and could use some updating , but they were clean and kept well. The food was delicious and the pricing for everything we received was unbeatable. We had a great time and would recommend anyone there ! You can do a July wedding in the mountains next to a lake and have the day of your life !

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

I would recommend working with Lauren at lakeview! She made everything perfect on the most stressful day! We had a perfect wedding and everyone had a wonderful time

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

We chose Lakeview for our daughters wedding ceremony and reception because of all the amenities we recieved for the price. Lauren was great to work with! She put up with all my questions, and requests. And she decorated the rooms exactly as my daughter had visioned. We didnt... Read More have to do anything, she took care of everything. I cant even express how beautiful and perfect Lauren made it! Everything went perfectly, and it was an amazing day. I would HIGHLY recommend Lakeview and Lauren to anyone getting married.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Jennifer W

Lakeview is an amazing place to have a reception! I had to plan my wedding from out of town and they made everything go so smoothly. So many aspects of the reception are included in the package (a suite for the bride and groom the night of the wedding, food, drink, even the... Read More cake), it really helps cut down on the vendors you need to contact. Even for those not included in the package, they provide a list of recommended vendors, which is especially helpful for those of us like me who are planning the wedding from a different state. They were also very understanding about my limited availability since I was usually only in town on weekends or holidays - they arranged meetings with me on Saturdays, the day before Thanksgiving, and even on Memorial Day, when they were supposed to have the day off. The food is exquisite; we received endless compliments on it. My husband and I had an afternoon reception so we did an hors d'oeuvre menu and the guests couldn't get enough of the martini mash potato bar, coconut shrimp, and mini egg rolls. Lakeview also takes care of all the set up and tear down the day of the wedding, which alleviates so much stress from such a busy, important day. My husband and I worked with Jillian and she was so accommodating, helpful, and cheerful throughout the entire planning process and the day of the wedding. She took all of our requests in stride, including arranging a changing room for me to switch into a different dress for our first dance, making our dance floor bigger after we saw it the day before the wedding, arranging gluten-free and vegan meals for a few guests, finding high chairs for all our toddler guests, and even asking about arrangements to include our dog in some of our wedding photographs. I also didn't have time to figure out details of exactly how I wanted the room decorated, other than providing floral centerpieces, cake pops for our favors, and some artwork/signs; Jillian had told me I could draw up a diagram of exactly where I wanted everything or take pictures to give her to work from, but I ran out of time, so I told her she could just set up my decorations as she thought would be best - and the room looked AMAZING. She really filled out the tables by putting a mirror under the flowers and adding tea lights, and overall just did a spectacular job of arranging our decorations and making the room look bright, inviting, and high-quality. Throughout the entire reception, we received so many compliments from our guests about how smoothly everything ran and what a great experience the reception was for them. From start to finish, Lakeview made our reception experience better than I could have imagined. If I could give more than five stars, I definitely would.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Anna G

Dear future bride...BOOK LAKEVIEW! My now husband and I have been married for a grand total of 11 days. We both agree that Lakeview was the best decision we made during the whole process of wedding planning. Lauren and Jillian were fantastic and only an email away. No question... Read More was to odd or stupid for them. Thank you ladies!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Ciera G

Lauren was by far the most wonderful wedding specialist I could have asked for. She was all about making my vision of the "perfect wedding". I was so particular on where I wanted things and how I wanted them placed and her and her team could not have done a better job.... Read More Throughout the day she would constantly check on me and see if I needed anything. Even the hardest task of bustling my dress she stepped in to save the day! The food was amazing, the venue was amazing, and the staff was amazing. I couldn't thank her and Lakeview enough for how amazing they made my day!