Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa

Morgantown, WV

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa

A BALLROOM IN MORGANTOWN, WV

Located in Morgantown, West Virginia, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is a choice location with all of the comforts and amenities couples could desire for their wedding day. As the winner of multiple awards for wedding service, including The Knot's own Best of Weddings 2016 accolade, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is a clear choice for couples wishing to plan an all-inclusive wedding in the picturesque West Virginia mountainside. From intimate to elaborate, it is the ideal destination for weddings of any size or style.

Reflections on the Lake Ballroom. Lakeview's premier ballroom, Reflections on the Lake offers couples and their guests brilliant views of Cheat Lake through expansive wall-to-wall windows along one side. Full of charming details, like a working fireplace, wood flooring and parlor decor, Reflections on the Lake is a charming backdrop for wedding receptions of any style.

Governor's Ballroom. The largest ballroom at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, the Governor's Ballroom is an excellent choice for larger weddings, as it can accommodate up to 400 guests. With an adjoining patio that's ideal for a cocktail hour before the reception starts, the Governor's Ballroom is a versatile space that can suit a variety of functions.

The Chestnut Ballroom is renovated and offers couples a cool, modern space for up to 200 guests. With stunning views of Cheat Lake and an adjoining deck area for celebrating indoors and out, the Chestnut Ballroom is a top pick for summer weddings.

The University Hall is a great choice for wedding receptions of up to 250 people. This room features classic elements, like a dance floor and chandeliers, lending it a romantic air any time of the year.

10th Tee. A stunning outdoor option for celebrating a wedding ceremony on the green, the 10th Tee is a place to say "I do" in front of up to 400 of your friends and family members. With a charming gazebo backdrop, both the ceremony and wedding photographs are sure to be stunningly gorgeous at this location.

Couples who choose to celebrate their weddings at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa are in for a real treat with the available wedding packages and professional wedding consultants to help plan every step along the way. Brides and grooms who have married at the venue rave about the personalized service offered there and it's not hard to see why. With packages that accommodate venue setup, catering, vendor coordination and on-site services for couples and their guests, it is committed to helping couples achieve their dream weddings.

The catering at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa can be tailored to suit any taste preferences. With multiple tiers of dinner service from which to choose, couples can pull out all of the stops with gourmet hors d'oeuvres and dinner service at the reception. Choose from starters like spanakopita and beef hibachi skewers and then move onto delicious entrees including filet mignon and pan-seared salmon with plenty of choices for side dishes. Celebrate with a toast and finish off the celebration with a personalized wedding cake.

Wedding packages booked at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa come complete with plenty of perks for couples and their guests. The following features come standard with any wedding package:

• Champagne toast with strawberry accent
  • Traditional wedding cake
  • Centerpieces
  • Table numbers with stands
  • White linen tablecloths and napkins
  • Traditional head table or sweetheart table, cake table and gift table
  • Parquet dance floors
  • Maître d' service

I Do At Lakeview

Spectacular views and impeccable service are trademark qualities of Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa. We offer a beautiful outdoor ceremony site, ballroom seating for up to 400 guests, Wedding Specialists will ensure every detail of your day is perfect and the packages include amazing amenities!

Commitment Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

One Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV (304) 594-9435
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/18/2016

My daughter and I have been working with Lakeview Resort and preparing for her wedding since May of last year. In the last several months, we’ve been in complete communication with Jillian Swartz. From the beginning she has kept us informed and up to date on anything that we... Read More may or have not thought of. We arrived at Lakeview on Friday, July 15, 2016, the day before the wedding for our rehearsal. We were met at the front desk by Jillian as soon as she was notified we had arrived. She greeted us with the most bubbly of personalities and was helpful with showing us where we needed to be and when. As the day continued on, I noticed that as the rest of the party started arriving, she was always at the front to welcome them and help with all their needs - again with the same enthusiasm. On the day of the wedding that started at 4:30, I spent a good amount of time walking off my nervous energy around the venue where the preparations were being made and there was Jillian working on decorations and coordinating with the bride and her and her maids to make sure everything was in order. As the ceremony began, Jillian was there with her smiles and keeping calm and order while the rest of us were feeling the anxiety of this special occasion. The ceremony and reception area were both beautifully put together and well decorated. As the reception began I was welcomed by another lady, Toni (I cannot remember her last name). The very delicious appetizers and food were served by a very well-staffed and friendly crew making sure that everyone’s needs were being met. As I completed my meal, there was Jillian with her friendly smile handing me a cold beverage. Jillian, along with the staff made this wedding as perfect as any could be for my daughter. I have had so many great comments from most all the 190 attendees that this was one of the best weddings they have been too. I’m sure that you will be seeing some of these people back to Lakeview Resort when time for their weddings and I will make sure they will know to ask for Jillian Swartz.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Jessica C

Lakeview is amazing!!! Lauren Thomas helped my husband and I with our wedding there. She is AMAZING!!! I would email her at any hour of the day and night and always get a fast response. She is so helpful and creative with details and kept me sane on the wedding day. She truly... Read More helped make our day special with decorating and doing anything I needed to make sure our day was perfect. I highly recommend Lauren and Lakeview for your wedding! Lakeview itself is a beautiful venue. I was married in the Library and the Reflections on the Lake ballroom. It was gorgeous!! The staff is fabulous and friendly. They decorated the venue for me and it was stunning. I could not have been more happy with how it turned out. The service was wonderful, they were on their A-game all evening making sure all went smoothly and taking care of anything that needed done. A glass was broken on the dance floor and before I could turn around to find someone they were already out cleaning it up. The food was absolutely delicious and you got a ton! Overall an amazing, A++ experience at Lakeview!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Michael W

We started looking at wedding venues over a year and a half ago right after our engagement. We met with Megan Reeler initially when we decided that we wanted to have our wedding reception and ceremony at Lakeview. Over the year and a half we met with Lauren Thomas, our wedding... Read More planner numerous times to assure every detail of our wedding. She and her whole staff at Lakeview was nothing but accommodating to all of our requests. Lauren helped us so much planning our wedding up until the very end. Service at the resort was phenomenal. We had our ceremony on the 10th Tee of the Golf Course & the reception in Reflections Ballroom. The view from the reception overlooking the lake was the perfect addition to our special day. Lauren went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect. Kallie Nealis, our maître d' took care of us the whole night of the wedding along with all of the other servers. The vendors had worked with Lauren many times before and knew what needed to happen. I am so glad we chose this venue for our wedding because it truly is a beautiful place to share a special day. My advise to any newlyweds is that if you are looking for service and a beautiful venue to have your special day at, Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa/ Morgantown, WV is the place to have your wedding! Michael & Brian Boshinsky June 11, 2016

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Katharyn H

Lakeview was the perfect place for our wedding! I can not thank Jillian enough for all that she did and helped with to make our special day perfect. Everyone at Lakeview was very accommodating and helping in every way, and they all did it with a courteous smile! Jillian helped... Read More us think of things we never would have considered as she worked with us in planning our wedding. Would definitely recommend to any couple getting married in the Morgantown area - everything was spectacular!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Amber U

Lakeview was amazing! We would not have been able to have a more perfect wedding if it weren't for Lauren and their wonderful event staff. Lauren was great throughout the whole process and promptly answered all of our questions. Someone was always there to make sure that... Read More everything was going smoothly at the wedding and reception so we did not have to worry about anything. Someone also made sure that we had all the drinks or anything we needed throughout the entire event. The food was absolutely delicious! All of our guests enjoyed it. We do wish that our food was left on the table a little longer at the reception! We got full quickly, so we took a break to say hi to some guests and our food was gone before we got back to it. We do also wish that we had been served a slice of our wedding cake or that a piece had been left at our table for us because we had been looking forward to it for months and only got the little bit that we fed to each other when we cut it. Overall though, we could not be happier with how it all turned out. It was truly perfect.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Amanda M

We are very glad we chose Lakeview for our wedding reception venue! Our wedding coordinator, Jillian, did a wonderful job ensuring that our special day went smoothly. We had several meetings and even more emails (all of which she answered happily!) figuring out details of the... Read More planning. Jillian made sure our planning was brought to life on our wedding day from decor to coordination of the day's events. Lakeview set up our decor and tore it down after, had beautiful areas to take photos, and allowed our guests to stay on site after our reception. It was a wonderful day and we thank Lakeview and our coordinator, Jillian, for playing such a large role.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Julissa G

I'm so glad we had our wedding at Lake View!! Our wedding specialist, Jillian, did an incredible job and was always so kind despite my countless emails! lol Everything was so beautiful and the staff was so awesome making sure we had everything we needed! Great venue, great food,... Read More and great service! We couldn't have asked for better! Thank you so much Lakeview for everything. Our wedding was beautiful and perfect!! 😊👌

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Maria & Kyle C

From the day we had our initial consultation, to the wee hours of the night that were danced away, Lakeview was absolutely perfect! Lauren and her team at Lakeview were there for us every step of the way! The accommodations, the personal touches, and the hospitality that were... Read More given made the planning process and our wedding that much better. Our day could not have been more perfect! The golf course was stunning, the food was delicious, and the staff was very supportive. If you are looking for somewhere that will help you every step of the way, consider Lakeview! Thank you Lauren and Lakeview, from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Mary V

We are so happy we got married at Lakeview! Everything was just perfect! Lauren and the Lakeview crew took care of every detail and made our wedding so special. Our planning process was very easy, and Lauren was able to take our vision and make it become real. We would highly... Read More recommend Lakeview to other couples planning their wedding!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Rachel W

Lakeview was an excellent venue for our wedding. Our guests were able to stay at the venue, catering is offered as well as a wonderful wedding planner. Our wedding planner, Lauren, was hands down the best thing about Lakeview. She is very sweet, organized and genuine. A real... Read More pleasure to work with. I can say I have no regrets about our choice in venues! Good luck to other couples planning their weddings! :)

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Charleigh S

We had our ceremony and reception at Lakeview. Everything was absolutely perfect. The food was amazing and Lauren Thomas (our wedding specialist) was absolutely incredible throughout our entire planning process. We were so thankful that they handled set up and clean up for both... Read More the ceremony and reception. We opted for the 3 hour open bar with call brand liquor. Bartenders and servers were incredibly polite and pleasant. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Christina H

My wedding day on May 6, 2017 was amazing thanks to Lauren, Jillian, and the rest of Lakeview Resort Staff!! From the very beginning Lauren helped me through everything and kept me on track with what all I needed to do. Lakeview has wedding vendor showcase events so it was a... Read More one stop shop for me to meet all of the cake bakers, DJ's, florist, photographers, etc. Also, many vendors offered specials for attending a Lakeview wedding showcase as well! So booking my vendors was a breeze! I didn't have to worry about a cater since Lakeview has an amazing chef! I booked Ooh La La as my cake baker and everyone is still talking about how great my cake tasted. Anytime I emailed Lauren or Jillian I got a fast response. The day of the wedding Lauren and Jillian made sure everything was running smoothly and I didn't have to worry about anything. Lakeview staff set up my reception and ceremony hall and I got to get ready with my bridesmaids and relax a little before the fun began. Throughout the night all of Lakeview staff made sure I had everything I needed! At the end of the night Lakeview cleans everything up so I could head back to my room and relax. Everyone told me they had a great time! I highly recommend Lakeview Resort for a wedding venue, or for any event, they are great!! Thank you so much Lauren, Jillian, and Lakeview Resort staff!!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Alicia S

Lakeview was perfect! My husband and I were married 4/22/17. From the very beginning Lauren Thomas was our coordinator and she was absolutely wonderful! I could email her at anytime of the day for anything and she would always have a quick response! She solved any problem or... Read More question with ease during the wedding planning process. On our wedding weeked Lauren immediately helped with everything from unloaded the car to calming down my nerves! She always knew the right thing to say to make me feel at ease! We had our rehearsal at Lakeview, Lauren ran it smoothly and we had a lovely dinner. On wedding day, Lauren was hard at work making sure everything was perfect! And it was!! We were supposed to have the ceremony at the 10th Tee but it rained that day, so we had it in the Library and the reception in the Reflections on the Lake ballroom. Everything turned out absolutely gorgeous! Lauren did a fantastic job making sure the day was flawless! The service and the food was great, and all of our guests said this was one of the best weddings they have ever been to! Overall Lakeview and Lauren did an amazing job and I would 100% highly recommend them!! -Alicia and Brandon 4/22/17

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Kristen N

My husband and I got married October 22, 2016. Everything went smoothly. I am a very type A personality and like to have control of the situation. When it came to our wedding, I felt relieved putting the control in Lauren's hands. She was very thorough and helpful when I had... Read More questions. The wedding was supposed to be outside but there had been wet weather which caused it to be too cold to be outside. We were lucky enough to move the ceremony to the Library. I was so nervous because I didn't have many decorations because I was counting on the beautiful foliage. Thank goodness for the staff at Lakeview because they made what little I had, go a far way. It was gorgeous and the guests never knew any different.

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Alexandra H

Lakeview was amazing!!!!!!! I'm super late on this review, but had to share! We were married on October 29, 2016 and I have to say I had not one doubt it would be perfect! We worked with Lauren and if there were ever any worries, she immediately gave us the game plan for how... Read More everything would be! They catered to our every need. Our guests RAVED about the food and overall service! A lot of our guests stayed and they all had a blast! Our reception was in the Reflections on the Lake Ballroom and I will say that dropping off all the decorations and seeing how Lauren and the staff brought our vision to life was amazing! We had only one small problem with missing an add on for food, but Lakeview made sure the issue was resolved and we didn't even mind! Everyone is still telling us how beautiful the venue was and what a blast they had! We will never forget our special day and I definitely recommend Lakeview when anyone asks!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Catie E

LAKEVIEW!!!!!!! All I can say was I was blown away. The professionalism in itself was amazing. Lauren was our wedding specialist and I can truly say that day would not have run as smoothly as it did without her. The level of communication through the process makes you feel... Read More confident in the hectic but wonderul day to come. The staff they had working the event were just as professional and amazing. I cant remember how many times I was checked on : ) They make everything so special! All of our guests enjoyed themselves and that wad a huge deal for us. We wanted our friends and family to be comfortable celebrating with us.Of course cost does come into play it is so worth every penny and you get more for you money with Lakeview because of the great people and knowing your day will be everything you dreamed of!!!! 100% 2 thumbs up!!! Thank you so much Lakeview!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Emily R

I cannot praise the team at Lakeview enough! Jillian, our wedding coordinator was always quick to answer my endless questions and reassure me about anything and everything. The day of our wedding (March 18th), she checked in on me several times before the actual ceremony, making... Read More sure I had everything that I needed (including a mimosa), she made sure that the ceremony went on flawlessly and then followed myself and the groom around providing us with drinks and a helping hand throughout the whole picture taking process. Even after she left for the night, the rest of the staff made sure that anything and everything was taken care of, including leaving a bottle of sparkling wine and a plate of fruit in our bridal suite. If you are looking for top-notch service and a great location with a wonderful staff, look no further than Lakeview!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Brianna F

If you're looking for a stress-free, beautiful wedding venue, lakeview is the perfect place! They took care of everything the day of the wedding including setting up decorations just how I wanted them and took all of the gifts to our room afterwards. We worked with Jillian for... Read More about a year and she was always right there to answer all of my many questions. She was always sweet and had great suggestions. The food was also great and the macaroni martini bar was was a huge hit! The staff were all very nice and accommodating! It made for the perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Katlin W

Lakeview is an excellent choice for a wedding reception venue! We had our reception in the Reflections Ballroom in September and the view was absolutely beautiful! We worked with Lauren Thomas and she did an amazing job! She was very helpful and easy to work with. The day of the... Read More wedding went perfectly and everything was exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Anne H

Our wedding was on Saturday, October 15, 2016 and it was a perfect day for us! We booked in the Chestnut ballroom for our reception and it was a beautiful backdrop to our special day. Lauren was endlessly positive no matter how many questions I had during the planning process... Read More and her and her coworker Jillian were always quick to respond. The ballroom was a beautiful backdrop for our big night and we continue to receive compliments about the venue, delicious food, and friendly efficient service from the bartenders. We were so happy to have chosen a venue that took care of the little details for us, accommodated our guest list, and had different package options to meet our budget needs. Lauren, Jillian, Toni, Steve, and Keegan were wonderful allies during my planning process and ensured that our planning process was stress free. They made sure that our wedding night was seamlessly flawless and we hope that our guests will remember to book with Lakeview in their future trips to Morgantown. There were other events going on the night of our wedding, but we were none the wiser with the privacy our ballroom offered. We will cherish the memories of our wedding day for years to come and are so grateful to the Lakeview staff for playing their big part in that!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Nakiska P

Thanks to the staff here, especially Lauren, not a single thing went wrong and everything turned out beautifully. The food was fantastic as well as the options to choose from. My guests loved that everything was in one location, the ceremony, the reception, and the hotel. Our... Read More bartender was fantastic. I cannot say anything negative about this place at all. The price and packages will fit any budget. I literally cannot say enough positive things about Lakeview!! Do not hesitate on this place!!!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Amanda B

I had my wedding at lake view in September. Overall, the whole thing went fine. Everyone had fun but there definable could've been improvements. First, there was one waitress working our reception dinner at their restaurant for about 30 people. Therefore, food never came,... Read More several were over-cooked, some were finishing up dinner when others hadn't even received anything at all. Next, my program board never made it to my ceremony outside, then after the ceremony we were not allowed to take photos at the gazebo decorated because they were stripping our decorations to set up for the next wedding (my ceremony wasn't unusually long or anything). I had a cute sign and Chinese lantern that I was excited to let off at dusk to make for cute photos.. I kept asking where they were and they were no where to be seen.. finally the girl in charge left and found them somewhere in the building at which point it was beyond dark.. we still let them off but was just a little disappointed.. when we went to pick up our decorations the next day in someone's office it appeared they were just thrown in the rooms and some of the decorations were never found.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Emily L

Such a great experience. Lakeview is a little pricey but for what you get it's worth it. Our food was absolutely delicious and the convienence of not having to decorate and clean up was so relieving. I would 100% recommend lakeview for any event!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Ali M

Lakeview was so wonderful! Beautiful venue, great food, and amazing staff. My wedding was as stress free as possible and turned out even better than I could have imagined

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Toni K

April 30th was a special day and All was made possible by Lauren Thomas and the staff at the Lakeview. From the time we arrived until our event was completed it was Awesome. We could not ask for more helpful people and always trying their best to help. It was very comfortable.... Read More Seem Like they were part of our event, family.