Last Petal a floral studio

Serving Austin Area, TX

Last Petal is a full service floral design studio, offering arrangements and decor for a wide variety of special events, galas, and weddings. Melanie Tipton is the owner and lead designer of the studio.

$$ - Affordable

Type

Wedding Day Flowers

1200 East 11th Street #101, Serving Austin Area, TX

So Beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2011 Allison K

Melanie did a fabulous job in capturing the look and feel that I wanted. Everything she did was absolutely beautiful!! I loved it all!!! She is truly an artist with flowers. Everything she did was exactly as I had envisioned. Know that you can totally trust her judgement-- she knows what she's doing.

Beautiful and Willing to Work With A Budget!

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Megan F

Melanie with Last Petal provided such AMAZING floral design for my wedding this past May. Not only was she willing to work with us on cost (where others were not), she also allowed us to provide our own glassware and accommodated multiple consultations to easy the stress of planning a wedding from across the country. She took our desired concept and brought it to life beautifully!

Country Chic Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Brandy A

Melanie and her team were amazing! She was great at taking my ideas and turning them into a reality. We could not have asked for a more perfect arrangement of flowers throughout the ceremony and reception. It was more gorgeous than what we could have imagined.

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Hannah G

Melanie was incredible to work with. Her beautiful vision for our laid back, lakeside wedding was exactly what I was looking for! Her use of greenery paired with beautiful floral arrangements along with a variety of succulents made for a very elegant, bohemian feel. Melanie was very professional and easy to work with. I gave her a basic vibe that I was looking for and her creative juices flowed. I was stunned when I finally had the chance at our wedding to step back and take in the wonderful ceremony decor and incredibly creative centerpieces. Melanie knew exactly what I wanted and she delivered! I will continue to sing her praises to anyone who is looking for the perfect florist.

Out did herself!

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Jami P

Melanie really out did herself! I am notorious for having champagne taste on a beer budget and Melanie was more than able to work with me!! I absolutely adored my floral arrangements and received SO many compliments! If she is hard to get a hold of never fear! Shoot her an email and she will respond! Again...I highly recommend Last Petal! Everything was BEAUTIFUL! Thank you!!

Fantastic Wedding Florist

Reviewed on 7/25/2014

I would highly recommend Melanie with Last Petal! She was fabulous to work with from start to finish. At our initial meeting we went through my pinterest board to get a good idea of the flowers that I was interested in. From there she took my ideas and ran with it! She created a fabulous design and flower selection given the 25 pictures I had shown her. She worked with me through all the details... wanting flowers in the back window of our car, reducing table counts, adding wreaths, etc. We set a budget and she worked within our budget while still giving us the flowers we wanted. She was very honest about what was too much and never tried to upsell. Multiple times during the reception I got compliments about how great the flowers looked. Melanie was truly amazing to work with in all ways and I hope she will do my little sisters wedding some day!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Becca A

Melanie did everything for my wedding, all decor for tables, chalkboards, bouquets, boutonnières, corsages, and cake flowers and everything was beautiful!!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Stephanie K

Melanie made the most beautiful bridal bouquet, whimsical gazebo decor, cute centerpieces, and pretty boutonnieres & corsages for our wedding! Throughout the whole process, she was very patient, easy to communicate with through email, and had many good ideas and suggestions. Melanie was also very conscious of working with our budget! I brought her some pictures of what I wanted and she made suggestions on how to get the same feel without having to use as many flowers. Overall, she was great to work with and produced great floral work!

beautiful flowers

Reviewed on 4/08/2013 Meghan D

Melanie from Last Petal quickly responded to all my emails and worked perfectly within my budget and vision. She had a quote complete with a description of what each bouquet, corsage, and boutonniere would look like ready for me within 24 hours of our first discussion. My bouquet was absolutely amazing! She executed everything perfectly and the flowers were such high quality. I couldn’t ask for anything better and I would highly recommend Last Petal. Im so glad I used them for my wedding!

Gorgeous Flowers

Reviewed on 3/29/2013 Janel W

Although I never actually met Melanie, she did a wonderful job on my wedding flowers. They were right within the specifications and requests that we discussed and uniquely beautiful! I got so many compliments on the flowers and how the combination of flowers were so pretty. Honestly, I feel like a lot of ppl can arrange flowers or put a bunch of flowers in a vase. So, again, I will just stress that I feel like Melanie definitely has an eye for floral design and I was very happy with how the flowers turned out. The only complaint I would have is that it is a little bit hard to get a hold of Melanie, as I've seen a few other reviewers mention. But, she does a great job and is reliable, so I really can't hold it against her. She seems to get really focused and caught up in whatever wedding is coming up, so I'm guessing she just spends more time actually arranging flowers vs business administrative things. So, bottom line: Last Petal does gorgeous work. You might not get a lot of communication from Melanie, but don't worry, your flowers will turn out great!

Last Petal made my wedding day dreams come true!

Reviewed on 1/31/2013 Rachel Y

Melanie and the staff at Last Petal helped create the wedding of my dreams! I had a vision for my wedding that was hard for me to put into words. Melanie and her team did an amazing job mixing romantic flowers (lots of greenery, roses and orchids) with a bit a a southwest flare (i.e. glass jars, succulents). Melanie worked so hard to make us happy and stay within our budget - she even met with us in the evenings to be sure we were creating the wedding we desired. My wedding was basically all white and the flowers were the main design element. I was really, really happy with their work. They did an amazing job on the bouquets and table arrangements but also created a gorgeous chuppah for our ceremony. I would highly recommend!!

Perfect

Reviewed on 1/22/2013 Rachel F

Everything was perfect down to the Last Petal! Melanie is truly a wonderful person to work with. She goes above and beyond for her brides. My wedding wouldn't have been nearly as magical without her!

Gorgeous, Creative and Cost Effective!!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2013 Heather

Melanie was great... from the moment we met she we were on the same page. Creative ideas within my budget and it was executed beautifully the day of my wedding... My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I wanted! From the gazebo decoration, the bouquets, corsages, boutenniers, and little extra accents on the cocktail tables (that I was not expecting) the flowers were amazing!!! The reception decorations were perfection! Not only was it beautiful, it did not break the bank. Thank you Melanie and staff for everything. I couldn't have been more pleased!

Very talented and creative! Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Casey A

Last Petal was the final florist I interviewed while planning our wedding, and I felt instantly comfortable with Melanie. Right off the bat, I felt like she understood the look we were trying to achieve. We went through several revisions of the bid and Melanie was extremely patient and accommodating throughout the entire planning process. I had a lot of my own items that I wanted to include in the décor, and Melanie was so wonderful about working them in. On the day of our wedding, my bridesmaids and I peeked our heads out to see how the flowers and décor were coming along, and my bridesmaids literally gasped at how beautiful everything was. The centerpieces came out better than I ever imagined. Melanie really paid attention to every detail! The mood of the décor was exactly on point with what I had wanted. I feel that Melanie and her team at Last Petal really paid attention to my ideas, and went above and beyond to make sure the outcome was perfect. I truly cannot say enough good things about Last Petal. The Last Petal team is extremely talented and I am beyond thrilled with the way the centerpieces and décor turned out. I would very highly recommend Last Petal for any event!! Thank you so much, Last Petal, for making my wedding so incredible!!

Perfection

Reviewed on 8/04/2012 Lindsay R

Melanie Tipton of the Last Petal Florist is so wonderful! I absolutely loved working with her! She was able to really tell exactly what I wanted without me really explaining it well! She is able to take a vision and amplify it, making it a reality. She decorated the venue beautifully, chose the perfect flower for my hair, the boutonnieres for the guys were perfect, and the bouquets for my bridesmaids and i were stunning!!! She is an absolute pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend her!!!

Beautiful, Simple and Elegant

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Carrie H

My wedding planner recommended Last Petal, a floral studio and so glad that she did. I did not have an extensive floral budget and Melanine and team provided recommendations that far exceeded my expectatioins! It was hard for me to envision exactly what I wanted, but their proposal was very detailed and put my scattered vision into place. We had some last minute changes and also some special requests (decorating a wagon for my niece to come down the aisle as the flower girl) and they were nothing but overly accomodating and did a fabulous job.

Made my colors POP!

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Taylor B

Although I never met Melanie (I was planning from out of town and my mom had the initial meeting with her), I would recommend her to any bride. I didn't have much of a vision for my bouquets, so I just told her the types of centerpieces I needed her to fill and my colors of purple and gold (which I was worried about not having gold flowers in existence) for bouquets. She constructed the most beautiful yellow and purple creations for my girls. Even my friend who has been to 10,000 weddings didn't have a negative word or correction for them. I LOVED! them so much. Melanie's work was awesome.

Beyond our expectations!

Reviewed on 5/30/2012 Kathy C

Melanie was absolutely amazing! We met with her once and discussed our vision for the floral design we wanted. She took a few key points and from there, created an unbelievable result. Our flowers were PERFECT! She was always responsive to e-mails and had wonderful suggestions to help us achieve the overall look we wanted. We had to make several changes, some very last minute, and every time, she was understanding and handled all of our requests with incredible professionalism. I would definitely recommend Last Petal to anyone looking for something truly special in their floral needs.

Melanie is wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/22/2012 Kelly S

Melanie and her crew exceeded my expectations and gave me the wedding of my dreams, full of extravagant florals, beautiful decor, and fabulous lighting and draping. She does it ALL! And she did it all within our budget.

Gorgeous gorgeous! Great value

Reviewed on 5/13/2012 Jill M

Melanie was my florist for my wedding. She has a great eye for beautiful flowers. Gave me exactly what I wanted...even what I didn't know I wanted. Very talented and professional.

I <3 Last Petal

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Mandy G

Melanie at last petal is soooo sweet and she delivered everything I asked for and more. The flowers were beautiful and all the decorations were amazing! I wish I had had more time to soak it all in because it was just perfect! The prices were very reasonable too! Would definitely recommend them!!

Gorgeous flowers

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Andrea S

Melanie did an amazing job for my wedding day. She really got the look and feel I was going for. She was super easy to work with on elements I wanted to incorporate into the centerpieces. She delivered on her promises and more. I was in love with my bridal bouquet (and well the rest of it too)! She is hands down, the best choice for Austin area brides.

Beautiful flowers

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 Gretchen S

My bouquet was one of my top highlights of the day, it was breathtaking! Melanie did an amazing job working with by budget and executing my vision. I do wish my bridesmaid's hydrangea bouquets lasted longer... but everything turned out well.

Gorgeous

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Kim P

Lovely flower arrangements made our wedding event look fun and elegant at the same time. Last Petal got our requirements - kept costs down and found creative, interesting design ideas. Excellent business practices - helpful quote document allowed us to pick what we wanted from an array & we knew exactly what we were getting. They have an artistic eye & improved on our ideas.

Beautiful!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Janna R

Wow, Last Petal did an AMAZING job with my reception flowers & bouquets. I live out of town, so we did most of our correspondence over email. Last Petal was flexible with all the changes I made along the way and their prices were very reasonable. I have to admit, I was sort of nervous to see the what the reception looked like on the big day (I had never been to the studio!) - but I was very pleasantly surprise. Everything looked absolutely beautiful!!! I couldn't have been more pleased - I'd definitely recommend them to all of my friends!

TO Last Petal a floral studio