Documenting Love Stories

Photojournalism meets art direction. We focus on capturing the details and story of your wedding day in a manner that is considerate, thoughtful and unintrusive. Our portraits are lighthearted and have a candid essence that we help cultivate with whimsy & merriment!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Los Angeles, CA LA/OC/SB/SF/DET/CHI (517) 242-0656
PINTEREST

Laura Ford is amazing !!

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 David A

Laura was this smiling, stealth, incredibly helpful amazing photographer who made our wedding day so memorable. We were both so happy with the photos and it was wonderful that Laura just got what we were trying to capture. She was one step ahead of me the whole night and we... Read More cannot recommend her enough! If you like her shooting style then you will not be sorry. She is so sweet and a sincerely great person!

She's amazing.. Look no further!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Priscilla B

Laura made our wedding day flawless. She was wonderful to work with and super responsive to any requests. Absolutely loved her style and the turn around was super fast. Her style was so unintrusive and subtle that you hardly noticed anyone was taking photos the whole day. We... Read More loved the final product and would highly recommend her!

Simply the Best!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Kalie G

There are way too many amazing things that I can say about Laura and her photography but if I were a bride deciding who to choose to take my wedding photos I think these would be the most important things and they were ultimately why we decided to go with Laura. First... Read More impression, she is super personable, she makes you feel very comfortable and really walks you through the process so you are not confused or overwhelmed with everything you are planning. She is very flexible when it comes to timing and really makes the moment about you. She cares about her clients and wants you to have fun and enjoy yourself. My now husband and I did an engagement shoot with her and it was amazing. We had no idea what to expect but we couldn't have asked for a better experience. We did 3 outfits which is a lot and she was always patient and had a ton of fun with it. On the day of the wedding I was so excited to have her there because I felt like she had invested herself in our day and it made it that more comfortable. She really goes above and beyond for her clients and is one of a kind! I would not hesitate referring her to everyone I know because the quality of what she does is really outstanding.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Vivian L

Laura is an absolute pleasure to work with all around. Not only did our pictures turned out fantastic (she always managed to capture the most perfect candid shots filled with emotion which was exactly what we were looking for), she also made the entire process during our... Read More engagement shoot and wedding date really fun and laid back. Would highly recommend if you're looking for spectacular wedding photos from someone very reliable!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Brandon M

Incredible! My wife and I could not be happier with how well how photos turned out. On top of being 100% professional, courteous, and unique in her own style, Laura is what we needed most: someone we, as well as our guests, could be comfortable around. We decided our wedding... Read More photos would be one of the most cherished memories we would have for our future and with Laura, not only did we secure that, but the photos look kickass. Huge props to her team as well. Highly recommend booking an engagement photo shoot too.

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Lyndi V

Laura was so incredible to work with, and her work is absolutely phenomenal. We found Laura on the Knot, and we were immediately in love with her work. Her style is so unique and captures the beauty of the details with the happiness of the people. In person, she is even more... Read More lovely. She's very easy going and calm. She helped wrangle all of our party into great group photos and always seemed one step ahead of us for important shots. We are so incredibly pleased with her work - she captured our wedding in truly stunning photos. She was also great to plan with - very accessible and flexible. She even fit in a bridal shoot for me last minute the week of the wedding. Can't recommend Laura enough.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Lindsey T

Choosing Laura as our photographer was such an easy choice for us to make. As an art director and former wedding coordinator, I already knew what to look for in a photographer: friendly, responsive, organized, bright & easy documentary style, and someone my husband and I could... Read More have a drink with. Moreover, we needed someone who could travel between Chicago and Orange County. We really wanted our engagement photos in Chicago, our beloved home and city, but we also wanted the same photographer to shoot our wedding in CA. We were so happy to find that Laura regularly travels between both locations! Laura's kind, laid-back demeanor immediately put us at ease in front of the camera. My husband and I are typically uncomfortable in front of the camera, but she helped us live in the moment and let our walls down—which made for much better photos (engagement and wedding)! During our wedding, Laura kept a close eye on our day-of itinerary and helped us stay on track without making us or our bridal party feel rushed. She was patient during our family photos, and was almost invisible throughout the day while she captured our wedding. Our family members and guests raved about how refreshing it was to attend a wedding where the photographer just let them enjoy the wedding. My husband and I loved working with Laura and we cannot recommend her enough. We will cherish our photos forever. She captured so many lovely details and moments that we missed on the day of. Thanks to Laura, we'll be able to look back on those moments for years to come. Do yourself a favor and book Laura right away. Take it from someone with high standards for photography AND wedding vendors—Laura is just the BEST.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Anne P

Laura Ford...incredible! My husband and I could not be happier with our photos! Laura was very easy to communicate with, she met with us personally before our wedding to go over details, and was so easy to work with. As two people who are not used to being photographed, Laura... Read More made us feel so comfortable and the photos came out beautiful...we looked GOOD : ) She got so many great candid shots in addition to the posed family shots we wanted. Thank you Laura!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Rosario S

Loved our Photographer! Laura is a spectacular photographer. My husband and I eloped and she photographed us at the court house in Santa Barbara and in a ranch setting in Solvang. It was an intimate day and I felt very comfortable with her. She has a lovely personality and we... Read More highly recommend her. We love our photos and are relieved that we chose someone who is professional and very artistic. Thank you Laura for the lifetime memories.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Jen O

We really cannot say enough amazing things about Laura, who did our engagement shoot and our wedding. A wedding is such a deeply personal thing that there are really two components to choosing someone to be such a huge part of such an important day, and Laura was absolutely the... Read More best choice on EVERY metric. THE PHOTOGRAPHER: Laura was extremely available and thoughtful even before we booked with her - we immediately liked her when we met her, because she was so easy to talk to, showed interest in getting to know us, and had such thoughtful questions. Laura fit in so easily to our wedding day. She was a total joy to work with and made the process totally easy and stress-free on a day when EVERYTHING else was stressful. Her amazingly positive and sweet attitude really helped calm me down when we faced some family drama, and that personal touch is what took her from being a great wedding photographer to a truly incredible wedding photographer. THE PHOTOS: I honestly cannot say this enough: I am absolutely obsessed with our wedding and engagement photos. For our engagement shoot, Laura captured our personalities in just two short hours, and the photos were the best we'd ever had of ourselves - UNTIL OUR WEDDING DAY. The thousand+ photos shared with us from our big day are stunning. Her careful attention to detail and her thoughtfulness show through in her photography style. The focus is on the PEOPLE, and most importantly, NOT just the bride and groom. There are lovely photos of almost everyone who attended our wedding (how did she even DO that?!) and it was so great to see moments I missed. She was so patient as we went through many different family formations, and we are so lucky to have such a stunning set of photographs. The photography is so beautiful, and I know that my family and I will treasure these photos forever.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Alyssa C

Laura photographed our wedding this past August in La Jolla and she was incredible to work with. I am not a natural in front of the camera, and Laura was able to make me loosen up and feel comfortable with the entire process. She has a great eye and captured so many fantastic... Read More shots. Laura herself is very sweet and fun to work with. She is extremely talented, very responsive, and prices were reasonable. I would recommend Laura to anyone looking for a photographer. I was also on the fence about whether to do an engagement photo session. We eventually decided to go ahead and do engagement photos, and were so glad we did. We got to know Laura, have fun with her before the wedding, and get used to her shooting style. We have so many photos we loved from the engagement session, as well as the wedding. I knew we had made the right choice in choosing Laura as our wedding photographer as soon as the engagement shoot was over, and this was confirmed once we saw our engagement photos. It was such a relief going into our wedding knowing that Laura would capture awesome photos of our day.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Julia G

Laura was amazing from start to finish as our wedding photographer. She listened to us and understood what we were looking for from the very first consultation, through our wedding day and the delivery of the photos afterward. She was always professional but also extremely kind... Read More and genuine throughout the process. On our wedding day Laura did an amazing job of organizing everyone for photos and directing us to get the best shots. She was not at all intrusive, but captured every aspect of our wedding day beautifully. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for amazing photos and the best possible experience.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

Laura is absolutely fabulous! She's super professional and always responded quickly to my emails/texts. She's passionate about and loves what she does, and pays such close attention to detail-- and it shows in every photo. Not to mention she's incredibly sweet and friendly! Me... Read More and my husband are not photogenic people and he HATES having his pictures taken, but she worked great with us and we both looked great in all the pictures :) All of my family and friends kept commenting on how great of a job she did--and how sweet she was to everyone at the wedding!-- I could go on all day about how great she is. Worth every dollar and MORE! Definitely going to recommend her to all my friends who are getting engaged and married =) Thank you, Laura!!! <3

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Maureen O

Laura is a wonderful photographer. She has a knack for capturing the most beautiful moments and for making you look your best. We truly enjoyed working with her at our wedding and for our engagement shoot. She is easy to work with, never intrusive, and such a sweetheart.... Read More She'll put you and your friends and family right at ease with her thoughtful and gentle approach to taking photos.

Reviewed on 2/03/2016 Mina S

Our friends had Laura Ford photograph their wedding and the photos were absolutely stunning! So when my now husband and I got engaged, it was basically a no brainer. We had to meet her! From the moment we first met her it was basically love at first sight. Not only is she... Read More extremely talented with the camera, but she is also very professional while at the same time being very down to earth. You can tell she is very passionate about what she does and that was very important to us. She captured our special day just perfectly. She made sure we got all the posed pictures just right, but she also captured the most beautiful candid moments (which were personally my favorite out of the bunch) She just nailed it! With all the stressful things that come with planning a wedding, choosing Laura Ford will not be one of them. I guarantee it. I challenge you to look up her work on her website. The pictures speak for themselves :)

An AMAZING Photographer

Reviewed on 11/30/2015

My daughter, the bride, found Laura, although I interviewed her and number of other photographers. I am so glad we chose her. First, her pictures are AMAZING! (Both families agree!) She also is extremely easy to work with, very mellow, which is what you want. In addition, I... Read More barely saw her at the wedding and yet we have over 1000 photos - she was never in anyone's face. She gives you ALL your digital files and she will print photos for you, or you can do it yourself. I have printed a few for family members and they come out great. We also are in the process of putting together an album for her to do for the bride and groom. One of the best people I worked with throughout the whole wedding process.

5 star + experience!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

My husband and I used Laura for our wedding photography and we could not have been more pleased! She was professional, reliable, easy going but directive. She had our pictures back to us SO QUICKLY! We had a few by the next day. It was incredible. And all of the photo turned out... Read More so good. We have pictures we will cherish forever thanks to Laura. I do not hesitate to recommend her to anyone and have already passed her name along to my friends. She is great and I strongly encourage anyone to use her services.

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

Laura is absolutely incredible! I was initially drawn to her photojournalistic style, and when I found out that she splits time between California and the Midwest, it felt like a sign -- my now-husband and I are both originally from Southern CA, but have been living in... Read More Chicago for the past 5 years. I figured she would "get" us. I was right! From the moment I first contacted Laura, she made me feel totally at ease. There was a lot about our wedding that was up in the air -- we were only having 10 guests, and while we had a dinner spot booked, we were treating our ceremony as more of a guerrilla wedding type thing, since we didn't want to spend money on a venue when our ceremony would only take 10 minutes. Laura listened to our ideas and concerns, and answered all of the questions we had. She has an amazing "go-with-the-flow" attitude, while also being supportive of the decisions you want to make (and providing honest feedback and insight along the way). Her communication with us during the planning and execution of our wedding was fabulous -- she always responded promptly and thoroughly. On the day of our wedding, we had rain, trouble getting cabs, traffic etc...Laura remained positive and encouraging throughout. She is professional, but still friendly and fun to be around. She was adaptable, and thoughtful with regard the the photos she took. Our ceremony was maybe 5 minutes long, but she still managed to get a wonderful array of photos without us even realizing it. Because we only had 10 guests, I was worried that a photographer would be the odd-man out, and make it a little awkward. That was definitely NOT the case with Laura. She was respectful, kind and engaging with our guests, while also making sure plenty of photos were taken. She pretty much blended right in to our party, and we loved having her there. She has a really fun spirit about her. She also makes the process of taking the more "staged" photos easy and smooth. At no point did my husband and I ever feel awkward or uncomfortable -- we felt like we could truly be ourselves in our photos. Laura was also timely in editing and getting our photos to us after the wedding. She even posted a little sneak peak on her facebook page so we could see a photo, which I really appreciated. Many of our guests commented to us after the fact that she was a joy to be around, and that we "lucked-out" with such a good photographer. They all loved the photos she took. We would HIGHLY recommend Laura to anyone looking for a wedding or engagement photographer. You will love her!

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

​I have traveled a lot and photography became one of my hobbies long time ago. That's why choosing a photographer for our wedding became a great challenge to me. I wouldn't say that I am very critical but I wanted all the details of the wedding to show our individuality and our... Read More own style. Most of my friends' wedding photos (hope nobody will be offended) were very similar and standard-same poses, ideas. Moreover, two months before the wedding I moved to LA and didn't have anyone to give me an advice. So I just started to search online. ​Tons of galleries were visited before I found Laura Ford. The first thing that I noticed was her use of light and tenderness of subject all combine to make some of the most breathtaking images I have ever seen. She doesn't follow always the rules of composition which add some fun and her own style to her photos. So when I saw her gallery I didn't have any doubts, I realized that this is what I had been looking for. I showed my husband and his eyes started to shine looking at her pictures.. ​We met this talented girl in a coffee shop in LA downtown. I feel people and understand if we can or can not work together very easily and Laura appeared to be a very open, friendly and easy-going person. After a couple of her questions, I understood that we have the same goal to make photos which will reflect our love and nature. ​The engagement photo shoot was included in our package. To me the result is the most important part. The photos from both our engagement and wedding were returned in an extremely timely manner and very high quality. But I also want to add how comfortable it was to work with Laura. She is such a sweet girl, very helpful, patient and understanding! At the end I had lots of requests about the pictures she published and sent to us and she did everything to make us happy. ​I hope my review will help you in such a difficult and very important decision! Because these pictures will be with you forever and are memories for you, your guests, your families, and anyone who maybe wasn't able to attend.

Laura Ford is Awesome

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 ilene p

I would definitely recommend Laura Ford to anyone that is getting married. Laura is the Best. She works great with all of your vendors and will keep you calm on your very stressful day. She is worth every cent. On top of that I received my photos 3 weeks after my wedding.

Nothing but good

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 Jana F

Wedding photographs are so important. I searched high and low before picking Laura for my photographer. I have no regrets! Her photos speak for themselves, check her website out. She captured everything from big moments down to the little wedding details. She listens to what... Read More you want photographed during your day. Laura blended into the action most of the day but took control when she needed to herd family into position for family photos or pose the wedding party for portrait photos. Her prices are fair and she is SO sweet. We are so happy with our photos.

Couldn't be happier!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Allegra C

I LOVED working with Laura Ford. She spent lots of time getting to know what me and my now husband wanted out of the pictures. She has her own unique style and it's absolutely gorgeous! She captured our relationship and the day perfectly. She also did our engagement photos which... Read More we were equally as thrilled about with the outcome. I recommend her to everyone I possibly can. Words really could never come close to how thankful I am to have had Laura and Neil (she has him go with the guys on the day of the wedding) as our photographers for our wedding day. I got tons of compliments on how wonderful she was at the wedding and again after everyone saw the photos. My family adored her, on top of her amazing skills as a photographer she's a lot of fun. She went above and beyond to make sure we were happy!

Truly captured the entire day

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Hannah m

Laura is so kind and gentle and really tried to keep everything as natural as possible, not to stage, pose or force us into a "cookie cutter" wedding shots. She was open to suggestions and preferences from us but really let us do our own thing without being intrusive in any way... Read More to get shots. She truly captured the entire day and made us feel very special. Laura traveled to our small town for our engagement pictures the fall before, which was a great opportunity to meet and get comfortable with our styles, and each other. I enjoyed Laura and Neil sharing in the celebration with us and it wouldn't have been the same without them.

Stop looking now, Laura is the one!

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Jessie P

I can't believe how lucky my fiance and I got with stumbling upon Laura Ford and her photography. From the moment we started communicating through e-mail we could instantly feel how nice Laura was. So quick to respond, so warm, and such a great listener. We had a particular feel... Read More we we're going for with our engagement picture session, so we informed Laura, who was all ears. Not only did she listen, she made it happen. She on her own went searching for the perfect location and boy did she find it. The mixture of her art education and passion for photography is the perfect combination for getting those perfect shots. She made us feel so comfortable, like we had been modeling for years (we still are shocked about that) We trusted her from the very start. So affordable. No secret charges. She sent up our very own usb with every shot on it, and from previous photographer experiences, we know not everyone is that generous. If you're looking for the right photographer, you can stop looking now because Laura is your girl. She's doing our wedding next October and we can't wait. Until then, we have coffee date plans to get to know each other more. Honestly blown away.

I can't recommend Laura enough

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Christie A

I got married on August 9, and hired Laura Ford to be our photographer. There were so many little things that I absolutely loved about Laura both as a photographer and just as a person too. I think it's best summed up when I say that she was honestly one of the best decisions we... Read More made with the wedding. Laura was warm and friendly through thick and thin both for the wedding and the engagement shoot. We had a few hitches w/ the engagement shoot so I really appreciated her flexibility and patience. Similar to my thoughts, our guests and family members all had wonderful things to say about her too - both in the quality of the photos and her general presence and approach. From the get-go, Laura was just easy to deal with, which was a huge source of comfort. She is transparent and flexible, and has a very calming presence about her, which is exactly what I needed on our big day. Plus, the photos are just beautiful! She captured lots of little details, and really caught the mood of the night. I'd definitely recommend Laura to other brides!

Laura Ford

Hello! I’m Laura, a documentary style photographer who specializes in shooting weddings. I like to focus on candid moments, details of the day and portraits. My clients tell me that I am very approachable and fit right into their company. I have a very detailed yet relaxed approach to my photography and capture the essence of the day naturally, with being open to any and all requests. :-)