Laura Hooper Calligraphy

Washington DC/Nationwide, DC

Calligraphy with a Modern Twist

Add romance and sophistication to your dream wedding with each graceful curve of our handwritten calligraphy. Using pointed pen techniques, our elegant calligraphy adds a unique touch and a lasting first impression. Each piece is created expressly for you and your wedding.

Washington DC/Nationwide, DC

Special Touch!

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 Tonya G

Laura Hooper added a special touch to our wedding invitations. Her calligraphy is beautiful and added a touch of elegance and sophistication to our wedding. She was easy to work with and very accommodating.

Just beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Nichole l

Laura is so creative and she truly accommodated exactly what I was looking for. We did a destination wedding and she created a personalized map of the area that everyone just loved. I highly recommend Laura for any invitation/calligraphy/favor needs.

Gorgeous Invitations!

Reviewed on 7/01/2012 Marc R

We found Laura through a Google search and fell in love with one of her designs and most importantly her maps! Her staff is so friendly and super attentive, everything arrived on time and EXACTLY how we expected. My favorite part was opening the gift wrapped invitations when the box arrived in the mail. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 5/15/2015

Laura did a great job on the calligraphy for our wedding envelopes. The work was beautiful, fast, and Alyssa, the director of operations, was so responsive and easy to work with. If it ended there I would still be a very satisfied customer. But it didn’t end there and Laura and her team showed just how much they care about their customers and their business by going above and beyond to help us out of a jam that was in no way their fault. Because of the long time it took our printer to print the envelopes, we had him send them directly to Laura for calligraphy so we could get them out to our guests within the appropriate window. When we received them back from Laura on a Friday evening, we discovered the printer sent her the wrong size envelopes and the invitations didn’t fit. In hindsight, we should have asked Laura to check the size but we didn’t think of it because it was confirmed multiple times with the printer, so again, it was no fault of hers. Even though it was not their mistake, they worked with me over weekend to try and figure out a solution. This is more than I can say for the printer. He would not return emails or calls until Monday afternoon and even then had no solutions to offer other than blaming us for not catching his mistake. Laura agreed to do a rush order when she received the new envelopes and was able to turn it around in just 2 days despite having a very busy schedule and leaving for vacation the following week. Because of her team’s efforts we were able to get our invitations out on time and looking fabulous. Thank you again for showing us that good quality and great customer service still exist out there.

Beautiful calligraphy

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Risa W

Laura did absolutely beautiful calligraphy for my wedding invitations. I couldn't stop admiring them when I received them from her. And she works relatively quickly - I believe it was less than 2 weeks from when my wedding planner dropped off my envelopes to when I received them back. Unfortunately, two of my invitations were apparently unreadable by the USPS because they were returned to me despite having accurate addresses. Perhaps I should have chosen a less ornate style. The pricing can be a little on the high side - it partially depends on which style you choose - but she does it all by hand. Some calligraphers I spoke with use a computer, which is completely lame, and not even really calligraphy. My only problem was that she wanted to charge extra for middle names, which I found ridiculous because if you're paying for calligraphy, you obviously have somewhat formal invitations, and middle names are part of the deal. She did waive that fee for me, but that's probably because she does a lot of business with my wedding planner.

San Diego Wedding Weekend

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Ryan V

Laura produced a map & schedule of events insert for our daughters destination wedding (San Diego)invitation. She did such an amazing job. She is very professional and is so easy to work with!

Laura is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2010 Tovah S

Laura created the maps and programs for my wedding day and they were so beautiful. I gave her minimal guidance so that she could get to know my style and she ran with it from there. She took what was in my head (that I could not articulate well) and translated it into two products that so far exceeded my expectations. From the first moment I spoke to Laura -- I just knew that I had nothing to worry about. Since my wedding, I have turned to Laura for all of my event-related needs -- invites for multiple family birthday parties, baby shower and even the birth announcement for my baby boy! She takes the time to get to know her clients and all you need to do is give her the event details and she will come back to you with a proof that is unique and chic (and you will never have to stress about the quality of the product). Without a doubt, I highly recommend Laura. She is the one vendor to whom I give 100% of my trust.

Beautiful work!!! Love Laura Hooper!

Reviewed on 11/04/2010 Camil A

I can't say enough about Laura Hooper. Her work is beautiful and her professionalism is unparalled. While reading through a wedding magazine I came across one of Laura's map totes and thought that would be perfect for my wedding in Puerto Rico. I sent an email not thinking that Laura herself would respond in a matter of minutes. From there I knew that working with Laura would be great!! I can't say enough!!! She is amazing!!! Her work is indescribable!!! I decided to get sand dollars made as well for the reception and Laura was able to get them done in time to ship everything to PR. We had some trouble getting the package delivered once I was in PR. I started to panic since it was just a few days before the wedding. Laura was so great, she assured me that the printers were ready to make me another batch of totes if the package was lost. Unbeleivable but true! My stress quickly went away and I knew that Laura wouldn't let me down. Fortunately, the package was found and I had an unforgettable day. Laura's details made everything so much more special. Everyone could not stop talking about how special the totes and the sand dollars were and how beautiful!!! Thank you Laura, you are wonderful! I am so happy I found you! Gracias!!!!

In a word: UNBELIEVABLY_AMAZING_AND_FABULOUS! :)

Reviewed on 11/03/2010 Alycia P

Laura Hooper is not only an incredible designer with artwork that is second to none, she's also one of the "nicest people I'll never meet". As a "Chicago bride", and second-time bride at that, I expected to work with someone locally in order to design my wedding stationery. It is a destination wedding with nearly impossible-to-match colors and a small, intimate guest list. Since I wanted something "out of the ordinary", I needed a stationer in Chicago, right? I found Laura's website by accident, but held off on contacting her because she was a "California designer" and not someone I could work with in person. I did contact several vendors in the Chicago area, but I was non-plussed. And I kept going back to Laura's website & admiring her designs, so decided to contact her to see if somehow, someway, we could work together, even 1800 miles apart. Laura responded almost immediately to my email & questions, talked through a few options, and was very enthusiastic about working with me. After contacting other vendors to compare to, I can definitely say that none were as personal, personable, responsive, flexible, enthusiastic, or talented as Laura. I chose her within a day of contacting her. Laura & I went through *several* (God love her for her patience, too!) iterations of design, calligraphy, print style, options, pricing, etc. All via email and all over a period of about 6 weeks, which fit my timetable with all the other things going on in my life as a single mom planning a spring wedding. I finally (whew!) made my decisions and Laura & I are working on my proofs now. Literally, my breath is taken away with each file I receive from her in my email. I have samples of her work, but scour my Inbox every day for something new from her to "WOW!" me. Let me tell you, she never fails to make me smile... Lastly, stationery is such a personal choice. I went in so many directions, and Laura patiently walked me through all my options, and made me feel like I was her only client (she still does!). I know for certain I am not, but you'd never guess it by the quick responses, the ideas on how to make everything coordinate yet be unique in their own right, and suggestions for bringing my whole wedding vision to reality. In short, Laura Hooper is an amazing calligrapher, stationer, and businesswoman. I do hope to meet her someday, if only to tell her "thank you" in person. For any bride even considering calligraphy, you will NOT be disappointed in Laura or her work. I could not be happier with her & her staff and will recommend her to everyone I can. Many thanks to you, Laura!!

Outstanding Work

Reviewed on 11/03/2010 Alyssa H

Laura Hooper did all of the printed materials for my wedding from the invitations, to the programs, menus, escort cards (they were real wood!), and signs at the wedding. Everything was beautiful and even better than I could have imagined. All of our guests have commented on how wonderful Laura's calligraphy is and how amazing the entire look she designed was. Many of my friends have even told me how their boyfriends/husbands usually don't think much of weddings but were absolutely blown away by all of the detail!

Can't Say Enough About Laura...

Reviewed on 11/03/2010 Anne F

Let me start by saying that I have high standards and have become jaded in dealing with vendors or companies who act like it's a priviledge for you to be doing business with them. Dealing with Laura has been like working with a close friend who truly cares about making your day special. I can't say enough good things about her (but let me try!) Laura runs her business like I would if I owned my own company; she is highly responsive, accommodating, professional, thoughtful, friendly, and efficient. And, her rates are very reasonable. This aside, her work speaks for itself. Her hand-written calligraphy and hand-drawn maps are not only creative and completely unique (not to mention fun!); but they also stands apart from the masses in quality and couture feel. But you don't have to be a millionaire to enjoy her work! No other invitation company has the heart and inspiration behind them like Laura's does, and your guests will notice the difference - trust me on this. How many cookie cutter weddings have you been to where the couple sent out boring invitations and you just knew their wedding would probably be just as boring as the invitations that the couple put zero thought into? Laura's work conveys her passion and it shows in the details and quality of her work. I hired Laura because I wanted my invitations to stand apart from the rest, to be unique, and to signal to my guests that I cared about them, about details and quality, and that my wedding would not be a run-of-the-mill wedding they would soon forget. I can't count the compliments I have received so far on the save-the-dates and map magnets she made me. I wanted our save-the-dates to be special, and so far we have double the guests coming as we first anticipated, even though it's all the way in Hawaii! I credit most of this to having made an impact with Laura's save-the-dates. I believe our guests received them and knew that our wedding would be worth making the trip. I am also using Laura to create my invitation suite, table signs, wedding signs, and other little maps and details for the wedding that would make it memorable. Almost anything you can dream up, Laura will work with you to make it a reality. I love that she can also fit any budget. Laura is my hero my because she started up her own business that absolutely boomed-- she wins award after award and recognition from every magazine and website you can think of -- yet she still keeps the personal touch and dedication of a small business owner that makes you feel appreciated. My wedding will be small, and she may have many clients, but Laura always makes me feel like she is giving my wedding all of her personal attention....which, guess what? She actually really is. It's hard to say that about anyone else these days. Email Laura-- she will exceed your expectations, time and again.

TO Laura Hooper Calligraphy