Wedding Dress Alterations, Brides are our passion!

Just as important as choosing your gown is trusting that it will be expertly altered to look perfect for your special day. Laura's Couture does all wedding gown alterations on premise. Our seamstresses are experts in their field, and you work with one fitter from beginning to end. By appointment

Bridesmaid Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Fashion

5373 W. Alabama St # 510, Houston, TX (713) 333-0455
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Katy K

Laura and her team did and OUTSTANDING job on my wedding gown! I had it taken in, hemmed, added boning, a bustle, custom made lace off the shoulder wedding jacket, custom made satin belt, and custom made veil. Everything fit me like a glove and I got so many compliments on how... Read More beautiful it was. I am a huge perfectionist and they were able to accommodate every request I made throughout the process. Really sweet people to and a pleasure to work with. Their skill in what they do is incredible. They were also very affordable.

Laura's Couture & Alterations is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Christine S

Laura's Couture & Alterations was a recommendation of the bridal boutique from which I bought my wedding gown. I used Laura's for both my wedding gown and my after party dress alterations. I can't even begin to describe how gorgeous both dresses were. They both fit absolutely... Read More perfectly, as if the dresses were custom tailored to begin with. Karime, the owner, is truly the most talented tailor I've ever worked with. My mother also used Karime for her MOB gown alterations, and her gown turned out just right as well. We just can't say enough great things about Karime! Not only is she so talented and does amazing work, but she is so kind, patient, and supportive that she was just a dream to work with. She alleviated any stress or concerns or tears that went along with my several fittings. I always looked forward to my appointments with her. Nothing is out of the question for her skill level... my gown had the most intricate detailing, and even after her alterations, it looked as if it'd never been touched. And, she smiled and listened patiently through every change-of-mind I had throughout the process. She is truly the ideal vendor for any bride to work with. I don't mean to sound so repetitive, but I just can't reiterate enough how AMAZING Karime is, and I highly recommend her for any bride. I have referred several friends to her, and they are just as pleased as I was. I give Laura's and Karime the highest recommendation possible!

My Experience with Laura's Couture & Alterations

Reviewed on 4/23/2012 Tia F

I had a wonderful experience with Laura's Couture & Alterations! Ivory Bridal Atelier recommended that I use Laura's for my alterations, as they are one of the few they trust with their designer dresses and they were right! They were very detailed and ensured my dress fit and... Read More looked exactly how I wanted it to and it turned out beautifully with a gorgeous bustle! I was very happy with their service and would recommend them to any future bride!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Kelly S

Laura's Couture & Alterations saved my wedding dress! I wish I had gone with them from the start, but I live in San Antonio and had traveled to Houston to buy my dress from BHLDN. I figured I would get it tailored in San Antonio to save myself the trip to Houston. In spite of... Read More good reviews on Yelp (including for wedding dresses), my seamstress in San Antonio couldn’t figure out how to bustle my tulle dress (she even suggested cutting off the train!) and also managed to screw a few things up with the dress. Two weeks before my wedding I got my dress back from her and called BHLDN very worried to see if they had any recommendations. They referred me to Laura's Couture & Alterations, and they were able to squeeze me in about 10 days before the wedding! It was so worth the trip, and they finished everything in such a short time frame. They even managed to fix the mistakes my previous seamstress made and beautifully bustled the dress. They saved my dress, and I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Alexandra D

The seamstresses Karime & Laura were OUTSTANDING! They made my dress into everything I hoped and more! They are both so kind and really did a wonderful job doing very detailed work and adding off the shoulder sleeves to my Anne Barge gown. It's expensive but with every single... Read More penny!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Gloria S

Laura's couture is the best alteration place for wedding dresses in town. They came highly recommended by two friends that had their dresses altered there and the bridal salon where I purchased one my dresses. I altered two dresses and they also did a custom veil for me. The... Read More alteration process took several months and many fittings. I know I am not an easy client and they were very patient with me! Karime is such a sweet person and totally understands the stress that brides go through. After my bridals I felt that one of my dresses was too tight and I was worried that I would not be comfortable so she fixed it and made it perfect! I danced all night and felt very comfortable and looked beautiful. Both of my dresses were perfect! The veil she did for me was absolutely beautiful! It stayed in place and was exactly like I dreamed it to be. To Karime thank you soo much for all your help and your patience with me! Mil gracias! Love, Gloria

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Briana J

This mom and daughter duo is amazing! I could not have picked a better place to do my alterations! They are so sweet and have great ideas to solve any problem with your dress!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Katie W

I don't think that I could have looked better on my wedding day and it was completely due to Laura's Couture & Alterations. Laura and her team altered my dress to better fit my body, hemmed it, and added bustle. They explained the process of how the alterations were going to... Read More be handled so I always felt comfortable. I could not imagine me taking my dress anywhere else. Highly highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Shelley J

Amazing, beautiful work! Very easy to work with and very timely service. Laura knew exactly how to alter the dress to give me a great figure and make me feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Kelly B

THEY ARE AMAZING! My dress was totally and completely transformed from what was already a beautiful lace dress, into a custom-made, custom-fit, one-of-a-kind masterpiece. She also made a custom cathedral veil to match the lace of my dress and to match the lace and design of the... Read More custom sewn in (but also removable) jacket/bolero that they also made for me! I received hundreds of comments by people on how much they loved everything, and I agree that it was perfect! Wouldn't trust anyone else with my dress, and they truly did such amazing magical work. Love them!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Melissa R

I will say that overall my wedding dress looked great, but I was not able to get everything done because it was too pricey. We ended up spending the same amount in alterations than we did on the dress itself. The first appointment, there were 2 ladies that cut the bottom of the... Read More dress to hem it. I noticed right away that one lady was cutting a lot more than the other lady. When I pointed it out, they told me I didn't know what I was talking about, only to come back at my next fitting to tell me I was correct... The reason for such a low rating is the horrible customer service I received. The week of my wedding and the day before I was to pick up my dress I received a call from Laura telling me my dress did not fit in the bag I brought it in... That made very little sense to me since I brought it in in the bag and they had take a lot of material from the dress... But I went with it and agreed to pay for a bigger bag. Then she told me that I did not pay for dress steaming... (Are you kidding me? Shouldn't this be standard?) but, my mom and I remember vividly telling them we need it steamed bc I was taking it straight to our wedding destination... My sister and I also went in for my last fitting and again they said it would be steamed and ready for pick up in 2 days... So when I questioned Laura about these conversations she got extremely disrespectful and condescending. Now, I will be honest... I probably did not respond in the most graceful manner, but she called me stupid and it was 3 days before my wedding... So I would never take anything to them again and I think I could have gotten better work done for a third of the price elsewhere without being degraded or stressed out right before my wedding.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Lindsey L

Excellent timely service. I went elsewhere prior to coming to Laura's and they said the alterations could not be done. Laura's made the dress fit so well and steamed and stuffed it so it stayed wrinkle free during my drive 2,000 mile drive/move to the wedding/our new home

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Yukiko A

I could not be happier with the alterations!!! My dress needed quite a bit of bodice work and boning added in order for me to be able to wear the dress without a bra, and it turned out absolutely stunning! I am so thrilled with how the dress fits. The entire experience was easy... Read More as well--everyone is friendly and helpful and put me at ease. I highly recommend Laura's Couture & Alterations and I will absolutely be back when I need any alterations in the future!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016

Laura's did an absolutely fabulous job on my gown and I would recommend them to friends and family. The shop was clean and everyone was attentive, listened to my concerns, and fit the dress perfectly!

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Brittany L

Laura and Carime were amazing. They helped me make my perfect wedding dress out of a dress I liked, but wanted to change. Carime hand made me straps with a keyhole back and even added pearl buttons because I had mentioned I'd be wearing pearl earrings. They truly cared that... Read More I was happy with my dress and even when my family thought I might be being too picky about a detail, Carime just said "you're the bride, what you want matters." They were amazing. I would definitely recommend if you need regular alterations, but even more so if you're hoping to make big changes.

stress free wedding dress alterations

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Ryan P

I had a wonderful experience. All of my alterations were great and on time. They were very flexible with their dates and time and went over and beyond in trying to help me out as I had a bridal shoot the week of the weeding and needed the vail and dress to be steamed again... Read More after the shoot and before the wedding. Very friendly!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Allie N

While very expensive, the alterations were great. My dress fit just perfectly tight enough to feel secure without looking tight. I did have to bring the dress back because the bodice was wrinkling where one layer was tighter than the lace on top. This issue wound up showing up... Read More in all of my bridal portraits, but at least I was able to see the photos and have them fix the issue before it looked like that on my wedding day.

High End Alterations

Reviewed on 3/22/2015 Claire J

I had Laura's Couture alter my wedding gown. After reading reviews, I knew I would be spending a lot of money- but I also knew it would be done correctly. That's exactly what I got. The staff is very sweet and they're very good at what they do. My dress fit so perfectly, it's... Read More unreal! I gave 4 stars for the value because I feel like I was overcharged for adding a sparkly accent to the waist of my dress. The accent cost about $20 and they charged way too much to lightly secure it to the dress. I opted to not have my dress steamed by them for the same reason. I hung it in my bathroom while I took a shower and saved a lot of money! Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I'm happy I chose this company- You will be, too!

Excellent quality but expensive service!

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Erika M

My alterations for my bridal dress was difficult as the bodice of my dress basically had to be taken apart and altered to fit me. In the end I was extremely happy with the result. This is a high-end couture alterations shop. You get what you pay for I guess! Expensive but very... Read More high quality.

Saved My Day

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Megan M

Laura's Couture & Alterations saved my wedding day! I had purchased a gorgeous dress from a boutique in Houston, and in an effort to save money, went to a tailor who ended up ruining my dress. They had made it 4 inches too short and too tight. I went to a second tailor who... Read More wasn't able to do much to fix it. Laura's Couture & Alterations was my third tailor for my dress and I went only 2 days before I left for my wedding in Mexico. Karime and Fabio came in on their day off, were so sweet to me, and they fixed my dress within 24 hours. I have never felt so relieved. I wish I would have started there, but after my nightmare of an alterations story, Karime was my saving grace. I HIGHLY recommend going to Laura's Couture & Alterations. I wish I could do more to thank them than just writing a review. You guys were amazing and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Much love!!

Did not use them, after quote moved on

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Claire L

They communicated clearly on the phone. When I arrived I was 10 minutes late, they were kind. I showed them the alterations I wanted- Hemmed up, bodice taken in by half a size (about an inch), the straight across neckline changed to a sweetheart, and then a simple bustle added... Read More in. The quote total was $700. They might have done beautiful work, but I couldn't help feeling I was paying twice the amount the work should be because this place is feeling a surge of business due to its high reviews. I went to another place (Nancy in rice village) who quoted me $300 for the same changes, but she was too busy to take on the project in the time I needed it. I ended up finding Beautiful U Bridal at $500, they are professional and competent. I have yet to pick up my gown, but I have faith it will be done well.

Pricey but worth it!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Amanda R

Laura's Couture & Alterations is simply awesome. Work done was hemming of length twice, cups, bust taken in, addition of pockets, and a multi point French bustle. My dress has flounces in skirt that I was worried would fall differently if shortened. Karime was able to put in... Read More stitches (that can be cut out) to pull the length up without taking off actual length or making the flounces look different, it was genius! If you want the piece of mind that your dress will wind up exactly how you want it, the quality of the work is definitely worth the price.

Great work, great price, beautiful final dress!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 H M

I found Laura Couture Alterations online, and I’ve very happy that I used them to alter my wedding dress. The quality of the work was great! I needed a pretty significant amount of work done on my dress, including tightening the waist by a full size, shortening the straps,... Read More tightening the bust so that it didn’t bulge open, adding a bustle hook, and adding custom cap sleeves on the shoulders. It took a while for the seamstress to fully understand what kind of cap sleeve I was looking for, but my matron of honor finally explained it well enough. After the first round of alterations, the waist was WAY too tight. They had reallllly tightened it because the majority of my open-back dress’ structure came from the waist, but I literally couldn’t breathe. It took a bit of convincing that the dress was significantly too tight (and that I wasn’t just surprised by the structure), but eventually we agreed to have it let out about ¼ inch. Overall, the alterations took two fittings, and the final product was PERFECT - snug, but not too tight, and the sleeves were gorgeous! I’m extremely pleased with the final product, and it fit great on the wedding day! For the most part, everyone was very friendly and professional. However, after I made my first appointment about a month or so in advance, I called a few days prior to confirm but they had no record of my appointment. Fortunately, they had the same slot open, so it worked out. But that could have been very frustrating since their schedule fills up quickly. They also don’t like booking more than one appointment at a time, and they especially didn’t like booking far in advance. On top of that, their hours of operation aren’t the best. I understand that they don’t want to work late, but many brides have full-time jobs and can’t get to a fitting before 5:00pm anyway, so I believe they should reconsider their hours… Apart from that, they were easy enough to work with. The store is also in an odd place, the fourth floor of an office building. It’s not terribly chic, but I imagine rent in the Galleria area is probably pretty expensive. Regardless, the quality of the work done speaks volumes above the office building and the hours. The overall cost was also VERY reasonable considering the amount of work I had done. I loved my final dress, and I would definitely recommend them to other brides.

Great Last Minute Alterations

Reviewed on 3/18/2013 Deanna L

Fabulous place to go!! I had to make a last minute appointment because Alfred Angelo quoted me $270 for alterations on my $425 dress. They were able to get me in and get my dress altered in time! The quality of work was amazing. I had forgotten my wedding shoes for the... Read More alterations and the tailor was able to estimate for me perfectly! I also didnt feel like they were trying to rob me blind. I asked about taking my dress in more, and the tailor made suggestions not to. She said and I quote "It wont make a big difference so save yourself $70" I thought that was awesome

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 2/28/2013 Keely P

I would recommend Laura's Couture to any bride in need of alterations. My dress was about 2 sizes too big and had a couple of other issues I wasn't thrilled with. Karime is AMAZING. My dress fit like a glove, she completely reworked the bodice and changed the neckline, and it... Read More looked perfect. Their location is lovely, service is good, and I doubt there is a better bridal tailor anywhere in Houston.