Historic Barns and Fragrant Fields of Lavender!

Welcome to Lavender Oaks Farm! We are a 60 acre hidden treasure located only 5 miles from downtown Chapel Hill, minutes to hotels, and RDU Airport. Our Main Barn is 6,700 sq ft and includes two separate bridal party retreats as well as a 1,000 sq ft loft. Walk right outside to our 3,000 sq ft outdoor patio complete with stone fireplace and wrought iron gazebo overlooking our lavender fields. Adjacent to our main barn is our 1,300 sq ft Pavilion Barn, creating the perfect setting for your ceremony and reception. As you enter the gates, let the serenity of our forest embrace you and our winding country road lead you to our restored century old timber frame barns, fragrant lavender fields, picnic areas, and reflective pond. It's an amazing destination your guests will remember forever!

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Planning

3829 Millard Whitley Rd, Chapel Hill, NC (919) 909-7417

Reviewed on 2/14/2018 Sarah S

Reserving Lavender Oaks Farm for our wedding ceremony and reception was the best decision my husband and I made in our year long wedding planning process. The site is incredibly beautiful with its elegant rustic charm both inside and out. There are many lovely spots around the... Read More barn and surrounding lavender fields for incredible photographs and the unique space allowed us to host multiple events throughout our wedding wèekend. What makes this venue so very special are the owners, Karen and Robert. They are dedicated to making their farm, your farm, for your friends and family to enjoy and make lifelong memories. From the moment we began planning they were exceptionally warm, enthusiastic, and accommodating to all of our ideas for our dream wedding. The plan for our winter wedding was to be married on the stone patio in front of their iron gazebo overlooking the lavender fields, but eight inches of snow fell on Wednesday night. Panic could have ensued but Karen and Robert assured us all would be fine, and it was! Our weekend exceeded all of our dreams! We began our weekend with the rehearsal dinner and band for our one hundred guests to dance to. The roaring fire outside and s'mores bar created by Karen drew our guests outside to enjoy a rare Carolina snowscape. My husband stayed with his best man in one of the rustic cabins, overlooking a beautiful pond onsite, allowing him some personal guy time before our big day. Our wedding day arrived with the ground covered in snow and ice. Karen and Robert did not flinch as they moved our wedding ceremony inside. My nine bridesmaids and I arrived by ten Saturday morning to spend the day in the absolutely gorgeous bridal suite. We were pampered, we danced, we partied until it was time to walk down the isle. I was awed by the transition of the barn to a magical place that had only existed in my dreams. Karen and Robert took all of my personal ideas and dreams and made them a reality. My 4 o'clock wedding ceremony flowed with ease into our cocktail hour and sit down dinner reception. Our two hundred and twenty guests danced until midnight and are still talking about what an amazing place Lavender Oaks Farm is. If you are looking to host a stylish and personalized wedding that is private and showcases the beauty of North Carolina, this is the venue for you. I wish I could do it all over again!

Robert and Karen Macdonald

We are Robert and Karen Macdonald, owners of Lavender Oaks Farm, a rustic, upscale venue, and our dream come true! Our farm came to fruition through love and labor, restoring 19th century barns, planning and growing our vast varieties of lavender, all with the hopes of bringing our vision to you. As long time NC residents, we built our 1st business from the ground up, while Karen was a forefront in planning many events from weddings, gala’s, & military functions all over the triangle. Now solely focused on the farm, we truly have worked to make a majestic setting for loved ones to gather.