Artistic, Creative, and FUN!

We are California natives in an Oklahoma world. We love capturing the sparkle and shine of a wedding day and crafting beautiful images from your experiences. We are a team, and very quickly discovered that there is a HUGE benefit to having two photographers on your wedding day. It adds variety to your wedding portfolio, and a different point of view. It's also a great use of your time, as we get twice as much done! Our photos can be described as "candid, artistic, expertly lit, clear, and colorful." These words come from the wonderful clients that have hired us. I'd be more than happy to meet with you, and show you full galleries of different weddings so that you can get a better idea of how your day could be captured. We would love to work with you! I look forward to meeting you!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100

Oklahoma and Destination Available! (405) 585-1848
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 River V

Wow! We LOVE our pictures. By far the best. Not only are her pictures amazing, but she and her hubby are so awesome! One thing I loved. She gets the job done, and makes sure you get EVERY picture you want, and it's so quick so you have more time for other pictures! She also... Read More has great ideas for photos, too! All in all, Leia is the way to go for your special day photographer! ❤️

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Ashley K

Two words, the best! There's not enough text space here for me to tell you what a pleasure it was working with Leia and her husband Shane. They are so passionate about capturing the most beautiful moments and they make you feel so special, even though they probably photograph... Read More people daily. I feel like my entire wedding experience was captured perfectly. The day was magical, but as many people know, weddings go by so fast. It wasn't until I saw our pictures, that I realized I missed some of the details that day, but Leia made it possible for me to relive them. Every picture had a purpose. I would highly recommend Leia Smethurst Photography for weddings and more. I have also done a gym photoshoot with Leia, casual family pics and a lifestyle shoot. Every time I see the pictures we took, I'm floored about how incredible they are. Plus, Leia is excellent about getting pictures edited and uploaded in a timely manner. Again, great service and superb quality! Thanks for documenting so many monumental moments for our family Leia! You rock.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016

We had a beautiful wedding at Gaylord Pickens Museum in OKC, and we were so glad we hired Leia and Shane to document the day. We met with several photographers in the area, but Leia seemed to care more about the details of our day, and how we were going to fit all of our... Read More photography in, rather than trying to upsell us on an album we didn't want. Her customer service is superior, as she cared about how I felt, and what my husband and I really wanted. She was very detail oriented, even making us a timeline of the day, making sure no shots were missed. We can definitely, without a doubt see why she is so in-demand, and considered such a value to so many past clients. She really took care of us, and I can't thank her and her husband enough. On top of that, less than 2 weeks after the wedding, we got access to our beautiful online gallery. She knows her stuff! Thanks girl!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Shannon R

Leia & Shane are wonderful! We had a very intimate wedding and they had to travel and they were so gracious! They have great personalities and do an awesome job! I highly recommend them and would use them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Kaylie R

I can't say enough great things about Leia and Shane! Im still obsessing over my wedding pictures, every time I look at them I feel just as happy as I did that day! They went above and beyond my expectations! Everyone always say your wedding day goes by so fast and I'm glad I... Read More have these pictures to remember every detail on our special day! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!!!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Shayla G

Leia is awesome and very personable! On top of that, the photos are AMAZING! We had a small, intimate wedding, but you would have never known considering how many great shots Leia snapped. She also captured many moments that even I missed, which was a nice surprise. Leia, thank... Read More you so much for making the best day of our lives a beautiful memory.

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Kacie C

We are so glad we chose Leia and Shane to photograph our wedding day! Leia was reassuring and helpful through every step of the planning process. Our wedding was at the Gaylord Pickens Museum, and Leia's photos there are some of the best!! She listened to all of our ideas and... Read More made sure to include anything we missed. Thank you, Leia! We are so grateful to be able to look back at the incredible photos that capture our day perfectly!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Dillon G

Wonderful! We had an amazing day and were provided with truly spectacular photos. Leia and Shane are professional, fun, and easy to work with. They were incredibly helpful and made sure that we had everything we needed. Even with a small wedding ceremony like ours, it can be... Read More difficult to be everywhere at once. Luckily, Leia and Shane managed to capture all of the special moments! In addition, we were amazed by how quickly they got our photos to us! The online gallery is high-quality and easy to use. It was great being able to share our photos with friends and family right away! We can’t thank Leia and Shane enough for helping with our ceremony and sharing their talents. I highly recommend Leia Smethurst photography for weddings or anything else!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Alyssa W

Leia and her husband Shane did a spectacular job! My bridal and wedding pictures were all so perfect I couldn't pick a favorite, because I loved them all!!! I definitely recommend them, they are extremely friendly and helpful by talking you through the process! It made... Read More everything easier for me, especially living out of state! I was able to contact them at anytime and I would get a response back immediately. They are extremely flexible as well and able to work around anything you throw at them!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Madison R

Leia and Shane were wonderful and easy to work with. Neither my husband or I are very "photogenic"; however, I feel like they captured our day perfectly. One of my favorite aspects was filling out a timeline for the wedding day. This was very beneficial when it came to family... Read More portraits and allowed us to cover all of the photos we wanted without having to think and worry about it on the day of our wedding. We also received our pictures a short of 2 weeks after our wedding, which was a wonderful surprise! Overall, I would highly recommend Leia and Shane. They are accommodating and truly care about your wishes on your special day!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Taylor M

Love my wedding pictures!! Leia was very great to work with from the beginning. She was quick to respond when I had questions and was very flexible about the requests I made! Both Leia and her husband are very personable people which made working with them on wedding not day a... Read More breeze! They helped make the day less stressful overall by being so easygoing. Happy we chose Leia to shoot our wedding!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Randi N

Wow! Cannot say more wonderful things about both Leia and Shane. From the first time I talked with Leia over the phone I felt so comfortable with her! She is so easy to get along with and truly listens to what you want in regards to pictures. Working with Shane and her together... Read More was also so fun. Being a husband and wife team definitely makes them so unique. Shane was so easy to work with as well and made my husband and I feel very comfortable. They were both so flexible and easy going on our wedding day that it helped calm me down! Not only are they great people, they take great pictures! :) We received our pictures within 2 weeks of our wedding which was an amazing turn around time. Would highly recommend them to ANYONE!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Bailey L

Not only are Leia and Shane great photographers (we LOVE our photos!!), but they are so cool! You will spend a lot of time with your photographers on your wedding day so you want to make sure and pick ones that you will want to hang out with all day. On top of being super cool... Read More and talented, they listened to our vision and filled in the holes that we missed. From the initial meeting, Leia and Shane were awesome to work with. We could not be happier with how the day went and with the photos we received. We highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Hannah J

Leia & her husband were more than amazing. Very organized & my photos came back in 2 weeks!! The usual turn around time for my other vendors were 6-8 weeks so it was so excited to get them sooner! I loved her work & will def use her in the future.

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Alison E

We are so glad we chose Leia Smethurst Photography to capture our special day! We loved the photography produced from our wedding day. Looking through our photo album brings us back to that amazing day. Her and her husband are not only incredible at what they do but they are... Read More also so much fun to work with and made our day even better! Thank you, Leia! We are so grateful to you for giving us the best gift that we can cherish forever!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Elizabeth B

Two words: BOOK THEM!!! We planned and hosted a destination wedding in Florida. Our entire wedding was DIY but we agreed that photos of our special day were the most important thing to us. Our photos were a perfect reflection of our intimate & small wedding and we are SO... Read More thankful for that!! Planning a destination wedding (and any wedding) can be extremely stressful but Leia alleviated a ton of stress by offering us advice & her questionnaires provided before the wedding day. THANK YOU LEIA!!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Yvette J

I can not say enough wonderful things about Leia Smethurst Photography! Starting from the initial coordination, Leia was great to work with. She was extremely organized and professional, and I knew that they would be a vendor that we didn't need to worry about for our big day.... Read More We used the photo booth, and our guests LOVED it! Having 2 photographers turned out to be one of the best decisions that we made. Our wedding photos turned out fantastic! The shots were outstanding and the quality was bar none! Having 2 photographers providing multiple angles for shots was awesome. . Your big day will be such a whirlwind, you will be VERY grateful to have amazing photos to cherish and look back on, I promise!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Sarah T

Leia and Shane did an excellent job shooting our engagement, bridals, and wedding photos. We also utilized their photo booth Take Your Pic which was a huge hit with our wedding guests. Leia is incredibly prompt in responding to messages and questions. She has an easy going... Read More attitude and is very flexible to work with. We also loved having Shane involved in the wedding shooting. He made the groomsmen feel more relaxed which allowed their personalities to shine through in the pictures. Overall we had a great experience with them and would recommend them to anyone looking for a "does it all" wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Ashley S

Leia was amazing every step of the way. Our church was a little darker, and the church coordinator restricted their shooting locations at the last minute. Leia let me know what she was up against, and while I wasn't happy about the churchs' choices- Leia and Shane still gave... Read More us wedding photos that turned out way way better than I had pictured in my head. Her delivery of our images was fast, and our gallery is gorgeous. Her positive attitude, and her willingness to get all of the shots we wanted was so great on such a stressful day. She is easy to work with; a definite 'MUST' for your wedding day. Thank you Leia!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Kaleigh S

Leia and her husband did such an amazing job photographing our wedding. I live out of state now, and she coordinated with me to meet while I was home to discuss the details. She was so easy to talk to, understood what I wanted, and was incredible about getting back to me with... Read More any questions I had. The day of the wedding, she had a list of all of the details I wanted captured, and got every shot I wanted. During the ceremony and reception, we weren't aware of her or her husband's presence. They captured everything and no one was the wiser. We have great candid shots of everyone. Leia is truly an amazing professional, and I'm so happy I was able to work with her for our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Malinda O

We found Leia in the best way, by chance, and I am so happy we did! Through my now husbands job, we found the best photographer we could have ever asked for! Words can not express how amazing Leia and her husband are! I fell in love with Leia's photography through her gallery... Read More and knew right away she was the one I wanted to shoot my wedding. The both of them worked with us one on one and had great advice for other things we were unsure about for our day. Leia put her heart and soul into our day and it always felt like we were the only couple she was working with! We used the photobooth and our guests loved it! So worth it! Our wedding was perfect and we have the proof because of Leia. We received our photos within 2 weeks! It was such a pleasure having a husband and wife photograph a wedding. Love was in the air! Leia continued to correspond with us after the wedding to ensure we had our photos! All I can say is you won't regret having Leia make your big day a dream come true!!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Raechelle N

I still can't get over how great Leia is! Sitting in Sara Sara Cupcakes I knew that she would be the photographer to capture our wedding day! Prior to the wedding, Leia worked diligently to make sure we would be able to shoot all the important things at our wedding. Even on the... Read More day of when time was tight, Leia and Shane were great at being flexible and proactive to make sure nothing was missed! Outside of possessing amazing customer service skills, Leia is an AWESOME photographer. My husband and I can't stop looking at our photo gallery because every. single. picture. is. amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Jaisa A

Leia was the absolute best part of my bridal experience. Our pictures made our wedding look even more beautiful and she is extremely easy to get in contact with. I would recommend her to anyone and plan to use her for any future photography needs!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Yvette J

I can not say enough about how great Leia was for our wedding photography! She was very responsive and helpful prior to our wedding. She is very organised and professional. She was very accommodating to my list of photos that I wanted, and provided a timeline-- which was helpful... Read More for me to know how the photo sequence would flow. The pictures we AMAZING! They were very high quality, and we could not have been more pleased! By having 2 photographers, we got some great angles and multiple perspectives. We also used the photo booth, and our guests loved it. I would highly recommend Leia for your wedding photography!!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Aaron K

Leia and her husband were the BEST choice for our wedding day photographers! We split our big day into a small wedding in July and a big reception in August... Leia accommodated our plans & worked with our budget! Leia is VERY prompt in responding to emails/texts... that was one... Read More of my favorite things about working with her! We received our photos very quickly after our wedding/reception dates, we weren't sitting around waiting on them for weeks which was so great! They were a joy to work with and we would choose them again... we 100% recommend them to everyone!!

Leia Smethurst

Leia is currently a photographer in Oklahoma City. Born in San Francisco, and raised in Northern California she brings a fun, fresh attitude to her photography. Having a grandfather who was an avid photographer throughout his life and getting an opportunity to live through his photos; Leia realized just how important documenting life really is. Leia started her business in 2007 and now focuses on Wedding and Commercial photography. Published numerous times locally and internationally, she is an award-winning professional who will make sure your memories are properly preserved