Leicester Country Club

Leicester, MA

Book Your Wedding with Leicester Country Club

A BALLROOM IN LEICESTER, MA

Leicester Country Club combines rustic charm with refined elegance to create a classic countryside wedding venue. As a golf club that was established in 1894, this venue is steeped in history. With luscious green grounds, towering trees and floral displays that are immaculately maintained, guests feel awe from the moment they approach the building. Located in Leicester, Massachusetts, this sophisticated golf club sits on the tallest point between Boston Harbor and the Connecticut River, providing guests with breathtaking views of the surrounding area.

When it comes to rustic wedding venues that pack plenty of charm, Leicester Country Club is difficult to beat. Wooden bridges wind through the ground, natural stone walling adorns some of the buildings and an olden-style gazebo awaits those couples who want to get married outdoors. Newlyweds-to-be considering this venue can make the most of indoor and outdoor ceremony areas.

Surrounded by flowers and adorned with natural stone, the outdoor gazebo is both charming and magical. When the sun is peeking through the trees that rest alongside it, it acts as a breathtaking ceremony location.

Thanks to the expansive windows, natural light floods into the main ballroom during the day, followed by beautiful views of the stars at night. A combination of parquet flooring and magnificent pillars gives this room an elegant edge, and with soft drapes framing the windows, it looks stunning without any additional decor. Thanks to the neutral tones throughout, it's an excellent backdrop for all kinds of wedding themes.

A range of all-inclusive wedding packages are available at Leicester Country Club. The venue's most basic package features three butlered hors d'oeuvres, an open bar for a social hour, complimentary cake cutting, a choice of appetizers and a choice of two entrees. The skilled chefs at this venue serve dishes such as sausage-stuffed mushrooms, bacon-wrapped casino shrimp and sesame seared tuna sashimi. There's also the option of having different tables and stations, such as a pizza table or a selection of fresh buffalo wings.

Those who use this venue for their wedding celebrations cannot bring their own liquor, but there are a range of drinks packages available. This includes a selection of pre-mixed cocktails, mimosas and wines, which come with a per-gallon price. Wine service charges depend on the number of bottles opened and served to guests.

A bridal suite is available for 1.5 hours before the events begin. Those who book this venue must pay a deposit, with a further deposit being made six months before the wedding. Prices for food and drink don't include the sales tax, Leicester meals tax or gratuity.

There's a truly refined selection of foods available at this venue, including a broad range of vegetarian and vegan options. Other extra perks include:

• An 18-hole par-70 golf course onsite
  • Personal banquet manager to ensure everything runs smoothly on the wedding day
  • Use of the bridge for picturesque New England photos
  • Champagne fountains and candy buffets available

From the extra touches that wow guests to the serene views and countryside setting, Leicester Country Club has the potential for a seamless and memorable wedding.

Country Elegance with a View

Leicester Country Club, just minutes from Worcester MA, offers stunning outdoor locations & traditional indoor settings for your wedding day. Our Ballroom and Leicester Room will accommodate 30-300 guests. Exceptionally well priced, fantastic food, great location, free parking. Daily tours available

Ballroom, Country Club

Food + Catering, Planning

1430 Main Street, Leicester, MA (508) 892-1390

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Justine P

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Leicester Country Club this past September and everything was perfect! From the first day that we went to see the venue everyone we spoke with very nice and made us feel so comfortable. We worked with Jessica throughout our wedding... Read More planning process and she was great! The whole wedding planning process can get stressful and she really helped to keep us on track and help us relax. She was great about incorporating all of our ideas and she was always quick to respond to emails and answer any questions we had. We chose the chef station package and I would definitely recommend this. We got a lot of compliments on the food, and it was great to have options for people to choose from. Our reception was help upstairs in the ballroom and the space was great. Again, Jessica worked very hard to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it, from decorations to favors and centerpieces. On the day of the wedding Jessica, as well as other employees, were always around to make sure things were running smoothly and willing to help with whatever it was that we needed. We definitely feel we made the right decision choosing Leicester Country Club. It was a good value and wonderful overall experience!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Olivia S

We can't thank Sara enough for everything she did for our amazing wedding at Leicester Country Club! Our families raved about everything and our wedding reception far exceeded all of our expectations!! From the food to the decor, everything was perfect and we were so happy with... Read More it all. Additionally, Sara was there for us every step of the way during the planning process and she truly went above and beyond for us. She was attentive to detail, quick to reply to every single email/phone call, and she made us feel special. I wish we could re-live the day all over again because it was just that magical, and Sara and her team made it all possible!

2017-10-13T05:00:30 Response from the vendor

We are happy to hear about your experience with the Club and especially working with Sara. Thank you for letting us host your day. It was our pleasure.- the LCC

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Karen C

I don't think we could have asked the Leicester Country Club for more - from start to finish, they were there for everything we needed. The food was great - we did the chef stations. Highly recommend! People are still talking about them a month later! The service was exceptional... Read More - the waitstaff and bartenders managed to make our 190 guests all feel well taken care of. And Mr. Chuck - good God, he's a dream! He was able to navigate my mom and I's relationship (best friends who can buttheads) seamlessly, making sure we both felt important and heard. When Laura left a month after we set a date, I was nervous. But Chuck was everything we dreamed of and more. He and the entire team made us feel like they couldn't do enough for us - and any hiccup we had they treated like no big deal. I am so happy we got married here and would highly recommend it to ANYBODY looking for a great space with a great crew at a great price.

2016-12-08T08:00:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and the family. Such a fun time planning and hosting an event that we won't soon forget. All the best-the LCC

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Molly L

My husband and I had a great experience with the Leicester Country Club! the professionalism and help we experiences was great. It was a perfect size for our 200 guests and they kept us informed through the whole process and helped us to stay on top of things! Sara Jean-Louis... Read More was our wedding coordinator there and she was a HUGE part to making the experience so wonderful. She was like a fun cousin who was right by your side to laugh with and keep you cool and collected. We had SUCH a blast at our wedding and she was a large part of that. We were able to participate in vendor events and multiple tastings and Sara's knowledge and expertise in attention to detail made everything look and feel perfect! We highly recommend this venue and especially Sara! :)

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Rose L

The staff especially Sara our wedding coordinator were so helpful, accommodating, and on top of every detail so we could just enjoy our day! The room was completed exactly as promised, and looked beautiful, the ceremony at the gazebo was picture perfect, and addditional seating... Read More was perfectly placed under the big tree for shade. Best of all we were never rushed, the food was delicious, hot and well presented. Priced very reasonably too. We recommend you visit this venue and ask for Sara you will be happy you did. Our guests are still talking about our wedding being the best they attended in years!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Deirdre W

Excellent Experience! Sara is an awesome coordinator and made sure every detail was taken care of. I would definitely use Leicester Country Club again! Deirdre Waterman, Mother of the Bride!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Iris E

I am very thankful for the experience I had by having my wedding back in june 2017 at Leicester Country Club. I will start by saying what a great wedding planner, I will say she is a ditail person she listens the bride and groom .Sara an amazing person to work with, a very... Read More organized person and very punctual in the established time. I want to mention also the people at the kitchen that prepared and served a delicious food all of my guests were please, the waitresses exelent they were asking if everything was ok and helping all the time. thank you to all the great team at Leicester Country Club.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Nikki D

Sara was great, we couldn't have asked for a better wedding! Having an 80s themed wedding the attention to details were phenomenal! Everything was perfect, food was great! We told Sara what our vision was and she beyond nailed it! I would recommend any newly engaged couples... Read More to make this your first stop when looking at venues !

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jillian B

We just celebrated our wedding on 10/7/17 with Leicester Country Club and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Chuck was fantastic and was everything we needed in a wedding coordinator. He was laid back and got everything done without has having to worry one bit! Many... Read More guests have commented about how good the dinner was and how great the service was. My husband and I didn't have to worry about 1 thing the entire night! We were able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the night just like our guests. Chuck was very helpful with planning our timeline for the night and making sure we stayed on schedule during the reception. Honestly not 1 complaint from any of our guest or the bride and groom. Fantastic experience!

2017-10-26T10:58:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. We enjoyed the process from beginning to end. Such a memorable event. Keep us in mind for any future celebrations as we would love to host you and the family again. -Chuck and the LCC Staff

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Caitlin H

LCC is a wonderful place to get married. From the first time I visited I knew it was the venue for us. Everyone was friendly and helpful and they have a variety of packages and options for any budget. Our coordinator, Sara, was excellent from start to finish; communication was... Read More consistent and she made everything really easy. The wedding could not have gone more smoothly; all of our guests had a great time and the groom and I didn’t have to worry about a thing!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Heather D

Thanks to Sara our wedding reception was perfect from the food to the decorations!! All of our friends and family loved everything about the reception!! Working with Sara made wedding planning so much less stressful because we knew we had a person that we could count on! Sara... Read More was very quick at replying to our emails and phone calls. It was great having Sara and her team at Leicester country club on our side to make our reception everything we wanted and more!!! The memories we made that day will last a lifetime thanks to everyone at Leicester country club!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Lauren F

My husband and I got married at LCC on July 9, 2017. We had both our ceremony and reception here, and both the outdoor gazebo (for ceremony) and the indoor reception hall were amazing. We purchased one of the packages, which made the planning super easy. Our wedding coordinator,... Read More Sara, took care of everything for us! She touched base on timeline, went through every detail to make sure the ceremony and reception were seamless, and was accommodating for some of our more quirky desires (i.e., figuring out how to set up indoor lawn games and a game table). She set up our centerpieces, guest book table, etc. the day-of so that I had nothing to worry about. She checked in with us during the reception to make sure everything was going the way we wanted it to. She was AMAZING. I was left with zero regrets on my wedding day (and isn't that exactly how it should be?). I would recommend LCC to anyone in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Mimi R

Sarah and I got married April 29, 2017. Leicester Country Club was amazing! I understand why they are so highly rated. They are pros. They made me so comfortable, they were more than accommodating they cared and assisted with everything. They knew the big details and the the... Read More little ones to make the day go off without a hitch. If there was any issue that day, I didn't know about it, they just handled it. Chuck is awesome. Also, we did a golfing contest (closest putt, longest drive) that was just great! Again, they took care of the details and when we didn't have a club, they had one at the ready - So responsive and flexible! I wish I could give them higher than 5 stars! Also, completely gay friendly. Wonderfully happy and gracious for all couples.

2017-06-07T07:56:14 Response from the vendor

Such a fun wedding. Thank you for the kind words as well as letting us host your special day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 LeeAnn D

I am beyond thrilled with my wedding at LCC. From the organized, professional and friendly staff to the delicious food, nothing was short of amazing. LCC is affordable yet their ceremony and reception can compete with venues far more expensive. Thank you for giving me a wedding... Read More that exceeded all my expectations!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Wendy L

Our daughter and son in law just recently got married at the Leicester Country Club, the day and venue were absolutely perfect. All the requests we had were met by the club and was beyond what we expected. Every staff member was so professional we knew that we would have... Read More nothing to worrying about on that day including keeping our secret guest "Wally from the Red Sox" a complete surprise from the bride and groom. Several guests approached us raving about how phenomenal the food was, they loved the DJ (Sounds by Rich) the Florist (A Beautiful Bouquet) and the photographer (Jillian Rollins Photography) all highly recommended by the Country Club. We would not hesitate to recommend the Leicester Country Club to anyone. The pricing is reasonable, the facility is large and the grounds were beautiful. Many thanks to Chuck, Cheryl, Nancy, Sarah the kitchen and wait staff for a job well done! All have certainly earned the five stars! Thank You Wendy & Mike

2016-09-27T13:19:47 Response from the vendor

Wendy and Mike, It was certainly our pleasure hosting the big day. Such a great wedding with such an outstanding family. Best wishes. The Staff at the LCC

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Brittany K

Our wedding was everything we invisioned and more thanks to the Leicester country club staff who went above and beyond to make our night simply amazing.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 mary

We couldn't have asked for more from Leicester Country Club for our daughter's wedding. It is a beautiful setting. The price is fantastic. Nancy Raymond patiently assisted us with every detail. Ours was an international wedding with the groom's family coming from France.... Read More The LCC allowed us to decorate with a French theme, serve French candy, etc. No matter who in your family is getting married, you will receive terrific service at a great price from the friendliest of staffs. I dreaded the whole notion of a wedding but it turned out to be easy and fun. Everyone had a GREAT time!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Meredith L

LCC did such an amazing job with our wedding day! Our wedding coordinator, Nancy, was amazing!! She was so accommodating with our schedules to meet to discuss the day. She made everything exactly how we wanted! She even kept my husband's and my own food warm while we were... Read More mingling. (The food was great, by the way). She made everything go off without a hitch. We were so lucky to have her. The dance floor is nice and big and they recommended our DJ (Sounds By Rich, who did wonderful). They set up a candy buffet for us and the wait staff was very attentive to us. It was everything we wanted it to be and more. Thank you, Nancy and LCC !!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Joselyn E

Amazing food, service and great coordinator! Nancy made our day so much more special with all her support! Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Pearl P

Nancy and her staff were more than we could ask for. From the day we came to the office to book the venue to the day of the wedding nothing sort of phenomenal. I would surely recommend them to any event. I really appreciate their sincere care of us on that day. I don't know what... Read More we would have done without them. They are truly professional but also caring.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Paige D

Once we visited Leicester Country Club, we knew that this would be the place! Chuck was our wedding coordinator and we can't say enough wonderful things about him. He clearly holds a lot of experience in wedding planning and made the planning an absolute breeze. On the actual... Read More wedding day, everything went absolutely perfectly. All of the centerpieces, ceremony decorations, etc. were all set up for us by the staff at LCC which was absolutely wonderful. Chuck really takes care of every detail and had an answer to every question that we had throughout the planning process. I really can't say enough wonderful things about how smoothly the months leading up to it and the big day went because of Chuck and the rest of the staff here. Now we wish we could get married all over again!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Katie P

I cannot say enough good things about LCC! They were the perfect choice for our ceremony and reception!! Our ceremony was outside at the gazebo, it was picture perfect in every way. Our cocktail our was in the Leicester room and reception was in the ballroom - all spaces were so... Read More lovely. Chuck was more than accommodating with every little thing!! He was always very quick to respond and helped us make sure every detail was just perfect! Thank you Chuck and staff for an absolutely unforgettable evening!!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2016

This was the best wedding I've ever had *first wedding*! Seriously, though, the venue was BEAUTIFUL, the staff was very friendly, they had a to die for cheese platter design, and they had a military discount. Nancy was our wedding coordinator and she was AMAZING. She asked all... Read More the right questions and kept me completely at ease whenever we met. Definitely worth the money for the best day of my life.

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Nadia V

The LCC staff is amazing to work with they did everything I asked and then some they worked wonderfully with our other vendors and us. The food is amazing, and the staff was so polite and helpful. They also offer other services such as Justice of Peace, Cakes, Photographer and... Read More Florist. I will recommend this place to anyone looking for a great place at an amazing price!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Casey T

What an amazing staff to work with! Everything was seem less, I wouldn't change a thing. The food was amazing as well!