Lemster's Floral & Gift

Valparaiso, IN

Centerpieces, Bouquets, Flower Arrangements

108 Franklin St., Valparaiso, IN

Reviewed on 1/30/2016

I have used Lemster's Florist for over 40 years and I think they get better every time I use them. I have always, always been pleased. So glad to have Lemster's in our community!

Sadness in our family

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I feel a little better seeing two other negative posts about Lemster's Floral in Valparaiso, Indiana—I have used this company for the last 20 or more years and just can't believe the mistake they made regarding flowers for a funeral. First, they did not charge me the correct... Read More "local" price for the flowers, instead using the internet floral service commission structure. I had to correct them again letting them know that I have used them for decades and did not find them on the web via FTD, or other flower services. The tragedy happened when they did not look at their notes for my telephone number, and instead referred to their outdated mailing list that had an old number. I never received the call and the flowers never made it to a very important funeral. They never bothered to look at their notes for the order and never tried to contact others in the community for my contact info. This is a small community and you would think they would go the extra mile and try to get in touch. The order was cancelled and this has caused incredible pain in our family. Times are changing, I guess, and can't believe they did not just ask one person ordering flowers, or call the funeral home to see if I could be contacted. I did talk with the owner and he said he did not "want to get stiffed" for the $250 flower order. Florists used to be an important part of the community, these days it's just about the dollar.

Absolutely what I wanted

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Tina G

The owner took the time to meet personally with us to help design exactly what I had in mind for the bouquets, centerpieces, and the rest of the flowers. He was able to incorporate my favorite flowers, lilacs, into the arrangements even though they were not in season locally.