Centerpieces, Bouquets, Flower Arrangements

108 Franklin St., Valparaiso, IN

Reviewed on 1/30/2016

I have used Lemster's Florist for over 40 years and I think they get better every time I use them. I have always, always been pleased. So glad to have Lemster's in our community!

Sadness in our family

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I feel a little better seeing two other negative posts about Lemster's Floral in Valparaiso, Indiana—I have used this company for the last 20 or more years and just can't believe the mistake they made regarding flowers for a funeral. First, they did not charge me the correct... Read More "local" price for the flowers, instead using the internet floral service commission structure. I had to correct them again letting them know that I have used them for decades and did not find them on the web via FTD, or other flower services. The tragedy happened when they did not look at their notes for my telephone number, and instead referred to their outdated mailing list that had an old number. I never received the call and the flowers never made it to a very important funeral. They never bothered to look at their notes for the order and never tried to contact others in the community for my contact info. This is a small community and you would think they would go the extra mile and try to get in touch. The order was cancelled and this has caused incredible pain in our family. Times are changing, I guess, and can't believe they did not just ask one person ordering flowers, or call the funeral home to see if I could be contacted. I did talk with the owner and he said he did not "want to get stiffed" for the $250 flower order. Florists used to be an important part of the community, these days it's just about the dollar.

Miscommunication but over all good experience

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Ashley D

While my Bouquet, my girls bouquets, the corsages, boutonnieres, and such turned out very well. there was a slight mishap with the flowers for my girls hair. They changed the flower because THEY didnt think it would work.. without consulting with me.. which resulted in them... Read More having to do what I wanted (which Did work and looked amazing) and having to deliver them. And then they forgot one. So they had to redeliver. I'm not sure if it was this... that caused them to be late to the church or not.. But they were throwing up decorations on the pews as my guests were coming through the doors.. and we were having to throw boutonnieres and corsages on the wedding party, parents, and readers.. right before they walked down the aisle. They centerpieces they made for the reception..they worked... however.. I feel like I could have done better.

Absolutely what I wanted

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Tina G

The owner took the time to meet personally with us to help design exactly what I had in mind for the bouquets, centerpieces, and the rest of the flowers. He was able to incorporate my favorite flowers, lilacs, into the arrangements even though they were not in season locally.

BEAUTIFUL flowers!

Reviewed on 7/13/2013 Season S

Our flowers from Lemster's were absolutely PERFECT for the big day! Our colors were coral and yellow, and Jeff was great about working with our ideas and making them even better! Lemster's was great about working with our budget and doing their best to make everything beautiful... Read More for our special day. Jeff was very straightforward with us about things he thought would look good or would be out of season (and more expensive!), and we really appreciated his honesty and attentiveness. Lemster's also listened to our suggestions and really did a wonderful job with our bouquets and centerpieces. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on my bouquet - a mix featuring dahlias, lilies and roses in white, coral, yellow and green. I'm so glad we were able to go in with a few ideas, and Lemster's knew just what to do to turn them into something amazing. We couldn't have asked for more beautiful arrangements!

Start a Conversation!