Wedding Photography

Our approach is straightforward; capture the special moments of your wedding with beautiful, elegant and natural looking photographs.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

6 Shamokin Lane, East Islip, NY Long Island, East End, North Fork, Worldwide (631) 446-1390

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Patricia L

John was the absolute best choice for a photographer for our wedding! He was professional, prompt, fun, friendly, and captured our wedding beautifully! From the beginning he made sure he got to know us as a couple and our style, and the type of pictures we wanted. He also made... Read More sure that on our big day we got all the pictures we wanted and we never had to sacrifice any of our reception or cocktail hour to do so! He was also able to take such wonderful candid pictures of those special moments without us even realizing he was there! My husband and I can’t say enough wonderful things about John and we highly recommend him for anyone getting married! He is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Allie S

John Lennon is an amazingly gifted photographer. He photographed our wedding this summer and I was blown away by his work. His pictures capture so much beauty and emotion, he is truly gifted at what he does and is an incredibly kind person. Working with John was such a pleasure,... Read More I recommend him to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Andrew S

We were lucky to have Lennon Photo for our wedding. John helped us out so much with the whole process, he was incredibly personable, friendly, easy going, and took amazing pictures! For our wedding it was really important to get great pictures as this is a once in a lifetime... Read More moment. I loved how John captured all the moments so perfectly and unobtrusively. These are amazing pictures that will last a lifetime and we'll be proud to show our grandchildren one day. I would recommend John for anything that involves a camera!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Thomas B

Working with Lennon Photo was an absolute pleasure. John went above and beyond what my wife and I could ever expect. John took the time planning out our wedding photos to allow for amazing quality, different locations, time sensitive photos including an amazing sunset... Read More picture. John did this by exploring the surrounding area days prior to the weeding in order to find the best lighting combined with the breath taking scenery. John also made he presence subtle at the weeding, he understood when to let my wife and my self enjoy the wedding and to when pull us away for a photo opportunity. I can never thank John enough for the job he did on our most special day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Jessica M

I definitely would recommend Lennon Photo for your wedding! We used John as our photographer for our wedding in March in St Augustine, FL. He is the sweetest guy. Before our big day came he emailed us to get the names of our immediate family and our bridal party. When the big... Read More day came he called everyone by name. It was such a nice touch and made everyone feel so comfortable. We had so much fun taking our photos. I could not have asked for a better photographer in a million years. Our photos came out breathtaking and now we can relive our magical day looking through all of our gorgeous photos!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Staci S

Lennon Photo has been a huge part in capturing memories of our engagement and wedding day. John always knows the best spots and the right angles to not only take beautiful photos, but caputure genuine moments that transfer into priceless photos that you'll have forever. John... Read More makes you a priority no matter what, and always makes you feel at ease-- he's got it under control! He is an absolute pleasure to work with and delivers on every promise he makes.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kristin R

I definitely would recommend Lennon Photo for your wedding! John was my photographer. He's such a nice guy, even the bridesmaids commented on how nice he was. He asked for all their names beforehand so he could learn them the morning of. He's not one of those annoying... Read More photographers who asks you to take ridiculous pictures. Our photos came out beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kelly M

My husband and I chose John as our photographer for our September 9th Long Island wedding and he truly exceeded our expectations. Working with John was honestly like working with one of our closest friends. He truly captured how amazing we felt on our special days. We were... Read More honestly in tears when we received our pictures. His turn around time was very fast. Finding our perfect photographer was stressful for me but picking John was a blessing. Best investment we ever made.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Katie M

John Lennon is Literally the best! We got married in August in Upstate New York and are completely obsessed with our photos. Not only are his Photos amazing but he is an absolute pleasure to work with and be around. You won't find a photographer more genuine than John. His... Read More passion for his job is refreshing and contagious. He brought good vibes all day long on August 5th! We really enjoyed getting to know him throughout our wedding process and will definitely keep in touch.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Amanda P

I highly recommend John, he photographed our wedding September 16, 2017 upstate. He was a breeze to work with. His attention to detail was perfect. He was quick with editing the photos as well, we got them online 3 weeks after the wedding. His shots are creative and he really... Read More works with you to figure out your vision. My husband even said his favorite part of the day was taking photos (he hates taking photos) so he was comfortable the whole time. 10 stars !

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Allison S

John Lennon did a fantastic job and we highly recommend him, 6 stars if possible, to all our family and friends. We got married in NYC and the weather was less than perfect. We planned the perfect day but the one thing we could not control was the weather. John kept me calm... Read More and cool through his reassurances that the photos would be amazing. He has a confidence which is contagious and we totally trusted him. He photographed many of our friend's weddings and their photos were so perfect. He captures more than a pretty photo, he captures who you are and the love you feel. Two weeks after our wedding he had completed his edits and my inbox chimed with a message from John. I couldn't believe what I saw! The photos are absolutely stunning! I didn;t realize how pretty I looked. I guess that's because even though I could see myself in the mirror, John captured me with my LOVE. Every single photo is perfect. This was far and away the best decision we made. Please hire John Lennon. You'll be amazed!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Maria T

I am so thrilled that my husband and I chose Lennon Photo to photograph our wedding on May 12th 2017 at the Bellport Country Club. A month later and the compliments are still pouring in on how stunning our pictures came out. He is truly a class act with a spectacular eye and... Read More gift for magazine-worthy wedding photography. As a bride who values the importance of style and details, John hit the head right on the nail for what we wanted. My husband and I are both people who prefer to stray away form the traditional/posed look of photos and wanted our theme and style to be more natural, candid, and capture a “dreamy” and romantic essence. I could not believe how perfectly John was able to capture that exact essence throughout our entire day, and how he was able to reflect our personalities and style through the photos. From the first time we met John at my parents' house, I instantly connected with his amazing, positive energy. His great attitude and his love for his craft was so apparent that it was difficult to not want to hire him within the first hour of meeting him. He made the entire process so relaxed and easy, and there wasn’t one moment leading up to the wedding day that I didn't trust him. There was not one late email, phone-call or response, and his knack for organizing, scheduling and just “checking-in” was impressive. In fact, any email I sent him with questions was answered instantly-within minutes! He exudes the perfect amount of professionalism while also being so approachable and easy to talk to at the same time. Throughout the morning of the wedding and “getting ready”, John captured all the perfect moments, from being silly with my bridesmaids, to the emotional moment of the first look with my father at the bottom of the stairs. John was there for it all. We have so many moments that many photographers may not choose to capture. Aside from the traditional shots, he allowed us to just have fun, laugh and be ourselves and was able to photograph us in the most genuine moments. Every time I look at the photos, they bring me back to those intimate moments that you hope to never forget. The ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were all photographed absolutely beautifully. Although it's hard to choose, my favorite set of pictures are the ones of just my husband and I in between the ceremony and cocktail hour. We took pictures outdoors, mostly at the beach, and words cannot describe John’s eye for the perfect lighting, and ability to shoot amongst nature and outdoor beauty. The pictures are so natural and just overall STUNNING, and the joy and love in our eyes and faces was evident in every single photo. John was such a good spirit with the entire bridal party, and we all had a blast working with him. My bridesmaids and groomsmen still talk about how awesome he was! One of the perks about having John as our photographer was the fact that he edited and sent us the photos within just days! He even had some up the next day for my mom in time for Mother's Day! Every single photo was perfection. I felt like I can relive all of the moments – the big ones, small ones, and all the intimate behind the scenes moments in between that are just as meaningful. I cannot thank John enough for our beautiful photos, and for giving us a seamless experience throughout our wedding journey. He is truly a talented photographer and artist, and we could not be more thankful that he was the one to capture our wedding day.

2017-06-12T19:05:18 Response from the vendor

I don't usually respond to reviews (although TheKnot tells me I should). This review from Maria and Dave is so sweet that I had to say something. First off, thank you for writing it and most importantly thank you for hiring me. Secondly, I feel... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Michelle W

John Lennon of Lennon Photo is absolutely phenomenal! I had the pleasure of being a bridesmaid in a wedding that he photographed in 2012, for one of my closest friends. I worked locally in East Islip at the time, and after the wedding I would often see John come in to buy... Read More batteries for his cameras. We would chat and I remember being amazed at how he remembered me from the wedding, and how he genuinely seemed interested in talking with me. I always told him that I would love to have him photograph my wedding some day. In 2015, I got engaged and of course I called John. I had not worked in East Islip in a few years, and I thought that he most likely would not remember me. But I was wrong, he very much remembered! His memory of the people he meets is outstanding. I was so thrilled that he was willing to meet with us. An important thing to remember with wedding photography, not only is there significant work that goes into the wedding day itself, but there is a great deal of planning and organizing before and after the wedding. During the months leading up to our wedding, John sent us photo ideas for my father-in-law’s 1956 Ford pick up truck that we were using as our transportation. The picture he captured of us driving away in the truck is one of our favorites, and we have a framed copy on the wall in our home. He also created a timeline for us to help us plan out our special day. John was always willing to speak with us via phone or e-mail and meet with us in person whenever we had any questions or ideas. Our wedding photos are stunning! We were married in April 2016 on a cloudy and rainy day, but the weather was no obstacle for John. He is great with generating ideas in all types of situations. We are still in awe of how smart John’s photos are and the emotions and personalities they capture. Our photo album looks like something straight out of a magazine, it is incredible. Our parents are also overjoyed with their albums and appreciated the careful thought and planning that John put into them. Our photos are fantastic in every way, but we think John’s personality is what truly makes this experience so valuable. He is humble, thoughtful, and has a wonderful sense of humor that kept us laughing and helped calm our nerves. John understands how important a wedding day is for a couple and whole-heartedly shares in that joy with you. He is always willing to listen to you and use his expertise to help you create memories that will last forever. John is always looking for ways to improve his craft and attends seminars and workshops to expand his knowledge. His work is natural, beautiful, clever, and unique. John is a real person, with real ideas, and he has a passion for the work that he does. We are so thankful that he photographed our wedding and would highly recommend him to anyone getting married. He truly is THE BEST! :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jaclyn G

I found John's work on the Knot by browsing reviews and his gallery. I loved the intimate candids he captured and he delivered the same quality at our wedding. He was happy to coordinate planning between myself and my parents who were in state and able to meet with him,... Read More accommodated my husband's weird divorced family dynamics, and memorized every family member's name upon meeting them. We customized our album cover and John was great in making sure our design was perfect. Very happy with this service and our thousand awesome photos.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lindsey C

John was an absolute pleasure to work with. He made our special day perfect by capturing so many wonderful moments. We are 100% satisfied with our wedding pictures and people have not stopped complimenting on how great a job our photographer did. We had a larger than normal... Read More wedding party and John did not have a problem with that and made the experience fun and enjoyable for us all. We are very happy that we went with John Lennon for our photographer and we would highly recommend him. Thank you John for capturing the special moments during our special day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Erica S

John Lennon is amazing! He is thoughtful, kind, organized and most importantly a phenomenal photographer. My husband and I chose John by recommendation as well as our own experience with his work as part of my brother and sister in laws bridal party. He was extremely responsive... Read More any time I had a question and so well organized. He made such an effort to learn about us as a couple, which is evident in the photographs. He provided a wedding time line which he reviewed with us several times prior to the wedding. He also wanted a background on our bridal party and family which helped things go extra smooth the day of the wedding. I know for a fact that he familiarized himself with all of the information I provided him with as he addressed members of our family and bridal party by their name. During both our engagement photo shoot and wedding photos John provided the perfect balance of direction and letting us be ourselves. I cant thank him enough for capturing such beautiful moments from our wedding. I already have and will continue to recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Rich N

John was attentive, thoughtful and seemingly omnipresent during our wedding this past August. He captured so many moments we will treasure forever and he did so in a completely unobtrusive manner. He has a great eye and very enjoyable to work with. We couldn't have asked for a... Read More better photographer and we would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Erica D

John is an outstanding photographer, professional, and totally honest. He is all about the bride, groom and family. He is well organized and makes the brides day relaxed at the same time captures amazing photos. Both my daughters based on their own decisions hired John. He... Read More is personable and knows how to make your wedding day just PERFECT!!! John takes control of the day and doesn't end there. He takes the time to meet with you after your wedding to select the pictures for your album, thank you cards etc. He guides you through the process and gives you amazing ideas on how to organize your album. He has patience to design, and redesign for your review until you are completely happy with the end product. His pictures are BREATHE Taking!!! I would recommend you to hire John Lennon Photography as I don't believe you will find anyone better as 2 of my daughters hired him. My first daughter hired John three years ago based on a referral from Bellport Country Club, how he presented his product and the beautiful pictures we saw. What John tells you and the product he shares with you is exactly what you get. The final pictures came out amazing and we were extremely happy!!! My younger daughter hired John this year based on the experience her sister had and the amazing reviews he continued to receive. John took the time to gear the day around what she wanted and took the time to meet with her as often as she need to be confident her day and pictures would be beyond her expectations. We just got the proofs and they were AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Erica V

I met John in 2014 when he was the photographer for my sisters wedding. To say he did an unbelievable job would be an understatement. After Joe and I got engaged there was no question that we wanted to book John for our wedding. As every bride knows, wedding planning can be... Read More stressful, however, working with John was such a fun and easy process. Having John around the morning of truthfully felt like he was part of the family. He is such an enjoyable and down to earth person to be around and on top of it he has an INCREDIBLE talent for what he does. If you are looking for someone who captures real, true, honest and in the moment types of pictures he is your guy! What we really loved about John was how he cared to get to know the type of people Joe and I were and cared about what WE wanted. He wanted to know all about our friends and families. He made sure to know everyones names (which is not easy when you have a bridal party of 21 + 9 family members) but he did it! Having a good photographer was such an important part to us because this is how we would be able to relive the memories of such a special day. We look at our pictures almost everyday and I am still in awe at how breathtaking they came out. I can't say enough about how wonderful John is. I have and would recommend John to everyone and anyone. John - you are INCREDBILE!!!!!! Joe and I can not thank you enough for all you did to make our wedding day so special. Because of you, we will be able to keep the memories alive for years and years to come of what was one of the greatest days of our lives. =)

Reviewed on 9/30/2016

Lennon Photo is the best! John met with my now wife and I on several occasions prior to our wedding and went over all of the different options he was able to offer. John allows you and your guests to enjoy themselves and captures real life moments, instead of having your... Read More generic cheesy staged photos. John & his assistant Kerri went out of their way to know everyone in the wedding party's name, our parents, loved ones, even played with our dogs! Lennon photo goes over and above for their clients. John did our engagement photos and our wedding photos and we could not be happier that we chose John! The quality of John's pictures and our album is remarkable. Kirstyn and I would recommend anyone looking for a personable, funny, kind and talented photographer to go with John Lennon from Lennon Photo. Ryan and Kirstyn Gillies (Islip Terrace, NY)

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Carissa G

I instantly hit it off with John at a local coffee shop . We had a lovely conversation about life, how I met my now husband, about our wedding and of course about his work- which was exactly what I was looking for. He really has a way of capturing the sweetest moments that you... Read More didn't even recognize were happening. The day of the wedding at the Snapper Inn in Oakdale, he knew my bridal party's names, he was quick, efficient but most importantly so detailed and so attentive to everyone and every thing that was happening around us. My wedding guests are still talking about him and I will always highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Mary-jo M

When my daughter and her husband chose John Lennon from Lennon Photography, I knew they were in good hands. I had heard and read nothing but good things about his work, but when we received the pictures he took we were blown away. His pictures captured every detail and all of... Read More the wonderful moments throughout the day. He was wonderful to work with. He is very professional, personable, funny, patient and is a master behind the lens. Thank you John Lennon for giving us these wonderful photos and memories.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Danielle M

When i first saw my wedding photos i was in shock with how perfect they came out. john is by far the best photographer i have seen. He captured ever moment in the most perfect way. he was hands down amazing and thanks to him my husband and i have all of our favorite moments... Read More from our special day captured to remember forever. When we first picked john we new that he was going to do an amazing job but when the pictures came back they were above and beyond our expectations. Thank you john for capturing every moment in such a special way.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016

John is an absolute dream to work with, and it goes without saying that his photography skills are unsurpassed (as well as photo editing after the fact). I was familiar with both him and his work from my sister’s wedding, so when it came time to choose a photographer for my own,... Read More there was absolutely no question. We had such fun working with him- he is personable, funny, and absolutely dedicated to his craft. The hardest part of the entire process was choosing the photos to put into our album! From the hundreds of both posed and candid photos, there were simply too many fantastic shots to choose from. We just received the final product, and the album and it is absolutely stunning! I can’t say enough about how wonderful it is to work with him.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Joe P

If you want a photographer who cares about capturing the "little moments" of your wedding day, the candid shots that embody the emotion of the party, this is the photographer for you. John Lennon was a dream to work with. We knew he took quality pictures because my... Read More now-brother-in-law used him as the photographer in his wedding a few years prior. John was such a calming force the day of - I honestly think I would've had a nervous breakdown if it weren't for his reassurance that everything was on schedule. His prices are very reasonable and he ended up spending more time with us than we initially planned. He is more concerned about capturing the moments than watching the clock and has such a positive attitude. He has his own ideas about what "works" for the more staged photographs - family photos, wedding party photos etc. but was always willing and excited to take direction from us as we were going through with different shots we wanted. We went with his digital only package and the photos were available within two weeks after the wedding date. The pinnacle of professionalism and positivity. So glad we placed our trust in John to capture our special day!

John Lennon

I believe that each bride and groom have a unique story to tell. I love to joke around and my best friends are quick-witted, clever and smart. I love family and wine... yes those two go together. I will never settle for second best and neither should you. I will deliver the most heartwarming, fun and exciting moments to you. Most of the time you’ll never know I took the picture. I will not over pose you… and I will not leave you hanging. Some of my clients are shy and some are not. Everyone gets beautiful photos, I don’t discriminate. Feel free to call. I'm friendly.