Lewis Orchard Weddings

New Era, MI

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

For those who've always dreamed of having a classic country wedding, it doesn't get any more gorgeous than a lush orchard. Lewis Orchard Weddings—in New Era, Michigan—has more than 700 acres of verdant fruit trees to enjoy for wedding pictures, ceremonies and receptions that are unforgettable. It's all laid out across endless groves and wide-open fields.

It goes without saying that it's an ideal spot for rustic themes, thanks to tons of natural wood and a family atmosphere. This venue is also a good fit for elegant weddings with a relaxed feel. Pick a time when the trees are blossoming or filled with fruit for an especially beautiful backdrop.

Great wedding photos are easy to capture here—your biggest problem will be deciding which ones are your favorites—in countless different spots. Snap a picture of bride and groom dancing alone among the rows of trees. Or get a glimpse of the happy couple sharing a tender moment while reclining in the abundant afternoon shade. Even playful pictures count here, be it of the entire wedding party frolicking through the fields or newlyweds lying down looking up at the blue sky. Everything is romantic and intimate.

The Wedding Arbor is your venue for the wedding ceremony. When it comes to space, your only limitations are really the amount of seating you're able to get for the event. That's because the arbor is placed in the center of a large clearing surrounded by greenery. The grove provides a lovely background as you say your vows. Rough-hewn wood beams add a definite touch of rustic flair, while the sound of birds and a soft breeze relaxes at the same time.

The Pavilion can hold up to 200 guests for a seated reception featuring love, laughter and family. It's still open air so you can watch the setting sun or slow dance under the stars as a couple. But since it's also covered, you don't need to worry about any evening showers. Romantic string lighting provides distinctive illumination from beginning to end and makes for a stunning dance floor. For a bit of warmth and charm, there's also a stone fire pit.

An event coordinator is available to you from day one. They help a lot with all the little wedding details like what vendors to pick, how to arrange the flow of your event and even what kind of theme fits your personality best. They're also flexible and smart in the case of unexpected emergencies like rain. They can switch things to the pavilion if need be in a heartbeat. And since the event coordinator is on-hand the day of, they take care of things so you don't have to.

You have almost unlimited freedom to design the wedding you want. There are no vendor restrictions whatsoever—except that the caterer you choose must be licensed, ditto if you're serving alcohol—so you can pick your favorites. And have fun with decor. If you want rose petals and votive candles, then that's what you'll have.

It's safe to say that Lewis Orchard Weddings offers a few amenities that are like no other. They add extra style to the occasion while also keeping guests entertained—and newlyweds comfortable.

• Petting farm
  • Handcrafted benches for ceremony
  • Private wedding wagon

The petting farm has a pretty unique variety of animals. And don't pretend that kids are the only ones who are going to be visiting the prairie dogs:

• Zebus
  • Pheasants
  • Peacocks
  • A camel named Jeffrey

Country Wedding Venue in West Michigan

We can host your wedding ceremony, and/or reception at our farm in West Michigan. Our venue offers the option of a casual setting or it can be elegantly transformed for a traditional and sophisticated affair. It's your special day... you choose! Our ceremony Orchard with Rustic Wooden Arbor is the perfect setting to say "I Do". Your reception at the large pavilion can seat a maximum of 200 guests inside at round tables. In the evenings, the pavilion area is aglow with string bulb lighting, giving the area a romantic ambiance. Before the night is over cuddle up or roast some s'mores at our gorgeous stone fire pit area.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch

Cakes + Desserts, Planning, Shuttle Service

4180 W M 20, New Era, MI (231) 861-5730
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Jennifer M

It was the most Perfect Day! Becca at Lewis Farms went above and beyond to make sure our day was exactly what we wanted! I couldn't be more happy with how it went! I have received more than 100 compliments on how amazing the venue and wedding was and how fun the setting was! All... Read More of my friends want to be married in an apple orchard now. I was so impressed with everything at Lewis Farms!!! (Especially Becca, who is their wedding coordinator) They deserve 10/5 stars! It was that perfect!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Donald I

The wedding turned out just as we had hoped. When your daughter, the bride, tells you on the following day it was the wedding of her dreams... well what can you say? Lewis Orchard was the perfect place. Becca especially was extremely knowledgeable and professional. She did... Read More everything she promised and then some. Thank you Becca for helping make the day special and making us all feel welcome. We would heartily recommend Lewis Orchard for any couple seeking the perfect place for an outdoor wedding.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 sara w

Lewis Farms was the PERFECT venue for our special day!!! Everything went so much better than I could have imagined. The rain held off, thank goodness! It was windy, but we were able to put some of the sides of the pavilion down and you couldn't even tell it was windy!... Read More Everyone loved that you could roam freely and pet all the animals during the reception. We were even able to hold baby goats, that was such a huge hit among so many of our guests, myself included! The venue itself is very clean and fun, everyone of all ages had a blast! The wagon ride to the ceremony seemed to be a hit for everyone as well! There are so many wonderful photo options at this venue, and it is so so beautiful! They recently added a patio fireplace area which I was super excited for! However, it was a wee bit hot like 80* so we didn't use it very much. It would be so perfect for a fall wedding. You also get to work with Becca, the event coordinator who is so easy to work with and will do whatever it takes to ensure your event goes as planned! She was such a life saver, always replied very quickly to emails. I would definitely recommend Lewis Farms for your wedding and your reception, it was so perfect and I've had so many rave reviews!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Arielle S

My husband and I had both our cermony and reception at Lewis Orchard Weddings and we could not have been more pleased with our experience. Becca, the event planner was reachable almost any time of the day to answer questions and help relieve some of my pre weddings nerves. Plus... Read More having private access to the petting farms during the reception kept kids both old and young entertained for the evening. I would have to say that my favorite part of the day was the s'mores bar and the wagon ride for the guests and the wedding party. I highly recommend this venue for brides looking for a family friendly environment with a rustic outdoor atmosphere.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Amanda M

My June wedding turned into a rainy day...what no bride wishes for! However, the staff at Lewis Orchards did a fabulous job accommodating us and our guests. Everything continued to run smooth and my guests were able to enjoy the animals (especially the baby goats!) and had an... Read More unforgettable night!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Megan L

The Lewis staff did an incredible job, both in the lead-up to the wedding and on the day itself. They were quick to help and wonderful with the guests. We've had so many comments from our family and friends about how much they loved the venue. Definitely recommend Lewis Orchard!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Laura D

Becca, and the Lewis Farm team, were fantastic throughout the whole wedding process. The location now offers a fire pit, which was great for smoores, and was even added by the team. The only regret we had was that we didn't order the kettle corn for our guests. My husband's... Read More quite the kettle corn aficionado, and he felt in love at first bite. The entire staff at the venue was incredibly responsive, and fantastic about coaching us through the wedding process, which was a first wedding for both the bride's and groom's family. We couldn't say enough positive things about this venue and our coordinator Becca.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Ashley P

My husband and I had a July wedding at the farm and it was beautiful. We had the ceremony and the reception there and everything went so smoothly I was extremely impressed.Everyone was so incredibly helpful, especially Becca who responded to emails and phone calls very promptly... Read More and was there for us the entire day of our event. All our guests were thrilled at all there was to do, no one was bored, everyone had great pictures, and the kids loved it especially. We did not have to do much to make the venue beautiful as it was already so picturesque, but what we did do was easily done within the parameters of the contract we signed with them! I would recommend the farm especially for weddings, but also for family reunions and birthday parties!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

My daughter just had her wedding reception at Lewis Farm and Orchard. It was so beautiful and fun! Right from the beginning, the coordinator Becca, was so helpful and responsive to any questions we had. We were allowed to bring in our own caterers, decorate the beautiful... Read More pavilion in the manner my daughter desired. We had access to their refrigerators for food, the new fire pit for s’mores and of course the games, animals and jumping pillows. We are still receiving compliments on the beautiful, unique and fun reception. The farm is very clean and Becca and her helpers had all the tables and chairs just as we desired and were available and helpful throughout the setup, the reception and take down. They have a beautiful orchard that you can use for your wedding; however my daughter wanted to get married on the beach. We all highly recommend this place for your wedding. Thank you Becca and everyone at the Farm.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Lewis Orchard was a lovely venue for my Niece & her husband's wedding. Set up was easy. The help from Becca was fantastic. She seemed to be there 24/7 for us. She had answers for all our questions and very helpful with any thing we needed. She even helped us clean up after. The... Read More petting zoo was enjoyed by all. It is very well maintained the animals all seem to be happy. The wooden toys for kids to play on kept the little ones busy all night. The Big Rocking Chair is really neat. The orchard setting for the actual wedding was beautiful Thanks Becca for making Annie and Mark's day so special.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

We can't say enough good things about Lewis Orchard Weddings. We received so many compliments from our guests about how unique and fun the venue was. Everyone loved riding through the orchard to the ceremony site, and we were surprised to see that adults enjoyed the animals... Read More just as much as the kids! Also, Becca was amazing to work with. From giving us general wedding advice, to recommending specific vendors, she was helpful every step of the way. I so appreciated her incredible responsiveness. Thanks Lewis Farms & Becca!

Reviewed on 3/03/2016 Erin D

Adam and I could not have chosen a more perfect and unique place to have our wedding and reception. The weather cleared up just in time for the ceremony to be held in the orchard. The reception area decorates beautifully and had so much charm. What added even more charm was the... Read More animals, everyone loved them! It was a perfect place for our perfect day!

The Best!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015

Lewis Orchard was THE BEST place to have our wedding and reception! The Orchard was beautiful and they provided cute wooden benches and a barn wood arch to hold the ceremony under. Becca the event coordinator went above and beyond her duties and helped our wedding day run... Read More smoothly! Back on the farm, where the reception is held is great for a wedding with lots of little guests! The activities there and animals were a great to keep the kids busy! Then their parents could enjoy themselves! It was all around beautiful and all the staff that helped were just as great! I few people have even booked their weddings there since attending ours!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 7/03/2015

We picked this venue because we wanted to get married in the orchard. It rained on our wedding day so we had to move to their pavilion. They were great about working with us until just a couple of hours before the ceremony to make the official call on location. The pavilion... Read More ended up being beautiful. It was decorated beautifully and I loved it! I loved our day at Lewis'. All of our guests gave the venue praise as well with the exception of the muddy parking lot due to the rain. No big deal in my opinion, but I was brought right to the door. :) Overall, I am so so happy with our venue choice. Lewis Farm Market is definitely recommend as a wedding venue by me! The people there are just wonderful too. Becca, wedding planner for the market, was great about answering questions throughout my planning.