Lex Nelson Photography

Midcoast Maine and serving the greater New Engalnd area

Lex Nelson Photography

Hello and welcome! I'm a wedding photographer based in Yarmouth, Maine and serving all of New England. I shoot both film and digital to create beautiful and timeless images. I love combining a candid, documentary style, with a romanic feel to capture honest and emotional moments. Specializing in intimate, non-traditional weddings, I am inspired by natural light and outdoor ceremonies. I am enamored with this big, beautiful world. I adore the couples that I work with and will climb to epic heights to capture your love. No seriously, let's go climb a mountain together :)

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Midcoast Maine and serving the greater New Engalnd area (207) 358-9858

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Taylor C

Lex is an absolute dream to work with and she made our wedding photo dreams come true! She was willing to do whatever it took to make us happy, including a single day roundtrip to where we live for our engagement photos. From the moment we met her, we were beyond comfortable... Read More with her for our engagement photos and spending our wedding day with her was a blast. I am so obsessed with the photos that she captured of us and everyone I show them to is nearly speechless. Lex is amazingly talented and will capture your wedding day, from the details to the big moments, in a beautiful, romantic, and amazing way. Book her now!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Courtney S

My husband and I could literally not be any happier with Lex! She was such a huge part in our day's success and is so fun to work with. Not only did she make the photos fun (which led to some seriously beautiful and natural looking shots) but she also worked out a timeline for... Read More us to make sure we didn't miss any of the party. Finding an amazing photographer was our most important decision when choosing our vendors, and we are beyond in love with our photos! Aside from the quality of our wedding album, our guests could not stop commenting on how fun and attentive Lex was throughout the day. At one point, she literally laid down on the floor to capture a picture of our group of cousins dancing in a circle!! If you're looking for someone who will capture the moments you want to remember (in the most beautiful way possible), Lex Nelson Photography is who you want to hire. Lex was able to perfectly capture our day and even sent us a usb with our pictures neatly organized into folders for each part of the day. We have not been able to stop looking at them ever since she released them to us, and are lucky enough to be able to re-live our perfect day and each moment every time we go through our album. I promise you will not regret booking Lex Nelson Photography.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Katie K

Lex is fabulous! We were so fortunate to book Lex for our wedding Memorial Day weekend in Boothbay, Maine. Lex is very easy to work with, extremely organized and she captured our wedding perfectly. The final product is stunning. My husband and I have looked through our album... Read More multiple times and the wedding was only 2 months ago. She was also timely on getting us the final product, our pictures arrived much earlier then expected. I can not recommend Lex enough!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Erika M

Lex was a dream to work with during our recent wedding! We were initially drawn to her stunning photographs, but her personality and warmth sealed the deal once we were able to talk to her and meet her in person. Our photographs are AMAZING and we were commenting the other day... Read More that even though her photos indicate she was everywhere at once, she never once felt obtrusive or bossy during our wedding and reception. She is a wonderful photographer and a wonderful person - you won't regret working with her!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Brianna S

I can't express how amazing Lex was through our whole wedding process. Photography was really important for me when I was looking for vendors, and as soon as I spoke with Lex everything clicked. She doesn't take herself too seriously, which put me at ease. We did engagement,... Read More boudoir and wedding pictures with her and she made every shoot fun and natural. It was like working with a friend. Not only did Lex have the most fun and professional demeanor, but everything she sent us was of the highest quality. She is able to capture light and sensitivity in special moments. She is capable of capturing traditional portraits as well as artistic, photojournalistic shots. Everything was perfect working with her, and I wouldn't change a thing. I recommend her to everyone!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Aisha W

I originally waited to write this review because I wanted to be sure that I did Lex justice and gave her the credit that she deserved, however I feel like this review still won't even come close to expressing how grateful I am that my husband and I booked her as our wedding... Read More photographer. Saying that Lex is the best in the business is an extreme understatement, and to top it all off she is an outstandingly sweet and incredible human being. When we first got engaged, I started seeking out a photographer because I knew that it would be quite the task (I researched and interviewed 31 photographers—Yes, you read that correctly). I found Lex earlier on in my search, and I quickly realized in my other interviews that no one really compared to her or was as compatible with my husband and I and what we were looking for in a photographer—We wanted super organic and natural photos that weren’t too staged or overly posed, however we definitely needed some direction since the last professional photos we each took were our senior portraits over 10 years prior. She was super accommodating to our budget and what type of coverage we needed for our wedding day. Fast forward to our engagement photos— Lex made us feel so comfortable and was so fun to be around—She just got us and got our vision. When our wedding day arrived, we couldn’t wait for Lex and her assistant to show up, because we knew our entire bridal party would love them and that they would capture our day perfectly. The whole day went by and we hardly even knew she was there (except when she literally stopped traffic and stood in the middle of a busy downtown intersection just to make sure she got the perfect shot, she’s that fearless and dedicated to her passion!)—She captured our day perfectly and our family and friends keep raving about how amazing she was and how great the photos are. We are forever grateful to Lex and look forward to enjoying our wedding photos for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Nicole B

Lex is a true artist who can work with any style. I was pretty particular with what I wanted captured and I think she absolutely nailed it. Being in front of the camera on an intimate level is tough for most people but she was great in keeping us calm and talking to us so that... Read More we were able to look natural. Her style is very unique and really isn't afraid to go outside the box. Smoke Bombs are amazing and her love of bridal veils is one of the many items she uses to create amazing photographs. But by far her biggest strength is the use of light. Her pictures are dreamy and make you feel like you're in a fairytale. I was so happy I chose Lex for my engagement photos and wedding and I assure you that you will feel the same

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Kim C

Lex is amazing - we LOVED working with her. First of all, she is so approachable and fun to be around. A few guests came up to us and said how they loved her direction to pose a certain way in a photo to make the photo work better... and how she did it in a fun, professional... Read More way. She also made my husband and I feel so comfortable and confident. Intimate photos made us a little nervous, and she made them so easy and made us feel great - you can tell she really cares about her couples. Second of all, she is incredibly talented. Everyone we have showed our photos to was blown away by how beautiful they are, and we cannot stop looking at how amazing the photos turned out. We cannot wait to see the rest of them! Thank you Lex!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Jessica V

Where can I start, Lex was truly an incredible part of our wedding experience! My husband is not a huge photo guy so the thought of engagement and wedding photos seemed like it was going to be a struggle. When we first met Lex before our engagement shoot those worries quickly... Read More went away, she could not have made the two of us feel more comfortable on top of getting some pretty amazing photos that everyone loves! One of my bridesmaids even booked her after having a great experience with her! She is extremely responsive, flexible, fun loving and makes you feel like a million dollars! Her work is incredible and we couldn't have been more pleased with how our photos turned out! Her passion for photography is evident and our family and friends are blown away by how she documented our special journey! BOOK HER NOW!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Alana C

I could not be happier with the photos Lex captured of our wedding day. She was delightful to work with from start to finish, and I never had a worry that we wouldn't get exactly what we were hoping for. She even walked into the cold September ocean for us in a trash the dress... Read More session. I am beyond thrilled and will be forever grateful that our perfect day was captured so perfectly. Thank you Lex!!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Paige K

I have great news: you don't need to look any further for a wedding photographer because you have found the best! Lex Nelson is extremely talented and such a fun person to work with! She goes above and beyond in every way. Choosing Lex Nelson Photography was by far the best... Read More decision I made in my entire wedding planning process! She traveled all the way from Chicago to Maine to photograph my wedding! She always responds to my emails very fast. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She is extremely friendly and our wedding photos are phenomenal. I could not be more happy with Lex Nelson Photography and I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Abbie K

Choosing Lex Nelson Photography was by far the best decision I could have made! Lex was so much fun and easy to work with. The moments she captured in every picture are breathtaking! I would absolutely recommend Lex Nelson Photography to anyone looking for a photographer! I... Read More am looking forward to hiring Lex again in the future!

Reviewed on 12/18/2015

I'm so happy we chose Lex to take photos for our couple shoot. My boyfriend and I wanted professional photos for our Christmas cards, but didn't have a place in mind. Lex took the reigns and recommended a location and setting that fit us perfectly. Not only was she professional,... Read More but Lex was personable and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. The turnaround for photos was so fast and they came out beautiful. I'll definitely be returning for engagement and wedding photos!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Alexandria S

We had the pleasure of Lex shooting our engagement photos. We were nervous as we had never had professional photos taken as a couple, but Lex's talent and friendly personality put us at ease. She allowed us to bring along our 9 year old Siberian Husky and managed to capture the... Read More most amazing shots of our VERY hyper dog. Every single photo in our gallery is perfectly captured and perfectly edited. We cannot wait to work with her for all of our upcoming events. As I'm writing this review I'm realizing that words can't really do justice for how amazing Lex and her photography is, but I hope this was a start!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Ashlyn R

I used Lex Nelson Photography for my last minute engagement shoot and I could not be any more please with how all the photos turned out! Lex is an extremely talented photographer and was really good at making my fiance' and I feel super comfortable in front of the camera,... Read More which is not always the easiest. I even suggested a second last minute location and she didn't hesitate to jump in a cab with us to get some awesome shots just before the sun set. I will treasure those moments she has captured forever.

Reviewed on 12/09/2015

Lex is so incredibly talented! I have nothing but amazing things to say about working with her. As a designer, I'm always looking out for talented artists to collaborate with, and Lex is a true inspiration. Every photo she took was in focus, beautifully colored, and supremely... Read More creative. You would feel so lucky to have her photograph your wedding or event – I guarantee it!

Lex Nelson

My name is Lex and I am a film and digital photographer in beautiful Maine. My roots are in New England, and my heart is with a wonderful Midwestern fellow. My Italian Greyhounds, Dory and Sharkbait, have me wrapped around their fingers (paws) and I can't start my day without a cup of coffee. I love yoga, oatmeal raisin cookies and giant bouquets of puffy hydrangeas. Being out on the ocean is my happy place and I believe sunshine is good for the soul.