Light of Shade Photography

Our goal behind each photograph is to capture not only the moment but the memory which will last forever. Each photograph we capture has our own unique touch. Please contact us to find out more details about the unique services and products we offer.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available

PO Box 598, Plainfield, IL

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Kristina M

Light of Shade is the best! So professional yet personable. We got all of our favorite moments captured on our special day!!! They are so easy to work with especially with a big family and lots of guests ok attendance. We are so happy with how our pictures turned out!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Christina P

Having Light of Shade as our photographer for the wedding, was one of the best decisions we made! Allan and Griselda were such a pleasure to work with! I knew from the first meeting with Griselda, that they are a company that really works hard to make sure that your Big Day is... Read More everything that you have imagined it to be. Griselda met with us on two or three different occasions to discuss what our vision was for the big day and the look that we were going for. She works to get down everything you are looking for and Allan takes that information and comes up with ideas that will best match your style. Allan and his team are an amazing group of photographers that exceeded our expectations. The day of our engagement shoot, the weather conditions turned out to be not so favorable, with slight drizzles and cloudy weather, but Allan was able to take the shots that we wanted and give us the results we were looking for, despite the weather conditions. Another aspect we liked about working with them, was the meeting with Griselda a couple weeks before the wedding. Not only did she go over the photography aspect of the wedding and our vision, but she also helped us to get a feel for how the day would be, gave us tips and how to optimize time and also gave her input on scheduling the day. It helped me to get a better understanding of the changes I needed to make so that things would run smoothly. On the day of, we still had a few timing issues (which would have been worse, had Griselda not encouraged me to change the time allotted for different things), but Allan and Griselda were so patient with us and our bridal party and gave me an amazing set of pictures that were captured so beautifully! I was a little worried that since we were so rushed during outdoor pictures, that we wouldn't have any good pictures of us at all, but even though there weren't many, the ones they did capture, were beyond what I had ever expected and I'm so glad that we chose them as our photographers. A good photographer is a must-have for a wedding and believe me when I say, you can't go wrong with Light of Shade!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Chicco C

I would highly recommend them! :)

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Roxy M

I am so happy I went with this photographer, Allan is such a great guy, you right away feel very welcomed and comfortable. He has a great eye for detail and makes sure to always get that perfect picture. You truly get a lot for your money! My engagement shoot was done in... Read More downtown chicago and we made sure to beat the crowd and left around 4am he had no problem with that! There wasn't a limit on the locations either! So happy with how they came out and I still get so many comments how cool they came out!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Victoria E

Allan and Griselda are a great team. Griselda takes care of all your questions and needs. Guests at our June 2016 wedding said we would have amazing pictures because ‘those guys were everywhere!’ Allan has a great eye for detail and really made things pop in the images. If we... Read More didn’t want something we told them to move on and if we needed a shot at the last minute, he was there. We received everything quickly and look forward to look at our photos for years to come. No hesitation booking again, my only suggestion is try to manage your time or have a time keeper. It’s so easy to get caught up in a moment or pose that it’s helpful to have someone to keep things moving. My husband and I loved the small company feel, never noticed the camera and had big results!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

Alan and his team are the absolutely fabulous!!! My husband and I are beyond thrilled with the amazing photos this talented photographers took at our wedding! They are great to work with and made us, our guests and our families feel completely at ease. They were able to capture... Read More all the emotions of the day and every single time we look at the photos of our wedding day. The pictures came out crystal-clear and even gave us a thumbprint with 1400+ pictures! So detailed oriented, I couldn’t be happier with the way the pics turned out! Alan is very artistic, professional, and flexible. His rates are very reasonable which is important to a "bride on a budget". Amazing job and great people to work with. We definitely will want to work with them again and refer them to all our friends and family. I cannot praise them enough for and their work.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

We loved working with Allan and Griselda. They are super friendly and great to work with. The photos of our wedding are spectacular. Their work really captured the beauty of our ceremony and reception. Beyond that, Light of Shade was very professional, punctual, and fun. Thank... Read More you for all your hard work and capturing such artistic images of our special day.

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 suzie m

We just shot our engagement photos with Allan and had so much fun. Allan is super creative and daring and his photos are one of a kind. We've seen one teaser photo so far (two days after they were shot) and LOVED it!! Griselda is amazing to work with and very patient (we have... Read More met three times already). Can't wait to see the rest of the engagement photos and for our wedding. THANK YOU

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Grace M

Right from the start they've been amazing. we had engagement pictures and Allan went with us all over downtown and gave us many different shots at various locations. our engagement album was beautiful! we cannot wait for our wedding day to arrive! we know everything will be... Read More beautiful. It feels like just after meeting them a few times that they know exactly what we want and also help me when i panic about little details like the weather (it was hailing the morning of our engagement pictures) or the timeline of the day and where to take pictures. They really know how to calm you down and give in their time and effort to make you a priority. i'm so glad we were referred to them! don't miss out, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016

Allan De Los Reyes is truly a one of a kind photographer. I am so glad he was our wedding photographer. I still find myself staring at our wedding photos in awe. He is creative, talented, and professional. Our wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous. He made my husband and I feel... Read More comfortable from the first meeting and we always trusted his vision. He made it very clear that it was all about us as a couple and we were sold. If you are looking for modern yet classic photography then Allan De Los Reyes is your guy!! Hands down THE best wedding photographer. Allan Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Wilhelmina M

I'm so happy we went with Light of Shade. From the moment I made contact with Griselda, it was as if we had been friends for a long time. It was easy talking with her about what I wanted for our wedding photos. As a Filipino bride getting married in a Catholic Church, it was... Read More very important to me that the Filipino traditions would be captured on film. I was relieved that I didn't have to explain or stress which photos had to be taken. Griselda took notes, welcomed photos and ideas of certain "poses" that I wanted. If I suggested something, she was upfront with me about whether it would be a good photo opportunity or not. We then met with Allan, our photographer. He was so patient with us on our engagement photo session. Allan took his time to ensure that we were comfortable in front of the camera. He also wanted to make sure we had taken all the photos that we wanted. I can definitely tell you that the other photography companies wouldn't spend the time that Allan did, without charging you extra. (We loved the way our engagement photos came out.) Griselda also meets with you prior to your wedding, to discuss the wedding timeline and any other details of your big day. This is incredibly valuable to a bride. Trust me on this. It's one of the benefits of choosing Light of Shade. Future bride and groom, do you want to trust a big, impersonal photography company to capture one of the most important moment in your lives? No? Do you want quality photos, personalized service, and no pricing gimmicks? Then please reach out to Light of Shade.

Reviewed on 3/11/2016 Tasha N

Wonderful people! Accommodating! They captured some great shots. Really transformed the pictures into art which I loved. I wish they had a checklist to follow because I wasn't good at planning that out nor did I have any creative ideas on fun poses/locations at our venue. If I... Read More did it again I would have had more photos of guests at the tables with us in them... Even if it disrupted dinner! Overall, I would highly recommend Light of Shade.

Great Engagement Session

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Laurel K

I booked Light of Shade for our wedding and engagement session and they have been fabulous to work with so far! As of right now we have completed our engagement session and are waiting anxiously to see how they turned out! So far the experience working with Griselda and Allan... Read More has been really awesome. Griselda handles all the scheduling and contract stuff and has been so easy to work with. They are far more flexible than other photographers I have spoken with. They included the engagement session in with their wedding package but really left it all up to my fiancé and I to customize which was really great. We agreed on a 3 hour session (which doesn't seem like a really long time but is more than enough!) and they do not place really any other restrictions. You can change as many times as you want and you can visit multiple locations. I emailed some photo ideas found on pintrest to Allan and Griselda a few days before our shoot and was so impressed by how hard Allan tried to take every shot I wanted. He even remembered the shots better than I did and had copies of them handy as reference! Allan is soft spoken but super nice and easy to work with and you can just totally tell the artistic wheels in his brain are turning. He provides great direction which is nice because I definitely have no experience posing for photos and initially felt really awkward about the shoot, but Allan made is feel much more comfortable in no time! The only down side is waiting to see the photos. We were given an estimated time of 6-8 weeks. The previews Allan showed us though were amazing and we are so excited to whole shoot and are sure it will be worth the wait!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Louie C

We had Light of Shade take our engagement and wedding photos. They capture moments that your friends and family will love! Also, they make your day as stress free as possible! They're very easy to work with and accommodating to your style and schedule. They won't disappoint!