Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

192 North State Road 267, Avon, IN All of Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky (317) 362-6754

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Ashley D

DJ Mikey was our wedding DJ from Light Out Entertainment and we couldn't be happier that he was our DJ. He was very thorough in preparing for our wedding and his website allowed us to customize the playlist for our event. He was even able to help us edit our first dance songs... Read More to be the perfect length. Mike kept the evening running smoothly and took time to learn the wedding party names before introductions. We through a few curveballs at Mike with last second requests to end the evening and he was more than accommodating. He also took some great pictures and video during the evening which gave us another perspective on our wedding. We are so thankful that Mikey was our DJ and would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Mandy R

Absolutely amazing!! Cannot recommend DJ Mikey enough. He was so easy to talk to and work with, made the whole process go smoothly from start to finish. Getting married is stressful and expensive enough as is, you should not have to deal with vendors trying to upsell you or... Read More adding to your stress! Michael was so professional and courteous, and listened to what WE wanted and envisioned for our day. Even though we booked almost a year in advance, Michael was always there if we needed him, returning emails immediately and taking care of any road blocks along the way. Not sure our wedding would have been as amazing with anyone else there by our side. So glad we chose him and hope you do too!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Janice R

In our search for a wedding DJ last spring, we had a tough time initially deciding. Then a friend recommended Lights Out and we couldn't have been happier with our decision! Mike, our DJ, took the initiative to set up his own meeting with the event planner at our reception... Read More venue. He met with us as well to discuss our tastes in music and how he could incorporate our preferences but also throw a good party. Every step of the way, Mike was helpful and there for us! He was very patient as we navigated planning a wedding! We received so many compliments for our music at the wedding. My favorite part was having all the cocktail hour and dinner music only be by bands my husband and I have seen live together - it made for an extra special evening!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017

I am mother of bride and must say Michael was the best choice we made for the wedding. He added so much fun and order to the ceremony and reception afterwards. Highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Jason G

Michael is the best! He went out of his way to accommodate us. Throughout the whole process, he was more than willing to meet with us several times to make sure everything was just right. He was more than willing to purchase music that wasn't already in his catalog so that we... Read More could have the music we wanted. That included special songs for our 4 year old son. I found it was easy to maneuver and pick songs using his online playlist software. Our wedding had a racing theme and Michael matched the wedding party by wearing his checkered flag tie along with the groomsmen. Michael made sure he was available for the wedding rehearsal. The day of the wedding turned out great. Michael was a wonderful MC and DJ. He personally took me and my bride's food orders and made sure we got our food. He went out of his way to greet each table of guests personally. Everybody had fun. I'm not a dancer but had fun dancing to his music! Michael is the best and I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Rebecca B

Michael was the DJ for our wedding and we couldn't have been any happier. We were impressed with Michael on day one. He is easy to get ahold of and quick to return messages. He is attentive to not only the bride and groom's needs, but to all the wedding guests. He went and... Read More talked with every table while they were waiting to be dismissed to the buffet. He was not only distracting them from thinking about when their turn would be to get food, but he asked what kind of music they like to help give him an idea of which songs from my play if possible list he should play. He even downloaded some of my 4 year old son's favorite songs and let him press the button to play one of them during the reception. He also was able to attend our wedding rehearsal and play the ceremony music to help us out with timing of the ceremony. Michael met with us several times throughout the year to make sure we were doing ok with the wedding planning and offering help with whatever we needed. I would highly recommend Lights Out Entertainment to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

I had the privilege of working with DJ Mikey this weekend! I was very impressed by his stage presence and how he interacted with the wedding party. I have worked with many DJs and was blown away in a good way. He was also extremely professional. I would suggest him... Read More and Lights Out Entertainment to anyone looking for a top notch DJ. You can't go wrong here!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Adam T

We hired Light's Out for our wedding and couldn't be more pleased! JT was incredibly helpful in the planning phases and offered ideas that we hadn't thought of without being obtrusive. He also arrived to our venue early to set up, made sure we were ready to go, and helped... Read More alleviate some of the last second stressors. The ceremony went wonderfully and he coordinated with my wife and me throughout the entire evening to make sure our activities timed out well and everyone ate! The entire evening went smoother because of his contributions and we couldn't be happier with the service! We'd recommend this company to anyone looking for a DJ and will be telling any friends who want to hire a DJ for their events!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017

"AMAZING!! DJ Mike was awesome! Everyone LOVED the music he played! He spent much time (months prior to the wedding) doing research, emailing us, and making sure he had everything exactly the way we wanted it. Not only that, but occasionally throughout our wedding, he actually... Read More took the time to come up to my husband and I and ask if we were enjoying the music, wanted to change anything, or even needing anything to drink! I was so impressed!"

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Christa R

I have always said that the DJ will make or break your wedding reception and you should not cut corners when it comes to this! We had DJ Mikey and he went way above and beyond and edited part of the song for the father/daughter dance! I have to say WE HAD THE BEST AND IT WAS A... Read More BLAST!! Thank You so much!!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Ariel G

We got married in a historic building in downtown Indianapolis and held our ceremony and reception at the same venue. We wanted to have great sound quality for our ceremony and we wanted to make our reception super fun! We were referred to DJ Mikey via word-of-mouth, and after... Read More meeting with him about 6-8 weeks before our wedding, we knew he was the right fit for the job! In meeting with him before the big day, we were able to talk through specific songs for set parts of the ceremony and reception, including pre-wedding music, processional, recessional, grand introduction, cake cutting, father-bride dance, etc. Having these specific pieces decided ahead of time was really helpful in ensuring our wedding vision came to fruition. There was an interactive, online portal that we used to help input and change these songs and there were also lists for "must play" and "do not play," which were really helpful! Speaking with DJ Mikey allowed us to share our vision with him and he was able to get a feel for the event we wanted to create! In the planning stage of our wedding, DJ Mikey was really organized and very prompt with communication! He was in contact with our pastor and photographer before the event and did a great job of communicating with both us and them to make everything seamless. He is very eager to please and do everything in his power to make the couple as happy as possible! DJ Mikey was prompt, courteous, professional, and SUPER FUN! He executed the entire ceremony and reception perfectly. We liked that he had a big, strong presence when he needed to be on the microphone, but he also was able to disappear and set the vibe for dancing and entertainment. He never once made the event about himself, and fulfilled the perfect ancillary role to make our wedding perfect! We got sooooooooo many compliments on the sound and specifically DJ Mikey and would 100% recommend him to anyone getting married or having some other super big, fun event in the Indianapolis area! P.S. For couples getting married, ask him about the Bouquet Pass as an alternative to the typical anniversary dance or bouquet toss! This was one of the most special and meaningful parts of our reception!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Kathryn D

DJ Mikey was great! He played all the songs we wanted and people were dancing all night. We had kids at our wedding and everything he played was family-friendly, like we requested.

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Jessica H

Jeff was awesome to work with! He had such an upbeat attitude and was so fun to talk with. He explained every thing that was going to happen and the website made it so easy to accomplish tasks. When the party got started he was a blast. He kept everyone on their feet and there... Read More wasn't any awkward moments at all! It was so awesome!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Melyssa P

It was absolutely a breeze working with JT and Jeff. From day one, they were very accommodating (as I live out of state) and really understood the vision for my wedding day. It was easiest to communicate by email for me and the communication was flawless. Initially, we met over... Read More Skype and discussed which styles of music I like and which types I would like incorporated on my wedding day. For the next few months, I added songs to the online playlist which they make specifically for each event. It was so easy to add/delete/modify songs. JT made sure he had every single song that I wanted played at my wedding. On my wedding day, JT and Jeff were very well organized and kept to the reception timeline. They were awesome. From the time I walked into my reception venue, they made sure I was calm, happy and had everything I needed. They did a great job at introducing the parents and wedding party. They made it fun and introduced everyone exactly how I wanted them to. JT and Jeff did an outstanding job of informing everyone of what was going on, whether it be announcing dinner, toasts, cake cutting or first dances. All of my guests had such an amazing time and Indy Event DJ is hugely responsible for this. My friends could not stop talking about the music and energy at my wedding. I highly recommend Indy Event DJ. JT and Jeff truly made my wedding an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Joe C

We had the pleasure of having JT Miner DJ our wedding on October 15, 2016. We can't highly recommend JT enough. From our first conversation with JT, it was clear that his main priority was to ensure our wedding would be exactly what we wanted, all while making the experience as... Read More stress free as possible. He is professional, fun, and the kind of person you want at your big day. If you want an experienced DJ willing to go the extra mile to customize your experience and make it great time for all, this IS your guy.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Jamie R

Michael was so good to us! He made appointments to have phone calls and video calls with us up until just a few days before the wedding! He was more than accommodating when my dad asked to change our Father/Daughter dance the week of the wedding and he made everything flow so... Read More well! He made our reception even more personal with the added touch of our little "love story" that he wrote after talking with us and learning about our history. We have nothing but great things to say about DJ Mike from Lights Out Entertainment! We're so glad he was part of our big day and made our wedding the party of the year! ;) Thanks, DJ Mike and Lights Out Entertainment!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 K K

We had a great experience with Mike. We initially spoke with Mike via phone and hired him shortly thereafter. We met with him a couple of times, but we corresponded quite a bit through email. Mike was always very responsive to any questions or concerns. He listened to us and... Read More made sure the cocktail hour and reception music were things that we wanted and didn't turn into an event that our guests wanted. This was a distinct difference between another DJ we considered, but in speaking with the other DJ on the phone, we had concerns he would not listen to our requests. This was a deciding factor for us in hiring Mike. He also provided the uplighting for the cocktail hour and reception. Due to some scheduling conflicts, he came to my office with one of the lights, and we played around with the color choices in a conference room until we found something that would work. This type of attentiveness was much appreciated. Multiple guests commented afterwards about how much they liked him. Overall, a great experience, and we've already recommended him to someone who asked us about services for a party (not a wedding). We would highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Stefan K

So happy to have Jeff Thomason host and DJ our wedding and reception. Definitely went above and beyond in every aspect imaginable. I couldn't imagine our special day being any more memorable, fun, and spectacular. Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Kasey S

JT is AMAZING. My husband and I got married on Lake Michigan this past summer and it would not have been the same without JT's great work. People talked about how awesome my DJ was for weeks!! He goes above and beyond. He was friendly and easy to work with. He coordinated with... Read More my wedding planner, my grandmother (who married us), and my photographer. He ran our rehearsal the night before, rounded up family for the dances, was so much fun on the mic, put up awesome lights in the tent and trees, and played great music!! He was even so much fun to plan with. He would call and tell me cool ideas to consider. He had our friends and family gather around during the first dance and parent dances, which was such a moment to remember. He also kept the party going MUCH later after the wedding was over. He didn't care how many hours he worked - he just did an amazing job. He used these really cool lights to light up the lake, and hooked up a whole other sound system down on the beach to have a bonfire later in the night with a small group of family and friends. You can truly tell that JT LOVES his job, and takes pride in what he does. You won't be disappointed when you hire him.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Colbi

Mike at Lights Out Entertainment was awesome. He was helpful during the planning process leading up to the final weeks. He sends you reminders and checks in, which for me was very helpful. His online planning site was fantastic and easy to use, it was helpful to have a place to... Read More keep all of that information organized. He was patient with us and made sure that we thought about all the details that we would have otherwise not thought about. During the wedding things went very smoothly, we had people on the dance floor all night and closed our venue down! Mike was receptive to our group, he did not play just a general playlist, which I feel like a lot of wedding DJ’s do, rather he chose music that was perfect for our wedding party which kept everyone on the floor all night. Overall, we are extremely happy with our choice to go with Mike at Lights Out Entertainment.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Colleen C

Living in Chicago and planning a wedding in Nashville, Indiana could have been much worse than it was had it not been for our amazing vendors. One of those was Lights Out Entertainment. This LGBT friendly company is truly fantastic. We used DJ Mikey for our wedding and through... Read More the entire planning and execution he was professional, timely and very helpful. He made recommendations when appropriate, sent me clips of song edits we requested to make sure everything was up to par, and responded within 24 hours (usually much faster) to any email I sent. The day of the wedding he went above and beyond to make sure our day went as smoothly as possible. He arrived two hours early to set up, gave the dads a heads up when it was time for father daughter dances, he privately rounded up family for the grand march, and kept everyone on the dance floor- even for a small wedding in the sweltering July heat. I cannot say enough good things about DJ Mikey, so I'll stop here, but know that if you choose this company, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Courtney L

Dj Mikey did a great job! He is very thorough and a great planner. He met with us several times to make sure everything would go smooth the day of. Our wedding was more than perfect, the dance floor was full all night long. He did a really nice job of playing music that... Read More appealed to all ages. I would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Patricia V

When planning a wedding as the MOB/FOB, you have certain expectations. For a wedding DJ your expectations are great music, great sound, and an ability to organize it all to make sure you have a great audio experience. JT exceeded our expectations. It was the unexpected that... Read More truly set JT apart from the rest. He was willing to meet several times before the wedding to listen to our ideas and requests, and added some fantastic suggestions. JT’s creative side also came out during all our planning. He did a lot of the work before the actual wedding day. The day of the wedding JT was there early and helped in a lot of ways outside the normal DJ job description. Due to JT’s organizational and facilitating skills, the ceremony and reception was enjoyed by all, as evidenced by the feedback received from the bride/groom and our guests. JT was willing to do whatever it took to make our daughter’s wedding a success.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Kelsey R

JT is great!! Everything from planning to the actual day of the wedding went seamlessly!! He made planning our day so easy because he and my photographer coordinated and took care of all the details. I was so relieved to not have to plan out minute by minute details. My wedding... Read More was 2 weeks ago and my guests are still talking about how great our DJ was. I would recommend Lights Out Entertainment to any bride or groom looking for a DJ who knows what they're doing and are great to work with!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Hannah B

DJ Mikey was AWESOME!! He knew exactly how to get the crowd into the music and the dance floor was pumping all night! He did so much more than provide a DJ service. He really helped in coordinating the entire reception and as very thorough. Mikey also had a lot of other unique... Read More ideas that really added a personalized spin on the reception. He was quick on his toes and handled every curve ball thrown his way. I would book him again in a heart beat!