Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service

All of Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

192 North State Road 267, Avon, IN All of Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky (317) 362-6754

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Ariel G

We got married in a historic building in downtown Indianapolis and held our ceremony and reception at the same venue. We wanted to have great sound quality for our ceremony and we wanted to make our reception super fun! We were referred to DJ Mikey via word-of-mouth, and after... Read More meeting with him about 6-8 weeks before our wedding, we knew he was the right fit for the job! In meeting with him before the big day, we were able to talk through specific songs for set parts of the ceremony and reception, including pre-wedding music, processional, recessional, grand introduction, cake cutting, father-bride dance, etc. Having these specific pieces decided ahead of time was really helpful in ensuring our wedding vision came to fruition. There was an interactive, online portal that we used to help input and change these songs and there were also lists for "must play" and "do not play," which were really helpful! Speaking with DJ Mikey allowed us to share our vision with him and he was able to get a feel for the event we wanted to create! In the planning stage of our wedding, DJ Mikey was really organized and very prompt with communication! He was in contact with our pastor and photographer before the event and did a great job of communicating with both us and them to make everything seamless. He is very eager to please and do everything in his power to make the couple as happy as possible! DJ Mikey was prompt, courteous, professional, and SUPER FUN! He executed the entire ceremony and reception perfectly. We liked that he had a big, strong presence when he needed to be on the microphone, but he also was able to disappear and set the vibe for dancing and entertainment. He never once made the event about himself, and fulfilled the perfect ancillary role to make our wedding perfect! We got sooooooooo many compliments on the sound and specifically DJ Mikey and would 100% recommend him to anyone getting married or having some other super big, fun event in the Indianapolis area! P.S. For couples getting married, ask him about the Bouquet Pass as an alternative to the typical anniversary dance or bouquet toss! This was one of the most special and meaningful parts of our reception!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Kathryn D

DJ Mikey was great! He played all the songs we wanted and people were dancing all night. We had kids at our wedding and everything he played was family-friendly, like we requested.

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Jessica H

Jeff was awesome to work with! He had such an upbeat attitude and was so fun to talk with. He explained every thing that was going to happen and the website made it so easy to accomplish tasks. When the party got started he was a blast. He kept everyone on their feet and there... Read More wasn't any awkward moments at all! It was so awesome!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Melyssa P

It was absolutely a breeze working with JT and Jeff. From day one, they were very accommodating (as I live out of state) and really understood the vision for my wedding day. It was easiest to communicate by email for me and the communication was flawless. Initially, we met over... Read More Skype and discussed which styles of music I like and which types I would like incorporated on my wedding day. For the next few months, I added songs to the online playlist which they make specifically for each event. It was so easy to add/delete/modify songs. JT made sure he had every single song that I wanted played at my wedding. On my wedding day, JT and Jeff were very well organized and kept to the reception timeline. They were awesome. From the time I walked into my reception venue, they made sure I was calm, happy and had everything I needed. They did a great job at introducing the parents and wedding party. They made it fun and introduced everyone exactly how I wanted them to. JT and Jeff did an outstanding job of informing everyone of what was going on, whether it be announcing dinner, toasts, cake cutting or first dances. All of my guests had such an amazing time and Indy Event DJ is hugely responsible for this. My friends could not stop talking about the music and energy at my wedding. I highly recommend Indy Event DJ. JT and Jeff truly made my wedding an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Joe C

We had the pleasure of having JT Miner DJ our wedding on October 15, 2016. We can't highly recommend JT enough. From our first conversation with JT, it was clear that his main priority was to ensure our wedding would be exactly what we wanted, all while making the experience as... Read More stress free as possible. He is professional, fun, and the kind of person you want at your big day. If you want an experienced DJ willing to go the extra mile to customize your experience and make it great time for all, this IS your guy.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Jamie R

Michael was so good to us! He made appointments to have phone calls and video calls with us up until just a few days before the wedding! He was more than accommodating when my dad asked to change our Father/Daughter dance the week of the wedding and he made everything flow so... Read More well! He made our reception even more personal with the added touch of our little "love story" that he wrote after talking with us and learning about our history. We have nothing but great things to say about DJ Mike from Lights Out Entertainment! We're so glad he was part of our big day and made our wedding the party of the year! ;) Thanks, DJ Mike and Lights Out Entertainment!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 K K

We had a great experience with Mike. We initially spoke with Mike via phone and hired him shortly thereafter. We met with him a couple of times, but we corresponded quite a bit through email. Mike was always very responsive to any questions or concerns. He listened to us and... Read More made sure the cocktail hour and reception music were things that we wanted and didn't turn into an event that our guests wanted. This was a distinct difference between another DJ we considered, but in speaking with the other DJ on the phone, we had concerns he would not listen to our requests. This was a deciding factor for us in hiring Mike. He also provided the uplighting for the cocktail hour and reception. Due to some scheduling conflicts, he came to my office with one of the lights, and we played around with the color choices in a conference room until we found something that would work. This type of attentiveness was much appreciated. Multiple guests commented afterwards about how much they liked him. Overall, a great experience, and we've already recommended him to someone who asked us about services for a party (not a wedding). We would highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Stefan K

So happy to have Jeff Thomason host and DJ our wedding and reception. Definitely went above and beyond in every aspect imaginable. I couldn't imagine our special day being any more memorable, fun, and spectacular. Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Kasey S

JT is AMAZING. My husband and I got married on Lake Michigan this past summer and it would not have been the same without JT's great work. People talked about how awesome my DJ was for weeks!! He goes above and beyond. He was friendly and easy to work with. He coordinated with... Read More my wedding planner, my grandmother (who married us), and my photographer. He ran our rehearsal the night before, rounded up family for the dances, was so much fun on the mic, put up awesome lights in the tent and trees, and played great music!! He was even so much fun to plan with. He would call and tell me cool ideas to consider. He had our friends and family gather around during the first dance and parent dances, which was such a moment to remember. He also kept the party going MUCH later after the wedding was over. He didn't care how many hours he worked - he just did an amazing job. He used these really cool lights to light up the lake, and hooked up a whole other sound system down on the beach to have a bonfire later in the night with a small group of family and friends. You can truly tell that JT LOVES his job, and takes pride in what he does. You won't be disappointed when you hire him.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Colbi

Mike at Lights Out Entertainment was awesome. He was helpful during the planning process leading up to the final weeks. He sends you reminders and checks in, which for me was very helpful. His online planning site was fantastic and easy to use, it was helpful to have a place to... Read More keep all of that information organized. He was patient with us and made sure that we thought about all the details that we would have otherwise not thought about. During the wedding things went very smoothly, we had people on the dance floor all night and closed our venue down! Mike was receptive to our group, he did not play just a general playlist, which I feel like a lot of wedding DJ’s do, rather he chose music that was perfect for our wedding party which kept everyone on the floor all night. Overall, we are extremely happy with our choice to go with Mike at Lights Out Entertainment.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Colleen C

Living in Chicago and planning a wedding in Nashville, Indiana could have been much worse than it was had it not been for our amazing vendors. One of those was Lights Out Entertainment. This LGBT friendly company is truly fantastic. We used DJ Mikey for our wedding and through... Read More the entire planning and execution he was professional, timely and very helpful. He made recommendations when appropriate, sent me clips of song edits we requested to make sure everything was up to par, and responded within 24 hours (usually much faster) to any email I sent. The day of the wedding he went above and beyond to make sure our day went as smoothly as possible. He arrived two hours early to set up, gave the dads a heads up when it was time for father daughter dances, he privately rounded up family for the grand march, and kept everyone on the dance floor- even for a small wedding in the sweltering July heat. I cannot say enough good things about DJ Mikey, so I'll stop here, but know that if you choose this company, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Courtney L

Dj Mikey did a great job! He is very thorough and a great planner. He met with us several times to make sure everything would go smooth the day of. Our wedding was more than perfect, the dance floor was full all night long. He did a really nice job of playing music that... Read More appealed to all ages. I would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Patricia V

When planning a wedding as the MOB/FOB, you have certain expectations. For a wedding DJ your expectations are great music, great sound, and an ability to organize it all to make sure you have a great audio experience. JT exceeded our expectations. It was the unexpected that... Read More truly set JT apart from the rest. He was willing to meet several times before the wedding to listen to our ideas and requests, and added some fantastic suggestions. JT’s creative side also came out during all our planning. He did a lot of the work before the actual wedding day. The day of the wedding JT was there early and helped in a lot of ways outside the normal DJ job description. Due to JT’s organizational and facilitating skills, the ceremony and reception was enjoyed by all, as evidenced by the feedback received from the bride/groom and our guests. JT was willing to do whatever it took to make our daughter’s wedding a success.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Kelsey R

JT is great!! Everything from planning to the actual day of the wedding went seamlessly!! He made planning our day so easy because he and my photographer coordinated and took care of all the details. I was so relieved to not have to plan out minute by minute details. My wedding... Read More was 2 weeks ago and my guests are still talking about how great our DJ was. I would recommend Lights Out Entertainment to any bride or groom looking for a DJ who knows what they're doing and are great to work with!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Hannah B

DJ Mikey was AWESOME!! He knew exactly how to get the crowd into the music and the dance floor was pumping all night! He did so much more than provide a DJ service. He really helped in coordinating the entire reception and as very thorough. Mikey also had a lot of other unique... Read More ideas that really added a personalized spin on the reception. He was quick on his toes and handled every curve ball thrown his way. I would book him again in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Pamela B

The whole experience was awesome working with JT! Everything from the online portal where we put in our requests/timeline/special songs, to meeting with JT to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted. We were not super specific and just gave him some general guidelines, and he... Read More did AMAZING. The uplighting was awesome, and the crowd loved all the music he played. He was professional, and made us feel like we didn't need to worry about a thing. I highly recommend Lights Out and JT!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Nathan C

Mikey, You Rock! Thank you so much for being our DJ, you are the best DJ in Indy! We got a lot of people telling us how great you were and what a fun time our wedding was. The dance floor was always jumpin' with people just like Amanda was hoping for. It's been a pleasure... Read More working with you from the start. I really liked how you were able to keep us on track in the planning process and help us keep track of the time moments during our reception. One of our favorite moments of the night was when we disappeared for a few minutes to let everything sink in. Looking back, Amanda is really happy that we took that moment of time you suggested to ourselves. If you were wondering where we went we hid in the elevator for that. It was just me and my wife looking at each other and thinking about everything that had happened so far. I know we are both very glad you suggested doing that in one of our planning meetings. Our wedding day was everything we hoped for and more. Thank you again for everything! We will be gladly be sending our friends your way for when they get married.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Lights Out Entertainment and DJ Dan were such a pleasure to work with. DJ Dan kept everything on track throughout the ceremony and reception. He was very flexible, organized, and played everything I wanted. One of the few venders we had no troubles with.

BOOK JT RIGHT NOW!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 AMANDA D

If you don't want to read a glowing but lengthy review about how wonderful JT is, I will sum it up. He is perfect. Book him and it will make your life and wedding so much easier. He knows what he is doing and completely makes a wedding fun. If you want your guests to have a good... Read More time and for the bride/groom not to have a massive headache, book him now. We booked JT from Lights Out Entertainment as one of our first vendors. He was the perfect choice. Throughout the entire engagement, he was readily available and quickly answered emails, phone calls, and texts. My husband and I could never find a good time to meet with JT in person before the wedding (due to our scheduling conflicts, not his) so JT Skyped with us. He assured me through the whole process that the day would go smoothly. He rocked through the engagement period. The day of the wedding- seriously, he is the guy you want to have on your wedding day. He was set up and ready to go before the rehearsal started. He asked questions if needed but at no point did I ever feel he was bothering me. He made sure that my word and thoughts were the ones to happen (not my mom's, sister's, or bridesmaid's). I'm pretty sure he got me and the groom appetizers when the apps were being taken away. He has an amazing way of knowing "the feel" of a wedding and every song was spot on. When people needed to pray/speak/give toasts, he rallied them up and made sure they had a mic. Our guests raved about how good the music was and there was dancing all night (just like we wanted!) He truly was incredible and my husband and I are so thankful to have had him be our DJ. Even if you aren't having a wedding, find some event to have this guy at- he truly is that good! I have worked with a lot of people through the years and believe it would be hard to find a better professional than JT.

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

I would highly recommend Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service. Mike was great to work with and my daughter and new son-in-law were very happy. They even said they have a new friend! Mike was able to keep everyone dancing the entire evening, and no one wanted the party to... Read More end. Cindy Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Jobie N

DJ Mikey was awesome! He is super professional, organized, and easy to work with. At the reception he took charge of the crowd, played amazing music, and was able to read the crowds demeanor and was able to get EVERYONE dancing! We've had many compliments on how great our DJ... Read More was! He was a big help in decided what songs would be appropriate and totally listened to us and played exactly what we all wanted to hear! He helped with our timeline and woild answer any crazy last minute questions we had. A total crowd pleaser! Highly, highly recommended! We could not have asked for more in a DJ!

DJ Jeff & DJ Mikey are A-MAZING!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Carol C

I didn't know what to expect but Jeff had things down from the start. He met with us multiple times and was super organized and helped keep us on task! The website helped tremendously! I've been to a lot of weddings but I feel truly, with their light show and laser that read 'Mr... Read More & Mrs Wallace' it was the most fun wedding ever! People danced the ENTIRE night because the music was spot on with our taste and it never stopped. They had wedding mic-ed and had the music ready for each event from the cake cutting, garter toss, flower toss, mother son, father daughter dance and so on. We were lucky enough to have both DJs at our wedding so it was absolutely spectacular. They had everything down pat and the transitions for every song was completely seamless. These guys know what they're doing!! My 76 year old grandmother even danced. So many people joined in that we almost needed a bigger dance floor. This is the most important part of any wedding. People will forget the food and decor but they won't forget the music, lights, and fun they had dancing the night away. I've been to weddings with bad DJs and it's a bad time but these guys will make you very happy I promise!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Megan K

JT from Light's out Entertainment was AWESOME. He made our wedding day perfect. He played all the music we wanted, kept in touch, and was priced right. We were planning our wedding from out of state and JT made sure that everything came together the way we wanted. He worked... Read More great with our other vendors and is just a great guy. Highly recommend!

2015-09-13T19:49:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks Greg and Megan! What a beautiful day it was and I'm honored to have been a part of it.

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Leeann A

We had such a great time at our reception - in large part due to DJ Mikey! He did an awesome job with the music, keeping things moving, and creating a fun environment for our reception! The online selection process of music was easy and convenient. His prompt feedback when we... Read More had questions or ideas was helpful in the planning process. He's a great guy to work with and we would recommend him to anyone!!

All Around Wonderful Service!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Kacey O

We had DJ Mikey as our DJ this weekend and he did an outstanding job! Not only did he play great music, but he helped us stay on time and get all the things done that we had wanted to do. He also helped us create our timeline beforehand and included things I hadn't even thought... Read More of! We were so appreciative of him during the planning and on the day of!!