Calling all lovers

Hello there! We are Marie and John Rood of Lininger Rood photography. We put our hearts and souls into each wedding. Photography has been a huge part of our lives and creating fine art is a passion that John and I share. We'd love to have you look around and if you're interested in anything you see, let's chat!

Artistic, Classic, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Kansas City , MO Kansas City Surrounding area (530) 762-9539

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Katrina N

Hands down the best decision we made for our wedding! Our wedding photos turned out absolutely stunning and they more than surpassed our expectations. I found Marie after being disappointed in our engagement photos with another photographer. Marie made the wedding planning... Read More process so smooth leading up to and after the day. She took time to get to know us as a couple beforehand and was extremely thorough during the planning process, helping me to consider things I hadn't thought of which I hugely appreciated since I planned my own wedding. Marie and John were an absolute joy to work with and made us feel like we were just hanging out with our friends the day of the wedding. Throughout the day she kept me calm even when other things became overwhelming. Afterwards she was extremely timely in getting us the photos and they did not disappoint! I was just so impressed by her professionalism and her character, but at the end of the day the most important thing was the result. Our wedding photos were breathtaking! I literally want huge prints of every single one we received. As a bride on a tight budget, I would pay 3 times over to get Marie and John again. All of our friends and family were so impressed with the photos and we would recommend their services without hesitation!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Elizabeth L

Marie is a phenomenal photographer and such a joy to work with! She was wonderful the day of our wedding and so easy to work with. Your wedding photographer should be one you are absolutely comfortable around and who catches candid moments so, as a bride and groom, you can look... Read More back through your album and completely relive your day. Marie does JUST that and MORE! I would absolutely recommend her for any of your photography needs- thank you so much for everything, Marie!!

2016-11-14T15:55:18 Response from the vendor

Your wedding was absolutely beautiful! I am so glad we were able to make lasting and memorable memories for you to cherish always.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Erin T

I just need to start off by saying Marie and John were absolutely amazing to work with. From the moment my husband and I met them we knew there was no reason to look further. Their style was exactly what we were looking for. They were reasonably priced for what we desired. And... Read More they were so sweet and fun we were excited to work with them the moment we met them. Through the entire planning process they were completely involved and present even though I was 4 hours away. They answered all my questions and concerns and never hesitated to help. We had a blast working with them day of. On the day of the wedding it felt so good to have them there by our side. They kept us calm and on schedule. They made sure we had everything we needed and made sure they got the best pictures possible. They came early to the venue to scope out the area and see where the best spots would be to take our photos. I just can’t say enough how much we loved them. You can absolutely bet we will be using them in the future for all of our photography needs. And I’m pretty sure they’ve won over some of our friends for when their wedding time comes! If you want an amazing day with amazing people get ahold of Marie and John. They will not let you down.

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Lydia C

Marie & John took great care of us from the beginning. We felt comfortable with our decision from the first meeting, and they did not disappoint. Marie was great about accommodating our busy schedules and reducing our wedding stress in every way possible--helping with the... Read More wedding day timeline, coming to my parent's house (aka the wedding venue) to scout out photo locations, and meeting with us the week before the wedding to make sure everything was ready to go. The engagement photos turned out amazing, and the initial wedding photos are better than we had ever imagined. We framed our favorite engagement photos to display at the wedding, and give to our parents as gifts, and it was unbelievable the number of compliments that we received on all of them. Bottom line: we highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Liliana L

Marie and John did such an amazing job with the wedding photos! I highly recommend them! Despite the rain on our wedding day, they both carried on with great spirits - it made my husband and I feel calm. They even took us out in the golf course for more photos and even captured... Read More a beautiful rainbow! We also got a lot of compliments from our guests on how professional they were and how they were on top of everything! As for the final photos, they are ABSOLUTELY what we hoped for - they captured all the important moments. If you are looking for great wedding photographers in the Kansas City area, Marie and John are the best team!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Ann W

I would highly recommend Lininger Rood Photography . She has a genuine passion for photography and it shows through her work and the additional effort she puts in to make your special day perfect. She captured every detailed and I couldn’t have been any more happier with my... Read More photos. She even ensured the wedding flowed smoothly and our guests enjoyed and had a great time. I couldn’t have chosen a better photographer and I will only use her for all my family photos in the future. Thank you for going above what any other photographer I know would have done before, during and after our wedding. You are absolutely the best and we appreciate the time you put in to see us smile. I will forever be greatful. Thanks.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017

Marie and John came to Arkansas to shoot my bonus son's wedding. They created such a relaxed and comfortable environment it made the day go very smoothly. Working with 3 large and rambunctious families I can only describe the patience they display as Job like. The sneak peek... Read More they provided on the evening of the wedding (yes you read that correctly) are stunning and has me excited to see their finished product. Call them, meet with them and I promise you will book them.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Jena P

Marie is flexible, easy to work with, and prompt in returning your final product! We are so happy we chose her for our engagement and wedding photos and have since used her for both maternity and newborn. She has no problem delivering the vision you have for any of your photos.... Read More Without a doubt we have found our family photographer for years to come.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Tessa P

We absolutely loved Marie and John! From the first time we met with Marie to engagement photos to the wedding and follow up communication it has been one of the best decisions we could have made. After our engagement photo session, my now husband made the comment of how he... Read More thought they were so cool and wanted to go out for dinner with them. If that doesn't sound like the ideal relationship, then I don't know what is. Marie and John made us feel like friends which really helped make our day more relaxing too! Marie was excellent at communicating with me before, during and after the wedding. I've only seen a sneak peek so far and I can't wait to get the rest of the photos because I've been beyond thrilled and obsessed with the images so far. My grandma stressed to me the importance of getting a good photographer because photos are the only thing I have after the big day and I believe we picked one of the best duos in KC to capture the day!

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Kimberly L

We can't say enough about Marie & John! The entire planning process was so great. Marie is so good about communicating and we received our gallery back way earlier than expected. They made sure to help us plan and make time for pictures so we could get the most out of our... Read More experience with them and my family and I are so grateful! Choosing Marie & John as your photographers will be one of the best decisions you make for your big day!

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 McKenzie S

The BEST photographers in KC!!! I swear these guys almost double as wedding coordinators and photographers. Marie made our day run so smooth. She is so sweet and professional. When we met her I was a little bit nervous but she literally turned into a friend after our... Read More consultation. She would call just to check in on planning and make sure we had everything we needed for the big day. Our engagement session with her was fun and our pictures turned out great. her husband even showed up to that shoot and they really eased our minds. From the second she showed up on our wedding day, Marie was a ray of light. Making everyone laugh and helping us have a good time. Our wedding pictures were so gorgeous!!! There were things she captured that I thought were committed to memory and now I have them for a lifetime. We plan to use her for every occasion as well as refer her to all of our friends and family!!!

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Haley G

Marie, John, and her team are top notch. I seriously cannot recommend them enough. After my previously hired photographer went MIA, Marie calmed my nerves and made sure every detail of my special day was taken care of. She seriously went above and beyond. Marie kept in... Read More constant contact with us before the day and asked questions about details I didn't even know I needed the answers to, but ones that ended up being absolutely pertinent. She even went as far as to track down some Aleve I had packed when my groom felt a migraine coming on during the reception. Photography the day of the wedding day was organized, fun, and seamless. I can't say enough about how the photographs turned out. They are incredibly stunning and mean the absolute world to me. Marie has a gift and I feel blessed to have found not only a photographer, but also a lifelong friend.

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Marissa R

I did not find Marie and John from the knot but they were a referral from a friend. I saw her wedding images and knew we had to get a meeting with Lininger Rood. Marie invited us to her office and from the start of our conversation, she was all about US! She is funny, sweet and... Read More her husband is so down to earth. We enjoyed every minute with them. When our wedding images came in we were blown away! We can't thank them enough for all that they did for us on our wedding day and will keep telling all our friends about how awesome they are!!!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 LaTrice W

Lininger Rood Photography BOOK THEM! Marie was absolutely God sent. My husband & I did an elopement shoot and Marie made our day feel so ginormous and EXTRA SPECIAL! Every single moment she captured was breath taking. Our images are AMAZING!!!!! We thank you so so soooo much! We... Read More cannot wait to shoot with you again. God bless

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Erin H

Marie and John were great to work with. Pictures were awesome!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Emily L

We used Marie and John to capture our engagement photos in Kansas City. They truly went above and beyond spending as much time that was needed to capture everything we wanted! We felt so comfortable with them and will forever be thankful! Lastly they can work with all... Read More budgets, you can tell they care more about their clients than the money!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Kerry H

Marie was so wonderful to work, not to mention affordable. We appreciate how she took time to get to know us as a couple when taking our engagement pictures. Her pictures really captured all the special moments of our big day, and we would definitely recommend her to anyone... Read More looking for a photographer!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Faith H

Marie and John were seriously life-savers on my wedding day! My original photographer was a no-show and it was such a blessing! Marie understood my initial frustration and took it all in stride. She was so go with the flow and it was exactly what we needed. I am so completely... Read More thrilled with what I have seen so far and can't wait for the final turnout! The only disappointment that I have is that I didn't hire them from the beginning!!!

2016-11-14T15:57:22 Response from the vendor

Walking into such an uneasy thing turned out to be so fun for us! We enjoyed every second of your day. Your family and bridal party were so welcoming and truly made our job easy. We are soiled that we were able to make some... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Rochelle F

Started off having a small idea and Marie turned it into my dreams! Such a skilled and amazing photographer. I've never felt so comfortable and relaxed during such a intense, emotional, and busy day. She took care of so much walked me through all the steps. Her turn around is... Read More quick and just leaves you with one hard question. Which pic is your favorite? We can't wait to continue to work with her for future family photos. Once you find a great one and she is you can never let her go!

2016-11-14T15:59:08 Response from the vendor

We loved your easy go type of day. Thank you for allowing us to capture some great memories for you and your family!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Stephanie H

LOVED working with Marie for my wedding. She was professional, easy to get in contact with, shot beautiful photos of our wedding, and delivered our imaged in a timely fashion. Would highly recommend her to anyone that needed a wedding photographer.

2016-11-14T15:59:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words as I totally enjoyed photographing your special day!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Krystal A

Marie and John were absolutely phenomenal to work with! My photographer cancelled on me a few months before my wedding and it was a blessing in disguise. My husband and I both fell in love with Marie during our initial consultation and knew we had to have her as our wedding... Read More day photographer. She was enthusiastic, very patient with all my questions/requests, and proactive in planning for our big day. Not to mention they are reasonably priced for the product and service they provide. Marie and John arrived way before they were scheduled to in order to capture pictures of our wedding party getting ready. We were on a tight schedule on our wedding day, and Marie and John made the most of our time. They had visited our venue and wedding location prior to our big day and planned out where to take specific shots. Their proactive planning made our day go so smoothly. During our ceremony, they were invisible. I was amazed at our ceremony shots because I didn't even realize at the time they had been taking pictures so close to us! Lininger-Rood continued to amaze us even after our wedding. Marie went straight to work editing, and we had access to our fully edited wedding gallery during our honeymoon! We could not have asked for a better wedding photographer and we are so happy we chose Lininger-Rood Photography to capture our special day. Marie is very professional and a true artist. I highly recommend choosing Lininger-Rood Photography to capture your wedding day memories-you won't be disappointed!

2016-11-14T15:51:40 Response from the vendor

It was such a joy to work with you and your entire family! We are so glad that we were able to make memories for you that you love.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Jade B

Marie and John went above and beyond for us before, during, and after our wedding day. Marie was so helpful, offering tons of advice and answering any questions I had. They both made our wedding day stress free and worked with our budget. Our photos turned out so beautiful and... Read More we will treasure them for the rest of our lives! We would recommend them to all of our friends and family. Thank you again for capturing our special day for us! We cannot thank you enough!

2016-11-14T15:53:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. We enjoyed working with you and your family on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Veronica P

My wedding was on April 5th 2014 and liningerrood photography made my day. Marie made me feel beautiful and the way she captured every detail was amazing. thank you.

2015-12-06T08:04:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your ceremony was so sweet and I wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Jennifer C

Marie is an amazing photographer and we are glad we chose her to capture our special day. She is very sweet and was patient during the sit down process. The day of the wedding was captured in such a beautiful way! I still love looking at my images and feel like they were taken... Read More yesterday. Choose Lininger Rood for your wedding day...YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!

2015-12-06T08:03:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed working with you and your new family! Best wishes to you!!!

Marie Rood

Hi I'm Marie, the dreamer, visionary and creator. John is the love of my life and he is also an amazing creator. We fell in love with the wedding industry because love speaks to both of us! It excites and moves us in a way that no other type of photography ever could. We opened for business in 2015 here in KC and haven't looked back since. Serving our families and ensuring that no one is completely stressed out is the one thing that makes the most unique. We look forward to making memories with our couples that last forever.