Lionsgate Event Centers - Dove House & Gatehouse

Lafayette, CO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Lionsgate Event Centers - Dove House & Gatehouse

We are a beautiful and unique facility for your wedding or private event. Our buildings can host anywhere from 20 to 500+ guests with a wide range of prices to fit every budget. Prices include private use of house and grounds, tables, chairs, linens, tableware, centerpieces, and on-site manager.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn, Historic Venue

Planning

1055 South 112th Street, Lafayette, CO

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 12/13/2013 Kristin R

We had our wedding at the Dove house at the end of November on a Sunday, and the venue was just perfect. Alaina, our coordinator, was so professional and sweet. She made everything easy and run smoothly. The layout of the space was perfect for our needs, and it was beautiful as... Read More well! Thank you!!

Great Owners, Great Staff

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Veronica G

The reason why we chose our venue was because of the flexibility of moving our ceremony indoors should the weather not cooperate on our wedding day. Go figure, it rained and in less than five minutes our grand outdoor ceremony was transformed by the amazing staff into a... Read More beautiful, intimate ceremony. I was a little bothered that my site coordinator didn't leave any notes for the coordinators that took over my wedding in her last minute absence but the two that took over were amazing to work with. Gorgeous, affordable venue.

Fabulous Venue

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 ellen e

I would recommend this venue to any bride. Not only is the location beautiful but the staff is amazing. Alex helped us from day one and made my experience an excellent one. She helped with every step and always got back to me within the day. We saved a ton of money because... Read More they provide all the table settings and centerpieces. We loved the outside where we had the ceremony and the inside was a great space for lots of people and lots of dancing. I wouldn't change a thing about my experience with the gatehouse.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Corrie E

We had our wedding at the Dove House this December, and it was perfect. We are so grateful to Ashley for staying positive within the chaos and handling our families with a smile!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Ashley O

I cannot say enough good things about this venue. It was my favorite from the start. I love(d) the uniqueness, and that they didn't seem stuffy, like many of the other venues we looked at. Every staff member I came into contact with was friendly, professional, and excited to be... Read More there. My wedding day was perfect and I really felt properly taken care of, the ambiance was great, and our coordinator was amazing. The cost was reasonable as we had an off season Monday wedding.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Hannah B

We had our wedding in September 2015 here and it was amazing. Sylest was out coordinator and she was a god send. VERY organized, very professional. They are willing to work around any budget, party size, and obstacles. We couldn't have been happier with our experience there. We... Read More had a beautiful day with a great dinner. Lots of fun yard games were put out for families to play while we got through our professional photos. Everyone at the wedding said they had a blast and loved the venue. Not sure what else to say other than these guys are amazing and worth every penny!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Alyssa E

If I could write two separate reviews it would be 5+ stars for the Dove House itself and 2 stars for the staff. We had our wedding at the Dove House on 9-18-15. It is an absolutely beautiful venue. The grounds are well maintained and quirky with a chicken coop including... Read More adorable chickens that roam the area. The house itself is beautiful with different rooms and old decorations that give it a old world feel. I loved the fact that the Dove House was different than any other place we looked. It was perfect and we did have a great time. The staff on the other had lacked quite a bit. We went through 3 different coordinators. The first one seemed stuck up and wasn't very helpful. The second one we had for the majority of the planning process was wonderful. She was helpful and remembered things about our wedding and would ask how specific things were coming along. We were very disappointed to hear two weeks before our wedding that she had gotten a job elsewhere. We were then passed on to Alex. We wanted to meet with Alex before the wedding so that we could see who we had been passed on to and it seemed like things were going to transition smoothly. We had just recently gone through our final walk through with our previous coordinator so it should have been fairly easy for Alex to go through our timeline and see what was needed. It was a little disappointing that we had to be passed off onto someone else for our rehearsal but with Alex taking us on last minute it was a little be understood. We wanted a little bit of extract time getting ready on the wedding day so we paid for an additional half hour. We arrived at 4pm as scheduled and no one from Lionsgate was around. My mother in law had to go to the office to ask someone to come help because there were things that Lionsgate was supposed to have put out that weren't. Someone from the office came to "help" but seemed a little put out and short with the people setting up. None of the people assigned to our wedding including Alex showed up until 5:30pm. I guess we assumed that we are paying for this place and someone from the venue would be on hand for questions. But that's what you get for assuming. We paid for the planning package and got Cameron from 5280 mobile dj. He was wonderful! I cannot say enough good things about him. We would completely recommend Cameron as a dj. We also got our cake from Das Meyer and a photo booth through All Digital. All digital was supposed to show up after dinner was served. They never showed up and my dad was the one who had to tell Alex that they weren't there. It was very frustrating to pay for the planning package, be told they, at Lionsgate, will take care of everything and have them not know that one of the vendors wasn't there. We were also supposed to have lawn games that Lionsgate was supposed to provide that were never put out. I feel like Alex never really was involved in the wedding. She didn't really know what was going on even though it was all written out for her in our final walk through. Looking back I should have been more direct and asked more questions especially since we were passed around so much. I would recommend not assuming anything. If you question it, ask them and get it in writing so you can reference it later. Over all I would recommend Lionsgate as a wedding venue and if I had to go through the process again I would still choose Lionsgate.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Carolyn K

WOW!! My husband and I had the most amazing experience at Lionsgate. Our wedding and reception took place at the adorable Dove House and our wedding coordinator, Alex, was incredible from start to finish. This place is incredibly professional and Alex made our experience... Read More unforgettable. Everything leading up to our big day and then day of ran so smoothly. I still receive compliments from our guests that this is one of the best wedding's and venues they had been to. Because the bar was near the dance floor and separate from the dining area, it forced folks to get more involved in the party or hang out by the bar. Although we spent a little more than what we wanted for the venue, it was SO worth it to be stress and worry free. I'd also like to point out that we planned all of this from MD and Alex had no problems talking with us on the phone about all our needs. Her advice and calm nature was perfect. Thank you Alex - we will forever remember our day as incredible. We are so blessed to have found you all!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Haley S

We got married at the Dove House on September 26th. We received so many compliments on how gorgeous the venue is!!! Everything is so genuine, from the bar (which came from New York City) to the old pianos that can be found around the venue. I walked down the isle at 7 PM (right... Read More as the sun was going down), and the lighting was absolutely spectacular. There are lights that wind around the trees and strings of lights above the isle. It was magical! Our coordinator is Catherine. I absolutely love her! She was so sweet and caring throughout the entire planning process, and after I had a melt down about my cake (which wasn't made by a baker recommended by the Lionsgate), she made sure it was fixed and was presentable by the time of the reception. It was so reassuring to have someone right there to go to when something needed assistance. I can't say enough good things about the Lionsgate. At first, it seemed pricey, but it was totally worth it!!!

Amazing but...

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Bailey P

We had the ceremony and reception here. It was a gorgeous place and our day of wedding planner was amazing and helped us every step of the way. The wedding day came and everything seemed to go very smoothly, except for a few things. We decided not to do a seating chart because I... Read More didn't want the headache so that meant there were open spaces at tables. Becasue of this there were not enough seats for everyone so we had to add one more table during the party, our wedding planner Ashley just took care of it and it wasn't that big of a deal!! Ashley was great and kept everything on schedule. The biggest problem we had was that we could not bring in our own alcohol and we had to use there vendor, their vendor was not the nicest guy. Him and there staff served the guests drinks during cocktail hour but then stopped and had them wait till my husband and I made our entrance. Then through out the night he seemed to be very rude to our guests and not accommodating. Overall it was an amazing place!!

Amazing but...

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Bailey P

We had the ceremony and reception here. It was a gorgeous place and our day of wedding planner was amazing and helped us every step of the way. The wedding day came and everything seemed to go very smoothly, except for a few things. We decided not to do a seating chart... Read More because I didn't want the headache so that meant there were open spaces at tables. Becasue of this there were not enough seats for everyone so we had to add one more table during the party, our wedding planner Ashley just took care of it and it wasn't that big of a deal!! Ashley was great and kept everything on schedule. The biggest problem we had was that we could not bring in our own alcohol and we had to use there vendor, their vendor was not the nicest guy. Him and there staff served the guests drinks during cocktail hour but then stopped and had them wait till my husband and I made our entrance. Then through out the night he seemed to be very rude to our guests and not accommodating. Overall it was an amazing place!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

I just can't say enough great things about the Lionsgate venue and staff since my daughter's wedding there August 27. Ashley, our wedding coordinator, was awesome! She made sure everything ran so smoothly that we didn't have to worry about a thing on the big day. The outdoor... Read More wedding site was spectacular, as was the Gatehouse for the reception. The kitchen staff, wait staff and bar staff were efficient and polite. The venue is so easy to find and convenient to hotels. I would highly recommend Lionsgate to any future bride planning her wedding. Thanks, Lionsgate, for making the day so perfect!

A fairytale venue!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Kristen S

We selected Lionsgate-The Gatehouse after visiting roughly 10 other venues around the Denver/Colorado Springs area. When we walked in the Lionsgate office, we instantly felt a sense of warmth, comfort and happiness! We initially met with Brittany, who gave us a wonderful tour... Read More and spent time answer our questions. I took my parents back the following week and we decided it was "the one!" Ashley was the wedding planner that was assigned to us through the facility (yes, a wedding planner for free!) and how lucky we were! Ashley was very attentive and listened to our hopes and vision for the wedding day and worked with us to make the process as easy as possible (wedding planning is hard!) We were able to visit the venue as often as we liked leading up the day to confirm linens (included), glassware (included), china (included) and any other ceremony/reception decorations that we wanted to use (also included!) Every time we were welcomed with a smile and a sense of excitement for our big day. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch (at least that we knew of.) The outdoor ceremony site is breathtaking and the vintage feel of the grounds and rooms was the perfect backdrop for our photos. They maintain the grounds impeccably and you feel like you are tucked away in a secret garden somewhere. They also provided lawn games for our guests and just a wonderful atmosphere that we enjoyed long into the evening. Ashley was just fantastic during our rehearsal and the day of the wedding. She always greeted us with a smile on her face and ready to help with anything we needed - a drink, finding Grandma, keeping the groomsmen in line, my lipstick, anything! We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful place for our wedding day memories and look forward to returning to the Gatehouse to reminisce about our day. I would highly recommend Lionsgate-The Gatehouse for your ceremony/reception. The staff is extremely friendly, the grounds are beautiful, the inclusions were amazing (which can add up at other venues) and we couldn't have had a better experience.

A fairytale venue!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Kristen S

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Libby B

I cannot explain how much I loved our wedding at The Gatehouse! The venue is so beautiful and unique. It really is a great value as there is so much included in the package and the space doesn't require a lot of decoration; in fact, aside from the tables we didn't use any other... Read More decor. Our planner, Sylest was so helpful and really made the planning process and wedding go off without a hitch

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Amber W

Thanks to Lionsgate Event Center we had the most beautiful and perfect wedding at the Dove House! Our wedding coordinator, Ashley, took care of everything! They made sure every detail was taken care of. Our wedding and reception had 0 hiccups and it was amazing! I highly... Read More recommended Lionsgate Event Centers! It takes the stress of the day away. We knew that Ashely had everything under control and would make sure our day was flawless!

Great Place

Reviewed on 4/01/2015 Kristin H

Perfect atmosphere. The wedding coordinators are super helpful and they were able to work with all vendors to keep costs manageable. beautiful location and easy going and friendly, yet professional staff. Thank you!

Ashley at Lionsgate...amazing

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Colleen P

Our daughter's wedding at Lionsgate was amazing! Coordinator, Ashley handled everything professionally! All are needs were met and questions answered. Ashley was attentive on all the requests and did an amazing job to make the wedding unique and special!

Great wedding but impersonal

Reviewed on 1/30/2015 Lindsay w

I loved the dove house, it was the only venue I needed to look at. It was absolutely beautiful for a winter wedding. However, the Dove House and the staff is not what made my wedding so great. Because of the mass amounts of events there, the coordinators made us feel rushed... Read More (and they turnover staff very quickly) and I felt like we were looked over because we were not having an extravagant event there. Be ready to receive very little of your deposit back as well. Our coordinator wasn't really needed the night of the wedding and we made no personal connection at all. My wedding was a dream but it was the family help, outside vendors and my groom that made it that way.

Pros and Cons of Lionsgate Event Center

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Sarah R

I got married here about a month ago and overall am left with a mediocre feeling about Lionsgate. Pros: It is a gorgeous venue! I really wanted an old, vintage feeling venue, and the dove house was perfect for that! Since we had a small wedding (70-80 guests) we were able to... Read More have our ceremony in the living room and the reception in the solarium, which broke the two parts of the wedding up nicely. It was also nice that they supply all the linens, tables, chairs, and let you play around for hours picking what colors and styles look nice. Cons: It’s a beautiful place and they know it. There is no way I could have afforded this place if we had not been married in December and the facility was more than half off. Be very careful to look at your invoices from them. I decided not to do their wedding package since I was able to get way better vendors on my own for the same price. But I did do liquor and invites through them, both of which were almost double what I thought they would be! To be fair, once I spoke with them about it they immediately fixed it, but it should not have been an issue to begin with. I was also not a fan of our wedding coordinator Ashley. Some brides may love having every single detail of their day planned to the minute but I found it irritating because I felt my opinions weren’t being heard. She was also difficult to get a hold of. Overall, I am glad we picked this place because it was beautiful and we got many compliments but be prepared to deal with a frustrating staff that tainted my feelings about the venue.

Love this Venue!!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Jackie H

What can I say, we fell in love with the Dove House and knew it was the place where we wanted to have our special day and it was perfect! They were very helpful with everything, the centerpieces, the linens the organization of how the day was prepared it was perfect!! I... Read More wish i could get married again, like tomorrow and I would totally have it there again!!!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 J J

We were married at the Lionsgate Center Gatehouse. The moment we saw this venue we fell in love with it. The mansion style was perfect for our vintage wedding and it was so elegant and intimate. We received good quality customer service where all of our millions of questions... Read More were easily answered by our wedding coordinator. One of the best features of this event center is that it includes in the price your tables, chairs, linens, and flatware. You also have an assortment of centerpieces to choose from (which saved me a bunch of money on ordering vases that I would have no idea to do with afterwards). Our wedding ran very smoothly, and our event coordinator was great to work with. This site also has amazing places to take pictures and our photos came out beautifully. One bit of advice, definitely make sure you read the packet of “What to Expect” thoroughly. Our one hiccup with this vendor was that a last minute event was scheduled over our set rehearsal time (I was notified 4 days before our rehearsal). It does say in the packet that this can happen, but it was extremely stressful and frustrating especially since our families were coming in from out of town and we had limited flexibility for the rehearsal. Lionsgate was able to accommodate us by having our rehearsal in the other house at the same time and date, but we had to fight for this option as it was not presented to us at first. Otherwise we had nothing but good experiences at Lionsgate and would definitely recommend that you check out their venue and what they have to offer.

The Gatehouse at Lionsgate

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Molly H

My husband and I chose the Lionsgate because they have a beautiful venue and allowed us to bring in our own food and alcohol. Some of the downfalls about it include having 4-5 coordinators from the time we signed the contract until our wedding date, it is pricey but what isn't... Read More with the word wedding in front of it, the wedding started a few minutes early because our coordinator said we should though guests were still trickling in, and we had to fight to be refunded our deposit though there was no reason we shouldn't get it back. The positives: beautiful outdoor venue, option for last minute change to indoor venue if weather turned bad, all of the coordinators were very friendly and helpful, we had a chance to sit down with our coordinator a month before the wedding and talk through details and we were able to have our rehearsal of the ceremony there the night before, the bridal suite is adorable and the grooms suite has a poker table-so fun, the grounds are beautiful and provided excellent photo ops, every one of our guests talked about how much fun they had, it was so nice not to have to worry about details on the day of the wedding because the Lionsgate staff made everything work like clockwork.

Best wedding decision we made!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Kimberly M

We absolutely loved working with Lionsgate. Alaina, our coordinator fielded many many questions throughout the planning process. We were allowed to stop by whenever we wanted to play around with linens and centerpieces. Sooooo much is included with this venue. They even work... Read More with an alcohol company, so alcohol was greatly reduced in price. They are incredibly experienced and made me feel like my wedding was the most important thing in the world. Our guests absolutely loved it!! If you love tall ceilings, rustic wood floors, and elegance, the gatehouse is for you!

Fantastic Venue and Service

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Kim B

I just got married at the Dove House one of 2 onsite locations at Lionsgate. We had 100 guests which was the ideal size for the space. The outside ceremony location and the grounds as a whole are beautiful and lush during the summer. The service provided was outstanding. We... Read More worked with Alaina Johnson and she helped us with every question and every detail throughout our planning process. It was the perfect place for our wedding.