Lionsgate Event Centers - Dove House & Gatehouse

Lafayette, CO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Lionsgate Event Centers - Dove House & Gatehouse

We are a beautiful and unique facility for your wedding or private event. Our buildings can host anywhere from 20 to 500+ guests with a wide range of prices to fit every budget. Prices include private use of house and grounds, tables, chairs, linens, tableware, centerpieces, and on-site manager.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

1055 South 112th Street, Lafayette, CO

Reviewed on 12/13/2013 Kristin R

We had our wedding at the Dove house at the end of November on a Sunday, and the venue was just perfect. Alaina, our coordinator, was so professional and sweet. She made everything easy and run smoothly. The layout of the space was perfect for our needs, and it was beautiful as... Read More well! Thank you!!

Great Owners, Great Staff

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Veronica G

The reason why we chose our venue was because of the flexibility of moving our ceremony indoors should the weather not cooperate on our wedding day. Go figure, it rained and in less than five minutes our grand outdoor ceremony was transformed by the amazing staff into a... Read More beautiful, intimate ceremony. I was a little bothered that my site coordinator didn't leave any notes for the coordinators that took over my wedding in her last minute absence but the two that took over were amazing to work with. Gorgeous, affordable venue.

Fabulous Venue

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 ellen e

I would recommend this venue to any bride. Not only is the location beautiful but the staff is amazing. Alex helped us from day one and made my experience an excellent one. She helped with every step and always got back to me within the day. We saved a ton of money because... Read More they provide all the table settings and centerpieces. We loved the outside where we had the ceremony and the inside was a great space for lots of people and lots of dancing. I wouldn't change a thing about my experience with the gatehouse.

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Haley S

We got married at the Dove House on September 26th. We received so many compliments on how gorgeous the venue is!!! Everything is so genuine, from the bar (which came from New York City) to the old pianos that can be found around the venue. I walked down the isle at 7 PM (right... Read More as the sun was going down), and the lighting was absolutely spectacular. There are lights that wind around the trees and strings of lights above the isle. It was magical! Our coordinator is Catherine. I absolutely love her! She was so sweet and caring throughout the entire planning process, and after I had a melt down about my cake (which wasn't made by a baker recommended by the Lionsgate), she made sure it was fixed and was presentable by the time of the reception. It was so reassuring to have someone right there to go to when something needed assistance. I can't say enough good things about the Lionsgate. At first, it seemed pricey, but it was totally worth it!!!

Amazing but...

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Bailey P

We had the ceremony and reception here. It was a gorgeous place and our day of wedding planner was amazing and helped us every step of the way. The wedding day came and everything seemed to go very smoothly, except for a few things. We decided not to do a seating chart because I... Read More didn't want the headache so that meant there were open spaces at tables. Becasue of this there were not enough seats for everyone so we had to add one more table during the party, our wedding planner Ashley just took care of it and it wasn't that big of a deal!! Ashley was great and kept everything on schedule. The biggest problem we had was that we could not bring in our own alcohol and we had to use there vendor, their vendor was not the nicest guy. Him and there staff served the guests drinks during cocktail hour but then stopped and had them wait till my husband and I made our entrance. Then through out the night he seemed to be very rude to our guests and not accommodating. Overall it was an amazing place!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

I just can't say enough great things about the Lionsgate venue and staff since my daughter's wedding there August 27. Ashley, our wedding coordinator, was awesome! She made sure everything ran so smoothly that we didn't have to worry about a thing on the big day. The outdoor... Read More wedding site was spectacular, as was the Gatehouse for the reception. The kitchen staff, wait staff and bar staff were efficient and polite. The venue is so easy to find and convenient to hotels. I would highly recommend Lionsgate to any future bride planning her wedding. Thanks, Lionsgate, for making the day so perfect!

A fairytale venue!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Kristen S

We selected Lionsgate-The Gatehouse after visiting roughly 10 other venues around the Denver/Colorado Springs area. When we walked in the Lionsgate office, we instantly felt a sense of warmth, comfort and happiness! We initially met with Brittany, who gave us a wonderful tour... Read More and spent time answer our questions. I took my parents back the following week and we decided it was "the one!" Ashley was the wedding planner that was assigned to us through the facility (yes, a wedding planner for free!) and how lucky we were! Ashley was very attentive and listened to our hopes and vision for the wedding day and worked with us to make the process as easy as possible (wedding planning is hard!) We were able to visit the venue as often as we liked leading up the day to confirm linens (included), glassware (included), china (included) and any other ceremony/reception decorations that we wanted to use (also included!) Every time we were welcomed with a smile and a sense of excitement for our big day. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch (at least that we knew of.) The outdoor ceremony site is breathtaking and the vintage feel of the grounds and rooms was the perfect backdrop for our photos. They maintain the grounds impeccably and you feel like you are tucked away in a secret garden somewhere. They also provided lawn games for our guests and just a wonderful atmosphere that we enjoyed long into the evening. Ashley was just fantastic during our rehearsal and the day of the wedding. She always greeted us with a smile on her face and ready to help with anything we needed - a drink, finding Grandma, keeping the groomsmen in line, my lipstick, anything! We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful place for our wedding day memories and look forward to returning to the Gatehouse to reminisce about our day. I would highly recommend Lionsgate-The Gatehouse for your ceremony/reception. The staff is extremely friendly, the grounds are beautiful, the inclusions were amazing (which can add up at other venues) and we couldn't have had a better experience.

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Libby B

I cannot explain how much I loved our wedding at The Gatehouse! The venue is so beautiful and unique. It really is a great value as there is so much included in the package and the space doesn't require a lot of decoration; in fact, aside from the tables we didn't use any other... Read More decor. Our planner, Sylest was so helpful and really made the planning process and wedding go off without a hitch

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Amber W

Thanks to Lionsgate Event Center we had the most beautiful and perfect wedding at the Dove House! Our wedding coordinator, Ashley, took care of everything! They made sure every detail was taken care of. Our wedding and reception had 0 hiccups and it was amazing! I highly... Read More recommended Lionsgate Event Centers! It takes the stress of the day away. We knew that Ashely had everything under control and would make sure our day was flawless!

Great Place

Reviewed on 4/01/2015 Kristin H

Perfect atmosphere. The wedding coordinators are super helpful and they were able to work with all vendors to keep costs manageable. beautiful location and easy going and friendly, yet professional staff. Thank you!

Ashley at Lionsgate...amazing

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Colleen P

Our daughter's wedding at Lionsgate was amazing! Coordinator, Ashley handled everything professionally! All are needs were met and questions answered. Ashley was attentive on all the requests and did an amazing job to make the wedding unique and special!

Great wedding but impersonal

Reviewed on 1/30/2015 Lindsay w

I loved the dove house, it was the only venue I needed to look at. It was absolutely beautiful for a winter wedding. However, the Dove House and the staff is not what made my wedding so great. Because of the mass amounts of events there, the coordinators made us feel rushed... Read More (and they turnover staff very quickly) and I felt like we were looked over because we were not having an extravagant event there. Be ready to receive very little of your deposit back as well. Our coordinator wasn't really needed the night of the wedding and we made no personal connection at all. My wedding was a dream but it was the family help, outside vendors and my groom that made it that way.

Pros and Cons of Lionsgate Event Center

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Sarah R

I got married here about a month ago and overall am left with a mediocre feeling about Lionsgate. Pros: It is a gorgeous venue! I really wanted an old, vintage feeling venue, and the dove house was perfect for that! Since we had a small wedding (70-80 guests) we were able to... Read More have our ceremony in the living room and the reception in the solarium, which broke the two parts of the wedding up nicely. It was also nice that they supply all the linens, tables, chairs, and let you play around for hours picking what colors and styles look nice. Cons: It’s a beautiful place and they know it. There is no way I could have afforded this place if we had not been married in December and the facility was more than half off. Be very careful to look at your invoices from them. I decided not to do their wedding package since I was able to get way better vendors on my own for the same price. But I did do liquor and invites through them, both of which were almost double what I thought they would be! To be fair, once I spoke with them about it they immediately fixed it, but it should not have been an issue to begin with. I was also not a fan of our wedding coordinator Ashley. Some brides may love having every single detail of their day planned to the minute but I found it irritating because I felt my opinions weren’t being heard. She was also difficult to get a hold of. Overall, I am glad we picked this place because it was beautiful and we got many compliments but be prepared to deal with a frustrating staff that tainted my feelings about the venue.

Love this Venue!!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Jackie H

What can I say, we fell in love with the Dove House and knew it was the place where we wanted to have our special day and it was perfect! They were very helpful with everything, the centerpieces, the linens the organization of how the day was prepared it was perfect!! I... Read More wish i could get married again, like tomorrow and I would totally have it there again!!!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 J J

We were married at the Lionsgate Center Gatehouse. The moment we saw this venue we fell in love with it. The mansion style was perfect for our vintage wedding and it was so elegant and intimate. We received good quality customer service where all of our millions of questions... Read More were easily answered by our wedding coordinator. One of the best features of this event center is that it includes in the price your tables, chairs, linens, and flatware. You also have an assortment of centerpieces to choose from (which saved me a bunch of money on ordering vases that I would have no idea to do with afterwards). Our wedding ran very smoothly, and our event coordinator was great to work with. This site also has amazing places to take pictures and our photos came out beautifully. One bit of advice, definitely make sure you read the packet of “What to Expect” thoroughly. Our one hiccup with this vendor was that a last minute event was scheduled over our set rehearsal time (I was notified 4 days before our rehearsal). It does say in the packet that this can happen, but it was extremely stressful and frustrating especially since our families were coming in from out of town and we had limited flexibility for the rehearsal. Lionsgate was able to accommodate us by having our rehearsal in the other house at the same time and date, but we had to fight for this option as it was not presented to us at first. Otherwise we had nothing but good experiences at Lionsgate and would definitely recommend that you check out their venue and what they have to offer.

The Gatehouse at Lionsgate

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Molly H

My husband and I chose the Lionsgate because they have a beautiful venue and allowed us to bring in our own food and alcohol. Some of the downfalls about it include having 4-5 coordinators from the time we signed the contract until our wedding date, it is pricey but what isn't... Read More with the word wedding in front of it, the wedding started a few minutes early because our coordinator said we should though guests were still trickling in, and we had to fight to be refunded our deposit though there was no reason we shouldn't get it back. The positives: beautiful outdoor venue, option for last minute change to indoor venue if weather turned bad, all of the coordinators were very friendly and helpful, we had a chance to sit down with our coordinator a month before the wedding and talk through details and we were able to have our rehearsal of the ceremony there the night before, the bridal suite is adorable and the grooms suite has a poker table-so fun, the grounds are beautiful and provided excellent photo ops, every one of our guests talked about how much fun they had, it was so nice not to have to worry about details on the day of the wedding because the Lionsgate staff made everything work like clockwork.

Best wedding decision we made!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Kimberly M

We absolutely loved working with Lionsgate. Alaina, our coordinator fielded many many questions throughout the planning process. We were allowed to stop by whenever we wanted to play around with linens and centerpieces. Sooooo much is included with this venue. They even work... Read More with an alcohol company, so alcohol was greatly reduced in price. They are incredibly experienced and made me feel like my wedding was the most important thing in the world. Our guests absolutely loved it!! If you love tall ceilings, rustic wood floors, and elegance, the gatehouse is for you!

Fantastic Venue and Service

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Kim B

I just got married at the Dove House one of 2 onsite locations at Lionsgate. We had 100 guests which was the ideal size for the space. The outside ceremony location and the grounds as a whole are beautiful and lush during the summer. The service provided was outstanding. We... Read More worked with Alaina Johnson and she helped us with every question and every detail throughout our planning process. It was the perfect place for our wedding.

Best Venue Ever!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Katie V

We got married at Lionsgate Center's Dove House on 9/29/13. We attended the 2012 fall bridal show they put on and we completely fell in love with the venue. Everyone at Lionsgate's is so wonderful and helpful. Amy was our coordinator and she is top notch! We did not purchase... Read More the vendor package, mainly because we already had a few of the vendors in the works. It was nice to have options, though! Amy was very helpful in suggesting vendors we did not already have lined up. My wedding day was perfect thanks to Lionsgate. The only thing I would do differently is maybe add an extra hour or two onto the time allotted. You are given 2 hours before the ceremony, but after arriving and getting dressed and having to set everything up, it seems a little rush. I think it would have been worth the extra $$$ to have an extra hour or so.

My Wedding was Amazing because of them!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Ashley B

I am so happy that we chose the Lionsgate for our wedding ceremony and reception. Alex and the staff were very helpful! They made the wedding process easy and stress free! Everything was beautiful!

Amazing Venue with AMAZING customer service

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Liz R

I could not begin to say enough about the amazing staff at lionsgate. To me customer service makes or breaks an experience and from the first tour we took with Marie to the last hug from Lisa the customer service never ceased to amaze me. Every staff member is so wiling to help.... Read More The gatehouse was the perfect mix of indoor/outdoor space with unique charm and beauty! Every vendor Lionsgate paired us with went out of their way to figure out just what we wanted on our special day! The ability to work with all budgets and make it exactly what you want with a built in coordinator the whole time! Such an amazing experience and could not have asked for a better wedding! Don't look anywhere else this is the place to get married.

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Nadine B

We had our ceremony at the Dove House and the space was beautiful. Working with Amy from Lionsgate was a great experience.Amy was very accomdating and answered our every question. She was willing to do whatever we needed to make sure our day went smoothly and that our day was... Read More all that we could have ever wanted and dreamed! Even though Lionsgate is near a major road you would never know once you are on the grounds. The space is beautiful and is the perfect outdoor wedding space. Our wedding was all that we could have dreamed and more! Everything ran smoothly and Amy made sure that everything was perfect and ready to go. Our wedding experience with Lionsgate was wonderful!

Great place for my wedding!

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Hilary B

I really enjoyed working with all the staff at Lionsgate. They were always super helpful and always had great ideas for my budget. I did their all inclusive package and everything with it went so smoothly. My husband and I met with all the vendors they matched us with before... Read More signing off with them to make sure they were compatible with what we wanted. They had a lot of decorations to use so I didn't have to bring much in. They were just overall great people, very nice, and very helpful.

Reviewed on 6/01/2013 Nikol H

My husband and mom found this place and signed the contract before I could even see it! They fell in love with it from the first time! After seeing it for the first time I can see why they signed the contract right away! IT IS AMAZING! The grounds are super clean and... Read More elegant. With every wedding they have a coordinator for you as well. Lisa was my saving grace for more than one issue that came up with our wedding. I have recommended all of the newly engaged friends to go there! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

Beautiful location

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Elizabeth T

We were very happy with the staff and the facility. It was breathtaking and gave us tons of great photo ops. Would definitely recommend!

TO Lionsgate Event Centers - Dove House & Gatehouse