Lionsgate Event Centers - Dove House & Gatehouse

Lafayette, CO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Lionsgate Event Centers - Dove House & Gatehouse

A BALLROOM IN LAFAYETTE, CO

The Lionsgate Event Centers offer the Dove House and the Gatehouse for exquisite wedding celebrations. Brides and grooms in Lafayette, Colorado, have two spectacular venues to use for an upcoming wedding ceremony and reception. With event spaces for both outdoor and indoor galas, the event specialists with Lionsgate Event Centers are eager to help you plan your wedding day. The Dove House and Gatehouse are centrally located just 20 minutes from both Denver and Boulder.

The Dove House. This historic mansion features stunning gardens on the grounds that are ideal for a wedding ceremony. A pavilion is a popular spot where couples like to exchange their vows. With plenty of unique outdoor features such as a tree swing and a red phone booth, it's easy to capture wedding day memories in photos. Inside the Dove House, the top seating capacity is 150.

The Gatehouse. A large ballroom inside the Gatehouse accommodates between 50 and 300 guests. Renovations have created expansive walls of windows, an intricate staircase, a copper-top bar and stained glass windows, ideal for those first-look photos. Points of interest outside the Gatehouse include the barn, the gardens and the open-air pavilion beside a fountain.

On the Grounds. The expansive grounds of the event center offer stunning options for an open air ceremony or reception. The gardens are large enough to hold up to 200 guests. After the sun sets, the trees come alive with dramatic up-lighting to set a memorable stage. >

The Chandelier Barn was originally a dairy farm built in 1910 and now hangs over 27 chandeliers, each of which were hand crystalled by the owner Marie. It seats up to 110 for ceremonies and approximately 30 people for receptions. The Chandelier Barn fits virtually every wedding theme from rustic chic to vintage glam. It's glitzy and glamorous and provides the perfect amount of elegance to every event.

The event staff at Lionsgate Event Centers comprises established experts in the wedding industry. This attentive team provides extensive consultations to ensure that they understand your unique vision for your wedding day. The coordinators work tirelessly to attend to every important detail to orchestrate an unforgettable wedding ceremony and reception.

Brides and grooms have many options for ceremony location, choosing from various indoor and outdoor spaces. A coordinator manages every detail of the event to free the wedding party to enjoy the anticipation and the celebration. Every ceremony includes a rehearsal prior to the event.

Staff members provide full setup and breakdown of all furniture and equipment for both the ceremony and the reception. During the ceremony, the coordinator takes charge to orchestrate every facet of the event from playing the music to queuing the members of the wedding party. Staff members record the ceremony, providing live video on the facility's website. Guests also have access to a chilled water station.

Moving into the reception promises continued attention to detail. The venue provides all tables and chairs for the event. Cocktail tables as well as both round and banquet tables are available. Mahogany chiavari chairs offer a stylish touch.

Lionsgate Event Centers has an extensive selection of centerpieces, included with every reception event. Choose from 50 different centerpiece styles in both metal and glass. Table linens are another important feature of the reception dinner. Lionsgate Event Centers stocks 95 different styles and colors of linens and you have your choice of linens to match your wedding colors and style. For tableware, the options are equally extensive. All silverware and china is included and you have your choice of either gold or silver chargers. With eight styles of glasses, your options for glassware are also extensive.

The venue specializes in providing a wedding day package to fit every couple's needs. You may opt to work with outside vendors for catering and other services if preferred. The facility provides bar service through Party Liquor. All non-alcoholic beverages are included with every wedding event. Cocktail napkins, stirrers and ice are also included with reception beverage service.

With minute attention to detail, the event coordinators strive to meet every expectation to plan a flawless wedding day. Special requests are accommodated whenever possible. Any of the wedding coordinators are able to provide you with a unique list of upgrades to tailor your wedding day precisely to your needs.

Other amenities include:

• Customized playlist of prelude and ceremony music
  • Coordinator queues bridal party, plays music and controls microphone
  • Live ceremony video on the official website for guests that aren't able to attend

Lionsgate is custom and personal!

We welcome all couples in our Colorado wedding venues. The Gatehouse has a grand ballroom, elegant stained glass, antique staircase and other extraordinary features to provide a sophisticated atmosphere. The Dove House with expansive gardens, intimate lighting and an iconic phone booth are perfect for outdoor ceremonies. And our newest location is our Chandelier Barn. 27 amazing chandeliers line an authentic barn for the Cinderella feel you are looking for. Any wedding big or small, simple to extravagant, our experienced staff will help you find the perfect fit with one of our venues.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Barn, Historic Venue

Planning

1055 South 112th Street, Lafayette, CO (303) 665-6525

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Neal J

We are so happy that we found Lionsgate for our wedding. Our wedding took place in the Gate House with around 120 guests. The space was beautiful and we received many compliments on the indoor and outdoor space. One of the biggest reasons we chose Lionsgate for our wedding... Read More was the ambiance inside and out. Our pictures outside turned out great because of all the small details that they have around the property, including the beautiful ceremony sight. We loved working with our coordinator, Ashley. She was so positive and excited about our wedding during the entire process that we never felt we were inconveniencing her with our many emails. She knew what our vision was and she made sure to listen but also to give her knowledgeable opinion. We visited Lionsgate several times before our wedding for meetings and they were very accommodating and helpful with our questions and concerns. My wife and I had no idea how everything was going to come together on the wedding day, but Ashley made sure that everything went smoothly. Just thinking about our wedding day as I'm writing this makes me smile because of how perfect everything went and this is mostly due to Ashley and the Lionsgate staff to hold everything together. We definitely recommend Lionsgate for our wedding our large group needs and I know, once you visit the property, you will fall in love with it as much as we did!!! Thanks Ashley and everyone who helped out to make our wedding perfect!

Great Owners, Great Staff

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Veronica G

The reason why we chose our venue was because of the flexibility of moving our ceremony indoors should the weather not cooperate on our wedding day. Go figure, it rained and in less than five minutes our grand outdoor ceremony was transformed by the amazing staff into a... Read More beautiful, intimate ceremony. I was a little bothered that my site coordinator didn't leave any notes for the coordinators that took over my wedding in her last minute absence but the two that took over were amazing to work with. Gorgeous, affordable venue.

Fabulous Venue

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 ellen e

I would recommend this venue to any bride. Not only is the location beautiful but the staff is amazing. Alex helped us from day one and made my experience an excellent one. She helped with every step and always got back to me within the day. We saved a ton of money because... Read More they provide all the table settings and centerpieces. We loved the outside where we had the ceremony and the inside was a great space for lots of people and lots of dancing. I wouldn't change a thing about my experience with the gatehouse.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Ian J

The venue was beautiful and well-suited for our guest count (~110) and could have easily handled more. The venue also includes a wedding coordinator, and she was excellent in helping us understand where we were, where we needed to be, what we still needed to do, and what the... Read More venue would handle. An excellent experience at an excellent venue.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Dan W

We loved having our wedding at Lionsgate Event Center and working with our coordinator Catherine during our wedding process. During planning, Catherine worked with us to find vendors who fit our needs and desires, helped us find the perfect invitations, outlined the payment... Read More schedule, and assisted in creating how we wanted our reception and ceremony to be set. Catherine was always helpful and delightful to work with. She met with us multiple times and was available to answer questions via phone, email or in-person if questions popped up during a meeting. She did an awesome job keeping the wedding on schedule and organized, from coordinating with the vendors to making sure the end of night clean-up went smoothly. We chose the Gatehouse as our venue and it was perfect for our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. We heard so many compliments on the beauty of the space, especially about the giant stained glass window. The newly renovated groom’s room was really fun for the guys and the girls enjoyed being able to take a few photos in the gorgeous Chandelier Barn next door before the wedding started. We would absolutely recommend this venue to any couples looking for a beautiful space, a wedding coordinator to assist with your planning and on the big day, and a great selection of suggested vendors.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Zach C

Everything about our day was perfect and we are still getting compliments about the Dove House. They have great relationships with vendors and every single one of them came through for us and went above and beyond. Every time someone asked how my wedding planning was going I was... Read More relaxed and had nothing to worry about because everything was already handled by Lionsgate. Alli, you were simply the best person we could have asked to help plan our wedding, you helped me so much and we had an incredible and an incredibly easy day. Thank you Lionsgate!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Megan O

Our experience was nothing short of perfect! We had our wedding in the Dove House and it was gorgeous! The outdoor ceremony, the inside for the reception truly did not require much decoration beyond table tops as it is so beautiful on its own, the outdoor games, wonderful... Read More service, it was all just truly fantastic! Our coordinator Alli was helpful from the beginning and made the day run perfect from the moment we arrived!

2017-07-01T11:26:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks Megan! And congratulations! We love yard games as much as you do. You had an absolutely beautiful wedding. So glad we could be part of your big day.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Danny C

From the moment you tour with them you will know why they are better than any other venue. If you're looking for a modern or rustic wedding you can find both at Lionsgate. From the very start, you will receive your very own wedding planner hopefully you will get Ashley who is... Read More beyond amazing and over the top! I can not say enough wonderful things about Lionsgate and being the same sex couple and feeling the sense of security and love from all the staff they are hands down the best.

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Jessica S

We immediately fell in love with the Dove House. Because we had an off season wedding I knew to ask for a discount, but it was not offered or advertised. We were looking for a location that would allow us to bring our own booze since my mom works for a liquor distributor. The... Read More Dove House allowed for that we so we signed a contract. We were assigned our coordinator, who IN PERSON, was great. So nice, super fun and easy to work with. However, email communication with her left A LOT to be desired. That being said she did make time for our caterer to come meet with her separately because we were struggling to communicate and he (the caterer) didn't want me to be the middle man. The liquor guy, Shannon, is not pleasant to work with. We needed to use him for beer and staffing, but he was very unprofessional. He told my mom that the reason they don't let people bring in their own liquor normally is because he can charge more money. Um, what? READ EVERY INVOICE VERY CAREFULLY. We had multiple occasions where we found hidden charges or things that did not match up. They were fixed each time I brought them up though, so there's that. The week of the wedding I was having a terrible time communicating with the coordinator so I had to schedule a meeting to see her in person. She came down ill and I met with the GM. The meeting went well and she ended up being our coordinator as ours wasn't better by the time of the wedding. Day of the wedding: everything was excellent (which I contribute to my DJ) but there were a few really upsetting things that happened, but only affected my groom and me. We were served a snack directly after the ceremony while our guests were seated. It was freezing cold, as was our meal, which was also plated ahead of time. The guests had hot food though. Also, the live feed we were promised would be up and running didn't work. So no out of town guests were able to see the ceremony.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Karen W

My daughter had her wedding/reception at the Dove House the end of September 2016. We couldn't be more pleased with how everything went. The venue is a lovely place to hold a wedding/reception and we received numerous compliments from our guests on how wonderful the place was... Read More for a wedding. Everything went smoothly thanks to our coordinator, Ali, and we had no stress at all with how everything was handled. The vendors that Ali suggested all turned out to be awesome as well. We even had a special caterer we wanted to use which was no problem. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. The pricing was the most affordable for everything included compared to anything else we had considered and we researched options for months. We are very happy we chose Lionsgate for my daughters special day.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Loren A

We absolutely loved our experience with Lionsgate! We ended up choosing the Dovehouse for our venue and it was perfect! Ali was terrific! My husband and I live four hours away from the area and Ali made it so painless! I would recommend them to anyone looking!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Abby L

We had our wedding at the Lionsgate - Dove House 2 weeks ago and could not be happier! Our coordinator Ashley was so helpful - she checked in with us monthly (we booked about 13 months prior), helped with planning ideas, and the day of helped keep everything on track and made... Read More sure our guests and the bridal party were well taken care of. We received comments from family and friends that our wedding was best and most fun they had ever attended. Our day was perfect and we wish we could relive it! Thank you Ashley and Lionsgate!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Jayme G

We chose Lionsgate (the Dove House) for our daughter’s wedding on July 23. The Event Package they offer was the way to go for us – they chose awesome vendors for us, we were happy with them all: Nancy Best Cakes, DJ Guy, Painted Primrose Florist, SteveT Photography, Rock Paper... Read More Shears (hair & makeup), All Digital Photo (photo booth) and Greens Point catering. Our event coordinator, Alli, was terrific – helping us navigate all the to-do’s, and answer our MANY questions along the way. She was invaluable and a huge help on Wedding Day. With both myself and my daughter working fulltime, having an event coordinator to be the liaison with all the vendors is a big plus. I feel that the cost was reasonable, as opposed to us having to hire our own and do all the coordination ourselves. They also offer an option to rent the facility for the entire day, which we chose, and we’re SO glad we did. We had the time to do our DIY decorations, have hair & makeup done onsite and time to breath before the ceremony, without feeling rushed. We fell in love with The Dove House (one of two venues there) for it’s charm and great facilities – an incredible “Man Cave” where the groom and his guys can hang out, and lovely dressing rooms for the bride, bridesmaids and mom and dad. It was just the right ambience and size for our wedding of 90 guests. They have a chicken coop with chickens roaming the grounds – may not be something everyone would love, but we sure did. It made for some wonderful picture opportunities, and chickens were a big part of our rustic table decorations. We had a wonderful day to remember, and would not have changed a thing! If I could point out ONE negative (minor), it would be the traffic noise from 287. As we chose the Dove House, our outside ceremony area is next to this heavily traveled road. While there are huge trees and a high fence and the road is virtually hidden, there is still considerable noise, such that our ceremony music was not heard as well as it could have been.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

Not satisfied or happy about our experience there. Ask lots of questions, because you will be charged.

2016-08-12T16:57:06 Response from the vendor

I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience. We really want to give couples the best experience possible. We appreciate your feedback and apologize that you weren't/aren't totally satisfied with your experience. If your date has not come and gone already, we would... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Corrie E

We had our wedding at the Dove House this December, and it was perfect. We are so grateful to Ashley for staying positive within the chaos and handling our families with a smile!

The perfect place...

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Jamie W

We visited a few venues before a friend told us about Lionsgate. As soon as we saw the Gatehouse, we knew there was no other place that would be such a perfect fit for our wedding. From the initial visit all the way through the day of the wedding, all of the staff was incredible... Read More to work with and everything turned out better than we could have imagined! We had the most amazing wedding coordinator and the wedding would not have been the same without her! The location is amazing and beautiful and I wouldn't have wanted to have our wedding anywhere else.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Ashley O

I cannot say enough good things about this venue. It was my favorite from the start. I love(d) the uniqueness, and that they didn't seem stuffy, like many of the other venues we looked at. Every staff member I came into contact with was friendly, professional, and excited to be... Read More there. My wedding day was perfect and I really felt properly taken care of, the ambiance was great, and our coordinator was amazing. The cost was reasonable as we had an off season Monday wedding.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Hannah B

We had our wedding in September 2015 here and it was amazing. Sylest was out coordinator and she was a god send. VERY organized, very professional. They are willing to work around any budget, party size, and obstacles. We couldn't have been happier with our experience there. We... Read More had a beautiful day with a great dinner. Lots of fun yard games were put out for families to play while we got through our professional photos. Everyone at the wedding said they had a blast and loved the venue. Not sure what else to say other than these guys are amazing and worth every penny!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Alyssa E

If I could write two separate reviews it would be 5+ stars for the Dove House itself and 2 stars for the staff. We had our wedding at the Dove House on 9-18-15. It is an absolutely beautiful venue. The grounds are well maintained and quirky with a chicken coop including... Read More adorable chickens that roam the area. The house itself is beautiful with different rooms and old decorations that give it a old world feel. I loved the fact that the Dove House was different than any other place we looked. It was perfect and we did have a great time. The staff on the other had lacked quite a bit. We went through 3 different coordinators. The first one seemed stuck up and wasn't very helpful. The second one we had for the majority of the planning process was wonderful. She was helpful and remembered things about our wedding and would ask how specific things were coming along. We were very disappointed to hear two weeks before our wedding that she had gotten a job elsewhere. We were then passed on to Alex. We wanted to meet with Alex before the wedding so that we could see who we had been passed on to and it seemed like things were going to transition smoothly. We had just recently gone through our final walk through with our previous coordinator so it should have been fairly easy for Alex to go through our timeline and see what was needed. It was a little disappointing that we had to be passed off onto someone else for our rehearsal but with Alex taking us on last minute it was a little be understood. We wanted a little bit of extract time getting ready on the wedding day so we paid for an additional half hour. We arrived at 4pm as scheduled and no one from Lionsgate was around. My mother in law had to go to the office to ask someone to come help because there were things that Lionsgate was supposed to have put out that weren't. Someone from the office came to "help" but seemed a little put out and short with the people setting up. None of the people assigned to our wedding including Alex showed up until 5:30pm. I guess we assumed that we are paying for this place and someone from the venue would be on hand for questions. But that's what you get for assuming. We paid for the planning package and got Cameron from 5280 mobile dj. He was wonderful! I cannot say enough good things about him. We would completely recommend Cameron as a dj. We also got our cake from Das Meyer and a photo booth through All Digital. All digital was supposed to show up after dinner was served. They never showed up and my dad was the one who had to tell Alex that they weren't there. It was very frustrating to pay for the planning package, be told they, at Lionsgate, will take care of everything and have them not know that one of the vendors wasn't there. We were also supposed to have lawn games that Lionsgate was supposed to provide that were never put out. I feel like Alex never really was involved in the wedding. She didn't really know what was going on even though it was all written out for her in our final walk through. Looking back I should have been more direct and asked more questions especially since we were passed around so much. I would recommend not assuming anything. If you question it, ask them and get it in writing so you can reference it later. Over all I would recommend Lionsgate as a wedding venue and if I had to go through the process again I would still choose Lionsgate.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Carolyn K

WOW!! My husband and I had the most amazing experience at Lionsgate. Our wedding and reception took place at the adorable Dove House and our wedding coordinator, Alex, was incredible from start to finish. This place is incredibly professional and Alex made our experience... Read More unforgettable. Everything leading up to our big day and then day of ran so smoothly. I still receive compliments from our guests that this is one of the best wedding's and venues they had been to. Because the bar was near the dance floor and separate from the dining area, it forced folks to get more involved in the party or hang out by the bar. Although we spent a little more than what we wanted for the venue, it was SO worth it to be stress and worry free. I'd also like to point out that we planned all of this from MD and Alex had no problems talking with us on the phone about all our needs. Her advice and calm nature was perfect. Thank you Alex - we will forever remember our day as incredible. We are so blessed to have found you all!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Haley S

We got married at the Dove House on September 26th. We received so many compliments on how gorgeous the venue is!!! Everything is so genuine, from the bar (which came from New York City) to the old pianos that can be found around the venue. I walked down the isle at 7 PM (right... Read More as the sun was going down), and the lighting was absolutely spectacular. There are lights that wind around the trees and strings of lights above the isle. It was magical! Our coordinator is Catherine. I absolutely love her! She was so sweet and caring throughout the entire planning process, and after I had a melt down about my cake (which wasn't made by a baker recommended by the Lionsgate), she made sure it was fixed and was presentable by the time of the reception. It was so reassuring to have someone right there to go to when something needed assistance. I can't say enough good things about the Lionsgate. At first, it seemed pricey, but it was totally worth it!!!

Amazing but...

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Bailey P

We had the ceremony and reception here. It was a gorgeous place and our day of wedding planner was amazing and helped us every step of the way. The wedding day came and everything seemed to go very smoothly, except for a few things. We decided not to do a seating chart because I... Read More didn't want the headache so that meant there were open spaces at tables. Becasue of this there were not enough seats for everyone so we had to add one more table during the party, our wedding planner Ashley just took care of it and it wasn't that big of a deal!! Ashley was great and kept everything on schedule. The biggest problem we had was that we could not bring in our own alcohol and we had to use there vendor, their vendor was not the nicest guy. Him and there staff served the guests drinks during cocktail hour but then stopped and had them wait till my husband and I made our entrance. Then through out the night he seemed to be very rude to our guests and not accommodating. Overall it was an amazing place!!

Amazing but...

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Bailey P

We had the ceremony and reception here. It was a gorgeous place and our day of wedding planner was amazing and helped us every step of the way. The wedding day came and everything seemed to go very smoothly, except for a few things. We decided not to do a seating chart... Read More because I didn't want the headache so that meant there were open spaces at tables. Becasue of this there were not enough seats for everyone so we had to add one more table during the party, our wedding planner Ashley just took care of it and it wasn't that big of a deal!! Ashley was great and kept everything on schedule. The biggest problem we had was that we could not bring in our own alcohol and we had to use there vendor, their vendor was not the nicest guy. Him and there staff served the guests drinks during cocktail hour but then stopped and had them wait till my husband and I made our entrance. Then through out the night he seemed to be very rude to our guests and not accommodating. Overall it was an amazing place!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

I just can't say enough great things about the Lionsgate venue and staff since my daughter's wedding there August 27. Ashley, our wedding coordinator, was awesome! She made sure everything ran so smoothly that we didn't have to worry about a thing on the big day. The outdoor... Read More wedding site was spectacular, as was the Gatehouse for the reception. The kitchen staff, wait staff and bar staff were efficient and polite. The venue is so easy to find and convenient to hotels. I would highly recommend Lionsgate to any future bride planning her wedding. Thanks, Lionsgate, for making the day so perfect!

A fairytale venue!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Kristen S

We selected Lionsgate-The Gatehouse after visiting roughly 10 other venues around the Denver/Colorado Springs area. When we walked in the Lionsgate office, we instantly felt a sense of warmth, comfort and happiness! We initially met with Brittany, who gave us a wonderful tour... Read More and spent time answer our questions. I took my parents back the following week and we decided it was "the one!" Ashley was the wedding planner that was assigned to us through the facility (yes, a wedding planner for free!) and how lucky we were! Ashley was very attentive and listened to our hopes and vision for the wedding day and worked with us to make the process as easy as possible (wedding planning is hard!) We were able to visit the venue as often as we liked leading up the day to confirm linens (included), glassware (included), china (included) and any other ceremony/reception decorations that we wanted to use (also included!) Every time we were welcomed with a smile and a sense of excitement for our big day. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch (at least that we knew of.) The outdoor ceremony site is breathtaking and the vintage feel of the grounds and rooms was the perfect backdrop for our photos. They maintain the grounds impeccably and you feel like you are tucked away in a secret garden somewhere. They also provided lawn games for our guests and just a wonderful atmosphere that we enjoyed long into the evening. Ashley was just fantastic during our rehearsal and the day of the wedding. She always greeted us with a smile on her face and ready to help with anything we needed - a drink, finding Grandma, keeping the groomsmen in line, my lipstick, anything! We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful place for our wedding day memories and look forward to returning to the Gatehouse to reminisce about our day. I would highly recommend Lionsgate-The Gatehouse for your ceremony/reception. The staff is extremely friendly, the grounds are beautiful, the inclusions were amazing (which can add up at other venues) and we couldn't have had a better experience.