We make people dance!

If you're looking to hire the best band or DJ in NYC for your wedding or event, you've come to the right place. We make it easy to select your perfect entertainment: simply tell us what styles of music you want to hear and what's important to you, and we'll quickly provide you with a personalized quote. Are you into classic Motown & soul, current top 40 hits, '80s & '90s pop, or a mix of everything? Are you looking for a full horn section, a variety of vocalists, or both? Whatever you want, we'll bring your vision to life and throw the ultimate dance party for you and your guests! Watch our videos to see us performing live at real events!

Instruments

Banjo, Bugle, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Latin

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

NY, NJ, CT, MA, PA, and beyond! (800) 249-6874

AFP - Much More Than A Wedding Band!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Morgan F

If you are searching for a wedding band, look no further than the Atomic Funk Project!. AFP absolutely made our wedding! They were phenomenal to say the least. It's been 6 weeks since the event and people are still talking about them. We've even had guests request their info for... Read More future events. They played just the right balance of music to our taste, and really felt the vibe of the wedding. Steve and co. were super easy to work with form the original booking to song selection and day of event. At the end of the wedding people were chanting 'One More Song' - we only wish we could attend another wedding with AFP! Highly, highly recommended - we almost went with a DJ, but AFP was worth their weight in gold! The wedding wouldn't have been the same without them!

Best wedding band we've ever heard

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

I can't say enough about Atomic Funk Project. In addition to the band, we worked with them for lighting and sound during our ceremony and dinner, and with their DJ for the after party. They were so responsive and easy to work with throughout the planning and process. And then... Read More most importantly - the band was absolutely amazing. Truly, truly amazing. Our guests were a pretty discerning crowd, and I can't say how many people told us that we had the best band and the best dance party they had ever been to. Atomic Funk was exceptional every step of the way. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

AFP - Best wedding decision we made, easily.

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Henry B

We listed 5 stars here, but we'd give many, many more if we could... Atomic Funk Project is incredible. You simply won't find a better wedding band. We saw AFP perform a few times in NYC (at legitimate music venues, not weddings), so we hired them for our wedding this past... Read More July in Beacon, NY. Easily the best decision we made. They were an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE to work with - and they brought a show. We lost count of how many times guests asked "Where did you find this band??!!". We actually heard that more than "Congratulations on your wedding". Musically, AFP is absolutely top-notch. They're incredibly talented (from the amazing vocals to every single musician), versatile (we asked for both custom requests and specific songs on their list - they accommodated EVERYTHING), and entertaining/passionate (everybody, young and old, was dancing throughout the night). AFP sounded as good (or better) than the original songs they covered. Atomic Funk Project made our wedding truly extraordinary, and we're now huge fans of THEM. We can't thank Steve, Erik and the entire band enough.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Christina G

Cannot say enough positive things about this band. They had everyone dancing the entire time! Between the quality of the outstanding vocals, their wonderful musicians (especially horn section) and lights, it felt like you were at a concert! They even took time to learn how to... Read More play the father/daughter and mother/son dance which was a special touch. They were very responsive and flexible and reached out to seek clarification with us if something was not clear. Everyone kept asking us where we found them! True professionals - highlight of the wedding and best wedding band we've heard.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Maribeth M

We had the Atomic Funk Project for our wedding in August 2016. AFP ismuch more than a wedding band. AFP is worth every penny! When looking for a band, we set out to find someone that played the New York music scene and we found them one night playing at BB Kings. They are... Read More extremely talented professional musicians who kept everyone dancing all night long. We had an eclectic mix of music and AFP came through playing all of the musical genres. The bride wanted Motown and 70s disco and the groom wanted more modern music, including hip hop and the Black Eyed Peas. People could not get enough of the music and did not leave the dance floor. The band was extremely professional and good in interacting with all of the guests. My sister and cousin went up to sing the Bee Gees "Staying Alive" and the lead singer was great about having them on stage. The lead singer came on to the dance floor to join the dancing. They were great about taking a request for an encore song. They did an amazing rendition of "A New York State of Mind." We still have guests raving about the band several months later and they keep saying how that was the best band ever at a wedding. Everyone liked them so much, that a group of friends and family want to go see AFP play at BB Kings one night.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Meaghan C

From the second our first song concluded all of our guests did not budge from the dance floor. Live Music Pros exceeded any expectations I could have had for our wedding band. My husband and I, our parents and guests all do not have enough wonderful things to say about them!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kevin W

It was an absolute pleasure working with the band. I wanted to incorporate Star Wars songs into the procession but my wife wanted classical strings and Canon in D. Erik took it upon himself to help us rearrange the songs to suit both of our needs and it turned out absolutely... Read More amazing! Everyone loved it because it was subtle but noticeable. The reception performance by the full band was absolutely amazing as well. I wasn't sure if Motown music would suit everyone's taste, but the dance floor was packed from start to beginning. The performers were engaging and even came out to the dance floor to interact with us. Five months later, our friends are still talking about how great the band was and it's all thanks to Steve, Erik and rest of the team! Thank you all again!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Liz C

Amazing band from the very first moment they started playing!!! This was a tent wedding and after seeing their reviews I knew we needed to go with a bigger dance floor, thank goodness we did!!! Once the music began the dance floor was packed. They played a great variety of music... Read More and nailed every single song!!! They do not dissappoint!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Sarah K

I don't have enough good things to say about this band!! They were a HIT at our wedding on 10/8/16. Our guests still cannot stop talking about how amazing our band was and not a single person was in their seats all night!! They are worth EVERY penny and made our wedding... Read More everything we dreamed of and more! Super professional, amazing vocals and the easiest thing you will have to decide while planning your wedding! I have already recommended them to all of my engaged friends!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Analise S

In a nutshell, Atomic Funk Project was the most praised aspect of our wedding. The management was easy to work with, and the band brought serious musical talent. Highly recommended. Musically, the band's expertise is in motown, funk, and classic pop, but they also threw in some... Read More more recent pop hits and nailed those as well. They did a great job sticking to the covers as they were originally performed by the greats. In terms of showmanship, they did an excellent job reading the room and the moment to play the appropriate songs and to keep people on the dance floor. They brought high energy and just the right volume. Administratively, the band was super professional and easy to work with. They made the planning of the songlist/schedule and coordination with our venue simple. As a groom who is very into music, and who was in charge of music, it was a great source of pride when practically every single guest came up to me and told me that the band was the highlight of the night -- besides the ceremony of course :) In summary, book Atomic Funk Project with confidence, knowing that they will make the party amazing, fun, and unforgettable.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Joseph R

It was a pleasure to work with Live Music Pros (Atomic Funk Project). They made planning the music for our event seamless from our first introduction to the day of the event. Our wedding was a few weeks ago and everyone is still talking about the band!!! If you are thinking... Read More about hiring them for your wedding just shoot the lock off your wallet and do it!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jordan K

Live Music Pros were the perfect choice for our wedding! We heard all the songs we wanted to hear, so much so that our guests requested an encore! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

Electric Pop Project was FANTASTIC. They were professional, courteous, and followed every single direction that we gave them -- and then some! They played our ceremony, cocktail reception, music during dinner and dancing of course. All of which were beautifully timed and... Read More orchestrated. Our first dance "You are the Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne was perfect. They had a sound engineer walking the room the entire time we were dancing to make sure the sound quality was on point. My husband and I our entire family and friends were dancing ALL night long. Every song they played raised the energy more and more. From Party in the USA to RESPECT. If you are looking for an elegant ceremony and cocktail reception and then to rock all night, hire Electric Pop Project // Live Music Pros.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Krista M

100% worth the money. Definitely pricey, but if you want an incredible band that will keep your entire wedding dancing all night this is who you want. They were not only incredible the day of, but they were one of the easiest vendors I worked with while planning our wedding.... Read More Steve was so responsive and patient with all of my questions. We had them play for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. They helped the whole day run so smoothly. I do not have words to describe how talented the band is or how much fun they made our wedding. The entire dance floor was packed all night, during shout I was positive we were going to break the dance floor. Through out the night I was asked constantly about them, "where did you find them!", "this is the best band I have ever heard", "it sounds like I'm listening to a recording but way better", "I need to have them for my wedding/my daughters/my sons wedding", "Every song is incredible", and so on... At the end of the wedding we chanted for an encore and they kindly obliged with one last song. After that was over there was an actual line to shake some of their hands, say thank you, and ask for their cards. I've never seen that at another wedding. If you have it in the budget, do yourself a favor and book Atomic Funk Project, you will not be disappointed! I wish I had the option of attaching a video so everyone could see and hear the show they put on.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Stacie B

Atomic Funk Project was awesome! Everyone said they were the best wedding band that they had ever heard. The crowd danced all night!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016

AFP made our night! They had a really wide selection of songs from old favorites to newer hits. They also were able to accommodate some special songs, and focused on the genres and artists we were most excited about. Our guests are still talking about how amazing they were,... Read More and asking for their information for their future weddings! I would highly recommend booking AFP if you want an organized, energetic, and memorable band at your wedding.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

We had a wedding and a party broke out!!Atomic Funk Project brought the house down, raised the roof, whatever you want to call it, was just amazing. Guests (300 of them) never left the dance floor. The entire band was incredible, the horns, the drums, the keyboard, percussions,... Read More guitars and the singers. Anyone (foolish enough) to leave early missed the most incredible version of You Make Me Wanna Shout that included the Bride and Groom. The buzz is still going on weeks later. Thank you all!!!

Best wedding band ever!!!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Hannah G

Wow!! I cannot say enough about AFP!!! They were hands down one of the absolute best decisions that we made when planning our wedding!! From the beginning Steve was so easy to work with. He was incredibly professional, accommodating, and timely. Our wedding day was the best day... Read More of our lives and AFP played a big role in making that happen. We used AFP for the ceremony, the cocktail hour, the reception, and the after party. The musicians were exceptional in all areas! The keyboard was beautiful during the ceremony and the instrumentals were perfect during the cocktail party. During our reception the dance floor was packed from the beginning of the night until the very last song. The entire band is so talented, enthusiastic, and fun!! They read the crowd so perfectly and had my 5-year old nephew up to my 90 year old family-friend out on the dance floor. The DJ at the after party was awesome! No one was ready to end the night and he truly kept the party going! He played everything that guests requested and made sure that everyone was having a good time. I can't wait to have the opportunity to hear AFP live again and I would hands down without hesitation recommend them to anyone looking to have a rocking dance floor at their wedding!!

AMAZING BAND!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Rachel M

My husband and I cannot rave enough about Atomic Funk Project!! They were incredible in every way possible. They were flexible and very easy to work with. We opted for 11 band members to perform for our reception and they stunned everyone. Their energy was infectious and their... Read More talent just amazing. The entire room was on the dance floor from the minute they started. My husband and I love a good party, and this band well exceeded the vibe we were hoping for. They were incredibly professional, prompt and attentive. The band coordinator for the evening kept checking in with my husband and me to make sure we were happy with the song selections and the way everything was playing out, which I was beyond impressed by. The band was also very interactive; one of our guests pulled the lead female vocalist on to the dance floor and she went along with it, dancing and singing the whole time! The band was also incredibly accommodating when my husband wanted to rap the lyrics to Will Smith's 'Gettin Jiggy With It'; they handed over a microphone and let him do his thing, which simply made his night! We would recommend this band!! Our guests still tell us that our wedding was the best they've ever been to!

Fantastic wedding band

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

For great singers with super musicians who play a wonderful Highbee high-energy sets of music nobody sat everybody dance everybody still raving about the band weeks later

Amazing band!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Cassie D

Atomic Funk Project is fantastic!!! Our guests could not stop raving about them (a month later, they're still talking about them!). The dance floor was packed all night. My husband and I are so grateful to AFP for making our wedding such a blast!! Also, their management is... Read More great to work with. Very accommodating and attentive. We highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Alexandra M

Words can't express how great this band is! We asked them to learn a very special song for our first dance and we were blown away with how it turned out. They were extremely professional leading up to the wedding--great with follow up and answering any questions we had. The... Read More musicians and singers are extremely talented and brought such great energy into the room. We love Atomic Funk Project!!

Brilliant Brilliant Band

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Niki K

AFP is an outstanding band, not a mere a wedding band. We came across their website while searching for Motown bands, and their video blew us away. It's a great representation of how awesome they are in person! And they were fantastic to work with. They brought an element of... Read More energy, showmanship and musicality that you anticipate when you buy tickets to go to see a much-loved band's show at a music venue. Our guests keep telling us how incredible they were. Highly highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Kristi P

They were easy to work with but most importantly fabulous! Everyone was on the dance floor the whole time the played. Only regret we didn't have them play longer! They worked the set perfectly to the mood of the crowd. They learned our wedding song and performed what we wanted... Read More during the ceremony. True professionals!

Amazing, amazing band

Reviewed on 6/19/2015

Worth every penny. They put on such a serious show. Out of this world. The lights were great. The volume and sound quality was spot on. The music was exactly what we wanted; it was so good that the dance floor was filled until the night was over. All of the lead vocalists... Read More were so good, professional awesome quality. They will probably end up touring with Chaka Khan. The band was super tight and very funky and a bit jazzy. I'm talking that cool hip jazz. These guys helped make a pretty much perfect night by the beach even more perfect. I had such a fun time and so did everyone else. People kept saying to me, "this band is awesome" throughout the night. And they are! Keep it up guys!

Steve

I co-founded Live Music Pros in 2012 with my long-time friend and musical collaborator, Erik James. We are truly passionate about the music we play and are personally involved with every aspect of our business, from working with clients to performing on stage. We understand how important music is to your celebration. That’s why our packages include everything to make your entertainment perfect. Our goal is to bring your event to life, making the day easy and fun for you and your guests.